Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man - Crime (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man (107734 Views)

Two Suspected One-Chance Robbers Escape As Mob Tries To Set Them Ablaze / Corper Odume Princess Paschaline Arrested For Killing Man In Akwa Ibom (Graphic) / I Caught Pastor On Top Of My Girlfriend & I Set Them On Fire - Man In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by greatseed: 11:44am On Apr 03, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Funny you, u think army will enter warri and start killing people. Na war be that o. Because people will retaliate.
Thank God you can all see the result barely 24hrs the soilders were attacked, they have ransacked the community & killed several youths already. Now the whole area is silent. Govt dint talk, your traditional rulers dint talk, so pls go ahead n advocate on their behalf, we are waiting 4u the warri hero. U wud soon see video of retaliation, pls we need u now like never b4 to fight for the departed youths. Thanks shocked undecided
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by greatseed: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2020
mysticwarrior:
my brother Odi is a village and occupied by powerless and helpless villagers, Warri is not Odi and Warri people will never be subjected to injustice and oppression, a Warri man is a dangerous warrior by nature who is ready to DIE FOR JUSTIFIED REASONS, I stand with my Warri brothers on this.
Thank God you can all see the result barely 24hrs the soilders were attacked, they have ransacked the community & killed several youths already. Now the whole area is silent. Govt dint talk, your traditional rulers dint talk, so pls go ahead n advocate on their behalf, we are waiting 4u the warri hero. U wud soon see video of retaliation, pls we need u now like never b4 to fight for the departed youths. Thanks shocked undecided
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by greatseed: 11:46am On Apr 03, 2020
Superjazz:

Am ashamed of you if not one thing I would have insulted you,civilians need to have a strong union as them level odi survivals will retaliate and kill more soldiers if it continues like that I bet you these so called army guys will be for peace
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by pawesome(m): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Egoveen:
THE FOOLISH SOLDIERS OF COURSE
see who d talk
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by Nairalandmonika: 12:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
greatseed:
That video is fake, nothing of such happened.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by sparkyJ: 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
I stay in the North, if u know Northerners very well, they are the most difficult set of Nigerians to put under control, but you will never hear of soldiers brutalizing Northerners for any flimsy offence. In Katsina, people burnt down a police station for depriving them of worship due to the same lockdown. Did you hear dat soldier killed anyone? Joseph Pessu's offence doesn't deserve death. I believe there are stipulated penalties for offenders of the lockdown rules. Its only down south such things can happen. Northerners, will never take such from them.

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by KingAzubuike(f): 12:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

So someone is trying to do gra gra without any weapon and you blast his head?
Are u normal, even according to the military rules of engagement, only use weapon to defend yourself not to shot someone doing gra gra. I know the story quite alright and it's still rumors we don't really know what exactly happened but the guy pose no threat to the army. According to info we got he was trying to run away when the army shot him from the back, he fell down n the army shot him again on his head.

Doing gra gra is not enough reason to kill someone.
You obviously know nothing. Even well trained personnel's in the USA face similar situation in Afghanistan and Iraq. You dare not make an attempt to bypass a military checkpoint.

Pls tell me why the idiot decided not to wait when he was flagged down? Is he an armed robber or he carry bomb for moto or what..
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by Nairalandmonika: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:

You obviously know nothing. Even well trained personnel's in the USA face similar situation in Afghanistan and Iraq. You dare not make an attempt to bypass a military checkpoint.

Pls tell me why the idiot decided not to wait when he was flagged down? Is he an armed robber or he carry bomb for moto or what..

Can the US army try that in their own country. The US army only do such in war zone and not inside their country.

Of course he knew he fuçked up for refusing to stop at the army checkpoint that was why he was running.
But no sane soldier will open fire at his citizen in the US like that.
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by Adesolomon2014(m): 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Lol, u talk as if nor be Nigeria you dey. Soldiers have use unnecessary force to killed citizen in this very warri before.

Rules of engagement for you own citizen?

Am just surprise when some of you talk. The guy was unharmed, the soldier shoot him from the back and the head. I am made to understand that those weapon are for self defense. The soldier can only kill when he's life is in danger, but this was not the case.

Over the yrs Nigeria soldiers and police has shown the world are unprofessional they are, so leave that matter.

With this your comment so, I am believing you were there to witness the incident first hand abi?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by forinclay: 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Lol@ warri local government chairman.. haha. And so?.. in military era, a colonel was equivalent to a governor. In today's democracy, a governor cannot even talk to an ordinary captain anyhow. If you don't know, even a warrant officer has enough power to turn that area to a ghost town and the military is so powerful, if they report the situation to their superiors, the worse they'll do is to calm them down because the civilians don cross boundary, they bit more than they could chew.... That soldier was disarmed and almost killed if not for the intervention of sympathizers. If the soldiers overlook it and allow it to die down, theres a probability those people will repeat that kind of nonsense again but if the soldiers teach them a bitter lesson, next time, they'll think twice.

All this powers and yet the same soldiers can't turn sambisa forest into a ghost forest. Goan turn shekau town to ghost town oga warrant officer!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by BBFM: 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
The thing that is unfortunate about the action of the masses is the fact that it was not the soldier that killed that was eventually killed.
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by ElderKollynxman(m): 3:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
Dybala11:

So your stand is that even if any of the members of your household needs emergency medical attention right now you'll leave the individual to die because a stay-at-home order has been issued right Do you know if the young man that was murdered has a good reason not to be at home at that moment, stop making assumptions bro. All I'm against is extrajudicial killings by both sides, the soldier man that was reported to have been lynched is somebody's son too. Two wrongs will never make a right though!

If he has a genuine reason he would have stopped and explained to the security personnels. There are people(big men/chiefs/traditional leaders) in the area that are well known, if the security personnels refuse to believe your story, go to those people and they will find a way around. Not risking your own life.
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by MOVIC6: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Court martialed? Lol you believe too much in fairy tales. You don't understand how the military works, they'll only tell you want they think you want to hear. You'll never know what they're up to. His rifle was stolen, they beat him up to stupor, that can never slide.

Mind you I lived 13 years in the barracks.

you talk like you know better, can you identify yourself please, if not stop disturbing the peace of this noisy forum. what he did was a crime against the constitution and the only way to settle is either he been court-martial or go free. he fired a shot on an unarmed civilian which is a grave crime of murder, because other method could have been used, he wasn't the only sentry on ground...
stop your argument and think before you talk, nothing would be done to the village cos no one would be blamed cos he made the first mistake by breaking the rule of engagement

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by MOVIC6: 3:51pm On Apr 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:

you are arguing out of context and like a teenager, are you sure you are upto 20, cos I don't understand where you are coming from.
did the news said the civilian was armed or was searched, did it say he engaged in gun battle, how do some of you reason here.
we are soldiers like 5 of us and I tell someone to stop and he refused the best option is to rally others for a general beating, what's your justification on shooting unarmed civilian, if am still on regarlia I will remove you brain from your head, cos you are thinking from your anus... please identify yourself if you are a combatant if not please stop making irrational argument
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by KingAzubuike(f): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
MOVIC6:

you are arguing out of context and like a teenager, are you sure you are upto 20, cos I don't understand where you are coming from.
did the news said the civilian was armed or was searched, did it say he engaged in gun battle, how do some of you reason here.
we are soldiers like 5 of us and I tell someone to stop and he refused the best option is to rally others for a general beating, what's your justification on shooting unarmed civilian, if am still on regarlia I will remove you brain from your head, cos you are thinking from your anus... please identify yourself if you are a combatant if not please stop making irrational argument
Listen to yourself again and ask who's the teenager. Lol get busy kid.
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by mysticwarrior(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
greatseed:
you sounded like a pitiable fellow mesmerized and outmanoeuvred to accept deceit from a lying media source, your claims are completly wrong and if you really want to get the true story, go to Ugbuwangwe community in Warri to verify and comeback to give us a feedback as an eye witness reporter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by Superjazz: 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
greatseed:
Stop talking like a foolish man,evil multiply when the good people are silent,they choose to be cowarded by soldiers so be it, and I am not warri hero mind you nothing concern me with warri or naija because as soon as my targets are achieved I don japa leave naija for you and your fellow APC PRP and army men members to enjoy grin
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by Dybala11(m): 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
ElderKollynxman:

If he has a genuine reason he would have stopped and explained to the security personnels. There are people(big men/chiefs/traditional leaders) in the area that are well known, if the security personnels refuse to believe your story, go to those people and they will find a way around. Not risking your own life.
That's true sha, staying safe at this period is of the utmost importance.
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by Iamswitch(m): 4:49am On Apr 05, 2020
What if it was your brother that was killed..will you just sit at home and do nothing?

KingAzubuike:
Same idiots that beat up taskforce officials yesterday must have felt they could take their game to a whole new level by confronting and challenging a soldier. Well ,you can kill him but just know that when you're back to your senses, it's an action you'll regret forever.

You kill one, they come back with a thousands and everything in that community will pay for it. Not even the houseflies will be spared.

By the way something about these warri people is that the slogan "warri no dey carry last" has gotten into their heads for so many years. Reason why they always try to form baddoo /gangster in anything. They never jam yet.

Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by openmine(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Oga situations like this people are always quick to play the blame game without getting to the root of the story. I saw pictures of his battered Toyota Camry online. Report has it that he was first flanked down by the police, he refused to to stop then they notified the soldiers ahead. Still he was still playing fast and furious. They shot his tires then approached him, still he was trying to do gra gra. No time bro, they blasted his head. Same thing I would have done if I was the soldier. That cannot be tolerated.
Saying you are callous for such insensitive and unguarded statement highlighted above is putting it lightly or being economical with words!
So an unarmed civilian was protesting and rather than hand him to the police,without thinking,the demented and irresponsible berk in military uniform blasted the guy in his head and you arrogantly support such actions without any form of sympathy!
People like you give these cowards in uniform so much privilege to misbehave!
Why not ask the same soldier to be posted at bornu and try such against a bokoharam member...smh angry angry angry
Re: Lockdown: Warri Protesters Mob Soldiers, Try To Set Them Ablaze For Killing Man by Pwhitelaw(m): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2020
doggedfighter:

Share a little snippets
You seem to know something
..The snippet has been reveal already....Rip Abba kyari

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Two Lesbians Caught In Ondo, Molested By unKnown Men / Forgive Me - Akwa Ibom State University Student In Viral Sex Tape Apologizes / Girl Who Resembles Actor In Jos Sex Video Faces Hostility (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.