Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) (78977 Views)

Total Ban On Okada In Lagos Takes Effect In Two Months - Sanwo-Olu / EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video) / Images Of Ipob Sit Down Order In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by akelicious(m): 4:53am On Mar 31, 2020
As part of plans to effectively lock down the Lagos metropolis, the police have blocked the inbound and outbound sections of the Lagos-Ibadan express way.

This move follows the recent order by President Muhammadu Buhari, in line with local and global best practices for curbing the spread of COVID-19.

In his nationwide broadcast on Sunday, President Buhari ordered that a total lock down be observed in two states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in a bid to combat the virus.

The President said directed the cessation of all movements in Lagos and the FCT for an initial period of 14 days with effect from 11pm on Monday, 30th March 2020.

Based on the advice of the Federal Ministry of Health and the NCDC, the President also extended the restriction to Ogun State due to its close proximity to Lagos and the high traffic between the two States.

In line with the President’s order, security operatives have taken to the streets to ensure that the curfew is obeyed.

It is hoped that the containment period would be used to identify, trace and isolate all individuals that have come into contact with confirmed cases.

Below are some photos from the police exercise.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2020/03/31/photos-police-block-lagos-ibadan-expressway-as-lock-down-order-takes-effect/amp/

7 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by valarmorghulis: 4:56am On Mar 31, 2020
Trust my people, very stubborn, them go travel

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Olunmercy56(f): 5:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Some people will still use another routine undecided Some people are deaf lipsrsealed

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by GboyegaD(m): 5:10am On Mar 31, 2020
I guess that is the only way they can ensure the restriction holds in our case. I hope they will allow essential workers drive by though.

19 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Drakkernoir: 5:25am On Mar 31, 2020
This one can't deter these stubborn nigerians nah......all they know how to do is apportion blame...

Simply instruction....they will not hear
Heard they impounded like 22 cars of club goers in ibadan?

Like i mean....is "stay at home" to hard to comprehend?

2mao now....they will shouting upandown....not my portion..not my portion

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Inkling(f): 5:32am On Mar 31, 2020
Many don't listen to news

They should scree them and let them enter with strict warning not to come back again

3 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by sweettease(f): 5:47am On Mar 31, 2020
Good! If they keep this up and do it well, what happened to New Jersey and a couple others through New York might not happen to Ogun state and a couple other states in Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by helinues: 5:48am On Mar 31, 2020
But Ogun said they have suspended the lock down till Friday.

They should block the entrance point from Lagos to Abeokuta and Ibadan to Abeokuta..

And allow Ogun to make use of the few days left

10 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Baawaa(m): 6:27am On Mar 31, 2020
I trust Nigerian police,time to make money

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by hedonister: 7:18am On Mar 31, 2020
They are doing the work of God.

Here in Lagos, some laces are semi deserted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVBnpyB__iE

2 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by srclark: 7:33am On Mar 31, 2020
i think they should only ban commercial operations ,they are just closing down and putting curfews without making any provisions for the citizens ,imagine a student that schools in lagos trying to get back to his or her family will you deny such persons that right .I personally think it is hunger that will kill alot of people not the corona virus rada rada

16 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by iammo(m): 7:43am On Mar 31, 2020
cool

Soldiers are now on the street of Ibadan enforcing the partial lock down and curfew

do any how see anyhow sambisa forest soldiers, even sturborn Ibos at Iwo Road ironically disappeared

5 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Toosure70: 7:54am On Mar 31, 2020
they will soon results to collection of 1000 naira to open the blockage.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by sammyj: 7:57am On Mar 31, 2020
Hmmm. Good but people should not be exploited by the police because of the lockdown
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by rookidmart: 8:22am On Mar 31, 2020
Nawa.
And I want travel go Ogun State today
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by infini771: 8:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Fredlongs(m): 8:24am On Mar 31, 2020
And it has began
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Tunex252(m): 8:24am On Mar 31, 2020
People will take another routines
Abi no be Nigerians
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by dayleke: 8:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Wahala dey o
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by DModeCntStopMe: 8:25am On Mar 31, 2020
shocked

Is something like this you will see our police active

They like flexing their muscles on the helpless civilians

3 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by wonuks(m): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2020
shocked
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by dynicks(m): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2020
For this serious meeting wey I wan attend?..Now wey the much needed contract is about to get signed!

They ain't serious!!... Air mood activated!...

They ain't stopping my shine!!

13 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2020
Anything to avoid the spread is very important, so that we can get out of this challenge as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Mycoin(m): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2020
Mehn this is getting scarier than all the horror movies I have ever watched combined
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by VillagePipu: 8:26am On Mar 31, 2020
srclark:
i think they should only ban commercial operations ,they are just closing down and putting curfews without making any provisions for the citizens ,imagine a student that schools in lagos trying to get back to his or her family will you deny such persons that right .I personally think it is hunger that will kill alot of people not the corona virus rada rada

Bro, are you keeping malice with paragraphing and punctuations?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by Fikayoige(m): 8:26am On Mar 31, 2020
I pray they didnt allow people to pass after giving them 50naira riba!
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by seunfly: 8:26am On Mar 31, 2020
Ok
Re: Police Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Lock Down Order Takes Effect (photos) by DisGuy: 8:26am On Mar 31, 2020
This is a good opportunity for julius berger, they can speed up the reconstruction and maintenance

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Releases Pix Of Armoured Tanks, Operation Vehicles Captured From Army / Security Men Guarding Fayose Leaving Ekiti Government House (Photos) / Wike Declares Farah Dagogo Wanted, He Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.