Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,435 members, 7,823,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety (59930 Views)

How I Slept With My Landlord During Coronavirus Lockdown - Repentant Wife Confes / Man Fakes Death, Travels To His Village In Ambulance During Coronavirus Lockdown / FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by anslemarinze52(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
seedorfg:
Shine your eye o

One was even telling on Facebook to give him #500 that he would help me with the federal government money.
I was like who send money to collect money, or am I so desperately foolish to believe him.
Rara ko Jo, my brain dey work 24/7 .
That how they are

I remember mine..the guy said he's from binomo investment which doubles what u invest....
He said I should pay 20k to one so so account in the next 10mins I'll get 60k.
I said okay no problem just help me pay the 20k when u guys pay me back 60k I'll dash u 40k, the guy blocked me instantly.
I laffed my ass who'll fall for this cheap scam

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by sunshineV(f): 3:12pm On Mar 31, 2020
+2348135532938

This number just called my mum by her real name asking her of her card details too
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Merciful77: 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
Thanks sir for d update
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2020
Iyiataata92:
move it to front page so Nairalanders will flash the hell out of that number
Don't you think hes here reading your comment?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by genius43(m): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

They called me about a week ago. He called by my three names, mentioned my date of birth, asked me why I haven't gone to collect my new Atm since the one i had expired. Asked me to give him the last four digits on the expired card.

I said ok hold on.... I was busy looking for my card while I kept wasting the niggar's call cards. He kept saying "hurry up" while I kept saying "hold on I'm still looking for it".

We did that for about 6 minutes... I later told him " Alaye call me back and allow me find the card, but then before then, you would have been arrested because I am your boss, I had been routing your calls to get your GPS for you to be arrested" before I finished the statement, na so I hear Tom Tom Tom... He don japa!

First bank data base is compromised

I think it is all banks. They have mules selling them data.

It is because Nigerians haven't started suing all this deposit banks.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Vega100: 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2020
blinking001:
And you people still think that our darling president is what's wrong with Nigeria. The populace is just too corrupt. Indeed the times are getting scarier by the day.
it's good to see Nigerians are becoming more reasonable.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by mechanics(m): 3:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
You are right, it's only the greedy ones that will fall for their antics.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by RapistOnBail: 3:39pm On Mar 31, 2020
allytinted:

Another question:
Does truecaller reveal BVN also?
No it doesn't. When I call you on phone by you full name, you'd think it's from the bank, you then vomit your BVN like a bad habit. I use it and wire your peanut from your account.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by olaeffect(m): 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2020
Whiziddo:
All those Dropping there Account details on Social Media .. A scammer can easily pick your Full name. Also know you Date of birth and Your phone number.. With the above information he can convince people to fall for there Cheap Scams.

Be guided. Stay Safe. Stay Strong.

Thank you ooo.
Every small thing they will be saying inside job, while most people give out their details freely online and even forward fishing messages to their friends and loved ones, under the guise that they are going to get one free stuff or the other.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by singlesolution: 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
@Onyeobode thank you for sharing, however on "(1) He called my wife by her correct names (Suggesting insider job)" an insider job will not need call her on phone trust me, my submission would have been to engage the said caller get more information rather than harass them off the line, remember he called you with his airtime so take your time discuss him out of airtime. My humble submission. Staysafe

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by MDBrand: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
sunshineV:
+2348135532938

This number just called my mum by her real name asking her of her card details too

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by sunshineV(f): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2020
MDBrand:

Na wa
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by saintchibu(m): 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
blinking001:
And you people still think that our darling president is what's wrong with Nigeria. The populace is just too corrupt. Indeed the times are getting scarier by the day.
Muhhammadu Buhari and all the leaders we have in this country are our problem.
Our problem is like having a dirty towel (Our Leaders) and a dirty water (Nigerians) to wash the towel.
And in any N5 billion scam you see from a politician, there's a civil servant who benefited and compromised .
Tankiu
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Correcto: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Same happened to me. I kept wondering how the guy knew my real names.
OnyeObodo:
Hello Nigerians,

I want to use this opportunity to warn you about the new ongoing corona BVN and ATM scam. Please be aware that even though BVN and ATM scam are not entirely new, what I find disturbing about this format is that thy are using the Corona pandemic to scare people. Another disturbing thing is that they called my wife by her name. They are also leveraging on the stay at home order to scare people the more. This implies this is a high level powered scam.

This fraudster and scammer 08106579538 called my wife and this conversation ensued;

Scammmer: Hello, am I talking to Mrs Nkechi Fashola

Wife: Yes

Scammer: Am calling you on the directive of First Bank. The federal government is about to implement a nationwide lock-down and am calling to setup online banking for you.

Wifey: I am not interested. I already have online banking

Scammer: If you don't upgrade too, you will not benefit from the corona virus loans being disbursed very soon (This is where I cut in)

Me: Young man, you are speaking with inspector Kolade of FSARS apapa LION zone

Scammer: (Drops call)

Why I decided to share this even though its an old format is because of two things;

(1) He called my wife by her correct names (Suggesting insider job)

(2) They now leverage on the corona virus pandemic sit at home order! Due to the hunger in the land and the uncertainty of Nigerian government in helping people through this trying times, people may become desperate and give in their personal information. Awareness needs to be crated before people will jump from frying pan to fire.

Believe me when I tell you that the person that called was so professional, precise and apt. This particular scammer knows his onions. They have taken it to a whole new level.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by FLYFIRE(m): 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
kingvick09:

ARE YOU REALLY A SARS OFFICER
You guys should PLEASE STOP asking OP this question.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Victornezzar: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
SalesConsultant:
They called my wife last week.... the shocking part is they called her full name.

First Bank customers data base has been compromised.

this is serious
True caller

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Elektra008(f): 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
slimanyd:
Op ,ure right . Bank officials are now real Vip scammers. Reason why i know is that i toom one old woman to access bank to open an account for her ,someone close to 70years old. His daughter who travelled abroad pleaded i help her . Lo and behold, on getting to the bank , We registered and filled all informations, And after a week, This old woman started receiving calls and sms from scammers. Something that never happened to her since she's been using a phone. It was at that point i knew those bank official are Thieves and scammers . They have a hand in any financial scam that took place as regards any customer account. Reason why i implore the guy whose account suddenly got debited with 400k plus to take it up with those bank officials where he got his atm and account.

Unfortunately the problem is not with the bank. I work in a bank too and funnily enough we also get this calls. This situation is the downside of BVN enrollment. Once you are enrolled, the data captured is not secure, it seems anyone can access the info on it but they still cannot defraud you unless you give them the information they ask you once they call you.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Eroms4life17(m): 4:18pm On Mar 31, 2020
Late last year, one called me before 7 am and you know the funny thing, he called me by my local name and started speaking my dialect. He claimed to be a relation from my father side and mentioned his family name. He said he's working for a telecommunications company based in Minna and that they are giving contracts to people who will supply communication masts. He said since he heard I was in Lagos, that I may be interested. He asked me to call back. Immediately called two of my uncles and my dad and they all denied his existence. So it became clear that he was one of those guys.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 31, 2020
OnyeObodo:
Hello Nigerians,

I want to use this opportunity to warn you about the new ongoing corona BVN and ATM scam. Please be aware that even though BVN and ATM scam are not entirely new, what I find disturbing about this format is that thy are using the Corona pandemic to scare people. Another disturbing thing is that they called my wife by her name. They are also leveraging on the stay at home order to scare people the more. This implies this is a high level powered scam.

This fraudster and scammer 08106579538 called my wife and this conversation ensued;

Scammmer: Hello, am I talking to Mrs Nkechi Fashola

Wife: Yes

Scammer: Am calling you on the directive of First Bank. The federal government is about to implement a nationwide lock-down and am calling to setup online banking for you.

Wifey: I am not interested. I already have online banking

Scammer: If you don't upgrade too, you will not benefit from the corona virus loans being disbursed very soon (This is where I cut in)

Me: Young man, you are speaking with inspector Kolade of FSARS apapa LION zone

Scammer: (Drops call)

Why I decided to share this even though its an old format is because of two things;

(1) He called my wife by her correct names (Suggesting insider job)

(2) They now leverage on the corona virus pandemic sit at home order! Due to the hunger in the land and the uncertainty of Nigerian government in helping people through this trying times, people may become desperate and give in their personal information. Awareness needs to be crated before people will jump from frying pan to fire.

Believe me when I tell you that the person that called was so professional, precise and apt. This particular scammer knows his onions. They have taken it to a whole new level.

It could also be Truecaller
Not necessarily the bank being compromised
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by dangoteinlaw: 4:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
Lol boiz must hustle no more play play
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by just2endowed: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
slimanyd:
Op ,ure right . Bank officials are now real Vip scammers. Reason why i know is that i toom one old woman to access bank to open an account for her ,someone close to 70years old. His daughter who travelled abroad pleaded i help her . Lo and behold, on getting to the bank , We registered and filled all informations, And after a week, This old woman started receiving calls and sms from scammers. Something that never happened to her since she's been using a phone. It was at that point i knew those bank official are Thieves and scammers . They have a hand in any financial scam that took place as regards any customer account. Reason why i implore the guy whose account suddenly got debited with 400k plus to take it up with those bank officials where he got his atm and account.

Thanks for the tips.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by just2endowed: 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2020
Elektra008:

Unfortunately the problem is not with the bank. I work in a bank too and funnily enough we also get this calls. This situation is the downside of BVN enrollment. Once you are enrolled, the data captured is not secure, it seems anyone can access the info on it but they still cannot defraud you unless you give them the information they ask you once they call you.

Its OK to defend the banks or bank staffs because you work there. There have been many efcc cases that implicate many bank staff working with yahoo Boys. Don't worry we have copied efcc and cbn with the case.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Brunicekid(m): 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Very true... Thanks for this Anti-419 INFO!!!
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nigeriapen(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2020
FG Says We've Started Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households Due To Coronavirus Lockdown

WATCH Video Below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9Sgbf7r_I
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by blinking001(m): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
saintchibu:

Muhhammadu Buhari and all the leaders we have in this country are our problem.
Our problem is like having a dirty towel (Our Leaders) and a dirty water (Nigerians) to wash the towel.
And in any N5 billion scam you see from a politician, there's a civil servant who benefited and compromised .
Tankiu
Our darling president isn't part of the problem but the populace generally. I agree with most of your assertions though.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2020
Effects of bad governance...
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Onyekachi419(f): 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
Warmaterial:
Onyekachi 419 meaning onyekachi is a fraudster
grin 419 is a number you need to check your understanding
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Onyekachi419(f): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2020
Moralgladiator:
see this thief here o!

What are you trying to say
I don thief from you before
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by einsteine(m): 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2020
They get your name through True Caller. It's not an inside job
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2020
Onyekachi419:

What are you trying to say
I don thief from you before
Onyekachi 419?
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety by lorhema(f): 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=Studio

This guys are smart at this game
I fear so many people may fall victim cos they talk like professionals [/quote]

Truly.
A man called me last week. He said he was calling from my bank. He stated my full name and said my bank was reviewing my records and found I had two dates of birth recorded which he read out and asked me which one was correct.

I would have responded but for the fact that I learnt on Nairaland that no bank will call to ask for personal details from you.

I told him I didn't give such details over the phone and before I was done speaking, he cut the call.

He sounded very professional, just like a customer care officer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SARS Chases Ambrose Alli University Student, He Falls Inside Well, Dies / Gracious David-West: I Killed 15 Women In 7 States - Port Harcourt Serial Killer / Gunmen Shoot At A Crowd In Anambra, Three Killed (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.