Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Please Help With Information On Cassava Processing? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Help With Information On Cassava Processing? (428 Views)

FG Commissions 450 Metric Tons Cassava Processing Plant In Rivers / How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm / ROI On Cassava Investment Far Better Than Any Other Investment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With Information On Cassava Processing? by Bonn01: 11:01am On Mar 31, 2020
please I want to know how many 50kg bags of garri can be produced from a tonne of cassava, how many 50kg bags of cassava flour (Lafun) can be produced from a tonne of cassava and approximately the weight of cassva stacked into 50kg bag? Thanks in advance
Re: Please Help With Information On Cassava Processing? by Hallams(m): 11:14am On Mar 31, 2020
1 tonne of cassava should give u 5 50kg bags of garri I don't know about the remaining two questions
Re: Please Help With Information On Cassava Processing? by Sheriff19: 7:33pm On Mar 31, 2020
5 bags of garri
Re: Please Help With Information On Cassava Processing? by Ademat7(m): 1:27am On Apr 01, 2020
Nurey
Re: Please Help With Information On Cassava Processing? by nurey(m): 6:36am On Apr 01, 2020
Bonn01:
please I want to know how many 50kg bags of garri can be produced from a tonne of cassava, how many 50kg bags of cassava flour (Lafun) can be produced from a tonne of cassava and approximately the weight of cassva stacked into 50kg bag? Thanks in advance

In real life scenario 2tons of cassava should produce 1ton of garri (1000kg) but not always right, it could be more it could be less due to factors you have control over.

1. Cassava variety
2. Grinding
3. Frying

During the raining season you won't get 1 ton of garri from 2tons cassava because there would be more water than Starch.

For the lafun I can't specify because major processing done in my side is flakes they don't mill it to flour. But if you can get the expected dry weight of cassava (should be available online from project works) you will have the lafun tonnage

Weight stacked in bags is not uniform but the paint rubber is 2.5kg to 2.7kg depending on the size but a standard 50kg flour bag filled to the brim is more than 50kg

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Farm Manager Available For Hire / Strawberry Farming In South-east / Bella Rabbit Business Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.