Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians (47040 Views)

Edwin Clark: Mamman Daura Is Cabal Leader In Aso Rock, Garba Shehu Is Errand Boy / 'Garba Shehu Is A Clown' - Reno Omokri Counters This Garba Shehu's Statement / Reno Omokri : Garba Shehu Is Dishonest, Blame Oriented And Morally Pliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Ayoefa: 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
I respect the prof but he goofed on this one. I should just take the constructive criticism and be quiet.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Butoneday2(m): 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:
garba is a woefully bantering troglodyte and a preposterous acidly acrimonious abomination of humanity
I like you grin grin
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by degamemaster(m): 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
I will not insult wole soyinka because of one reason but I will advise him to apologise to Nigerians for helping to bring this calamity upon innocent Nigerians.

As for garbage shieghu, God will visit and disgrace him in a way he will not comprehend.

Femi adesina will not die a peaceful death for always saying lies and selling his soul to the devil.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by daddio(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:
garba is a woefully bantering troglodyte and a preposterous acidly acrimonious abomination of humanity

grin grin

Mak I kukuma leave town for una

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by prinsam30: 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:

lavisha my gurl, Pls take it easy, I can feel ur pain
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Butoneday2(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
Racoon:
Even Soyinka himself too was also once an APC paid propaganda machine.The difference now is that the same system he supported failed to allow him partake in the spoil of the charade.
Gbam, means confirmed
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by okorezo: 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:
Oga prof, with due respect sir, you are an authority in your field. Medicine is not your field of study. The situation at hand is not about who is being paid for whatever reason. It is also not about trading of words. It is about the safest approach to save lives. Sir, in this case, a 400 level medical student is of more relevance than you. I'm sure you know it. So, oga prof, leave matter where e dey. If you have any contributions, don't hesitate, but if non, pls shut the fvck up.
Mr doctor or miss doctor which ever way, the problem that most of us have in this country is lack of understanding, u better read carefully before u start fooling your self with little knowledge of yours.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Donte2845: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
He Soyinka, what does he has to offer considering the present reality of things, what alternative does he have? Most Nigerians are just full of criticism without actually advancing any proper advice. Let's appreciate ongoing efforts and pray we come out of this scourge quickly.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Guestlander: 5:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:
Oga prof, with due respect sir, you are an authority in your field. Medicine is not your field of study. The situation at hand is not about who is being paid for whatever reason. It is also not about trading of words. It is about the safest approach to save lives. Sir, in this case, a 400 level medical student is of more relevance than you. I'm sure you know it. So, oga prof, leave matter where e dey. If you have any contributions, don't hesitate, but if non, pls shut the fvck up.

Did Soyinka ever claim to be a doctor? You have no idea what Soyinka is talking about, Shehu Garba doesn't seem to understand as well. SMH for poor education.
The other day, a senator couldn't pronounce Corona virus, calling it coronavises!
How can you even join issues with people who doesn't know what the issues are?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by jaxxy(m): 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
U guys said the president was missing and governors where exercising Presidential powers. Now the president has come to exercise his presidential powers una they complain again?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by kunletexs: 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
Sir, if we are to ignore the comment of wole; can we ignore the message of the stomach.

Your counterpart are giving out money, food items in other nation. What you are doing is to stop movement and no palliative measures put in place by same government.
But the senators could be buying cars for themselves.

May worst than Corona Virus affect all of you. Useless idiot
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by SaintLucia: 5:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
eni4real:

A Nobel prize winner is pained because a Nonentity, ignorantly call him a Fiction writer??
If Italy, Spain, Germany, USA, Saudi, UK, India are telling their people to lockdown and stay safe, I see no reason why Nigeria should not do the same. The same pain and FICTION WRITER asking people to ignore the lockdown will be the same person to criticize the government if things go out of control which we don't pray for. The thing pain prof that's why he replied. No be everything be politics, the FICTION WRITER was only criticising without offering any solution neither has he contributed money nor relief materials.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Microfels: 5:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:

You are as dumb as you are clueless. The issue Wole Soyinka raised was not a medical one but a civic, legal and commonsense one. Buhari lacks the legal or moral authority to just lock down the country without recourse to some procedures. He could have liaised with state governors to chart an acceptable way forward without arrogating powers alien to the constitution to himself.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by AnanseK(m): 5:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
Iamgrey5:
While your accusations on the Apc government might be highly debatable depending on who you are taking to, one cannot deny the role Prof Soyinka has played in shaping the Nigerian civil society.

He has been to prison multiple times and have spoken out against multiple governments. Hence, I don't think you being fair on him.

Being in Prison many times is not good for CV.

But I know that Prof. used to write good mainly fictional stories in English.

Although only few people understand his stories because of the difficult archaic English.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by OgaTheTop2: 5:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:
Easy madam, easy.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Xano(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Prof Wole Soyinka - Garba Shehu, a paid errand voice
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Herdsmen:
Wailing getting louder..

Tunde Tinubu Soyinka ... all wailing!

Who Dey flog this folks like this grin e loud no be small cheesy

The carry cane com for 5% .. na dem still they collect..

Wasn’t Uhuru as they thought.. See Prof wailing..

Mesef still believe am small..

Walahi 2023 go make little sense.
Aswear 2023 go make sense small o, na the talk be that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by ddippset(m): 5:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Guide777:
Though Shehu Garbage is a Political Asslicker and Paid Propagandist , I think the way he handed this issue was classic . He said Professor Soyinka is not a Medical expert - which is true. Secondly, he advised Baba to make contribution through his own field of literature by writing a Play. I wouldn't ask for a better response if he is my media officer.
lol

Aswear Garba's initial response to Prof was a classic response.

The thing enter well well.

That's why Prof came out to respond.

Prof should start preparing to write a play after this corona is over.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Guestlander: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
jaxxy:
U guys said the president was missing and governors where exercising Presidential powers. Now the president has come to exercise his presidential powers una they complain again?

Countries are not run like your village council. Each level of government have their own clearly defined roles and powers. It is perfectly legitimate to ask questions if it appears one level of government is acting outside of what is constitutionally allowed.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Iamgrey5(m): 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
AnanseK:

Being in Prison many times is not good for CV.

But I know that Prof. used to write good mainly fictional stories in English.

Although only few people understand his stories because of the difficult archaic English.
He went to prison because of Biafra and ordinary Nigerians.

So he fought for the civil rights of ordinary Nigerians all his lives.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by meccuno: 5:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Yoruba people always like to Insult their selves with people that cannot measure up to them academically or achievement wise. Why would a man as learned as Wole Soyinka support an uneducated fulani man just because the wants his brother Tinubu to become president? Now his battered image is tarnished the more by individuals that would beg him to talk to the organisers of an international event to allow them seat at the back seat. No matter how educated, Tribalism will always reign supreme in these people.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hahahaha ...

Pa Soyinka has Grammatically Discombobulated Comrade Garba Shehu!

Garba Shehu is a puppet and a nuisance but Soyinka should respect himself. He erred in his initial statement, because you are a respected public figure does not mean you must comment on matters you know nothing about or haven't verified. As a celebrated academic he should know better!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by ddippset(m): 5:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
Microfels:

You are as dumb as you are clueless. The issue Wole Soyinka raised was not a medical one but a civic, legal and commonsense one. Buhari lacks the legal or moral authority to just lock down the country without recourse to some procedures. He could have liaised with state governors to chart an acceptable way forward without arrogating powers alien to the constitution to himself.
Corona is killing people in thousands all over the world and gradually creeping into Nigeria yet some fools like you are still talking about legal authority.

Which one is moral authority again sef.

Now is not the time to start talking about legality.

The President is making sincere efforts to prevent Nigerians from contracting and dying of this corona disease and you people are still taking nonsense.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Racoon:
Even Soyinka himself too was also once an APC paid propaganda machine.The difference now is that the same system he supported failed to allow him partake in the spoil of the charade.

How can anyone say Soyinka was a paid propaganda machine?

This same man was one of those who put pressure on those who refused to allow Jonathan act as president when his boss was ill. He supported Jonathan in 2011, but not in 2015. He supported Buhari in 2015, but not in 2019.

That is the beauty of democracy.

You shouldn't be holding grudges against a man for exercising his rights.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Urchman200: 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Iamgrey5:
While your accusations on the Apc government might be highly debatable depending on who you are taking to, one cannot deny the role Prof Soyinka has played in shaping the Nigerian civil society.

He has been to prison multiple times and have spoken out against multiple governments. Hence, I don't think you being fair on him.
I respect wole soyinka so much because of how he have contributed to Nigeria in different ways, but I don't need someone like u whose job has been to support this clueless administration to tell us .

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
SaintLucia:
If Italy, Spain, Germany, USA, Saudi, UK, India are telling their people to lockdown and stay safe, I see no reason why Nigeria should not do the same. The same pain and FICTION WRITER asking people to ignore the lockdown will be the same person to criticize the government if things go out of control which we don't pray for. The thing pain prof that's why he replied. No be everything be politics, the FICTION WRITER was only criticising without offering any solution neither has he contributed money nor relief materials.
Wole Soyinka is the only Nobel Prize winner in the entire history of Nigeria..

Stop disgracing yourself by calling him a fiction writer!!

It is Nonsense to abuse someone that is seeking clarifications..

He didn't ask that Nonentity called Garba any question, he was directing the question to the President ... and not his PA or Aide!!!

That Aide should watch his disrespectful mouth!!!

He can't talk to his Father like that!!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Dollabiz: 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
Oh
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Iamgrey5(m): 5:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
Urchman200:
I respect wole soyinka so much because of how he have contributed to Nigeria in different ways, but I don't need someone like u whose job has been to support this clueless administration to tell us .
You have obviously mistaken me for someone else.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Ishakam: 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ishakam:
So true
lol
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by MartinsD12(m): 5:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by IYANGBALI: 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:
[s]Oga prof, with due respect sir, you are an authority in your field. Medicine is not your field of study. The situation at hand is not about who is being paid for whatever reason. It is also not about trading of words. It is about the safest approach to save lives. Sir, in this case, a 400 level medical student is of more relevance than you. I'm sure you know it. So, oga prof, leave matter where e dey. If you have any contributions, don't hesitate, but if non, pls shut the fvck up[/s].
super trash
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Guestlander: 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
ddippset:
Corona is killing people in thousands all over the world and gradually creeping into Nigeria yet some fools like you are still talking about legal authority.

Which one is moral authority again sef.

Now is not the time to start talking about legality.

The President is making sincere efforts to prevent Nigerians from contracting and dying of this corona disease and you people are still taking nonsense.

"Now is not the time to talk about legality" Can you believe this bullshit? One day a democratically elected president will lock down your state for some reasons known to him and then tell you this is not the time to talk about legality.
There's a reason why countries have laws and if we not ready to abide by the laws what is the point of having them?
Soyinka was asking a question a reporter would normally ask the president if we had a system like in the US where reporters frequently interact with their president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters / Leah Olusiyi Solomon Knelt And Cried Before President Buhari In Aso Rock. Photos / Obidients Family Party In Manchester, England (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.