Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' (50459 Views)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Sowore’s Arrest: 'Buhari’s Govt Behaving Like Abacha’s' / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari's Rule Of Law Comment, Says 'An Advance Warning' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Olubadan1(m): 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
Oga Soyinka you better announce your own millions donation or na grammar we go chop?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by HomorBj(m): 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2020
Covid 19 is WW3, it needs more than State lockdown..Professor,sometimes u need to put books and grammatical fluency apart,here is a life and death situation.Yall would be quick to condemn if these actions aren’t taking on time

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by princeade86(m): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
We will get over it in Jesus Christ name

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Opeyemi4real(m): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nwodosis:
Prof, if you want to how ineffective these your grammars are, disobey the lockdown order and come out!
so senseless
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Angelfrost(m): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2020
johnmartus:
You're not making sense sir. I'm sorry to say. People are die in their number you hide yourself in forest where they said you build your house.

And you are there spewing nonsense.

Dying in which numbers where in Nigeria??!
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Olynkem: 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Covid19 is war. Worse than war...Prof you prefer Nigeria to be the Italy or US of Africa? It won't work for you.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by bigiyaro(m): 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
ideabuilder:
My thoughts sync with the professor.

Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen have killed more than coronavirus. Nobody lockdown anywhere. Because of one common cough and catarrh. Everybody is now panicking and hiding.

something that killed more than 10,000 Italians in less than 2 months, you are calling "common cough n catarrh" you and d old prof are madt.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nwodosis:
Prof, if you want to how ineffective these your grammars are, disobey the lockdown order and come out!
cc: offpoint
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2020
johnmartus:
You're not making sense sir. I'm sorry to say. People are die in their number you hide yourself in forest where they said you build your house.

And you are there spewing nonsense.
Is that a personal attack?? undecided
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by klax(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
So Mr Prof you want buhari to first send the lockdown as a bill to the House of Rep then those confused demons will now take a year to debate it before passing it then the entire population would have be half dead bah

Sir I stop taken you serious when you chose to be among those that sold overrated bad market called Buhari to Nigerians so sir hold your peace with your nonsense constitution crap all we want is safety of human lives. Coro has no respect for constitution.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Zendinho(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
[quote author=Nwodosis post=87933781]Prof, if you want to how ineffective these your grammars are, disobey the lockdown order and come out!

What a gaguantum, collosal and corrosive knockout to the Prof....

Guy you wicked....

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by deltateam: 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
virginboy1:
if you're staying at home with money you're in self isolation, if you're staying at home, broke, you're in quarantine, but if you're staying at home, broke and with trouble wife, you're in total lockdown.

grin

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2020
exemen:
Baba!!!, It will do u good if you find one corner for dat Bush make u hide, if u dear come out with that ur nonsesne English, Ur English go turn Hon. Patric own....
U will think Covid-19 get respect for that your Noble price award u won so.....
cc: offpoint
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by naijaschoolguru(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tomjazzy2:

Most times, when people lack the needed mental prowess to comprehend and articulate a rational response to a public discourse, they resort to making fallacious arguments.
Bros, you can follow suit and disobey the order sir. Den go beat tomorrow comot for ur body, u think say na by big grammar. Dey there dey say atiku and ratioooo grin
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by tayoccu(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Old age has caught up with the prof.
These are desperate times, humanity is fighting for survival, and desperate actions must be taken
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by YoungAncient1: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
But nobody complained when El-Rufai decided to lock us in since last Thursday. In fact, he was commended for being proactive.

Why then all these rantings over what President Buhari has done

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
masterP042:
I won't lie. This lockdown can't even be sustainable for 5 days. We like copying oyibo but can't even do it well.
How can u lock down a place so big without providing social welfare for the people. What about people that survive on daily earnings? The other countries that lock down, provide food, money and other benefits for their people, but mumu leaders will just want to lock people up just like that.
From day 5, people will start running out from their houses, it's better the "audio" corona virus kills them than hunger to kill them.
Buhari had the time and opportunity to just quarantine and isolate just few travellers coming in, but he didn't, now he wants to lockdown over 30million people. Medicine after death

Exactly. A golden opportunity to budget and steal extra budgetary funds.

IT WON'T BE WELL WITH ANYONE WHO EMBEZZLES CORONAVIRUS FUNDS!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by angelawoko(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Why don't we just learn from the mistakes of others. US was busy playing politics with this same virus, today they have a reality they wish they never had to experience (and the number of casualties keeps increasing).

I am in Ogun State. I was not happy with the lockdown but understands that it is necessary to nip this problem at the bud, but our Government believes that scoring cheep political point is more important than our wellbeing.

I wonder which is better, given relief material to people in their home while the lockdown is enforced or allowing them to come for it and risk sending them home with a virus they never had.

To all those who have become emergency lawyers, I hope you know that all these so called leaders that we hail have access to unlimited flow of money and the best medical treatment money provide.

Stay safe.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by edo3(m): 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nwodosis:
So if e come out wetin go happen? Police go flog am??

Something dey worry u shey?
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tomjazzy2:

Most times, when people lack the needed mental prowess to comprehend and articulate a rational response to a public discourse, they resort to making fallacious arguments.
grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Empiree: 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nwodosis:
kids these days, ehen grin See the way u dey talk to you granda cheesy
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Neoteny7:
This redundant prickfessor is up to his usual verbosity again, full of empty words.

The UK and Italy are enforcing lockdowns, no one is questioning it because people know there's no other way to stop the spread.

I guess this wordy prick would rather we all go down in flames because constitution.

Africa and fake Culture!! See disrespect here shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by OGAPARIS: 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nwodosis:
Come are you madt for making me laugh so had that I almost got myself chocked?

NEVER YOU TRY THAT AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Bacteriophobia: 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
Bacteriophobia:
This so called educated elites are still the ones that would cry foul when shit hits d fan. It seems to me that criticising the president is becoming a stimulus reaction for so many. I don’t blame them though. No one actually knows if Buhari is aware that he’s still president. If he is, is he aware that this is his second tenure? Cos the nigga on tv just look like someone who was tapped up from sleep and told:- “hey you’re president, we need you to read this out while we record. But still, the elites are really embarrassing the nation... Wole Soyinka is just another embarrassing elite at this point.
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by JAYUK(m): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2020
I laugh in Afghanistan,he matched with PMB against Jonathan,even after knowing the antecedents of PMB. He should rest his assertion,we are tired of hearing from the so called elites.
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Angelfrost(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
Tocynone:
Too much book and madness

No such thing as too much book... That your brain can't take much learning doesn't make those who can mad... No offense sir!!!
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by blowjohn(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
Soyinka should either proffer solutions or shut the hell up and explain why he formed a cult in his school days and why he doesn't believe in God.
He's talking like CNN staff
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
kabanayol9:
go find one place sit down, this is not d time to speak grammar or prove right or wrong.
cc: Stupidity
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by enemyofprogress: 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nwodosis:
[s]Prof, if you want to how ineffective these your grammars are, disobey the lockdown order and come out[/s]!
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by deebrain(m): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
I have always had my reservations about our President and his average performance, but on this issue of Corona virus and the shut down, HE IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

Though he is coming slow, please, can we relax on always never seeing anything good in whatever he does?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Policemen Killed In Emmanuel Agbadu Akabe, Nasarawa Deputy Governor’s Ambush / 8 Governors Who Have No Business Building Airports / Me And Yes Daddy: Reno Omokri, Peter Obi And Ben Bruce (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.