Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home (49483 Views)

COVID-19: TVC Does Documentary On Patients Being Treated At IDH, Yaba, Lagos / Akin Abayomi: COVID-19 Patients Being Upset At The Start Of Isolation Is Normal / "I Had Ulcer, Doctor Touched My Breasts And Vagina At A Lagos Hospital" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by SweetCunt97(f): 2:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
zexy2030:

to meet another woman to quarantine for 14days.
For real? That's cold. She wey born 5 kids suppose get back up plan naw.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
franchasng:
Even though I subscribe to Seun's thought and idea, I must confess that you spoke professionally and it made lots of sense.

Testing capacity should be increased faster, the lockdown should continue but with better welfare packages beyond sharing rice and garri in crowded centers.

The economy will suffer hugely if this lockdown continues for the next 10 days
U stay in South Korea?

We will yarn later.

No country actually locked down properly. When u lock down like that, the economy will freeze. What is worst than coronavirus will happen.

As bad as Spain is,they go out to buy essentials. So also Italy. Some people still work.

Where I am, some people still go to work.
In fact, u can send your children to school if there is nobody to look after them at home. School are constantly asking parents to bring kids in if they are working.

So yeah, Seun is right.
Massive testing, update and follow up is needed.
People need reassurance from the govt.
It's not coming.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by zexy2030(m): 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
SweetCunt97:
my dear she has been suffering in that marriage, the guy brought his mother to live with them, she has been accused many times by his mother that she sleeps around. Last year January, we still called a family meeting to dissolute the marriage, but this Guy's mum no gree o. I taped the voices sef, I can play it for u, if u don't mind. But the man doesn't allow her work, he will stock the house of his mother with food and tell my sister to go there and collect food for the family. the marriage is up to 18yrs now.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by ollypass: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
sapientia:

Seun, kindly stop this.

Your bolded is misleading. You said just by without stating that it also helps.

Massive testing when you know fully well that it will be impossible for a month. We are still planning to increase test labs to 13 by next week to see if we can get 1000-1500 tests daily.

Wearing masks will not help anyone if a carrier who is wearing masks have already used his hand to sneeze. He will simply rub it everywhere.

The lockdown was 100% necessary just that Nigeria have been caused since 1960 that FG and states are foolishly and shamefully begging for donations.

Nigeria can afford masks for every single Nigerian since a month ago without breaking a sweat.

Aside testing kits and Isolation centres which all donated money could take care of, Nigeria should be able to take care of other things.

We are just cursed with looters as leaders that is why this lockdown is challenging but it remains the best option for a country with no health infrastructure.

Nice one
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by THMT: 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
raymi:
Seun, I think you need to do more research about this virus and listen to the experts.

First of all, everything is secondary when it comes to human lives. Business, economy etc. Human lives are priceless. We cannot gamble with human lives because we want Nairaland or other companies to grow or not lose money.

The use of face masks, according to experts doesn't stop the spread of the virus effectively. How do you even think government can enforce face masks and social distancing? Do you think we have the manpower to station law enforcement officials at every nook and cranny of the society? In market places, football centres etc, is it realistic to practice social distancing effectively?

The whole purpose of the lockdown is not only to minimize the spread of the virus effectively but also to ensure that the medical centers designated for treatment of the virus wouldn't be overwhelmed. If everyone contacts the virus at the same time, people would be dying en masse because we don't have enough medical centers. Despite the lockdown, it is still spreading at a high rate and the numbers are growing, how much worse will it be with the use of only facemasks and everyone is still going about their normal businesses?

The companies creating these test kits, most of what they're developing is still experimental at best and the results aren't 100% correct. Keep in mind that most of these companies are just trying to make quick profit so it would be unreasonable to patronize their products. Imagine someone uses the kit and is tested wrongly, and therefore doesn't self-isolate, wouldn't it keep spreading through such people to others?

Medical experts and scientists some of whom have spent their entire lives studying about viral diseases, its prevention, containment etc have recommended self-isolation/quarantine/lockdown to most governments. It is better to follow their guidelines. Stop imagining solutions you think will work when in reality more knowledgeable people on the subject say it wouldn't.

We cannot prevent untimely death in its entirety but it is important to try to minimize it as much as possible. Anything that's taking lives in a short period of time with reckless abandon and spreads like wildfire should not be taken lightly and extreme precautions are necessary.

Having said all this, the main question that should be asked is why the government isn't doing more to sustain poor folks at home. Even if the government says that it doesn't have the means to take care of all its poor citizens, many individuals and companies have donated. If the govt asks for help from foreign countries, there will surely be lots of donations, why are they not making the funds available to the common man during this isolation period? The US made funds available to most citizens earning below $75,000. Our daft governors are sharing eba and soup (which will digest in two hours) when there are better avenues like sending money to the accounts of low earners through their BVN. Asking these questions should be your focus, not undermining the recommendations of renowned medical experts.

Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by AmTruth: 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
Don't worry be asking of kyari, you will soon carry placard like others. Everything must be ridicule and scoffing to you people
illicit:
what of baba kyari
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by illicit(m): 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
AmTruth:
Don't worry be asking of kyari, you will soon carry placard like others. Everything must be ridicule and scoffing to you people
back to ur head.... idiot....
did I comment on your head?
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
Oshigun:
Wishing them all a speedy and full recovery. They are playing their part to show us Covid-19 is not a death sentence while urging us to do the right things.

In the end, it is joint effort from everyone that will see us through. Those who lead and those who are led should act responsibly and sensibly so we all live to fight our problems another day.

You were making sense until you asked we the "Led" to act responsibly. Its all crazy man.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by THMT: 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
You have said it all. People need to understand staying indoors at the moment is the best.
I imported fruits from North Africa but it all got bad at the port over there because the country shut down sea, air and land movements.

The arab fruit seller am sure has been compensated for his loss but I lost everything on this deal and my country do not even know if I exist.
Now he does not communicate with me because he does not want to refund at least some of my losses. Now the point is, when this happened/was happening Nigerian goverment saw it on news but waited until it got to us over here.
I have kids n wife now feeding once a day from hand to mouth due to this corona global lock down but at least there is life.

I pray this ends soonest because its getting from bad to worse.

raymi:
Seun, I think you need to do more research about this virus and listen to the experts.

First of all, everything is secondary when it comes to human lives. Business, economy etc. Human lives are priceless. We cannot gamble with human lives because we want Nairaland or other companies to grow or not lose money.

The use of face masks, according to experts doesn't stop the spread of the virus effectively. How do you even think government can enforce face masks and social distancing? Do you think we have the manpower to station law enforcement officials at every nook and cranny of the society? In market places, football centres etc, is it realistic to practice social distancing effectively?

The whole purpose of the lockdown is not only to minimize the spread of the virus effectively but also to ensure that the medical centers designated for treatment of the virus wouldn't be overwhelmed. If everyone contacts the virus at the same time, people would be dying en masse because we don't have enough medical centers. Despite the lockdown, it is still spreading at a high rate and the numbers are growing, how much worse will it be with the use of only facemasks and everyone is still going about their normal businesses?

The companies creating these test kits, most of what they're developing is still experimental at best and the results aren't 100% correct. Keep in mind that most of these companies are just trying to make quick profit so it would be unreasonable to patronize their products. Imagine someone uses the kit and is tested wrongly, and therefore doesn't self-isolate, wouldn't it keep spreading through such people to others?

Medical experts and scientists some of whom have spent their entire lives studying about viral diseases, its prevention, containment etc have recommended self-isolation/quarantine/lockdown to most governments. It is better to follow their guidelines. Stop imagining solutions you think will work when in reality more knowledgeable people on the subject say it wouldn't.

We cannot prevent untimely death in its entirety but it is important to try to minimize it as much as possible. Anything that's taking lives in a short period of time with reckless abandon and spreads like wildfire should not be taken lightly and extreme precautions are necessary.

Having said all this, the main question that should be asked is why the government isn't doing more to sustain poor folks at home. Even if the government says that it doesn't have the means to take care of all its poor citizens, many individuals and companies have donated. If the govt asks for help from foreign countries, there will surely be lots of donations, why are they not making the funds available to the common man during this isolation period? The US made funds available to most citizens earning below $75,000. Our daft governors are sharing eba and soup (which will digest in two hours) when there are better avenues like sending money to the accounts of low earners through their BVN. Asking these questions should be your focus, not undermining the recommendations of renowned medical experts.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
kellidoo:
We will fight this virus and we will win.....God bless NIGERIA...please Stay at Home if you get food.
just say God should help us, Nigeria can not win corona virus, thats a bitter truth. Medical facilities=0, electricity=0, government intervention to poor=0, Lies and corruption=100% even during corona virus battle. How do think you will win?
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
You have 2 BAGS OF RICE and enough supplies. Where are you talking this RUBBISH from please?

Kylekent59:
So i read on one of the post about some lagosians protesting as a result of hunger due to the lock down by the president.

Some people don't even know what we are in. Countries like US, Russia.... etc, are devising a means to fighting the deadly virus while their citizens stay indoor. Here we are in Nigeria, displaying stupidity.

It is not even like there is a lock down in lagos, because you still see people disobeying the order, you see cars running on the roads, bike riders doing their daily works, and also social distancing is a no no in this country.

Tomorrow someone would wake up and start blaming the president. This presidential work ain't easy, you have to consider many things before making a decision.

Our only hope now is for the scientists to find a cure for this virus, else the rate will keep increasing.

One thing i hate about Nigeria : no unity.

The two week's lock down by the FG is for the good of the country, we all need to endure. Now cases are rising up as a result of the shut down, people who had contracted the virus a week to the shut down are now showing symptoms.

The big question should be, " If the FG hadn't shut down markets, schools, activities...etc, what would Nigeria look like today?"

Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=Franzinni post=88011798]These ones are on holiday .. Haha no wonder Abba kyari say him no dey feel anything at all say he wan come back to office .. That is inside buhari ear![/quote
Buhari ear don finally open?
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Shelumiel: 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
Marketwindow:

I can bet it, you must be an arrogant spoilt guy with some money to cope in this shut down....Wu u elp
I'm sorry if I sounded harsh; my apologies. But the truth be told, its the only logical way to beat this(and by the way, I have little or no money with me; I'm just like you too).
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by donbrowser(m): 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Kylekent59:
So i read on one of the post about some lagosians protesting as a result of hunger due to the lock down by the president.

Some people don't even know what we are in. Countries like US, Russia.... etc, are devising a means to fighting the deadly virus while their citizens stay indoor. Here we are in Nigeria, displaying stupidity.

It is not even like there is a lock down in lagos, because you still see people disobeying the order, you see cars running on the roads, bike riders doing their daily works, and also social distancing is a no no in this country.

Tomorrow someone would wake up and start blaming the president. This presidential work ain't easy, you have to consider many things before making a decision.

Our only hope now is for the scientists to find a cure for this virus, else the rate will keep increasing.

The two week's lock down by the FG is for the good of the country, we all need to endure. Now cases are rising up as a result of the shut down, people who had contracted the virus a week to the shut down are now showing symptoms.

The big question should be, " If the FG hadn't shut down markets, schools, activities...etc, what would Nigeria look like today?"

You don't tell people to stay at home and take a bunch of cash to distribute in Abuja yet you locked down 3 states. Thank God you mentioned foreign countries. Did they tell their citizens to sit at home without providing financial incentives? Just wait and see what happens after this week.
Buhari's actions towards covid-19 are very wrong. He left the borders open for too long letting the rich move freely now you want the poor to sit at home with nothing to feed on. He ain't gonna save lives with his action. He will definetly take lives cos people will commit suicide and many police and army officers will be beaten to death by angry mobs.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by fredopareto(m): 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
Kylekent59:

kip quiet ..d virus ve antidote ..which is Chloroquine..dey re just playing game..shalom
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by SweetCunt97(f): 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
zexy2030:

my dear she has been suffering in that marriage, the guy brought his mother to live with them, she has been accused many times by his mother that she sleeps around. Last year January, we still called a family meeting to dissolute the marriage, but this Guy's mum no gree o. I taped the voices sef, I can play it for u, if u don't mind. But the man doesn't allow her work, he will stock the house of his mother with food and tell my sister to go there and collect food for the family. the marriage is up to 18yrs now.
What kinda mother is that one? Really bad for ur sis though
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by newdawn77(m): 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
LORD, heal the World of covid 19.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Kylekent59: 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
fredopareto:
kip quiet ..d virus ve antidote ..which is Chloroquine..dey re just playing game..shalom

You gat to go learn how to communicate with people.

Zero manner of approach.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by zexy2030(m): 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
SweetCunt97:
What kinda mother is that one? Really bad for ur sis though
honestly planned renting an apartment for her in that state before the family and his mother decided that we can't divide the house when she is alive and yet she is the problem of that home.
This same woman(her mother in-law) had children for 5different men, birth 7 children as a whole but this one seem to care for her more than others.
The last husband she married she had a daughter for him, drove her out as she disagrees to travel with him to his home town to stay permanently.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Splashme: 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2020
zexy2030:

its not the solution o, my sister's husband left her with 5kids for 2wks how will she cope, I could only raise 3k to buy food.
Right now I'm extremely broke n hungry and this just day3.
meeting my neighbours will be like, what were u doing since that u couldn't buy food but I really don't have, na clothe dey cover person secrets.

Sorry, today is day 2
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by zexy2030(m): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
Splashme:

Sorry, today is day 2
I'm in Lagos my friend.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by 0kinographix: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Please stay home please
#staysafe
#stat home

I deliver great designs from my house (smiles)

Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Patients wey de dance: na crase de worry all of una, plus op sad
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by ManLikeBlaize: 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
Tochi2020:
This Corona Virus Of a thing is serious, God help us..

See more here,
https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2020/04/coronavirus-patients-receiving.html?jm=1
Liars
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by AmTruth: 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
You didn't comment on my head,then stop Commenting nonsense when you come online.
illicit:

back to ur head.... idiot....
did I comment on your head?
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by Lordswazz(m): 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
raymi:

Both the lockdown and taking protective measures outside compromises human lives in a poor country. Nigerians will die if the lockdown lasts for months, combined with an astronomical spike in robberies and petty stealing. People will be malnourished and suffer unimaginable hardship if this lockdown should drag on for long in a country as poor as Nigeria; where some people live on day-to-day earnings. Some will rather the virus affects them on a full stomach than pass through excruciating suffering and eventual death (should the lockdown continue). Seun is making a whole lot of sense.
One month into this lockdown and you'll see what i am saying start coming fully into play. The country was already ravaged with poverty before now, and except respite comes soon (in form of a cure or vaccine), three months is enough for chaos to start erupting everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by illicit(m): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2020
AmTruth:
You didn't comment on my head,then stop Commenting nonsense when you come online.
eeeeeh egbami o.... did u buy phone for me, or you sub for me
and how do u define nonsense
you don't have the Monopoly of judgment sir.
I can comment whatever I like, my comment is mine
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by HappyAmInCANADA: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
IF YOU CAN READ THIS PLEASE STAY AT HOME
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by back2sender: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
Russia extended lockdown to 1 month.
Rwanda has extended thier lock down for 2 more weeks.
Nigerians obey lock down rules for una own good.
When the sickness will start, HELL FIRE will be a child's play, if Countries with great hospital facilities are struggling to cope compare to our health system.

Nigerians obey lock down, it's only a person that is alive that will talk of hunger, dead don't know what is hunger.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by zexy2030(m): 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
SweetCunt97:
like I said before that the husband told her to stop working that as she is working she will be seen by different men, thereby making opportunities for her to cheat. I have records of all his words. she definitely doesn't like that kind of life. that's why he brought his mum to stay with them permanently.
Re: Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home by AjayOfficial(m): 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
Seun:
Staying at home is not the answer for a country with so much poverty. There is no point in saving ppl from the Coronavirus only for them to die of hunger and malnutrition and increased crime. The lockdown policy is simply unsustainable. It is at best a temporary measure to enable the government to get it’s act together. It is not a long-term strategy.

There is no country that has beaten the Coronavirus just by asking people to stay at home. The countries that are beating the Coronavirus, China and South Korea, both did 2 things:
1) Massive testing of suspected cases and isolation of infected people.
2) Encouraging everybody to wear face-masks in public to dramatically reduce the rate of transmission, because many carriers of the virus have no symptoms and can still spread it

Those are the key things we need to do. Shutting down the economy will rob us of the financial resources that we need to carry out the measures that actually work. If we actually calculate economic losses for each day that Lagos is closed, we would be shocked.

Just as asking people to abstain from sex to prevent AIDS never worked, but urging them to use condoms worked, asking people to stay at home when they are poor, cannot work. Our government doesn't have the resources to feed everyone until the vaccine is ready. What we need is for people to use a condom for their faces when they have to go out. If 80% of us can wear face-masks, the problem is solved.

Bro it is not just by wearing face mask, if it was dat easy USA won't be in the mess there are right now, have u factored in public door handles, transfer of cash from one hand to another, handshake, stair rails, ATM machines and all, my brother "Stay at home" is the best and surest option to prevent an uncontrollable breakout.. I rest my case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girl Dies After Mother Absconded With N3m Donated For Her Brain Surgery / Top 5 Most Dangerous Drinks Consumed In Lagos / The So-called Toilet Infections In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.