Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! (896 Views)

Groom Converts From Christianity To Islam For His Bride (photos) / He Ended Up Liking My Friend / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! by Chongaiman: 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2010
A colleague got married earlier on in the month. During the reception, I asked about how he met his bride. He summarily told me that his chief bride's mate was the one he would have married and that she's now regretting the way things turned out.

Next day, he came to see me off and gave me the gist in detail. He was transferred to the north from the south about the time he was suffering from a heartbreak (another story in itself. His girlfriend whom he intended to marry broke off their relationship to marry someone else who was richer - she apparently was in a haste to throw off the shackles of poverty).

A well wisher - let's call her Wifey - seeing his state of melancholy offered to link him up with someone from her circle of friends because . . . . who knows tomorrow? The first formed effizy for him and my colleague who was down to earth lost interest in no time. The second (who happened to be her best friend and who would eventually become the chief bride's maid) was in another relationship at the time and was slow to respond to his advances. Afterwards, she began to form an I'm too holy/I'm doing you a favour attitude for the dude. My long suffering colleague rode along still.

Matters came to a head one fateful day as he was taking her (No. 2) and her friends (including Wifey) out. On getting close to the destination, No. 2 began forming holy and complained about the choice of the spot being where alcohol and stuff were served and consumed - insinuating that my guy had ulterior motives. He is teetotaller for crying out loud. He reminded her of the fact adding that they were too many for him to attempt something funny even if his life depended on it. That done, the outing was cancelled as he took them back to their hostel (in a federal university).

That was the turning point. He felt depressed by this development, remembered her attitude towards him and did some soul-searching, concluding that there was no reason remaining in a one-sided relationship. She may have read his mind because she tried to make amends and stepped up her commitment a notch. It was too little, too late. No.2 reported his growing indifference to Wifey who attempted to mediate. My colleague told her he was not going back to No.2. What's more? He now had the conviction that Wifey was the one for him - having realised that she was the only who seemed to truly care for his happiness and well-being. . . . The rest is now history.

He proposed marriage soon after Wifey agreed to a relationship with him.  No.2 did not take to this development kindly and told him so. He replied that what was meant to be would be. Not to be outdone, No.2 resolved not to lose her other guy and tried to rekindle old flames. Too bad as his people had hooked him with a wife from his place. In a move akin to adding salt to injury, Wifey asked No.2 to be her chief maid at the wedding. Being the best man, I can't say for sure if No.2 looked pained. She managed to keep a straight face during the reception.

There. . . . I have said it. If any of the parties involved is reading this, please don't be harsh on me as I have gone to great length to conceal your names, location, state of origin and religion. On a final note, the groom added on a hearsay basis, that the lady who was so desperate to escape the shackles of poverty is now realising that money doesn't buy happiness.
Re: His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! by Onchedu(m): 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2010
This Ur story long sha. Anyway, e dey happen.
Re: His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! by yomijnr(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2010
The word you're looking for is maid not mate, It's the chief bride's maid
Re: His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! by Chongaiman: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2010
^^^
Thanks for your observation.
Re: His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! by Moralistli(m): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2010
On a final note, the groom added on a hearsay basis, that the lady who was so desperate to escape the shackles of poverty is now realising that money doesn't buy happiness.
[b][/b]

Suprised?
Re: His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! by deniyor: 5:43pm On Dec 30, 2010
he made a smart move / choice.
Re: His Intended Bride Ended Up As His Bride's Chief Maid! by playmate(f): 6:32pm On Dec 30, 2010
Good for him!

(1) (Reply)

A Girl Sent This To My Friend.Will She Date Him?Pls Advise / Do I Call It Love Or Insecurity? / She Is Attracted To Gay Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.