Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,523 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? (742 Views)

Gov. Uzodimma Calls For Repentance & True Service To God. / Why Do You Repent But Yet You Keep Falling, Here Is True Repentance / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by CodeTemplar: 8:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Is planned repentance true repentance?

Some people are aware the action they about to take will require repentance for their salvation to stand but still go ahead to take such actions. When they finally repent their planned repentance, will it qualify as a true one?

Example is a witch/wizard. He knows this evil he is doing will need to be repented of at some point in the future in order to be even with God but still goes ahead to do the evil. Will his/her future repentance qualify as a true one?
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by sunnyfats: 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Why not, What God require is true repentance.
Whether you plan to do it or something forces you to do it......as long as it is genuine.

We were all living in sin before we made a decision to forsake our sins and follow Christ.

We are not the one to forgive, that is why it is not our decision to make....

He said He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy.......

It is well with us
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by CodeTemplar: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
sunnyfats:
Why not, What God require is true repentance.
Whether you plan to do it or something forces you to do it......as long as it is genuine.

We were all living in sin before we made a decision to forsake our sins and follow Christ.

We are not the one to forgive, that is why it is not our decision to make....

He said He will have mercy on whom He will have mercy.......

It is well with us
So if I do witchcraft and damage a life knowing I will still claim repentance, when I finally claim the repentance, it is a genuine one?
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by y3mi(m): 3:50am On Apr 12, 2020
So if a shekarau or an anders berin brevich or an Osama bin ladin hatched an elaborate plan to murder thousands with the intent of repenting thereafter, so those innocent lives are saara, gone like that for as long as the repentance is accepted because an holy book skydaddies is said to have made it so, how religious nuts think shows how abrahamic idols are borne of imagination.

Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by CodeTemplar: 2:19am On Apr 18, 2020
y3mi:
So if a shekarau or an anders berin brevich or an Osama bin ladin hatched an elaborate plan to murder thousands with the intent of repenting thereafter, so those innocent lives are saara, gone like that for as long as the repentance is accepted because an holy book skydaddies is said to have made it so, how religious nuts think shows how abrahamic idols are borne of imagination.
?
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 18, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Some people are aware the action they about to take will require repentance for their salvation to stand but still go ahead to take such actions. When they finally repent their planned repentance, will it qualify as a true one?

Example is a witch/wizard. He knows this evil he is doing will need to be repented of at some point in the future in order to be even with God but still goes ahead to do the evil. Will his/her future repentance qualify as a true one?

The problem is Churchgoers don't know the real meaning of "REPENTANCE"!

A person can't truly repent if your words haven't touched his/her heart {Hebrew 4:12}, that's why we Jehovah's Witnesses keep telling you people that you don't know what preaching and teaching really means!

For instance, there was a time we met a woman during our house to house ministry, she was so friendly until we reached chapter 8 of our brochure Good news from God, the title of that chapter is Why does God allow evil and suffering?

As we finished the study that very day, we wanted to end with prayer as we've been doing with her from chapter 1, but she couldn't hold her tears as she burst out crying on her knees! embarassed

We were so devastated because she has never being like that since we began studying with her, how come this lively woman just burst into tears crying profusely on her knees.

So in my confused state of mind i asked her what happened, her response is
"Please pray for me, i thought i was fighting back the best way i can"

That was the day we realized that she's a witch, and her reason for willingly joining the group was to revenge because she was treated badly by a lady who is wealthy and influential in the society, she said God never came to her rescue when she was crying for help as the lady snatched her man and also sent mobile police officers to beat her and keep her behind bars for three weeks until well meaning neighbours came to bail her! undecided

But now that she's convinced that God has his own way of settling such issues, she's ready to wait for God's judgment!

The elderly JW brother with me consoled her and assured her that God is willing to take her back if she's willing to drop her weapons (anything having to do with witchcraft) and instantly she started running into her room to bring out all the items of covenant with the group. But the elderly JW told her "we've been praying with you for so long, you know how we communicate with our God, so when we leave go into your inner chamber, kneel and pray, open your heart and pour everything to Jehovah, don't worry about the group the Almighty God will take care of them, just be determined to disassociate yourself from that group and make your decision known to God, he will strengthen you"

It was later that she revealed how the lady has paid dearly for snatching her man and intimidating her, but as she had been taught in the churches before, she asked if it's proper to go and confess to the lady all the agony she inflicted on her. But the JW brother told her that it's not necessary unless the other lady also becomes a true Christian, otherwise she will take it up from there again after knowing the source of all her troubles!

So did the witch truthfully repented or was she just pretending? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by CodeTemplar: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2020
Maximus69:

The problem is Churchgoers don't know the real meaning of "REPENTANCE"
Check this out:

2 Corinthians 7:10. godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of....
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 19, 2020
y3mi:
Has you wailing change anything?
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Check this out:

2 Corinthians 7:10. godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of....

It simply means when you feel bad after hearing what God's word had to say about the condition of your figurative heart {Act 2:37} the next thing is taking steps to make amendments which will yeild what's benefitial! Act 2:41 compare to Matthew 5:4 smiley
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Repentance is different from asking for forgiveness.

Repentance in this context simply means consciously turning away from evil deeds unto righteousness. Someone who deliberately jump into sin without recourse is just being stubborn.

Even though he received forgiveness, he will suffer the consequences of his actions. Example is king david.
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
y3mi:

So what is your opinion being irrelegious?
Yo believes in law of retribution?
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by CodeTemplar: 9:33am On May 17, 2020
FreelanceRebel:

Repentance is different from asking for forgiveness.

Repentance in this context simply means consciously turning away from evil deeds unto righteousness. Someone who deliberately jump into sin without recourse is just being stubborn.

Even though he received forgiveness, he will suffer the consequences of his actions. Example is king david.
Repentance to me when planned before the act to be repented of, isn't true repentance and as 2 Cor 7:10 puts it, such repentance leads to destruction.
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:
So if I do witchcraft and damage a life knowing I will still claim repentance, when I finally claim the repentance, it is a genuine one?

That has become perpetual sin in which you already know its a sin but you deliberately do with the plans of repenting afterwards. You're only deceiving yourself as God cannot be mocked.

I may not really be able to do justice to this question but let me try.
If and when you repent and God forgives you, you will surely pay for that sin with some measure of punishment. Take the case of David, when he deliberately sent out uriah to war front so he can get killed and then took over his wife. Even though he later repented, God still made sure he paid by allowing the child to die despite several pleas from him. David knew what he was doing was wrong but went ahead prolly hoping to escape through repentance.

Let's be careful. God searches our hearts and our motives behind all we do. So in such a case, there's always a pay back you'll suffer as a result.
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On May 17, 2020
CodeTemplar:

If what you mean by repentance/salvation is summarized in the list below, then what you have is not genuine but the world's version of what it means to be saved.

• Confess Jesus as your Lord, including His having the authority to forgive sins that you repent of.
• Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose again from the dead.
• Call on His Name in sincere faith and repentance for your sins.
• And (vs. 13) you “will be saved”!

Jesus was clear in the gospels on what anyone who wants to become his follower would need to do. And He also followed that by saying that "If you love me, You will keep my commands". So anyone who does not obey that which Christ has commanded, but chooses instead to go with the world's generic formula for Christianity, is still of the world(the Truth, that is Christ Jesus, does not live on the inside of such a person).
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by CodeTemplar: 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If what you mean by repentance/salvation is summarized in the list below, then what you have is not genuine but the world's version of what it means to be saved.

Jesus was clear in the gospels on what anyone who wants to become his follower would need to do. And He also followed that by saying that "If you love me, You will keep my commands". So anyone who does not obey that which Christ has commanded, but chooses instead to go with the world's generic formula for Christianity, is still of the world(the Truth, that is Christ Jesus, does not live on the inside of such a person).
Irrelevant facts as usual.
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Kobojunkie: 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Irrelevant facts as usual.
At least you admits I presented there the facts. Now, whether you think them relevant to your experience or not is something else. After all, there are over a billion believers out there who also think what Jesus Christ commanded is of little relevance to their "Christian" experience.
Repentance of the kind that does not include obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ means will lead one to Hell in the end, so what good is such repentance, true or planned? undecided
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by CodeTemplar: 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
At least you admits I presented there the facts. Now, whether you think them relevant to your experience or not is something else. After all, there are over a billion believers out there who also think what Jesus Christ commanded is of little relevance to their "Christian" experience.
Repentance of the kind that does not include obedience to the commandments of Jesus Christ means will lead one to Hell in the end, so what good is such repentance, true or planned? undecided
@bold, a føol is what you are for trying to pass off a sensitive question as "my experience".
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Aha! Can Anyone Deceive The Lord?
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
CodeTemplar:

@bold, a føol is what you are for trying to pass off a sensitive question as "my experience".
a sensitive question? Really?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by pozehnani(f): 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Lol.. very funny.
I don't know why I find this funny though. Leave them to God to judge is all I can say.
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
There is nothing like "planned repentance"

To repent connotes developing a heavy heart due to your past actions that you now abhor after realizing how detestable and contemptible such actions are!
Witches and wizards are not examples of people who knew something better, they are simple people like you and i who can't bear the injustices in the world anymore so they were lured into the cult groups in a bid to revenge against those they can't handle publicly or in the law court. The cult promises them that they will surely get justice in their midst and give them powers to hurt those hurting them.
They don't feel any remorse doing this until they meet a true Christian who preached to them about Jesus and his Kingdom, Jesus will surely set all matters straight in God's kingdom but how many people are ready to endure until then? Matthew 24:13
That's what true Christianity can mean for you! smiley
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by CodeTemplar: 12:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
There is nothing like "planned repentance"

To repent connotes developing a heavy heart due to your past actions that you now abhor after realizing how detestable and contemptible such actions are!
Witches and wizards are not examples of people who knew something better, they are simple people like you and i who can't bear the injustices in the world anymore so they were lured into the cult groups in a bid to revenge against those they can't handle publicly or in the law court. The cult promises them that they will surely get justice in their midst and give them powers to hurt those hurting them.
They don't feel any remorse doing this until they meet a true Christian who preached to them about Jesus and his Kingdom, Jesus will surely set all matters straight in God's kingdom but how many people are ready to endure until then? Matthew 24:13
That's what true Christianity can mean for you! smiley
This hour answer enh. . . no kingdom divided against itself can stand.
Re: Is Planned Repentance True Repentance? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Is

There was no one in the Bible who planned to repent in the future that was successful eg Adam, Eve, Cain, Saul, Esau etc

God shall not be mocked, the evil shall not go unpunished.

(1) (Reply)

Vatican Archbishop Writes Trump And Exposes The Jewish ZOG / Reincarnation Threads Of Fate And Karma / The Wedding Clothes: Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.