Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Sociology Careers In Nigeria And (all You Need To Know) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sociology Careers In Nigeria And (all You Need To Know) (284 Views)

Is Sociology A Nice Course To Study In Nigeria? / Graduates Of Sociology, Where Are You Working Now? / Raji Khalid Olatunji, 19-Year-Old UNILORIN First Class Graduand Of Sociology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sociology Careers In Nigeria And (all You Need To Know) by Nglearners(m): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
What is Sociology?
Sociology is derived form the Latin word “Societus” meaning “Society” and from the Greek word logo which means “study or science” , that is sociology is science of society. I can also said that sociology is a science of human relationships.

Who is a sociologist?
a sociologist is a person who graduated from the department of Sociology in the University.

That means sociology is only thought in the university, the techniques or strategies acquired by a sociologist is what we call Social Telesis .

Before I move forward I will like to show you JAMB and WAEC subjects combination for Sociology in Nigeria,

JAMB subject combination for Sociology
Government or History
English
Litrature
CRK
WAEC subject combination for Sociology
Waec subject combination for sociology

am still on the sociology careers in case you have any question base on subject combination for JAMB/WAEC kindly ask ,

Is Sociology a professional course ?
Yes, Sociology is a professional course, after our 100 level in the department of Sociology in Ebonyi state University (EBSU) we started talking about Sociology Careers with many of my course mates like in person of Blessed Sunny , Legendgp and others

And after our discussion we all agree that it is really a professional course, Blessed Sunny really gave us many points that make us to really believed that Sociology is a professional course, we also talked about Reasons to choose a course of study Those things is what you must note before you choose any course in University.

Legendgp said ; sociology unlike other social science courses does not have limitation.
https://nglearners.com/2019/11/15/sociology-careers/

Sociology as a course has no limit, no barrier and no ending point. Sociology focuses on every area of life such as man, his environment, human development, culture, science , politics ,family, sports, religion just to mention a few.

This was written by usulorGodwin, a student of sociology and anthropology in Ebonyi state university.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Here Is The Latest My Attention Is Called On, Try It Out / Earn Money By Doing Task / All Undergraduate Scholarship Past Questions For Nigerian Students Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.