Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Mechanic Roundtable - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Roundtable (73426 Views)

Fakuade, Taiwo Ojo, Others To Speak On Ekiti Knowledge Zone At Efa Roundtable / Mechanic Roundtable Talk For Master Brake & ABS / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Sualcatnas(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Good day, if you’ve a 4plug Engine, I’d strongly suggest that the first O2 sensor(oxygen)(sensor 1 bank 1) (the one on exhaust manifold near the engine) is checked for proper function, you could have a code for it’s malfunction stored in your engine control module(brainbox). Further more, check for vaccum air leak ( intake manifold, pvc). Lastly run a scan on the engine control module and post it here.

Regards

MGDIMA4:
My Mazda consume too much fuel, with 12 liters I only drive for 60 kilometers.
I cleaned MAP, service injectors but no avail

Please what should I do?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by MGDIMA4: 8:10pm On Jun 20, 2020
Blackbishop:

Good day sir, from my experience I can tell you to check your catalyst converter or O2 sensors
Thank u I will do that
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by MGDIMA4: 8:12pm On Jun 20, 2020
Sualcatnas:
Good day, if you’ve a 4plug Engine, I’d strongly suggest that the first O2 sensor(oxygen)(sensor 1 bank 1) (the one on exhaust manifold near the engine) is checked for proper function, you could have a code for it’s malfunction stored in your engine control module(brainbox). Further more, check for vaccum air leak ( intake manifold, pvc). Lastly run a scan on the engine control module and post it here.

Regards

Thank u

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2020
Good day, hope you all had a wonderful night?

I will be talking about 'parasitic draw'. This is the situation where you park your car overnight and the next day your battery is down.

The process of starting a car takes a lot of battery power which will be restored by the alternator while driving.

But in the situation of having constant dead battery there are few things that might cause that

1. Your battery connections are loose or corroded

2. Parasitic draw/drain - This is when the light in these compartments are lite, like glove box compartment, trunk, doors, walk home light, interior and many more are malfunctioning. In fact your smoke port do cause the harm too.

3. The battery isn't charging while driving. This can be dicey cause your alternator maybe failing without you knowing.

4. Your battery is low or faulty or getting old. Mostly replace and you are good to go.

From this you have to let an electrical Technician run a diagnosis to determine the cause before you engaged Kazeem and start changing unnecessary parts.

B-Automobile Nigeria Limited
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by taiocruise1991: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
Blackbishop:
Good day house this is Ayodele Bishop of B-Automobile Nigeria Limited. We are going to be attending to car problems and giving out ideas and we will be dropping tips on car maintenance.

Oga blackbishop, I have a problem with my Peugeot 406, it fails sometimes to supply fuel and the fuel gauge doesn't work anymore thereby giving problem of restarting the engine..again the engine brings out black smoke but doesn't consume fuel than I notice..... please and please help a soul sir.. thanks
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
taiocruise1991:
[color=#000099][/color]

Oga blackbishop, I have a problem with my Peugeot 406, it fails sometimes to supply fuel and the fuel gauge doesn't work anymore thereby giving problem of restarting the engine..again the engine brings out black smoke but doesn't consume fuel than I notice..... please and please help a soul sir.. thanks

Good day boss, have you run diagnosis first?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by nonhuman(m): 8:50am On Jun 25, 2020
My engine stalls when in idle speed but will start again if i ignite again what could be the cause
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by taiocruise1991: 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2020
Blackbishop:

Good day boss, have you run diagnosis first?

No sir, I haven't done.
I stay in Abuja GWAGWALADA to be precise I don't have idea on where to scan and how much it'll cost
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
taiocruise1991:

No sir, I haven't done.
I stay in Abuja GWAGWALADA to be precise I don't have idea on where to scan and how much it'll cost

There is a guy on nairaland that advertises scanning of cars at Abuja. Check him out on car section. The code will allow me to give possible solution.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by taiocruise1991: 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
Blackbishop:

There is a guy on nairaland that advertises scanning of cars at Abuja. Check him out on car section. The code will allow me to give possible solution.
Thanks sir
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by NokiaN8(m): 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
please which other car power steering pump can I use to replace my BMW E36 power steering pump. the engine is four cylinder, M42 engine.. I need a cheap and good power steering pump of another car, please suggest
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by glambo(m): 8:48pm On Jun 26, 2020
MGDIMA4:
My Mazda consume too much fuel, with 12 liters I only drive for 60 kilometers.
I cleaned MAP, service injectors but no avail

Please what should I do?

Same with me my 03 Camry does 68km with 12litre using AC

My temp is always in the middle all the time
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by sultaan(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
glambo:

Same with me my 03 Camry does 68km with 12litre using AC

My temp is always in the middle all the time

That is a terrible number for a normal daily driver it mean 3 litres only get you 40 mile rate is about 13mpg now if you are actually doing 60 miles, it is close to normal for 20 mpg, but it can be better through state of road road, and tune up
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by glambo(m): 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
sultaan:

That is a terrible number for a normal daily driver it mean 3 litres only get you 40 mile rate is about 13mpg now if you are actually doing 60 miles, it is close to normal for 20 mpg, but it can be better through state of road road, and tune up

Yes I do an average of 13mpg.
By it should be about 20mpg.

What could b the problem.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Malix: 10:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good day people.
Pls how much can I get Honda pilot (2004) engine?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Malix:
Good day people.
Pls how much can I get Honda pilot (2004) engine?

Best bet get to ladipo and walk round. Alot of baranda plenty without guarantee of mint condition.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
glambo:

Yes I do an average of 13mpg.
By it should be about 20mpg.

What could b the problem.

A lot could actually caused it from O2 sensors, to bad air flow to faulty catalyst converter to clogged or dirty air filter... So boss scan and lets know where to tackle the issue.

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by gbemsone(f): 10:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
please how much is honda accord 05 Backlight ,,,and front light
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:20am On Jun 28, 2020
gbemsone:
please how much is honda accord 05 Backlight ,,,and front light

No idea sir
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Dchair2: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
Hello, please I need some help, my 010 BMW X6, has the check engine light on and on the console it displays FULL ENGINE POWER NO LONGER AVAILABLE. POSSIBLE TO CONTINUE JOURNEY. when I did a scan it showed a faulty fuel rail pressure switch, please can you recommend a good BMW technician to help fix the problem? 08186592677
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:19am On Jul 06, 2020
Dchair2:
Hello, please I need some help, my 010 BMW X6, has the check engine light on and on the console it displays FULL ENGINE POWER NO LONGER AVAILABLE. POSSIBLE TO CONTINUE JOURNEY. when I did a scan it showed a faulty fuel rail pressure switch, please can you recommend a good BMW technician to help fix the problem? 08186592677

Good day sir,
Where do you reside?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
My Vehicle Won't Accelerate.

If your Vehicle won’t accelerate, it's a serious cause for concern. There are a lot of different reasons that can cause this. Diagnosing the issue can be narrowed down by whether the engine is still revving when you push the gas or not.

Possible Causes l: Won’t Accelerate: RPMS Shifts
1. Transmission Fluid Low
Possible low transmission can cause this and not engine. When you have a low fluid that only power the the torque converter and can't pass the pressure to rear wheel.

2. Bad torque converter
If the torque converter is bad, then no power to the transmission.

3. Broken Drive/Axle Shaft
If you have a broken shaft there is no way the transmission can power the wheel

4. Bad Transmission

Possible Cause: Won’t Accelerate: RPMS Stays Put

1. Clogged Catalytic Converter

2. Bad Fuel Filter

3. Timing Chain or Belt

4. Bad Mass Air Flow Sensor

In conclusion due to multiple possible cause, it is better to diagnose and narrow down the real cause.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by mgdimagaladima(m): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sualcatnas:

Regards

thank u very much
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Dchair2: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
Blackbishop:

Good day sir,
Where do you reside?
Good day sir, thanks for your response, I live in Lagos, Ipaja precisely
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
Dchair2:
Good day sir, thanks for your response, I live in Lagos, Ipaja precisely

Good sir, my workshop is at oshodi

4 Temidire Mafoluku Oshodi
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by pufframmy: 2:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
i need Cramp for my Stabilizer Rod for corolla 2001 model
Blackbishop:

Good sir, my workshop is at oshodi

4 Temidire Mafoluku Oshodi
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
pufframmy:
i need Cramp for my Stabilizer Rod for corolla 2001 model

Good day sir, am sorry but do you mean the linkage?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
Good day house, I will like to share another update about a fault code that was tackled today.

How do you feel when you match on your gas pedal and your RPM was not responding?

That was the issue with a Hyundai SantaFe 2007 I have here, it was scanned and the fault codes are
P2135
P1295
P2106
P0638

All these codes are related to the same Throttle Position Sensor. In some version the Acceleration Pedal Position Sensor too can be at fault.

After the code was diagnosed I remove the Throttle Body entirely and replaced with another one and the code was cleared and the car was back to optimal working conditions.

Symptoms of A Bad Throttle Position Sensor
1. Car won't accelerate, lacks power when accelerating, or accelerates itself.

Engine won't idle smoothly, idles too slowly, or stalls. ...

Car accelerates, but won't exceed a relatively low speed, or shift up. ...

Check Engine Light comes on, accompanied by any of the above behaviors.

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by victoreyefia(m): 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
Blackbishop:
Good day house, I will like to share another update about a fault code that was tackled today.

How do you feel when you match on your gas pedal and your RPM was not responding?

That was the issue with a Hyundai SantaFe 2007 I have here, it was scanned and the fault codes are
P2135
P1295
P2106
P0638

All these codes are related to the same Throttle Position Sensor. In some version the Acceleration Pedal Position Sensor too can be at fault.

After the code was diagnosed I remove the Throttle Body entirely and replaced with another one and the code was cleared and the car was back to optimal working conditions.

Symptoms of A Bad Throttle Position Sensor
1. Car won't accelerate, lacks power when accelerating, or accelerates itself.

Engine won't idle smoothly, idles too slowly, or stalls. ...

Car accelerates, but won't exceed a relatively low speed, or shift up. ...

Check Engine Light comes on, accompanied by any of the above behaviors.

Have this same issue with my Honda civic 2006. How much can I get the throttle body?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
victoreyefia:

Have this same issue with my Honda civic 2006. How much can I get the throttle body?

Boss I dont know, for this particular car it cost 25k for complete. Just to give you idea boss

Scan first before concluding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Made In Nigeria, Innoson Saloon Car Seen In Apapa, Lagos (photo) / Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) / Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.