Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) (58859 Views)

I Just Killed Green Snake In My Office / Green Snake Under The Green Grass / Green Snake In My House Pls Help!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by castiello(m): 12:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:
I went to the site where they are building house for me to supervise them around 6pm today. As I was trying to lean on the wall, this snake popped up from the hollow block. It is using the hole in the block as its dwelling place.

Thank God it didn't harm any body.

Please what is the name of this snake?

It’s a boomslang not a mamba Nigeria don’t have mamba we have boomslangs and non venomous green snakes but this boomsland is venomous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Heffalump(m): 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:
I went to the site where they are building house for me to supervise them around 6pm today. As I was trying to lean on the wall, this snake popped up from the hollow block. It is using the hole in the block as its dwelling place.

It is called "àkà tachi mèmè". It's usually non poisonous
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Victorclean1: 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Green MAMBA. Very VENEMOUS
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Sirnioking(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Its a Dendroaspis jamesoni! Green mambas has yellow net like tails
thorpido:
Op,it is called a Garten or garden snake.
That is not a mamba.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by CaseSensitive(m): 12:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
qualityGod:
Green mamba

Not every green snake is a green mamba, this is not one

1 Like

Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Kylekent59: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:

The snake non venomous. It does kill.

How did I know?

It is very simple. The only and main way to identify a venomous snake from non venomous snake is by looking on the tail side of the snake.

After a triangular shape facing downwards closer to its tail, look at the belly.

Then after that rectangular shape on its belly, check if the linings are broken or not broken.

If it is broken, then it is non venomous

If it is not broke, then it is venomous.

Also be careful, some non broken line, then broken line, which means it is venomous.

Therefore, the snake you killed is venomous( it does have venom)

It is poisonous ( it cannot be eaten)

Triangular headed snakes are also venomous. That's another way to identifying a venomous from non venomous, but it's not accurate. E.g Black mamba, water maicuson, cotton mouth, Coral snake etc, are all venomous but not triangular headed snakes.

Pics attached below.

That's a Green snake( garden)!!!!

It has a broken linings running vertically downwards to its tail.

Therefore, from the pics I sent, it is non venomous.

1 Like

Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by ghettochild(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:

Seriously. The head touched my hand when it was coming out, but it didn't bite me.
In that hole it won't be able to raise it head to strike n it prolly just tot ur hand was a random object so it was tryna leave the hole, guess u were blocking d ray of light
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Victorclean1: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
GREEN MAMBA SIMPLY. AFRICAN BOOMSLANG HAS LOTS OF BLACK SPOTS

Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by thorpido(m): 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
castiello:

Are you kidding me that’s a bumslang
I think I want to agree with you after looking at the picture again.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by sisisioge: 1:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
Haaa! It is well o.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by PlayerMeji: 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2020
Baba, he no be..

Once with lightning speed, Yes
Repeated bites with light speed (4x per second) : No

The fangs with which they bite is very fragile so snakes really need to need to bite that thing before they bite so the projection that a snake can bite 4x a second is to the snake's disadvantage.

Semaj77:

Actually the black mamba can strike up to 4 times in a single second
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by thorpido(m): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
destinie2019:

Garter.
They are also called 'Garden'.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:

Seriously. The head touched my hand when it was coming out, but it didn't bite me.

The poor snake touched ur hand bt didn’t bite u then u killed it? Good job!! U are smart. Never trust a snake. Lol
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Ouchbabe(f): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
spartan117:

Are you sure? Not every green snake is a green mamba.

Op kindly post pictures of the head.
No vex pls. What does OP stand for? I have been seeing it without knowing the full meaning
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by EgusiShankly: 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
qualityGod:
Green mamba
boomslang, sorry tongue
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Brian47(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
Holy hell!
Its long
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by karashita: 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
SweetCunt97:
It's the proverbial green snake hiding under d green grass.

grin grin
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by olaBanks(m): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:

The snake is called 'Paramole'. It has no English name. That specie of snake is Nigerian.

Also, remember to watch your hands very well with water and running
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by edunaragold(f): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
U just kill the most second deadly snake in the world after the black mamba ,just one bite will send u to grave in 15mins after much hemrage
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by olaBanks(m): 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:

The snake is called 'Paramole'. It has no English name. That specie of snake is Nigerian.

NB: Remember to watch your hands very well with running water and soap. This is because COVID 19 is Zoonotic. I am doing this so you won't blame village people for what they didn't do.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Slimmy0: 1:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:

Stop posting snakes, eat it or do something. So what do you want us to do?
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by PlayerMeji: 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
You see one of the things that pisses me off is this issue on ground.

How will you want people to correctly identify a species by taking one bloody photo without taking the distinctive features of the species, close body shot, face, scale etc

Someone would just take one picture from far and he will be running down to Nairaland to help him identify the object.

Semaj77:

Revel in your ignorance brother

olaBanks:

NB: Remember to watch your hands very well with running water and soap. This is because COVID 19 is Zoonotic. I am doing this so you won't blame village people for what they didn't do.

castiello:

It’s a boomslang not a mamba Nigeria don’t have mamba we have boomslangs and non venomous green snakes but this boomsland is venomous
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Pearl05(f): 1:34pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:
I am afraid of the whole site self

Later now you will be forming strong man. Just a little long rope that wanted to play ten ten with you and you are shaking.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
qualityGod:
Green mamba
I might have to check the head, but I am sure that is not a green mamba.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
thorpido:
Op,it is called a Garten or garden snake.
That is not a mamba.
Let me teach you something grin garten is the German word for garden (kindergarten= children's garden). No mind me o, I just reason am say make I enlighten people a bit. At least I've also learnt from you now.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Dpharisee: 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
Garter or Garden snake, not poisonous and generally harmless, it helps to keep the population of rats and pests in check. In some places farmers introduce them to keep rats at bay. At most their bite can cause itching, redness or minor swelling and should be washed very well.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by sizer07: 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
Weeere ni... you killed a non venomous snake, its harmless all green snakes are most, that's why it did not strike even when invaded in its hiding abode. Cuz it had the opportunity too when it brushes ur hand. Next time allowed it to go dont be a lalastica WUHAN that kill every that moves.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Ademine1(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
The snake is not venomous though
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by sonnie10: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
While people are scratching for money to buy food towards the lockdown, you are still building. You are one strong man! Respect.
Re: The Long, Green Snake I Killed In My Site (Photos) by Ooluwatobi95: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Masterdeking:
Is it dangerous?
Thank Ur Creator That You're To Beat It,else You're Done.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Giant Sea Turtle Was Caught In Imo River (Pictures) / Unfulfilled Dreams Of Jessica Elvis, Late Nigerian Prostitutes' President / Heartbroken Monkey Cries After Her Child Collapsed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.