Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 (58940 Views)

Buhari Donates Two Cows To Corpers In Katsina For Sallah Celebration / Aisha Buhari Donates Food & Medical Items To Kano (Photos) / Father Mbaka Reacts As Buhari Donates N2 Million To His Church (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by dre11(m): 1:26pm On Apr 01, 2020
As donations in billions come from Nigerians to battle the spread of coronavirus, an eight-year-old compatriot has donated all she has in her piggy bank. Vera Akpan, a girl from Delta state wrote President Buhari Muhammadu a letter, requesting for how to donate her saving of N2,350 to the country. She said the country’s need for the money is vital to fight the pandemic, hence the reason for her donation.

She explained in her letter that “I’m not from a rich home but God kept us going. I have a savings box, where I presently have N2350 I wanted to donate to an orphanage home in Warri, Delta state. But, the need of the country is vital to me. The money is very little, but please accept it from me as a child.”

Vera is a pupil who is sad that the lockdown has interrupted her academic, but understands that it is for a good course. “The lockdown of schools due to the corona pandemic has interrupted our academics, but it is for a good course.” She said.

Vera is among many Nigerians who have showed that humanity needs to come together to fight Covid-19 which has claimed over 42,000 lives globally.

Corporate organisation who have donated for the fight against coronavirus in Nigeria include Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) among others. Some individuals who have donated include, Aliko Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Femi Otedola, Abdulsamad Rabiu, Herbert Wigwe, Segun Agbaje, Tim Ovie, Atiku Abubakar, Tuface Idibia among others.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/coronavirus-8-year-old-writes-buhari-donates-n2350.html

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Holamic: 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2020
His father use her daughter account to gain public awareness.... But brave if the kid did it out-of his charity... Applause

250 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by helinues: 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2020
Parents stunts.... Seeking both state and FG attentions

2 in 1 target

333 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by manuelreports: 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
Nonsense
Give that money to a begger near You or use it buy toilet tissue and donate to orphanage.
Nigeria Gonment is filled with heartless corrupt fellow that don't deserve to touch any money meant for charity or for emergency. Those guys can loot 2500 naira, they have no shame

280 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by idealogical: 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2020
manuelreports:
Nonsense
Give that money to a begger near You or use it buy toilet tissue and donate to orphanage.
Nigeria Gonment is filled with heartless corrupt fellow that don't deserve to touch any money meant for charity or for emergency. Those guys can loot 2500 naira, they have no shame

Ordinary kids are donating and helping their own country people, but you are here complaining hating and lamenting over nothing? All you people do is complain, wail and cry, but never raise a finger to help anybody.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by StandardJohn(m): 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2020
i will personally advise her to donate the money to an orphanage because those people at the top don't mind looting anything no matter how small it is. she'll be great.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by NorthPrince: 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
K
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Babatunde40(m): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Maybe this is her turn to blow

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by tempem: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Rare Breeds.

A slap on my face self. angry

Even if na N50, it's something. Although, this kinda Charity will be sweet in a country that gives priority to her citizens.

Nice Job Girl!

https://tomvad.com/7-coronavirus-scams-and-tips-to-avoid-them

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Eriggs: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Do not ask for what your country can do for you, ask for what you can do for your country.
God bless this girl. God bless little Vera.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by sofiscatedmoron: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Let go and buy indomie with d money
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Mistaicey2288: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
The gurl is more human than the Mumu Presidiot... God bless her cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by bamasite2: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Family things.......

Father's idea. 5% possible it is the child's idea

If you know, you know

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Perfecttouchade: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Ok
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Obabajo:

after this covid19 ,u go poor die because it can't last 4 longtime mumu. go look 4 job
Don't be stupid

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by princeade86(m): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hmmmmmm.
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Onlinealaba(m): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wasted investment
Affordable used top notch Smart TVs and sound bar Available
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Eriggs: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
manuelreports:
Nonsense
How much u don donate, wailing uncle undecided
A little girl that can be your last born just donated something, but you are here everyday crying and wailing about government. Na swear?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Monaco2(m): 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by emirateprince: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
Another notice me cheesy

See format grin

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Slawormir: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Isoright

Nigerians can huzzle
Na huzzle be this o
Arrangee

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by nurex01(m): 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
God bless you. May God forgive us and save us from this deadly virus
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Eriggs: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

Ordinary kids are donating and helping their own country people, but you are here complaining hating and lamenting over nothing? All you people do is complain, wail and cry, but never raise a finger to help anybody.
Very correct talk. You are one of the very few sane members we have here. Majority of them comment from their anus. That's why wise people like you comment once in a while, while many other wise ones just read and pass without commenting. Reading senseless posts from such people you quoted can be so so annoying.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by michoim(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
idealogical:

Correct talk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by Onyekachi419(f): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
On behalf of myself I donate 1bn kiss
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by ehhmah(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
grin grin grin

I rest my plate of meats

My Candid Covid-19 Predictions:
One must happen.

*There would be a religious uprising.
*Lootings would take place due to Hunger.
*Our Hospitals will be overwhelmed.

I’m sorry but Something must kill a man.
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by redcliff: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
yeye dey smell
Re: Coronavirus: Vera Akpan, 8-Year-Old Writes Buhari, Donates N2,350 by blowjohn(m): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
See eh. This is not the time for 419ers and scammers.
What is all this na?
The citizens of this country are inherently dubious.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Death Of Soleimani: Nigerian IGP Adamu Places Policemen On Red Alert Nationwide / Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest / Hanan Buhari And Turad Sha’aban Pre-wedding Event Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.