Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,259 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund (492 Views)

Tinubu Has Approved FCT's N1.1trn 2024 Statutory Budget - Wike / FAAC Shares N1.1trn August Revenue Among Federal, State, Local Govts / N1.1trn Anchor Borrowers’ Loan: Tinubu Orders Security Agencies To Recover Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by sinkhole: 7:26am On Apr 01, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has said the COVID-19 pandemic has exposed alleged hypocrisy of this government and the lip-service it pays in delivering healthcare.
The academic Union called on all Nigerians to demand accountability on how the 1.1trillion emergency fund released for the control of coronavirus and demand was spent.
Unless this is done, the union believes we cannot trust those it described as “economic vampires” not to divert the money into personal use and award contracts to their cronies”.

The Union stated this through its President, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi while flagging off ASUU intervention materials to sensitise the public about the virus.
He said it was intended to check the spread of the dreaded coronavirus at the University of Ibadan.
The intervention materials produced by the University of Ibadan Chapter of the Union included over one thousand 100ml of Handsanitisers, sensitisation jingle in Pidgin and English languages, posters in three major languages and hand gloves.
While addressing the Press at the University of Ibadan, ASUU President Professor Biodun Ogunyemi who was represented by the Zonal Coordinator of Ibadan Zone, Professor Ade Adejumo said the Union has made her members available to help in checking the menace of COVID-19.

Flanked by the Chairpersons of the University of Ibadan and the University of Ilorin, Professors Ayo Akinwole and Moyo Ajao respectively, the ASUU President called on Federal and State Governments to work with Nigerian scientists, researchers, epidemiologists to flatten the curve of the spread.

He maintained that Nigeria must do what China has done to reduce the ravaging effects of the virus.
“We cannot confront the challenge by bemoaning our fate. What is expected is that we join forces to do what China and other well-organised societies have done to “flatten the curve”. ASUU acknowledges that public information, education and communication (IEC) is key to success, backed up with access to health facilities and basic medicaments.
To demonstrate our concerns for the welfare and well-being of the Nigerian people, ASUU members nationwide shall be willing to work with medical and paramedical workers as volunteers in their public enlightenment and professional intervention initiatives.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/covid-19-ASUU-wants-fg-to-justify-n1-1trn-emergency-fund/
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by helinues: 7:27am On Apr 01, 2020
When was N1.1 TR released?
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by Iyiataata92: 7:35am On Apr 01, 2020
They said we should demand accountabilty on how the money was spent. Meaning that the money has already been spent.
Father Lord, anybody that is part of this looting will die by coronavirus before 14days
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by ignis: 7:37am On Apr 01, 2020
ASUU is now EFCC

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by Iyiataata92: 7:39am On Apr 01, 2020
helinues:
When was N1.1 TR released?
Me sef I dey confused. This people don share 1.1 trillion finish come say make we sit down for house
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by allthingsgood: 7:43am On Apr 01, 2020
They want their own cut grin
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by sapientia(m): 7:43am On Apr 01, 2020
1.1 trillion. When?
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by allthingsgood: 7:44am On Apr 01, 2020
Iyiataata92:
They said we should demand accountabilty on how the money was spent. Meaning that the money has already been spent.
Father Lord, anybody that is part of this looting will die by coronavirus before 14days

Shut up
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by Iyiataata92: 7:46am On Apr 01, 2020
allthingsgood:

Shut up
I think you're a member of the looting committee If yes, the prayer is also for you
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by allthingsgood: 7:47am On Apr 01, 2020
Iyiataata92:

I think you're a member of the looting committee
If yes, the prayer is also for you

I know u have brain, so use it
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by icebird25(m): 7:48am On Apr 01, 2020
So this people don already share 1.1 trillion ...
And they no share reach ASUU hand ..ASUU now decided to go on strike..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by Iyiataata92: 7:49am On Apr 01, 2020
allthingsgood:

I know u have brain, so use it
Don't quote me again. I don't reply looters
Re: COVID-19: ASUU Wants FG To Justify N1.1trn Emergency Fund by allthingsgood: 7:59am On Apr 01, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Don't quote me again. I don't reply looters

Don't quote me again I don't reply ignorant low iq fellows

(1) (Reply)

Local Hospital & Convalescent Centers No More A Presidential Snub / May God Forgive His Shortcomings – Aisha Buhari Reacts To Death Of Abba Kyari / When Will TINUBU Send Condolence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.