Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 (53637 Views)

Mike Adenuga's House In BANANA ISLAND, Lagos (Photo) / Paddy Adenuga: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Mike Adenuga’s Son / Niyi Adenuga Marries Secretly (Mike Adenuga's Son) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Kfed4ril(m): 4:19am On Mar 31, 2020
Designerdollars:
How person go donate 1.5 billion nitori oluun .
Me wey dey feel like king on top 10 million wey I manage gather.
This life is unfair oo undecided

Lol
You never hear the saying
“Where your own stop na where another person own start”
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Felalucky8(m): 4:39am On Mar 31, 2020
TIGRITIS:

Let's assume the total donation is 50 billion. If this is to be shared among 200 million Nigerians, how much do you think will be your share? N250.
And if Otedola is to share his 1.5 billion, how much is your share? N7.5
How much were you expecting? 200k? Lol.
I didn't tell you they should share to all 200m Nigerians, I said each household
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Felalucky8(m): 4:43am On Mar 31, 2020
TIGRITIS:

Let's assume the total donation is 50 billion. If this is to be shared among 200 million Nigerians, how much do you think will be your share? N250.
And if Otedola is to share his 1.5 billion, how much is your share? N7.5
How much were you expecting? 200k? Lol.
Mr calculator, if they are to share to each household how much would each household get not each person?
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by yeyeosoronga: 5:03am On Mar 31, 2020
Citytrend:
When others are saying money to rig election in 2023. Because you can't tell me this man is wealthier than some who donated 200million and 50 million respectively

Hmmm
Adenuga is rich o..
He has a telecom company
He is into oil and gas- Conoil
He has a bank - (I've forgotten the name of his bank)
Key areas where big money is in Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Autotech312(m): 5:43am On Mar 31, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:
All these Donors should share these money to the masses by themselves..

Our leaders are G.O.A.Ts (greatest of all time) when it comes to thieving.. As usual they will embezzle 80% of this money..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by yekparikpa(m): 5:45am On Mar 31, 2020

The guy is really a recluse. Whats funny to me is how he made his daughters head his organizations.
Make the sons go fend for themselves. Lol!
you lie! Both Paddy and Eniola Adenuga are both Executive Directors at Glo/Conoil.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by juniorstar(m): 5:52am On Mar 31, 2020
Mummyfour:
Abeg o mathematicians in the house pardon me ooo. All these donations never reach to share at least 50 to 100k to each house hold in Nigeria. Why are these rich guys donating these monies to government.? Isn't it a waste when you consider the kind of selfish leaders and corrupt individuals that would jejely divert these monies
we have no data base even bvn sef cant be used the poorest of the poor no get acct
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Youngmind112: 6:10am On Mar 31, 2020
Me that I have only 65 naira in my account..... people are donating billions that will not get to me...... and they wanted to lockdown. How do I survive.... well thanks to Adenuga for his kind gesture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by jboycrb(m): 6:50am On Mar 31, 2020
Citytrend:
When others are saying money to rig election in 2023. Because you can't tell me this man is wealthier than some who donated 200million and 50 million respectively

You mean the bullion Van master and dollar sharing master who lives in Dubai ?

One day Naija pple go get sense
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by jboycrb(m): 7:02am On Mar 31, 2020
ImModern:
Who are they donating all this money to??

Is it to Nigerian's or the government??
Because since when I've been seeing all this donations, one naira never enter my account and them dey do lockdown

Send ur acct nbr
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Designerdollars:

Hmmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by EmmySparky(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2020
This is good...but how do the common man benefit from this...I don't have cash with me but I am hearing billions everywhere...
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by jboycrb(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2020
iammo:

So we shoudnt believe deltans again.. ok is Kaduna Nzeogwu , Ifeajuna of the bloody coup an Ibo and is Luaretta Onocha an Ibo woman?

See dis ones fighting over tribe here while Corona Virus dey re-boot from 4G to 5G to attack more.

Make una receive sense oooo
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by TIGRITIS: 7:18am On Mar 31, 2020
Felalucky8:

I didn't tell you they should share to all 200m Nigerians, I said each household
So a household of 10 members is how much? N2500? Note, total donation is even less than 25 billion. So a household of 10 members will be less than N1250. Pls what will they use it for? To buy satchet water? Then the actual purpose of the donation which is to equip centres with facilities will suffer because of less than 1250 for a household of 10 members? That is not governance.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by TIGRITIS: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Felalucky8:

Mr calculator, if they are to share to each household how much would each household get not each person?
Okay, note, the donation is even less than 50 billion. A household of 10 members, how much will be their share. Less than N2500. And the purpose of the donation is to equip centres with facilities. Now, each household has less than 2500 (I wonder what that will be used for), and infected people are not being treated in the isolation centres, what is the achievement? Or you think the govt will just pick 50 billion from nowhere to equip those centres. Pls, try and do small calculations to avoid embarrassing yourself. This some kindergartens will explain clearly.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by shawrygal(f): 7:32am On Mar 31, 2020
saajus:
I love seeing our women in top positions not relegating their destinies to the kitchen or just raising kids. Thank you, Globacom
And he is yet to pay his workers their march salary .
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Mynightmare: 7:35am On Mar 31, 2020
Money that will not get to the masses
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by HRMK: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2020
OWO!EGO!KUDI!MONEY!THE HIGHEST INDIVIDUAL DONATION SO FAR!THIS IS THE MAN THAT CULD BE CALLED #BABAOLOWO AND WHOSE KIDS ARE QUALIFIED TO BE CALLED #OMOBABAOLOWO!ANY OTHER PERSON/S THAT LAY CLAIM TO IT IS A COUNTERFEIT!!
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by loswhite(m): 8:09am On Mar 31, 2020

Come on, adenuga is richer than these politicians. Its not a one-time stealing opportunity. The guy makes money while he's sleeping. That's the good thing about being in business sectors dt always sell.
Don't mind those ppl that usually think that politicians are richer than Dangote and co
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by loswhite(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
Nice! Meanwhile Atiku gave 50million. Monkey man
How mui did buhari give?
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by loswhite(m): 8:12am On Mar 31, 2020
TroubleMaker47:
How much did buhari give?
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by tbtosine(m): 8:26am On Mar 31, 2020
Kenn55:
While money is good, the most important resource in times like this is infrastructure and technology. At some point, you will have the money but you might not be able to buy as countries put restrictions on their export to ensure that they can meet up their local demand. It is already happening now.

A lot of US,UK, Canada and most European companies have retooled and are now producing ventilators, test kits, vaccines and other equipment for their front line workers. This is what they were not doing before because they were importing them from China. But as demand skyrocket and China cannot even meet up demand coupled with the fact they have their own problem, they had to start manufacturing by force.

The question is how could they have retooled and started manufacturing? The answer is because even though they were not manufacturing before now, they had the technical know how and infrastructure to support manufacturing. So while some countries will be trying to import supplies because they don't have the capacity to manufacture, others will produce from within to meet their demand at least till the crisis is over and this is the key to overcome a pandemic like this. Right now, we are relying on money which is not even enough.

I hope that when all this is over, Nigerians will take development seriously because lack of development is dangerous.
Kenn55:
While money is good, the most important resource in times like this is infrastructure and technology. At some point, you will have the money but you might not be able to buy as countries put restrictions on their export to ensure that they can meet up their local demand. It is already happening now.

A lot of US,UK, Canada and most European companies have retooled and are now producing ventilators, test kits, vaccines and other equipment for their front line workers. This is what they were not doing before because they were importing them from China. But as demand skyrocket and China cannot even meet up demand coupled with the fact they have their own problem, they had to start manufacturing by force.

The question is how could they have retooled and started manufacturing? The answer is because even though they were not manufacturing before now, they had the technical know how and infrastructure to support manufacturing. So while some countries will be trying to import supplies because they don't have the capacity to manufacture, others will produce from within to meet their demand at least till the crisis is over and this is the key to overcome a pandemic like this. Right now, we are relying on money which is not even enough.

I hope that when all this is over, Nigerians will take development seriously because lack of development is dangerous.
Kenn55:

Good contirbuton so far that got my attention.
That is exactly what has affected every aspect of life and every sector of this country.
Lack of equipment and lot of ammenities in our university laboratry. What new innovation has any of our scince and technology institution brought to the development of this nation ? You can even imaging this our billionaire donating billions to fight this pandemic invited experts from abroad and most of their materials and equipment use in thier various company are order from abroad. How many of them make use of nigeria product in thie various houses. Including the product they consume on daily basis. How do we develop when we keep on consuming foreign product in our so called society. We value foreign designers more than our fabrics. I only pray for better leader that have a great idea and not self center orianted leader.
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 31, 2020
TroubleMaker47:

That is shame from a who worth ₦513.4 Billion. Even that ₦50m is not acceptable as tithe if he is a christian
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by enemyofprogress: 9:51am On Mar 31, 2020
The guy vex to beat Dangote, Otedola and all others hands down. That's my uncle
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by enemyofprogress: 9:53am On Mar 31, 2020
loswhite:
How much did buhari give?
you dey mind Buhari? Very shameless man wey him no fit donate him salary for the hole of his tenure in office
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by enemyofprogress: 9:58am On Mar 31, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Abeg Elumelu of UBA na Yoruba man?
no he is a Ghanaian
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by pacespot(m): 10:19am On Mar 31, 2020
Instead of donating the money to the government, why don't you give it directly to the affected people in form of cash and material aids? I see all these donations by billionaires as buying their political influence over the government joorh, this is how they consolidate their positions with the government, how many times before they recoup the money from government contracts and other favourable policies.

Adenuga that was sanctioned recently by house of reps committee over an alleged fraud, now this donation will silence the critics henceforth. I just hope people realize that there is a small line separating the government from billionaires in this country.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by chaberry(m): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2020
SEGLIZ:
aa, in as much as this could look good this billionaires don't mean well for the masses but their selfish interest.
why donate to government when you can reach the people directly? good example is what gtb did in Lagos with the isolation centre rather than give the money to government they invested directly.
Thank you, that's what am talking about, they give directly to the government knowing fully well that the government will have a way to recompensate them back

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Bryan88(m): 11:34am On Mar 31, 2020
Designerdollars:
u even see 10millions sef dey complain. undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Mike Adenuga Donates N1.5 Billion To Fight COVID-19 by Bryan88(m): 11:36am On Mar 31, 2020
enemyofprogress:
The guy vex to beat Dangote, Otedola and all others hands down. That's my uncle
how can your name b enemy of progress and mike adenuga na your uncle? guy u can lie o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bill Gates Took Getaways With Ann Winblad After Marriage To Melinda / First Bank Apologises About Lagos Trekking Tweet Today (Screenshots) / Biola Okoya Visits Her Son's Graveyard To Mark His 1st Death Anniversary (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.