Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago (70320 Views)

Photo Of 1918 College Football Fans Wearing Face Masks, During The Spanish Flu / Throwback Photo Of 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic That Killed Over 50Million Globally / Population Of Nigerians That Died During Spanish's Flu Pandemic In 1918 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
Blackking98:
it's sad you can't read and comprehend at this age. You compared USA to Iran and I used Nigeria to Ghana as an analogy to access the situation along various parameters and not only population as your weird reasoning is explaining to you. I now said if you compared USA to China then it would be a fair comparison as in this case China has handled the virus far bett er than any world power has apperently and yes I'm in the same vein saying China has done well in this case Incase your Brain can't comprehend. so your USA jibe doesn't really even make sense to educated folks, maybe you want to excite illiterates.

grin funny dude. You are very, very good in running around in circles. The point here still remains EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT nothing else what ever analogy you may choose in trying to make a point.

You are really a funny dude.

Seems you didn't know when Trump was making MOCKERY of China grin

Instead of him putting all hands on board to see that the virus doesn't spread to his own shores.

Guess what? At that time, Iran has already been hit so badly by the virus. WHY WASN'T SAUDI ARABIA A COUNTRY WITHIN THE SAME PENINSULA WITH IRAN HIT BADLY
TOO, I ASK YOU FUNNY DUDE?!

IT'S BECAUSE THE COUNTRY TOOK IMMEDIATE DRASTIC MEASURES. CLOSING DOWN THE MAIN MOSQUES IN MECCA AND MEDINA, CALLING OFF COMPLETELY THE LESSER PILGRIMAGE, WHILE THE SANITIZED THE KA'BA, CLOSING HER BOARDERS TO ALL FOREIGNERS AND E.T.C.............E.T.C. EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT WHICH HAS YIELDED POSITIVE RESULTS.

Off course, the United states didn't take it seriously until after recording deaths in their thousands. Iran had already been hit. The irony is how the number of death in the U.S has come to surpass the number of death in Iran. A country the U.S even though a veritable enemy offered to extend a helping hand to. The point that guy was making is that the U.S were fooling their own self all along. THE SHOULD HAVE ENSURED THIER OWN SAFETY FIRST INSTEAD OF POKING THEIR NOSE INTO ........... grin

You are really funny!
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by yom2(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
datola:
Oyinbo diseases have been killing black man since time immemorial.

same way malaria killed mungo park and crew

1 Like

Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by yom2(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
archymacho:
The bubonic plague which killed about half of the world's population then also came from China.
this could be its reincarnation.
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by yom2(m): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
Tbasicme:
May God almighty help us all. States like Kano, Oyo, Imo and Bayelsa should really take serious measures because if you see the population of people in markets in these states and how they are overcrowded. You will really be worried for these states
for me at this junction I think the best approach now is to device an antidote to check mate it cos its obvious that restrictions and confinement wount be proof. Pending when d vaccine is ready
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by yom2(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
ksstroud:

In 1918-19

Southern was more populous than Northern...
Now they projected figures that made North looks like double of South in population...
It's alright...
Let the scam continue...
u never can tell there was more migration after independence especially from the normadic groups
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by yom2(m): 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
iPOOPinURmouth:
with all these fake pastors extorting cash from people and all these so called billionaires and all these technology we have, if we cant defeat a common vrus, then god needs to wipe everyone and recreate new species cos humans are just useless. 100years ago, no good tech, no billionaires everywere, no fake pastors etc. useless people everywhere
what's ur own contributions?
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by Sadteen: 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
jared007:
I don't think it killed up to that number in Nigeria. 500k no be beans o. 500k and my grandmum swept it under the carpet?
Maybe your grandma was living in a remote village where the flu didn't wreak havoc. And the media or internet wasn't available to those in rural areas to know how grave the pandemic was
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by iPOOPinURmouth: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
yom2:
what's ur own contributions?
i Bleep girls , give them orgasm and they forget their sorrow. its not easy to be contributing that
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by Blackking98(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
WORDWORLD:

grin funny dude. You are very, very good in running around in circles. The point here still remains EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT nothing else what ever analogy you may choose in trying to make a point.

You are really a funny dude.

Seems you didn't know when Trump was making MOCKERY of China grin

Instead of him putting all hands on board to see that the virus doesn't spread to his own shores.

Guess what? At that time, Iran has already been hit so badly by the virus. WHY WASN'T SAUDI ARABIA A COUNTRY WITHIN THE SAME PENINSULA WITH IRAN HIT BADLY
TOO, I ASK YOU FUNNY DUDE?!

IT'S BECAUSE THE COUNTRY TOOK IMMEDIATE DRASTIC MEASURES. CLOSING DOWN THE MAIN MOSQUES IN MECCA AND MEDINA, CALLING OFF COMPLETELY THE LESSER PILGRIMAGE, WHILE THE SANITIZED THE KA'BA, CLOSING HER BOARDERS TO ALL FOREIGNERS AND E.T.C.............E.T.C. EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT WHICH HAS YIELDED POSITIVE RESULTS.

Off course, the United states didn't take it seriously until after recording deaths in their thousands. Iran had already been hit. The irony is how the number of death in the U.S has come to surpass the number of death in Iran. A country the U.S even though a veritable enemy offered to extend a helping hand to. The point that guy was making is that the U.S were fooling their own self all along. THE SHOULD HAVE ENSURED THIER OWN SAFETY FIRST INSTEAD OF POKING THEIR NOSE INTO ........... grin

You are really funny!
You are just trying to throw jibes and be the funny guy where unnecessary. Because I've busted your anti USA stance you're shouting already. Now you're making more reasonable comparisons rather than sounding like a clown. Like i said it's not only the USA that's heavily hit, Spain has over 10,000 deaths, why aren't you shouting about that one? Okay we now know you don't like USA, we have noticed you, and we also thank God corona does not distinguish between pro USA and anti USA while spreading so keep running your mouth about another man's country instead of staying indoors and focusing on your country.
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Blackking98:
You are just trying to throw jibes and be the funny guy where unnecessary. Because I've busted your anti USA stance you're shouting already. Now you're making more reasonable comparisons rather than sounding like a clown. Like i said it's not only the USA that's heavily hit, Spain has over 10,000 deaths, why aren't you shouting about that one? Okay we now know you don't like USA, we have noticed you, and we also thank God corona does not distinguish between pro USA and anti USA while spreading so keep running your mouth about another man's country instead of staying indoors and focusing on your country.
PRO U.S.A OR ANTI-U.S.A HOW DID THIS COME ABOUT?!

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS TRYING TO DEFEND THE U.S.A AGAINST ALL ODDS WHILE AM BEEN FACTUAL THAT EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT IS WHAT COUNTS JUST LIKE THE CHINESE HAVE DONE AND LIKE SAUDI ARABIA. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR ANALOGY OF GHANA-NIGERIA.

YOUR CONJECTURE IS BUT FALSE AS REGARDS ME BEING ANTI-U.S.A. AM NOT THE ONE BEING SENTIMENTAL HERE. AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOU SEE THE OBVIOUS. WHICH IS EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT

THANK YOU FUNNY GUY. IS THAT YOU ON YOUR PROFILE angry
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by Blackking98(m): 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
WORDWORLD:

PRO U.S.A OR ANTI-U.S.A HOW DID THIS COME ABOUT?!

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS TRYING TO DEFEND THE U.S.A AGAINST ALL ODDS WHILE AM BEEN FACTUAL THAT EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT IS WHAT COUNTS JUST LIKE THE CHINESE HAVE DONE AND LIKE SAUDI ARABIA. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR ANALOGY OF GHANA-NIGERIA.

YOUR CONJECTURE IS BUT FALSE AS REGARDS ME BEING ANTI-U.S.A. AM NOT THE ONE BEING SENTIMENTAL HERE. AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE YOU SEE THE OBVIOUS. WHICH IS EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT

THANK YOU FUNNY GUY. IS THAT YOU ON YOUR PROFILE angry
you're not being half factual actually. Why leave Spain, Italy and Germany that have higher death rate than the USA only? Aren't they big nation's too? It's quite sad that in this dangerous times people are still playing international and local politics. Yes it is me.
Re: How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
Blackking98:
you're not being half factual actually. Why leave Spain, Italy and Germany that have higher death rate than the USA only? Aren't they big nation's too? It's quite sad that in this dangerous times people are still playing international and local politics. Yes it is me.

The premise of our discussion was U.S.A/ IRAN then you brought in Ghana and Nigeria on what bases?! That the both of them are big nations?! What do you even mean by big nations? Land mass, population, economy?!!!

With Italy, there was lots of criticism that the country didn't take proactive measures on time. Infact the rest of the world is learning from such lapses, the same with Spain and Germany.

Shouldn't we be asking why countries closer to China and in Asia aren't badly affected unlike the countries you have mention far away in Europe?! A veritable country is NORTH KOREA. What can you say is the reason for their success so far?!!!

As to politics, it will always be a part of human affairs no matter what humanity is going through. Even the microest human institution which is the Family, Home, It is never at anytime devoid of politics. Politics will always be a part of us. Our options to choose is either a healthy politics or one which is not.

MY POINT STILL REMAINS EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT AND NOT "BIG NATIONS" MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Your Private Part Smells And What To Do / COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases / Nigerian Surgeon Removes Baby From Womb, Operates On Her Tumor, Returns Her Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.