Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,172 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety (59940 Views)

How I Slept With My Landlord During Coronavirus Lockdown - Repentant Wife Confes / Man Fakes Death, Travels To His Village In Ambulance During Coronavirus Lockdown / FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by todugo(m): 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2020
Now that they are at home they are REALLY letting out their creative evil schemes out grin grin
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by majamajic(m): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
Coronavirus scam is paying big
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by ednut1(m): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
SalesConsultant:
They called my wife last week.... the shocking part is they called her full name.

First Bank customers data base has been compromised.

this is serious
true caller likely has her name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Ca4real: 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
SalesConsultant:
They called my wife last week.... the shocking part is they called her full name.

this is serious

It's an insider job. Criminal's on suit.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by ipobarethieves: 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
I work in a bank too.These pipu got ur either tru truecaller/where u registered ur sim.U dnt need to play any pranks with them.Once u hear hello,nla nla nla.Dnt wait,curse them with ogun.EOD
msbyao:
I think there is a database that has been compromised. Not necessarily that of the bank.
I work in a bank and I got a similar call. The person had my full name and my full date of birth.
I played along and he asked for "the nos on my ATM card" and that I was going to get a code to take to the bank on Monday.
Now, if this person had full info from my bank, he would have known I had a Staff Account and not a regular account.

My advise is never expect your bank to call you from a GSM no. And NEVER EVER give out ANY Code sent to your phone no to anyone.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by ipobarethieves: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
Fear people that Do Mtn registration/truecaller
Lostz:
I think someone working there always sell customers details to scammers.

I stopped banking with them 4yrs ago
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Oshlander: 1:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
I think FirstBank has a mole in its systems. Na so one called me yesterday and mentioned my first name, that he was calling me from FirstBank, and I asked which FirstBank. He just dropped the call on me.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Ca4real: 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Goswill1208:
I just flashed him now ��

Hahahahaa. They will never pick.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by ProtectMyMoney: 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
SalesConsultant:

this is serious

I am not surprised...Ecobank letter head was used to sell roasted corn to me by those road side sellers

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by eboniest(f): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
I woke up today to find my account debited of the last 5k I have by only God knows who cry.Am still in shock till now.My bank customer care line is not helping matters too.No response and I can't go to the bank now because of this stay at home thing.Don't know what to do.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Winneygirl(f): 1:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Truecaller reveals IDs very easily as well as many other platforms.
Your bank details aren't compromised till you compromise them.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by nnamdiosu(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
Iyiataata92:
move it to front page so Nairalanders will flash the hell out of that number

You just gave me an idea now...everyone flash the phone till the battery runs down. I think thats a very good way to deal with scammers. Lol
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by genius43(m): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2020
That is how one called me claiming to be from my bank, called my name and date of birth now started asking me about if I did my BVN myself or if someone filled it for me, I then asked him which branch he is calling from, then he said Head office, I now told the so called Mr Williams to ask Fidelity to call me with their official number and he started calling me a brat and if the number I am using is an official number or if I registered it myself, I then called him an Idiot and I told him EFCC is unto this number and he immediately terminated the call.

The idiots phone number is 07038527229

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by ProtectMyMoney: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2020
eboniest:
I woke up today to find my account debited of the last 5k I have by only God knows who cry.Am still in shock till now.My bank customer care line is not helping matters too.No response and I can't go to the bank now because of this stay at home thing.Don't know what to do.

Go to the bank. They are offering light financial services, or contact them online.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Mires: 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
Ijeleigbo:
Thank you for this expose @Poster! What do you expect? Internet fraudsters are sharpening their skills as the day goes by. The use current events to defraud innocent citizens....
The most alarming of the issue is that gone are the days Nigerian Yahoo Boys only target Americans and Europeans! Now they have taken Local Fraud to the highest level and don't mind duping their own brothers and sisters....
There are so many formats that will need to expose here so Nigerians will know major of their tricks but the Admin should always help us push it to front page not only Covid-19 stories!!!

God bless you Mr poster! You have saved millions of lives from this grand scam!! To all internet Fraudsters, if you don't turn a new leaf, you will be utterly shamed and disgraced. All you have acquired by fraud you will loose them quickly by the twinkle of an eye.....

Amen. Like the ones in my hood who don't allow residents to sleep at night. Using their ill gotten wealth to disturb everyone with the sound of their generating set.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 31, 2020
definitely originated from southwest region.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Stillthebest: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
kiss

They called me about a week ago. He called by my three names, mentioned my date of birth, asked me why I haven't gone to collect my new Atm since the one i had expired. Asked me to give him the last four digits on the expired card.

I said ok hold on.... I was busy looking for my card while I kept wasting the niggar's call cards. He kept saying "hurry up" while I kept saying "hold on I'm still looking for it".

We did that for about 6 minutes... I later told him " Alaye call me back and allow me find the card, but then before then, you would have been arrested because I am your boss, I had been routing your calls to get your GPS for you to be arrested" before I finished the statement, na so I hear Tom Tom Tom... He don japa!

First bank data base is compromised

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by jahlove4jah: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2020
slimanyd:
Op ,ure right . Bank officials are now real Vip scammers. Reason why i know is that i toom one old woman to access bank to open an account for her ,someone close to 70years old. His daughter who travelled abroad pleaded i help her . Lo and behold, on getting to the bank , We registered and filled all informations, And after a week, This old woman started receiving calls and sms from scammers. Something that never happened to her since she's been using a phone. It was at that point i knew those bank official are Thieves and scammers . They have a hand in any financial scam that took place as regards any customer account. Reason why i implore the guy whose account suddenly got debited with 400k plus to take it up with those bank officials where he got his atm and account.
You are right. There are few bad eggs in the banking sector feeding this fraudsters with first class information.

We need to be at alert.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Lumig: 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2020
SalesConsultant:

this is serious
... Not only FirstBank, also STANBICIBTC. The person that called me, spelt out my na and my date of birth.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by kokomilala(m): 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2020
Corporate Nigeria was compromised years ago. It's now the rule of bankers ,not the rule of law.Tragically, Emefile treats them with kid gloves or turns a blind eye.
When POS or ATM transactions fail, the CBN ,which is almost worse than useless doesn't intervene and the banks get away with murder.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Semizzy08(m): 1:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
HOW TO SEND FREE BULK SMS

Create A Free BulkSMS Account www.HugeSms4u.com(Registration Is Free).

Then, Login To Your Newly Created BulkSMS Account With Your Username And Password.

Make Use Of The Free SMS Units In Your Newly Created Account To Test The Reliability Of Our BulkSMS Portal By Sending A Text Massage To Your Friend Or To One Of Your Phone Number.

Once You Are Satisfied With The Practical Test Run (Texting The Massage) Using The Free SMS Units Given To You, The Next Thing Is To Buy More SMS Units In Volume, Depending On The Quantity Of Your Choice.

Check Our SMS Pricing www.HugeSms4u.com/rate.

After You Have Purchase And Your BulkSMS Account Is Credited, The Next Thing Is To Log On To Your Account With Your Login Details. Click On “Send SMS”.

Enter The Sender I.D Of Your Choice And The Recipient’s Phone Number(s) At The Provided Spaces. The Next Thing Is To Compose The Text Massage You Want To Send To Your Recipient(s).

The Final Step Is To Click On The “SEND” And Your Massage Will Be Delivered To All Your Recipients Instantly.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Studio247: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
I also received a call from one Man
Who claimed is was calling from wema bank
That they are upgrading accounts
And they need some informations from me so they could carry on with the process
I started suspected the man who he asked for my ATM card and the 3 numbers behind it.
Immediately I told him will talk to my account officer
And get back to him
And I never called.

This guys are smart at this game
I fear so many people may fall victim cos they talk like professionals

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by KingMD: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
No be only coronavirus money

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
Na who get money for bank go dey worry!!!
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
just like the way that bank staff in abuja led armed robbers to rob the bank where he works. Most of this scam are done with the Cooperation some bank staff

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Eoe54: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
same with this numbers 0903 327 4830, 0906 945 7638 beware. they are scammers
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Ijeleigbo(m): 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
Mires:

Amen. Like the ones in my hood who don't allow residents to sleep at night. Using their ill gotten wealth to disturb everyone with the sound of their generating set.

Fate will soon catch up with them and when that time comes, they will start shouting "It's the devil's work" "It's lack of job"

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Chukwuemeka007(m): 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
True caller app might be used to get full names but for date of birth and stuffs like you just opened a new acct with us, I think the BVN database has been compromised.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by otajipopo: 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
I was about posting this too. God bless you @OP. They called my Mother In-law and our driver all within the last 12 hours. From their inquisitions and assertions, they definitely are insiders, the data rolled out were too precise and accurate. Thank God I was around to coronate their parade. Also our driver banks with GTB and my In-law with First Bank. Stay all round safe people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Who Killed Family Featured In New Obituary As They Are Set To Be Buried.PIC / Cross-Dresser Beaten By Area Boys In Ijeshatedo Surulere (Video) / The Lady Who Killed Her Co-tenant's Son In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.