Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best (84283 Views)

Saka And Other Stars That Could Have Played For Nigeria And Ivory Coast / Messi Vs Ronaldo: Alex Ferguson Gives Verdict On Greater Player / Best Eleven Players Mikel Has Played With Over The Course Of His Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Segekesy(m): 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
Many great players that play together with cr7 stil choose messi ahead of him, e.g Rooney & ferdinand, 85% of all the great coaches and players chose messi, no player in the history of barca or laliga has high number of assist than messi, yet some will say he shine on assist giving to him, have you heard where they compare cr7, pele and maradona? U cant , he's not in that league, u can only hear pele, maradona and messi, which messi stil stand out among those two great, cr7 is good but you cant compare him to messi. Only nigeria, twitter, instangram and facebook fan chose cr7 over messi
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Segekesy(m): 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
Tabuku:
I don’t believe in your selections of the players. They are Argentina guys. If I have a team and I want to build a complete team with my system, I’ll pick Ronaldo.
is rooney and ferdinand that has never play with messi argentina?
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
Messi is definitely the more talented player but I feel CR7 is the better team leader which is why he has won honors for both club and country.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by JoseRaji(m): 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
ElasticStone:

Source: https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-top-10s-legends-reactions-nine-players-whove-played-with-lionel-messi-and-cristiano-ronaldo-20200331.amp.html

Most of the people who rated Messi above Ronaldo, only played with Ronaldo when he was in Manchester United... Why not put a picture of CR7 in a ManUtd Jersey so we'd understand that you are comparing a player of over 10 years ago with a player at present.

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Modric is better than Xavi
Calm down, we both enroll for jamb exams same subject combination i scored 380 and u got 340 and u were my teacher...who was the better student? ofcourse me!
It doesnt matter how much u studied or ur skills or other factors that came into play while u wrote the exam.
As long as u cudnt outperform me my dear, it shows am beta. forget ur skills and talent itz the result dat matas...datz the only evidence, and datz the proof. history won't rememba how close u got to getting results. it only remembers the ones u cud get..
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by jelel6: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
I'm not one to insult people's sensibilities but the Ronaldo and Messi argument is one that leave me speechless when people actually HAVE THE GUTS to compare them.

Like it's sooooooo cleeeaaaaar that MESSI IS above Every other player in the planet when considering every metric you may use to appreciate an attacking/forward player.

Vision, passing, dribbling, creativity, technical ability, ball retention, ball control, spatial awareness, Elegance.

Ronaldo's only comparable to Messi in the goalscoring department. But he still is NOT A BETTER GOALSCORER. And you'd agree with me when I say I can mention at least 5 players who are ABOVE Ronaldo at every SINGLE METRIC I've mentioned above. Meaning: there are 5 players better than Ronaldo at passing, at dribbling, creativity, vision, etc. But Messi is virtually the best at EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE THINGS. You can never say he's less than 2 best at most.

That's why Messi wins the best player on the pitch even when he didn't score a single goal in that particular match. Because he's more than putting balls int the net. He's the EXAMPLE of why we watch football for 90 minutes even though goals take only a second to go in and then the game (should) becomes boring again

I think Marco van bommel recently said that anybody who thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi knows NOTHING about football. I cannot help but agree with that.

Casillas, the legendary Real Madrid goal keeper who played many games with Ronaldo at Real Madrid recently said MESSI IS THE BEST EVER.

I've actually seen cheesy

Any honest person will see that the conversation about Messi is real about being the best EVER. NOT BETTER THAN Ronaldo.

I'll honestly say this, I'd like to be corrected if I'm wrong. No notable football personality has ever MAKE the assertion that Ronaldo is the Best ever. Nobody ever dares.

But the conversation about Messi is that he's the Best Ever. Never seen a football person said something like that about Ronaldo.

*I actually thought Ronaldo to be better earlier on. As a supporter of the EPL, I get to see Ronaldo almost every day. Then, 2009 my Barca brothers started beating the Messi drum to me. Banter won't let me drop my opinion about Ronaldo being better easily. Besides, I'd seen Little of Messi then.

Then, toward the end of the season. I saw Messi play my darling Chelsea at the semis and I observed him closely. He didn't light the world on fire, but I saw something I'd rarely seen teams do against a particular player.

He gets the ball and the whole blue shirt wants to mark him at the same time. His unique ability on the ball means two players can't take it away from him, so the whole team has to make together. That's the greatest RESPECT an opposing team can give to an attacking player in my opinion.

After the final of the 2009 CL which Barca won. I was supporting Man utd after the way Chelsea was knocked out. I simply told my brothers that I can see it now. Messi is very different from what I expected a football player to be able to do.

Watching him over the years, no player dictates the opposing team's tactics as Messi does. Pictures of more than 5 players trying to tackle Messi are abound on the net and that tells you something.

RONALDO CAN WIN YOU THE GAME BY SCORING. MESSI WINs IT ANYTIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Adgideon(m): 9:02pm On Apr 01, 2020
All off them are fans of Messi, almost all the players are from agentina so who else will dey support,
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by MorataFC: 9:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
chiiraq802:
And what did PELE the great say??
I rest my case grin
it's like you don't understand the rivalry between Argentina and Brazil.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ZUBY77(m): 9:38pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jaeis:
Skewed judgment.

Why won't I pick a player I've spent longer time with? What do you expect from Pique, Gago, DiMaria, Garay and Tevez if not to pick their close pal Messi.

Messi and Ronaldo are amazing, majority prefer Messi but Ronaldo is my pick.

So why did Portugal players say BOTH?

If not just to make Ronaldo feel important
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by MorataFC: 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2020
jelel6:
I'm not one to insult people's sensibilities but the Ronaldo and Messi argument is one that leave me speechless when people actually HAVE THE GUTS to compare them.

Like it's sooooooo cleeeaaaaar that MESSI IS above Every other player in the planet when considering every metric you may use to appreciate an attacking/forward player.

Vision, passing, dribbling, creativity, technical ability, ball retention, ball control, spatial awareness, Elegance.

Ronaldo's only comparable to Messi in the goalscoring department. But he still is NOT A BETTER GOALSCORER. And you'd agree with me when I say I can mention at least 5 players who are ABOVE Ronaldo at every SINGLE METRIC I've mentioned above. Meaning: there are 5 players better than Ronaldo at passing, at dribbling, creativity, vision, etc. But Messi is virtually the best at EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE THINGS. You can never say he's less than 2 best at most.

That's why Messi wins the best player on the pitch even when he didn't score a single goal in that particular match. Because he's more than putting balls int the net. He's the EXAMPLE of why we watch football for 90 minutes even though goals take only a second to go in and then the game (should) becomes boring again

I think Marco van bommel recently said that anybody who thinks Ronaldo is better than Messi knows NOTHING about football. I cannot help but agree with that.

Casillas, the legendary Real Madrid goal keeper who played many games with Ronaldo at Real Madrid recently said MESSI IS THE BEST EVER.

I've actually seen cheesy

Any honest person will see that the conversation about Messi is real about being the best EVER. NOT BETTER THAN Ronaldo.

I'll honestly say this, I'd like to be corrected if I'm wrong. No notable football personality has ever MAKE the assertion that Ronaldo is the Best ever. Nobody ever dares.

But the conversation about Messi is that he's the Best Ever. Never seen a football person said something like that about Ronaldo.

*I actually thought Ronaldo to be better earlier on. As a supporter of the EPL, I get to see Ronaldo almost every day. Then, 2009 my Barca brothers started beating the Messi drum to me. Banter won't let me drop my opinion about Ronaldo being better easily. Besides, I'd seen Little of Messi then.

Then, toward the end of the season. I saw Messi play my darling Chelsea at the semis and I observed him closely. He didn't light the world on fire, but I saw something I'd rarely seen teams do against a particular player.

He gets the ball and the whole blue shirt wants to mark him at the same time. His unique ability on the ball means two players can't take it away from him, so the whole team has to make together. That's the greatest RESPECT an opposing team can give to an attacking player in my opinion.

After the final of the 2009 CL which Barca won. I was supporting Man utd after the way Chelsea was knocked out. I simply told my brothers that I can see it now. Messi is very different from what I expected a football player to be able to do.

Watching him over the years, no player dictates the opposing team's tactics as Messi does. Pictures of more than 5 players trying to tackle Messi are abound on the net and that tells you something.

RONALDO CAN WIN YOU THE GAME BY SCORING. MESSI WINs IT ANYTIME HE TOUCHES THE BALL.
I wish I can give you 5090 likes

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Bahddo(m): 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2020
Abeg people should stop comparing Messi and Ronaldo. They aren't even on the same level. Their rivalry is a product of the media.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by snitchbitch: 10:13pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ororo, ororo mio!!!!

You call him penaldo, we call him world best, before you say anything tell messi to leave that club where he has been playing since his childhood and try new sides!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by snitchbitch: 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
De Lima, zidane, Pele , maradona, baggio, guti, Beckham, ronaldinho (eyin omo eyin) henry, ibrahimovic and host of others didn't end their career in one club, they moved around.

Why did messi want to end his career in Barcelona?

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ElasticStone(m): 10:16pm On Apr 01, 2020
snitchbitch:
Ororo, ororo mio!!!!

You call him penaldo, we call him world best, before you say anything tell messi to leave that club where he has been playing since his childhood and try new sides!!!!

If messi should open mouth to say he wants to leave the club, they will double his pay to keep him. That is a player with high value. If Ronaldo tries it, they will show him the way. Ask Real Madrid and Man U.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Teeboi56: 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
Di Maria, tevez, Garay they are all Argentina and u expect them to choose Ronaldo never
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2020
icebird25:
And those who picked Messi ahead of Ronaldo manage to win something playing with Ronaldo but they got nothing playing with Messi..

Especially those from Argentina national team
Angel di Maria, tevez, and co
While those who are currently playing in Barca can't boldly say is Ronaldo because the moment you say Ronaldo is better than Messi. When you know you are Barca player ..Barca board won't mind to sell you to osasuna fc..

Mbappe football idol is Ronaldo
Rashford football idol is Ronaldo
Haaland football idol is Ronaldo
Jao Felix football idol is Ronaldo
Vicinius junior football idol is Ronaldo..

Youngsters are already taken after step of the great ...
Don’t be silly my friend, even me a Messi fan would pick Ronaldo over Messi as a role model. Messi won’t even be in my top 5. Ronaldo has the mindset of a winner, a burning desire to succeed, a drive and a never say never attitude you can apply in various aspect of life. This doesn’t mean he is a better footballer than Messi if you look at it objectively. The issue with Messi is that football for him comes naturally. I don’t think he would be much of a success if he didn’t have the talent. Messi was created for one reason only, football but put Ronaldo in golf or track and field, you will still see a world class athlete. To be honest give it 5-10 years a player like Ronaldo will surface but Messi, his type comes once in 50 years. When it comes to football Messi is the better player. Natural talent, watch his trainings, he doesn’t put effort but Ronaldo is a hard worker , an epitome of dedication
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Nigeriapen(m): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
WATCH MAN SLAPPING A SOLDIER WHO PUNISH HIM FOR LOCKDOWN ORDER VIOLATION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdeci2Ot-f0&t=13s
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by OnlineWell(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
I love Gerard Pique's verdict

Get a phone number of any country for verification. Check my signature
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by feedthenation(m): 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
Messi
Xavi
Ronaldo - the portugese
Ronaldo - the brazilian
Ronaldinho -the brazilian
Samuel Eto'o
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Dayodragon: 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
tommykiwi:
KING Messi anytime, anyday and anywhere.

Let's vote here.

Like for KING Messi

Share for King CR7

For me I go with KING Messi

Voting closed!

I give it to team Ronaldo for now because Team Messi went out to fight corona virus they are not online now.

I hope you can see how you wanted Ronaldo to lose with share if you think he's still he won.. CR7 Is the universal GOAT.. Messi is a Barcelona GOAT.. Ronaldo has won in Spain, England, Italy, Portual while Messi is still struggling in Argentina.. and mind you he has retired 3x because of frustration still Ronaldo doesn't give up,Even when his team was flop.
He still carried them along..

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ChaoHendrix: 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Same way dybala and higuian believes that ronaldo is a better player but since messi is their international teammate, they decided to stay neutral right??

Bros, make we forget talk.. if semedo or gomes comes out today to say ronaldo is better than messi, that will be the end of their barcelona career

Eg lopetuigi(the former spanish coach) always maintained that messi was the best player, but the moment r. madrid appointed him, he quickly sided with ronaldo

Same goes for K.P boateng who said ronaldo was the best ever despite not playing with him, the moment barca signed him up, he quickly sided with messi..

I personally, believe cr7 is the best ever and I have no problem if anyone believes otherwise, all I am saying is that this list is biased
In that case,we should use opinions from professionals who are either Barcelona,Madrid,Argentina or Portugal players...
In that case,Messi is the best because professionals all say Messi I the best
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ChaoHendrix: 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
Jokerman:

Buh he always winning na...or is Barca a small team??
Always winning? Were the teams losing before he came? Will they still win whether he plays or not?
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by ChaoHendrix: 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

It's all included in versatility.

Where you expecting him to opt for Eyimba at the the peaks of his career? It's not done. What is demanded is dominance, consistency and versatility which he was able to replicate.

In no field you can think of, has stagnancy had an edge over consistent versatility.

It's not done in any profession or industry.
Dominance in a team that will still win their respective leagues with or without his input?
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2020
tommykiwi:
KING Messi anytime, anyday and anywhere.

Let's vote here.

Like for KING Messi

Share for King CR7

For me I go with KING Messi

Voting closed!

I give it to team Ronaldo for now because Team Messi went out to fight corona virus they are not online now.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

YOUR KING IS WINNING OOO

trouble sleep yanga go wake ham
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by skyfather09(m): 11:27pm On Apr 01, 2020
all this people that said Messi, they obviously got corona

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by LeoFish92(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2020
icebird25:
And those who picked Messi ahead of Ronaldo manage to win something playing with Ronaldo but they got nothing playing with Messi..

Especially those from Argentina national team
Angel di Maria, tevez, and co
While those who are currently playing in Barca can't boldly say is Ronaldo because the moment you say Ronaldo is better than Messi. When you know you are Barca player ..Barca board won't mind to sell you to osasuna fc..

Mbappe football idol is Ronaldo
Rashford football idol is Ronaldo
Haaland football idol is Ronaldo
Jao Felix football idol is Ronaldo
Vicinius junior football idol is Ronaldo..

Youngsters are already taken after step of the great ...

Those youngsters are wise, they know what Messi does on the pitch can't be replicated, so they chose the player whose footpath they can easily follow.

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Olusola101990: 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
let me be sincere with u....it will be so hard for u to play mad train with messi for a year or two and also Ronaldo then pick Ronaldo over messi...no....a normal unbiased footballer can't...he will rather pick the two so as nt to step on Ronaldos toes....Ronaldo is great and a fighter but ave seen training sessions of messi at barca on YouTube and I can't but see wat others are seeing.....his light years ahead of his mates the way he plays during training...how do uvexplain it wen he picks the ball and kip doing wat he wishes with it as if it notin ....messi all round play is just not from this world.
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Olusola101990: 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
And pls wen we talk if who is better its nt who has more trophies...u believe who is better is simply who is more talented and productive... messi is just ahead of Ronaldo

1 Like

Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by scantee(m): 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
Messi is the real GOAT
Re: Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best by Techiekingee(m): 12:52am On Apr 02, 2020
Segekesy:
Many great players that play together with cr7 stil choose messi ahead of him, e.g Rooney & ferdinand, 85% of all the great coaches and players chose messi, no player in the history of barca or laliga has high number of assist than messi, yet some will say he shine on assist giving to him, have you heard where they compare cr7, pele and maradona? U cant , he's not in that league, u can only hear pele, maradona and messi, which messi stil stand out among those two great, cr7 is good but you cant compare him to messi. Only nigeria, twitter, instangram and facebook fan chose cr7 over messi
You deserve this brother

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Didier Drogba Son Isaac Scores First Career Goal, Celebrates Like Dad (Photos) / Super Eagles Vs Mexico - (2 - 2) -Intl Friendly On May 31 2013 / J.J Okocha Disguises As A Cleaner In Lagos (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.