Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best (84315 Views)

Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast / Messi Vs Ronaldo: Alex Ferguson Gives Verdict On Greater Player / Best Eleven Players Mikel Has Played With Over The Course Of His Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Techiekingee(m): 1:04am On Apr 02, 2020
I keep saying it.... Ronaldo's fans are only in Nigeria and his homeland.....Raise a worldwide poll on who's the better player and see if Ronaldo will see draw
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 02, 2020
ChaoHendrix:

Dominance in a team that will still win their respective leagues with or without his input?

Did he set records in those teams?
Did he win trophy's?
Was he consistent?
Does he deliver when expected?

This are questions history will bring to the table when the time comes.

He dominated Europe and made records in every single league. You can't take that away from him.

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by 3Ceagle(m): 1:26am On Apr 02, 2020
If none of them has LEAD their respective countries to world cup success, no one should disturb me with their comparison. They are both great players. period.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by cr7lomo: 1:35am On Apr 02, 2020
jelel6:
I'm not one to insult people's sensibilities but the Ronaldo and Messi argument is one that leave me speechless when people actually HAVE THE GUTS to compare them.

Like it's sooooooo cleeeaaaaar that MESSI IS above Every other player in the planet when considering every metric you may use to appreciate an attacking/forward player.

Vision, passing, dribbling, creativity, technical ability, ball retention, ball control, spatial awareness, Elegance.

Ronaldo's only comparable to Messi in the goalscoring department. But he still is NOT A BETTER GOALSCORER. And you'd agree with me when I say I can mention at least 5 players who are ABOVE Ronaldo at every SINGLE METRIC I've mentioned above. Meaning: there are 5 players better than Ronaldo at passing, at dribbling, creativity, vision, etc. But Messi is virtually the best at EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE THINGS. You can never say he's less than 2 best at most.

That's why Messi wins the best player on the pitch even when he didn't score a single goal in that particular match. Because he's more than putting balls int the net. He's the EXAMPLE of why we watch football for 90 minutes even though goals take only a second to go in and then the game (should) becomes boring again

I think Marco van bommel recently said that anybody who thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi knows NOTHING about football. I cannot help but agree with that.

Casillas, the legendary Real Madrid goal keeper who played many games with Ronaldo at Real Madrid recently said MESSI IS THE BEST EVER.

I've actually seen cheesy

Any honest person will see that the conversation about Messi is real about being the best EVER. NOT BETTER THAN Ronaldo.

I'll honestly say this, I'd like to be corrected if I'm wrong. No notable football personality has ever MAKE the assertion that Ronaldo is the Best ever. Nobody ever dares.

But the conversation about Messi is that he's the Best Ever. Never seen a football person said something like that about Ronaldo.

*I actually thought Ronaldo to be better earlier on. As a supporter of the EPL, I get to see Ronaldo almost every day. Then, 2009 my Barca brothers started beating the Messi drum to me. Banter won't let me drop my opinion about Ronaldo being better easily. Besides, I'd seen Little of Messi then.

Then, toward the end of the season. I saw Messi play my darling Chelsea at the semis and I observed him closely. He didn't light the world on fire, but I saw something I'd rarely seen teams do against a particular player.

He gets the ball and the whole blue shirt wants to mark him at the same time. His unique ability on the ball means two players can't take it away from him, so the whole team has to make together. That's the greatest RESPECT an opposing team can give to an attacking player in my opinion.

After the final of the 2009 CL which Barca won. I was supporting Man utd after the way Chelsea was knocked out. I simply told my brothers that I can see it now. Messi is very different from what I expected a football player to be able to do.

Watching him over the years, no player dictates the opposing team's tactics as Messi does. Pictures of more than 5 players trying to tackle Messi are abound on the net and that tells you something.

RONALDO CAN WIN YOU THE GAME BY SCORING. MESSI WINs IT ANYTIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL.

How many of his touches have won him a major title with his national team...not like his national team is Ukraine or Bolivia ... When last did his touches take him to the final of a champions league?? Was okocha more skillful than Eto ...yes... But was etoo more successful than okocha ,...yes...
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Switch07(m): 2:22am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=icebird25 post=88000373]And those who picked Messi ahead of Ronaldo manage to win something playing with Ronaldo but they got nothing playing with Messi..

Especially those from Argentina national team
Angel di Maria, tevez, and co
While those who are currently playing in Barca can't boldly say is Ronaldo because the moment you say Ronaldo is better than Messi. When you know you are Barca player ..Barca board won't mind to sell you to osasuna fc..

Mbappe football idol is Ronaldo
Rashford football idol is Ronaldo
Haaland football idol is Ronaldo
Jao Felix football idol is Ronaldo
Vicinius junior football idol is Ronaldo..

Youngsters are already taken after step of the great

Those players can't reach the standard messi has set for football history
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 3:09am On Apr 02, 2020
Why not kuku ask all Argentines including Messi's girlfriend, in-laws and parents. Radarada! Too biased sampling method.

1. Messi currently plays for Barcelona FC if not for COVID-19 break.
2. Most of those interviewed played with Messi at Barcelona.
3. Most of those interviewed are Argentines.
4. Ronaldo currently plays with Juventus FC.
5. No single person was interviewed from Juventus.
6. No single person was interviewed even from Real Madrid.
7. Mind you I'm very neutral. I've never been a MAN UTD fan, I've never been a Juventus Fan, I've never been a Real Madrid fan, I've never been a Barcelona fan. I love Messi and Ronaldo for the love of football and the beauty of the game but I hate bigotry.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by bewla(m): 3:11am On Apr 02, 2020
espn:
Most of the Argentine players went with messi...while the Portuguese players said both...the bias is clear...
If u are in Barca and u choose someone ahaed of Messi ur own done finish be that bench warmer for ever

u a South America why support another continent
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 02, 2020
OP you are very mad for this. Why did u add both. Idiat. grin grin grin
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by fabyom: 5:29am On Apr 02, 2020
There was not a single time Ronaldo won, the world best without deserve it. He was even cheated twice!
However, there have been times Messi had won controversially.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by danfodiojr(m): 5:57am On Apr 02, 2020
One thing is for sure, nobody is ready admit or downgrade his/her own pick just the issue of christainity/islam, you won't see anybody to just back down like that. But let the truth be told. Am a die hard MANCHESTER UNITED FAN and pick MESSI, we all know that LEO MESSI Is the best (G.O.A.T) But their won't admit it. Their loss

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=Olayetan post=87994095]That's their own opinion but we wey dey watch both of them play on pitch, we have come to a conclusion that CR7 is the GOAT....[/quot
Lol Ronaldo fan boy
People way matter don talk
Ur opinion doesn't count
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Oswardnat: 7:02am On Apr 02, 2020
Bayern Munich star Boateng involve in auto crash
Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng crashed his Mercedes into a motorway barrier and caused £22,000 worth of damage after visiting his sick son in hospital.
According to German outlet Bild, Jerome Boateng was returning from Leipzig where he had seeing his son Jermar.
The 31-year-old was driving home to Munich near Selbitz in northern Bavaria, when it is claimed a change in weather caused his car to go off the road.
It is reported Boateng was not speeding, but was driving with summer tyres and as he attempted to switch lanes in the snow and rain the car lost grip and smashed into barriers.
https://blueprint.ng/bayern-munich-star-boateng-involve-in-auto-crash/

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ChaoHendrix: 7:39am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Did he set records in those teams?
Did he win trophy's?
Was he consistent?
Does he deliver when expected?

This are questions history will bring to the table when the time comes.

He dominated Europe and made records in every single league. You can't take that away from him.
The team won the trophies..
Consistent doing what exactly ?
What records and what did he deliver that those teams never had before he came?

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by OfficialJayy: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2020
ChaoHendrix:

In that case,we should use opinions from professionals who are either Barcelona,Madrid,Argentina or Portugal players...
In that case,Messi is the best because professionals all say Messi I the best

Same way some will say Messi is the best, that is the same way some will say Ronaldo is the best... so last last it all comes down to personal opinion
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by henryhemon(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2020
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by chiiraq802(m): 8:13am On Apr 02, 2020
MorataFC:
it's like you don't understand the rivalry between Argentina and Brazil.

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by DAYOODS(m): 8:15am On Apr 02, 2020
maestroferddi:
lol.

Pele actually chose Messi as the best years back but succumbed to pressure from Ronaldi fans and English media to do an about-turn.

Pele who comically predicted that an African country would win the World Cup before the end of the 20th century....

Yes, you are right,Pele truly succumbed after he was heavily bribed. Money is a bastard.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by chiiraq802(m): 8:15am On Apr 02, 2020
CrestMan:

You make me laugh grin
Have you EVER heard anyone compare Ronaldo with either Pele or Maradona for who is greatest? undecided

It's Messi that's always used as comparison with Pele or Maradona for who is greatest. tongue

The noise about Messi being the greatest started annoying Pele hence he tried to reduce Messi to Ronaldo's level. cool

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by chiiraq802(m): 8:16am On Apr 02, 2020
DAYOODS:
u

Who his Pele ? Does he has club achiemement compared to Messi and Ronaldo. Remove World Cup,that guy is zero.

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by DAYOODS(m): 8:24am On Apr 02, 2020
Techiekingee:

I don't have the link anymore....go on YouTube and search for players and coaches verdict on messi and ronaldo......messi won like 80-20

Just a few manager s remember
Managers
Klopp- messi
Arsene wenger- messi
Ferguson- Ronaldo
Lampard-messi
Guardiola- messi
Mourinho- Messi
Allegri- Messi
Conte-Messi

players
Pirlo- Messi
Rooney- Messi
Zlatan- Messi
Salah- Messi
Hazard- Messi
Gerard- Messi
De lima-Messi
Philip lahm- Messi
Dani alves -Messi
Reus- Messi
Haaland- Ronaldo
Mbappe- Ronaldo
Boateng- Messi
Immobile- Messi
Yaya toure- Messi
David luiz- Messi
Totti- Messi
Beckham- Messi
Robertson- Messi
Mane- Messi
TAA- Messi
And so on

Below, dey all chose Messi over Ronaldo

Guy you get sense
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by DAYOODS(m): 8:32am On Apr 02, 2020
henryhemon:

90% of those are Argentines what do you expect?

Why can't the Portuguese vote for Ronaldo,why were they shouting both like Usain Bolt. The fact you can't play with the two players and not choose Messi.

Those Portuguese that chose both of them are simply confused. I love the Argentines they called a spade a spade. I refuse to be confused like the Portuguese in my life. Therefore,my verdict is for Messi.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by DAYOODS(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2020
danfodiojr:
One thing is for sure, nobody is ready admit or downgrade his/her own pick just the issue of christainity/islam, you won't see anybody to just back down like that. But let the truth be told. Am a die hard MANCHESTER UNITED FAN and pick MESSI, we all know that LEO MESSI Is the best (G.O.A.T) But their won't admit it. Their loss

Thank you, you get sense.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ChaoHendrix: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Same way some will say Messi is the best, that is the same way some will say Ronaldo is the best... so last last it all comes down to personal opinion
It doesn't..
We have more professionals who will choose Messi..
If it's based on votes from professionals,Messi is the greatest.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by DAYOODS(m): 8:38am On Apr 02, 2020
AdeolaOmoOba:
Why not kuku ask all Argentines including Messi's girlfriend, in-laws and parents. Radarada! Too biased sampling method.

1. Messi currently plays for Barcelona FC if not for COVID-19 break.
2. Most of those interviewed played with Messi at Barcelona.
3. Most of those interviewed are Argentines.
4. Ronaldo currently plays with Juventus FC.
5. No single person was interviewed from Juventus.
6. No single person was interviewed even from Real Madrid.
7. Mind you I'm very neutral. I've never been a MAN UTD fan, I've never been a Juventus Fan, I've never been a Real Madrid fan, I've never been a Barcelona fan. I love Messi and Ronaldo for the love of football and the beauty of the game but I hate bigotry.

Aside for Dybala who else has played with Messi and Ronaldo that was not interviewed ?
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by henryhemon(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2020
DAYOODS:

Why can't the Portuguese vote for Ronaldo,why were they shouting both like Usain Bolt. The fact you can't play with the two players and not choose Messi.

Those Portuguese that chose both of them are simply confused. I love the Argentines they called a spade a spade. I refuse to be confused like the Portuguese in my life. Therefore,my verdict is for Messi.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for messi and I know it's because of six pack that people love Ronaldo, no player compares to messi.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Jokerman(m): 8:47am On Apr 02, 2020
ChaoHendrix:

The team won the trophies..
Consistent doing what exactly ?
What records and what did he deliver that those teams never had before he came?

When last did Man utd win the UCL before Ronaldo??
When did any player from EPL win FIFA best ?

When last did Madrid win the UCL before he came??

When he wins it with Juve, same thing you'd say

Can you say what Barca as never won before Messi??
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by OfficialJayy: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2020
ChaoHendrix:
It doesn't..
We have more professionals who will choose Messi..
If it's based on votes from professionals,Messi is the greatest.

Oga, spare me this crap

Few days ago, Pele said Ronaldo is better than Messi, tell me which of your so called professionals is greater than pele

If you believe that messi is the best ever, I have no problem with that but please stop talking about 'professionals'..

Anyways, am not on this thread to discuss who is better between cr7 and messi, I stopped doing that a long time ago when I realised that in like 5yrs time, I might not be seeing them play anymore, hence I have to enjoy the little time they still have to play for

All I'm saying is that the list the op pasted on this thread is biased.. simple

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by uunwanaobong3: 9:56am On Apr 02, 2020
And the winner goes to the Goat...... Messi
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by djkirkoo2(m): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2020
ElasticStone:

It would be difficult to get players that have played with both if we rule out national team. However, look at number 5 and 7 neutrals.
how many matches did Pique and Larson played with Ronaldo? Funny
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Coldsteel(m): 10:06am On Apr 02, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lidczlSempQ
After watching this video and you still doubt who is better,then your case is worse than Corona virus
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by davidsCsand(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2020
Wahala
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by kenechukwuori(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Why do we compare yam with cocoayam?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Didier Drogba Son Isaac Scores First Career Goal, Celebrates Like Dad (Photos) / J.J Okocha Disguises As A Cleaner In Lagos (Photos, Video) / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.