Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Queen Of Waka, Salawa Exposes Blackmailer Who Threatened With Nudes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Queen Of Waka, Salawa Exposes Blackmailer Who Threatened With Nudes (329 Views)

Fake Nude Photos: Toke Makinwa Dismisses Scammer/blackmailer Who Threatened Her / Salawa Abeni: Nude Photos And Why I Helped The Blackmailer Release Them / Salawa Abeni Releases Her Nude Pictures To Stop Blackmailer Threatening Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Queen Of Waka, Salawa Exposes Blackmailer Who Threatened With Nudes by Papingo42: 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
Queen of Waka, Salawa exposes blackmailer who threatened with nudes

Queen of Waka, Salawa exposes blackmailer who threatened with nudes
By echotitbits -April 2, 2020066

Nigerian Waka singer, Salawa Abeni
Veteran Nigerian singer Queen Salawa Abeni has exposed an unidentified individual for threatening to upload her nude pictures on the internet.

The 58 years old waka musician, who came to lime light in 1976 with a debut album titled Late General Murtala Ramat Mohammed took to her verified Instagram page to condemn at attempt to blackmail her for money.

Salawa, whose debut album became the first recording by a female artist to sell over a million copies in Nigeria had revealed the blackmail on Wednesday April 1, 2020.

She wrote “I am very disappointed that someone somewhere will try to tarnish my image and threaten to destroy my career of over 45 years. This morning, I received messages from somebody threatening to expose very old pictures of me and in the process, blackmailing me for money.”

She noted that the pictures which the alleged blackmailer claimed to possess could have been taken while on hospital bed or with her partner many years ago.

The queen of Waka pleaded with Nigerians to be careful stating that “our current situation has made people very desperate. I am almost 60 years old, I have worked very hard and made a name for myself for somebody to believe that they can threaten and trample on my feelings, this is very sad.”

Salawa explained that she had uploaded the pictures herself for everyone to see so as not to be bullied by a blackmailer.

“Thank you and God bless you! For you the blackmailer, I refuse to be bullied by you as I’m sure that I’m old enough to be your MOTHER!!, “ she added.

Meanwhile, prominent Nigerians who responded to the call-out have encouraged and praised the Waka crooner for daring to be bold and not yield to intimidation by faceless elements.

Celebrity publisher, Dele Momodu wrote “Blackmailers are usually COWARDS… Well my very dear @officialsalawaabeni”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-b1PRop_d4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

In their reactions, celebrated Nollywood thespians Ajoke Silva and Mercy Aigbe wrote respectively- “Well done girl. You took the power away from the fool” and “Now this is how you do it….. Respect ma! You are an epitome of strength! A Queen in all ramifications! Nothing and no one can bring you down! Sending you lots of love ma.”

In a show of respect and love for Abeni, others advised that the phone number of the faceless individual be reported to the authorities for investigation in a bid to make the blackmailer face the wrath of the law

(1) (Reply)

6 Powerful Ways Of Reducing Body Odour Fast (oya Tell Everybody) / Burna Boy:nigerians Everywhere Should Know That Their Suffering Has Just Started / If You Loved Empire You Will Surely Love This Movie Just Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.