Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! (2771 Views)

Behind The Scenes Photos From "Star Wars," , And Other Classics / Star Wars 3: For those who have watched it. / Any Star Wars Fans in the house? I have episode 3 Spoilers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 19, 2007
as to the last command, all good things come to those who wait. . .the last command should be alright, because it was from the first set of star wars books, before kevin j andersen came in and started diluting the quality(he wrote the jedi academy trilogy, other than the first book, its awful)

do you know it was actually alan dean foster that wrote the episode 4 book, and not GL? grin.

most of the books are what i referred to jedi academy as ;staxploitation: when some scifi writer needs 2 make some quick doe, he churns out a starwars potboiler undecided.everyone is happy(sort of)new york times bestseller(hooray for bantam spectra, and the author).

the big problem i have with the star wars universe (from a book perspective) is the fact that u can't kill offf any of the primary characters.which is v unrealistic.(how many battles/adventures can luke skywalker/han solo survive?and they're not going into retirement) .that may be why i don't buy em that much anymore. otherwise, i should have a complete x wing series by now.
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by Vieira(m): 10:32am On Jun 19, 2007
Dakman, he did not direct ROTJ, he only had a co-director credit.

Maybe crap is a harsh word but I did give him kudos for his creativity but I just don't rate him when it comes to handling actors.

But lets agree to disagree.

People always slate Micheal Mann but if you ever want a guy to direct a superhero movie I would vote for Mann to do any action sequences as that is his forte.

I would call on Lucas to think up good effects

I would call on Coppola or Scorcese for dramatic impact.

a good example: Bryan Singer : Great dramatic/thriller director but he is pants at directing action in a movie and always seems to shot his best action early on and then the following action sequences end up being dissappointing. He does not get the concept of building to a dramatic finale climax in action terms.
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by dakmanzero(m): 11:48am On Jun 19, 2007
@oyb

Yeah, I knew about alan dean foster! I'm actually a fan of his. I loved the ANH book! I read it back in the old days when I couldnt get access to the movies. We only had one tape of star wars and it refused to work! lololol

I agree about kevin J anderson. I tried reading some of his tale of the jedi work, its soooooo bad. I can't stand jedi academy.

Be careful what u wish for as per main characters dying. Personally I feel they should simply NOT use the main characters. The reason is, if they let them die, it spoils the earlier stories because then, while watching the movies you are thinking 'oh crap. All these heroics for nothing. Ure still gonna die.'

Case in point: In legacy of the force, terrible things are happening to all the original star wars people, and one of them is now dead, I won't say who. Also dont get too attached to the new people in jedi academy, more death awaits. There's much debate about this, because it in a way makes all the achievements of ROTJ a bit useless, considering the yuzahn vong attacked so soon after the Empire was defeated. One tends to wonder if The yuzahn vong would have been so succesful if palps was still in power with his death star.

@vieira

Ah! Thank God! U agree that crap is a harsh word. Lets leave it at that. As long as u dont call him crap. I'm not equating him with steve s, james c or peter J, but he isnt crap. Would you call Osamu Tezuka a crap animator? The quality of his movies (kimba, astro boy) is ridiculous compared to what newer animators like mamoru oshii and hayao miyazaki are doing, but they both call him 'sensei'. If you watch empire of dreams, youll find that peter jackson and james cameron may as well also call GL 'sensei' !!!!
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by BlackMamba(m): 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2007
Hate Star Wars! Hate Sci Fi!! angry
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by Vieira(m): 1:17am On Jun 20, 2007
BlackMamba:

Hate Star Wars! Hate Sci Fi!! angry

So did you miss road and enter this thread?

Abi when you saw Stars Wars in the title did it look like Arelu to you?
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by dakmanzero(m): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2007
Help me tell am o

Lightsaber to the kpacks, one time.

Instant sentencing for scifi heretics, cauterised balls!
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by MP007(m): 5:36am On Jun 24, 2007
am a biggggg fan,  i have seen all the movies and i have all the games on play station ,  been to the movie premier,  got shirts ,posters and even got jedi outfit and my light saber, love the green one
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by dakmanzero(m): 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2007
lol, i wish the force fx lightsaber had come out when I was 12, that thing is excellent, but I just cant justify buying toys of any kind at this stage in my life, dunno why

maybe somethings wrong with me. But action fggures, models etc, just cant justify them. I also dont care for accesories like vases, paintings, etc.
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by iice(f): 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2007
LOL i had a lightsaber when i was a kid, but like most toys they fall apart after several battles grin

When the re-worked films came out, i got several t-shirts grin. Not big too on collectibles, my cousin has alot of those so i can just look through his collection if i need to.

Wouldn't mind a painting though.
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by Seun(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2007
"I don't like sand." Discuss! grin
Re: Nairaland Star Wars Fans Unite! Roll Call! by dakmanzero(m): 9:46pm On Jun 24, 2007
Sand is rough na.

Ani was quite clear in his meaning grin

Who likes a girl with skin like sand, enh? grin

cut the boy some slack. U ever seen a friar try to pick up a babe before? A senator for that matter!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omotara Johnson (oj) / Download Yoruba Movie: Alejo Oru 2016 / Mobile Tv Series With Subtitles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.