Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Covid-19: What The Canada Government Is Doing For Families This Lockdown Period - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Covid-19: What The Canada Government Is Doing For Families This Lockdown Period (561 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / What Are Your Stay At Home Realities During This Lockdown? / Recommended Family Schedule During This Lockdown Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: What The Canada Government Is Doing For Families This Lockdown Period by iknowexperts: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2020
This is not a government bashing post

This morning when I logged into Nairaland, I saw news that the government in Lagos have commenced sharing food stuff from house to house.

I didn't believe till I saw the picture. You wont blame me. The only time Govt share things is during elections

In case you haven't seen it and are wondering what was shared, it is a bag containing rice and garri, and a loaf of bread.

What I saw made me to checkout what Canada (which is my most talked about country wink ) is giving as relief materials to her citizens and inhabitants alike.

What did I find out? Your guess is as good as mine.

Take a look for yourself what Canada is doing

Number one.
Extra $300 per child (u-18 years old) in each family who are under the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) program. Normally they receive between $466 to $553 per month. Now they are getting extra $300

Number 2.
Emergency payment of $2000 to every adult, whether employed or unemployed, who are unable to work or earn an income due to the Covid-19 Lockdown.
This includes those who are sick or in quarantine.
Payment will last for up to four months

Number 3
Tenants are allowed not to pay house rent for the next six months.

Number 4
House owners on Mortgages are allowed not to repay loans for the next 6 months. With no additional interest charged during the period.

Number 5
Wage subsidy of up to 75 percent so Canadian employees can still be paying salaries during the lockdown.

Number 6
$25 billion Emergency Business Account...
For giving small businesses interest free loans up to $40k free for one year with opportunity for forgiveness.

Plus other relief programs designed for individuals and businesses.

This shows a government that cares

Compared to what is obtainable af home... Let's not even go there.

But,

inspite of the fact that I think what the Lagos state government gave out is ridiculous,

I also feel they have taken a step in the right direction

It's not everytime we should condemn.

What we can do is encourage them at this point, and challenge them to do better.

I believe they can go on another round or two of sharing relief items before this first lock down is over

Below are the items shared by the government

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: What The Canada Government Is Doing For Families This Lockdown Period by iknowexperts: 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
Meanwhile, for those who want to relocate Canada with their families, now is not the time to give up your dreams.

While most of the services relating to immigrating to Canada (and other countries abroad generally) have been suspended for now, it will re-open again when the crisis becomes a thing of the past

Question is, will you be in a good position to make the move? Think about that

What you should do is to position yourself to make the move as fast as possible when the time comes.

You can better position yourself by taking out some time to gather relevant info on the Canadian IRCC website.

This knowledge can give you speed, save you time and money in hundreds and even millions of Naira moving forward.

Talking about positioning, below are 2 videos containing useful and practicable information concerning 2 of the newest canada immigration programs.

Canada Homecare Program ==> https://www.iknowexperts.com.ng/canada-homecare

Rural Northern Immigration Pilot ==> https://www.iknowexperts.com.ng/canada-rnip

(1) (Reply)

Counter Thread: Why You Should Beg If You Don't Have / Not All Blood Is Family. My Supernatural Story / BE SINCERE If You’re Offered $1million To Slap Your Two Parents,will You Accept?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.