Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians (490 Views)

Single Cell To Multi-cell Evolution Has Been Observed In Real Time / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? / Hypocrisy Of the majority of Pentecostal Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by Authority1o1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
It is more befitting to call this type churchgoers. A Christian believes andnd confesses Christ without the implementation of vain philosophy; works out his salvation with fear and trembling and strives, through the help of the Holy Spirit to live the Life that Jesus Christ lived.

It's a no-brainer,we all know that. A bit lengthy,but read to the end.

But I have picked up certain traits common among most Pentecostals (It's not about being segregational here,I myself, I belong to a Pentecostal family). An average member of the Orthodox denomination is conservative, conventional in actions and isn't much interested in overt practice of Christianity— just him, his beliefs and his God.

But can we say same of a Pentecostal christian?

1. They are overtly Judgemental and condemning : Just be on the watch, if you're still spreading clothes on a Sunday morning when you should be in church, brother, you're headed to Hell. Most things they are against are what God is against, but what does your Lord tell you about judging people? Preaching the Gospel and not judging, is the Great Commission.

2. They are mostly intolerant: Being tolerant means enduring and accommodating people's differences and their individual lifestyle. Infact, Jesus Christ already knew this that instead of coming to the world to condemn sinners He came to love and save them. A smoker, a gambler in the eyes of a regular pentecostal Christian is already condemned. No, you love them, pray for them and share the Gospel in the most friendly way if you are truly out to save.
Note that this isn't a relief for sin to dwell in your life.

3. They are superstitious to the core: No long words needed. Infact a certain Pentecostal church subtly but potently makes its members believe that their next neighbor is a witch, out to destroy them. A gecko on the wall is your mother-in-law, who has come to devour your womb. This is not good for a child of God. Where then lies the power of Christ in You?

4. Unlike the Berean Christians,they never go back to know the compatibility of a directive with what the Bible says: People who believe Christians are brainwashed are only unfortunate to meet these set of people. What a man of God says is supreme and should not be objected. Weird things going on in the Body of Christ are 99.9%ly done by Pentecostal church leaders.

5. They are hostile, if you are very observant: Because they are intolerant, they can't but express their disgust for sinners. It even goes as far as not employing members of other faith due to religious differences. Was your Lord Jesus Christ like that?

In all, let's hold on to our salvation. It doesn't matter who you are. If you are not careful, you'll lose it.

A Christian is charged to spread the Gospel and live a holy life. May the Lord help us all even as we endure to the end against all odds and against all deviating philosophies of man, in Jesus name amen.
Re: What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Jun 19, 2021
Authority1o1:

In all, let's hold on to our salvation. It doesn't matter who you are. If you are not careful, you'll lose it.

A Christian is charged to spread the Gospel and live a holy life. May the Lord help us all even as we endure to the end against all odds and against all deviating philosophies of man, in Jesus name amen.
What do you mean by Salvation? undecided
Re: What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by Authority1o1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What do you mean by Salvation? undecided

Okay...

As you know, I rarely quote.

But salvation is the new life that comes with the acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, and the joy that follows thereof.

Wait, shouldn't a more pressing question be why most atheists and agnostics are found in the Religion section?
Are they just unsure of their stand, or are they dissatisfied? Or maybe, they are on a conversion spree.

If I were one, I wouldn't mind much trying to talk sense into those who worship a god they can't see. After all, when they die, it will all be clear to them. But why such exertion of energy two-four-seven?

An answer please.

Kobojunkie:

1. Salvation from what though? undecided

2. The question about atheists and the unbelievers is meaningless to me since there are no locks on the door that bars them from entering and last I checked, we are still in the open World wide web. undecided

1. Time is against me now. If I had enough to spare, I would have run through your posts for this week. I may be lucky to find a thousand and one persons who had given you the same answer I would have given now. So why do you think mine will be different? If you don't think you have the need to be saved, so be it brother.

2. I almost always curse myself each time I remember I haven't devoted much time in reaching out to people and carrying out the Great Commission. It is my duty,my call as a Christian to do so.

But whose calling is it to meander from thread to thread in a bid to convert people who are blind to reality? Let them die,and see what useful time they have wasted in serving an illusion called God. Infact,I would be occasionally dragging from a wrap of marijuana and puffing on their cyber accounts.

Atheists still go about in search of what they still don't understand. They are not satisfied. They are eternally unsure.

Hold me by my word. I never mentioned unbelievers.
Re: What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
Authority1o1:

okay...
But salvation is the new life that comes with the acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, and the joy that follows thereof.

Wait, shouldn't a more pressing question be why most atheists and agnostics are found in the Religion section?
Are they just unsure of their stand, or are they dissatisfied? Or maybe, they are on a conversion spree.

If I were one, I wouldn't mind much trying to talk sense into those who worship a god they can't see. After all, when they die, it will all be clear to them. But why such exertion of energy two-four-seven?

An answer please.
1. Salvation from what though? undecided

2. The question about atheists and the unbelievers is meaningless to me since there are no locks on the door that bars them from entering and last I checked, we are still in the open World wide web. undecided
Re: What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by chatinent: 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
All pastors are like this.
Re: What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by Myer(m): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
Authority1o1:

Okay...

An answer please.

1. Time is against me now. If I had enough to spare, I would have run through your posts for this week. I may be lucky to find a thousand and one persons who had given you the same answer I would have given now. So why do you think mine will be different? If you don't think you have the need to be saved, so be it brother.

2. I almost always curse myself each time I remember I haven't devoted much time in reaching out to people and carrying out the Great Commission. It is my duty,my call as a Christian to do so.

But whose calling is it to meander from thread to thread in a bid to convert people who are blind to reality? Let them die,and see what useful time they have wasted in serving an illusion called God. Infact,I would be occasionally dragging from a wrap of marijuana and puffing on their cyber accounts.

Atheists still go about in search of what they still don't understand. They are not satisfied. They are eternally unsure.

Hold me by my word. I never mentioned unbelievers.

You're more confused than the atheists you're attacking.

You opened a thread to attack other believers when you yourself in this single post just epitomized 1, 2 and 5 of what you claimed Pentecostals Christians who you termed "church-goers" are guilty of.

I would ask you some salient scriptural questions but you can't even hold your own conversation and thread.
Before you judge others, before you remove the speck in the eyes of others, be sure you've removed the log in yours.
Re: What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by SanctifiedSista(f): 2:48am On Jun 20, 2021
Observation minister
Pursue your own salvation with fear and trembling..be focused and leave people alone
Pray kingdom advancement prayers..what many do is when they win souls to Christ, they stop lifting them up in prayers continually..the bible instructs we do so until Christ be formed in them...please learn to follow up in calls, conversations and prayers
Re: What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by tobechi20(m): 4:31am On Jun 20, 2021
Entitlement mentallity
Re: What I Have Observed In Some Pentecostal Christians by Jokerman(m): 4:52am On Jun 20, 2021
Its like that.

Let's all just praying for God's grace and mercy.

No one is perfect as humans

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Biography; Net Worth, Age And Wife / Curses From Rev 22:18-19. Is It For Catholics Bible Writers/protestants'? / In Whose Name Do You Gather?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.