Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' (50446 Views)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Sowore’s Arrest: 'Buhari’s Govt Behaving Like Abacha’s' / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari's Rule Of Law Comment, Says 'An Advance Warning' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by tayoccu(m): 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
angelawoko:
Why don't we just learn from the mistakes of others. US was busy playing politics with this same virus, today they have a reality they wish they never had to experience (and the number of casualties keeps increasing).

I am in Ogun State. I was not happy with the lockdown but understands that it is necessary to nip this problem at the bud, but our Government believes that scoring cheep political point is more important than our wellbeing.

I wonder which is better, given relief material to people in their home while the lockdown is enforced or allowing them to come for it and risk sending them home with a virus they never had.

To all those who have become imergency lawyers, I hope you know that all these so called leaders that we hail have access to unlimited flow of money and the best medical treatment money provide.

Stay save.
Wise words
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by enemyofprogress: 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
kabanayol9:
[s]go find one place sit down, this is not d time to speak grammar or prove right or wrong[/s].
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 30, 2020
ceejay80s:
Soyika pls shut up!!!!!
He is old enough to be your Grandfather!! Be respectful!!!
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by ALGOBOWI: 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
On this matter, the Nobel laureate needs to be educated and informed. Literariness is one thing and health is another.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
Olayemitemitope:

Common sentence you can't construct.

[b][/b]" People are die in their number"

He is "talking in Nonsense" grin
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
Soyinka has always been a fool, why make stupid comment at this dangerous time undecided
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by sweetkev(m): 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
virginboy1:
if you're staying at home with money you're in self isolation, if you're staying at home, broke, you're in quarantine, but if you're staying at home, broke and with trouble wife, you're in total lockdown.
Bro you funny ooooo grin
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by enemyofprogress: 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
angelawoko:
Why don't we just learn from the mistakes of others. US was busy playing politics with this same virus, today they have a reality they wish they never had to experience (and the number of casualties keeps increasing).

I am in Ogun State. I was not happy with the lockdown but understands that it is necessary to nip this problem at the bud, but our Government believes that scoring cheep political point is more important than our wellbeing.

I wonder which is better, given relief material to people in their home while the lockdown is enforced or allowing them to come for it and risk sending them home with a virus they never had.

To all those who have become imergency lawyers, I hope you know that all these so called leaders that we hail have access to unlimited flow of money and the best medical treatment money provide.

Stay save.
Na so them dey spell emergency abi Covid 19 don dey worry you ni?
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Pacesetter123(m): 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
The major problem we av in dis country is advancement in grammar without a corresponding advancement in science and technology.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by naijaschoolguru(m): 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2020
sammirano:
It is sad that the Nigeria population are legally illiterate. What the president declared yesterday would have essentially triggered a civil war in some advanced nation. The fundamental basis of our independence, sovereignty and the labour of our founding fathers are being taken away while we applaud the intervention, damn the consequences of abandoning the quartine, it's our life, no govt has the right to do what Buhari has done to the people. But, what do I know?
Oga, just disobey the order sir, den go beat grin
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by enemyofprogress: 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Soyinka has always been a fool, why make stupid comment at this dangerous time undecided
he will always be a fool to a village olosho like you who do not and will never understand his grammar
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Tocynone(m): 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

No such thing as too much book... That your brain can't take much learning doesn't make those who can mad... No offense sir!!!
Clap for yourself on this achievement.
Birds of a feather
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Femeto: 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2020
Some people didn't understand Soyinka. He was only telling you Buhari had no power to lock down 3states at the same time without getting approvals from the house of assembly and the state governors.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by 02Kebreal(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
N
O
N
S
E
N
S
E

S
I
R
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
enemyofprogress:
he will always be a fool to a village olosho like you who do not and will never understand his grammar

What a senseless grammar
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2020
ALGOBOWI:
On this matter, the Nobel laureate needs to be educated and informed. Literariness is one thing and health is another.
That is what he meant when he said 'layminds'
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by angelawoko(m): 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Na so them dey spell emergency abi Covid 19 don dey worry you ni?

No mind my phone o. Thanks will correct it.
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
You are "talking in Rubbish" undecided
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by johnmartus(m): 9:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
Look at this thing talking about sentence. Why did you qoute me when you don't understand ?

I'm glad to see you're not letting your education get in the way of your ignorance.
Olayemitemitope:

Common sentence you can't construct.

[b][/b]" People are die in their number"

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by maklelemakukula(m): 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
The WhatsApp Groups Operated by this Pro government Cyber bullies are very read at work, say anything and they will jst give shoot at sight order from one of their Useless groups ad u becom agent of attack.. Zombies Karma will haunt all of u
their modus operandi is laughable to say the least: create a WhatsApp group, add Buhari/APC Media Campaign members to the group, create a topic on nairaland that either exalts or lambasts their employers, aggressively attack the first page of the topic to exalt Buhari so reasonable people's comments don't appear on the first page, then pay a crooked moderator to move the topic to front page

In summary, those rascals sell whatever hope of them having a good government and better life for a 30k/month stipend grin grin
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2020
Meedon:
YA ALLAH BE MERCIFUL

cry
Lol
That imam is smtin else
Been going through his posts on insta
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Miracle1991: 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
I wish iam the president I would have allowed every body to walk the way they want. If they die I will just say rip.
Government is trying it best to see that this virus is track down but some people are asking for legality.
In terms of chrises like this our national security is threatened and when a national security is threatened, the president have the vector power to issue any directives before conveying his request to the national assembly for deliberation.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Osonddu: 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
We Lagosian are happy with our Lockdown
we are not complaining

Baba Soyinka, please na beg we dey beg you
allow us to enjoy our Lockdown in peace

we are happy with it, it for our own good
Government know what is good for us

God bless Buhari
God bless Sanwolu
God bless Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Pacesetter123(m): 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
ecclize:

all they are saying is that due process should be followed in decision making...
make such decisions singlehandedly is dangerous for the well-being of this nations...
infact such decisions show some people are somewhere whispering into is ears. people who are not democratically elected who should have nothing to do wuth decision making what happened to consulting the legislature
Wen various state governors declared inter-states boundaries closure unilaterially,which legislature did dey consult? Or dont dey av state houses of assembly? Which among u complain?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by supernigga(m): 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
ecclize:
truth be told such hurried jurisdiction should be checked...
how did Buhari reached that decision singlehandedly...
someone must have whisper something into is ears
The most sensible comment I have read on the post, it's a shame most people can't comprehend this article. It's only in time of war that the constitution might be suspended. The prof is calling our attention that there might be some illegality in the call for lockdown by the president and this might set precedence for a future illegality in the constitutional exercise of the federal government.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Meedon: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2020
Pa3cia:

Lol
That imam is smtin else
Been going through his posts on insta

The Imam is truly peaceful

May Allah be praised

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Yancy(m): 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
I may not be half the genius he is but like someone said today, the virus knows no law nor system nor logic nor colour. If we have one single shot at taking this virus down then we should. When the fate of humanity lies on a thread then someone is talking about the law. Is the worth the lives of 8 billion people on the planet?
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Miracle1991: 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2020
You can never please Nigerians
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by adenigga(m): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
suzzyboss:
The only mistake Buhari made was not informing us earlier.. Guys imagine 24 hours count down haba .. The panic and stress alone can kill someone

I concured!
Some earlier comments are out of place. Even if we overlook constitutional aspect, what of notice time frame?

God bless Ogun State Governor for lending brainless federal government headed by Maj. Gen. Buhari some common sense plus input of CBN & minister of Finance, to allow Ogun state residents one week notice to prepare & Financial institutions to operate skeletal services respectively.
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by tomdon(m): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
See englaish
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by mozona(m): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
this man get sense, close to govt pass us, educated pass us, travel pass us, so him IQ pass our own (if ur IQ pass soyinka own u no go dey nairaland dey make noise.

so i concur with him.

thank you!
Re: Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' by Onlyonebuhari: 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2020
Mr Man go and sit down. Ask Italy before u say nonsense. Those in those coffins would have preferred to stay at home for year than be in the grave.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu Speaks On 2023 Presidential Ambition, Tells APC Members What To Do / What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds / "The Day It Rained Private Jets In Maiduguri" - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.