Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic (1716 Views)

Installation Of New Catholic Bishop In Ekwulobia Anambra Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / ''Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks After Land Battle Btw Pastor And Businesman''. PICS / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
LordReed:

Please delete. Why the hell will you put this here?
I'm sorry.
I just wanted to confirm.
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I'm sorry.

Can you delete it? You could have sent me an email.
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I'm sorry.

Is it a bad thing to help someone again. Abeg delete my name now.
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
LordReed:

Is it a bad thing to help someone again. Abeg delete my name now.
I have deleted it.
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by Ohibenemma(m): 10:35am On Apr 04, 2020
Commonsense99:

These Miracles are well rehearsed drama bro, there is no better way to Prove yourself than doing it now in the presence of everyone, go and heal an NCDC confirmed case of COVID-19,.viruses are even self limiting, go to a conventional government hospital and heal a random sick patient. grin

Dude people are pissed off at modern day Nigerian penticostal pastors because of their obvious scam, mind you not all those who call a spade its name are atheist, all Of us must not keep quiet and watch you folks scam People in the name of religion.

Such a move, as you advocate, will be viewed as

1. Foolhardiness (by a lot of folks)

2. Well rehearsed drama, like you've already claimed. At the end of the day, you will still doubt and ask for repeats, like the anointing is one magic wand used at the discretion of the magician.

Jesus, teaching, said "blessed are those who haven't seen, yet believe." But, for the average atheist, he will still puncture it and probably shift the goalposts should he see a miracle.

Miracles aren't performed to suit the whims and caprices of certain individuals; they happen that God be glorified.
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by Ohibenemma(m): 10:21am On Apr 05, 2020
OtemAtum:
Nigerian pastors are being seriously bashed right now because they have sweet-talked and fool themselves(not me) into great men who are almost omnipotent. This virus is here to expose them all and to #FreeTheSheeple.
Same way Jehovah their God sweet-talked and fooled himself and the sheeple into believing that he is powerful, only for science to expose his left yansh and show how as impotent as a eunuch he is.

Luwabi practicalised on a stuff like this many years ago and the outcome is exactly what we have now.

Luwabi 15: 1-39
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
1. Luwabi overturned a large pot in front of his house. And he wrote saying, do not open. It is the secret of Luwabi. If you open it and see what you do not wish to see, then it is your own problem, because I have forewarned you saying, do not open...
I truly enjoyed your story, but how does this apply to Christianity? If you say there are many empty barrels out there, empty and fake pastors, I wouldn't dispute your claim, but if you say it's all a hoax, then all I can say is: "It is well." Meanwhile, I have a challenge that will soon become MY TESTIMONY. Your likes will still term it coincidence which, I understand, is what your Luwabi story sought to achieve?
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by Ohibenemma(m): 10:24am On Apr 05, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I only asked the OP to ask God to become unmysterious.
But I know the OP won't do that cos God is also mysterious to this OP.
Case closed.
Of course, His ways are way beyond human comprehension. Everyday, we see to know Him better.

Peace be unto you.
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ohibenemma:
Of course, His ways are way beyond human comprehension. Everyday, we see to know Him better.

Peace be unto you.
The ways of a lunatic at Yaba psychiatric ward is beyond human comprehension too.
What else?
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by OtemAtum: 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ohibenemma:
I truly enjoyed your story, but how does this apply to Christianity? If you say there are many empty barrels out there, empty and fake pastors, I wouldn't dispute your claim, but if you say it's all a hoax, then all I can say is: "It is well." Meanwhile, I have a challenge that will soon become MY TESTIMONY. Your likes will still term it coincidence which, I understand, is what your Luwabi story sought to achieve?
Firstly, the story is not my story, It is the true life story of Luwabi, a great man of the past. Christianity is a hoax, built around fictitious Jesus. I will be waiting to hear and see your testimony, then we can talk about it by then.
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by tosin481: 6:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: The Nigerian Pastor And The Covid-19 Pandemic by ultimate77(m): 10:34am On Apr 14, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

CHRISTIANS JUST TALK WITHOUT THINKING.

MANY YEARS AGO, I TRIED TO THINK BEFORE TALKING, IT MADE ME AN ATHEIST.
Yet you still talk like a clown. You should be able to differentiate a Christians from Religious church goers. Who ever looks at you as an atheist must be stupid because atheists are intelligent people who have read, studied, understands other faiths then chose what they want to be. Tell us what you know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More On Giving Alms To The Needy / Are Jehovah's Witnesses A Cult Organisation? / Appreciate Small Blessings & Bigger Ones Will Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.