Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! (447 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by Ebony7: 2:27am On Apr 03, 2020
Now that cv-19 lockdown/social distancing has made congregating virtually impossible, where does a tithe-paying believing christian pay his tithe?
I won't waste much time, hence the bullet points.

1. Where should u pay ur tithe?
**Malachi 3:10
"Bring ye all d tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house,.....

2. Where is God's house?
Apart from his house made with bricks and cement, d scriptures shows there's ANOTHER house of God, albeit made of flesh and blood:

**John 2:21
[i]But he spake of the temple of his body.

**1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Now that we know there are indeed two different types of God's temple, why do we so focus or why have we been 'programmed' by many MOGs to consider the 'house of stone' as the ONLY temple of God while neglecting d more valuable one- d house made of flesh and blood ie d poor?

3. Can giving tithe to the poor be tenable b4 God?
#millionDollarQuestion!
Let's see what d scriptures say:

**Proverbs 19:17
He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
Paraphrased: "If you give to your fellow man (esp d poor), u have given to God"

Conclusion: Without dissuading anyone from paying their tithes to churches (via pastors), we shd also not forget that ur fellow man is also a 'church/temple' of God, therefore ALSO qualifies to receive that tithe!
Lets look around us and be a source of blessing esp now dt the poor/jobless now find themselves in worse conditions because of d lockdown.

Brick and stone cannot inherit d kingdom of God o, it is dt ur fellow man whom Jesus died for that will! Ehn-ehn! angry

1 Like

Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by tripplephi: 3:46am On Apr 03, 2020
Ebony7:
Now that cv-19 lockdown/social distancing has made congregating virtually impossible, where does a tithe-paying believing christian pay his tithe?
I won't waste much time, hence the bullet points.

1. Where should u pay ur tithe?
**Malachi 3:10
"Bring ye all d tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house,.....

2. Where is God's house?
Apart from his house made with bricks and cement, d scriptures shows there's ANOTHER house of God, albeit made of flesh and blood:

**John 2:21
[i]But he spake of the temple of his body.

**1 Corinthians 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Now that we know there are indeed two different types of God's temple, why do we so focus or why have we been 'programmed' by many MOGs to consider the 'house of stone' as the ONLY temple of God while neglecting d more valuable one- d house made of flesh and blood ie d poor?

3. Can paying tithe to the poor be tenable b4 God?
#millionDollarQuestion!
Let's see what d scriptures say:

**Proverbs 19:17
He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
Paraphrased: "If you give to your fellow man (esp d poor), u have given to God"

Conclusion: Without dissuading anyone from paying their tithes to churches (via pastors), we shd also not forget that ur fellow man is also a 'church/temple' of God, therefore ALSO qualifies to receive that tithe!
Lets look around us and be a source of blessing esp now dt the poor/jobless now find themselves in worse conditions because of d lockdown.

Brick and stone cannot inherit d kingdom of God o, it is dt ur fellow man whom Jesus died for that will! Ehn-ehn! angry

EVEN if TITHING is scriptural.... are you a JOKER?

is every one a LEVITE?

DO YOU NOT HAVE A COPY OF THE BIBLE?

IS EVERYONE A PRIEST? Why did the bible not show them giving themselves TITHES since they are all the TEMPLE OF GOD..... (pls your ignorance is scripturally irritating.)

All you people who try to abate and diminish givings... DONT YOU KNOW that ALMS is scriptural? Must it be TIIIIITHHHEEE..... ehn...hypocrites....

GIVING TO YOUR MAN OF GOD IS VERY SCRIPTURAL... must it be TITHE??

what has happened to this generation who won't study their bibles well before talking. kai

Jesus says THE POOR YOU WOULD ALWAYS HAVE AMONGST YOU, do you really think you can OUTGIVE POVERTY?

Do you really think the POVERTY IN THE WORLD can EVER be solved.... if your Jesus, your greatest PROPHET from God says it won't then why are you sweating on it...

OYEDEPO whom you all castigate actually gives and does not blow his trumpet...

SULEMAN who has been scandalized for too many times, actually gives,

ADEBOYE gives like mumu.... and just gave for corona virus....

PAUL ENENCHE and many others....

If there are fake pastors... what about you fake members.... see abeg, use your time at home to pray and really seek God because in SPEAKING FOR GOD, you may be speaking against Him.

If with all the scriptures you quote, you still lack UNDERSTANDING... that GOD IS A GOD OF ORDER, LAWS AND PRECEPTS... then you should not suggest how TITHE should be given... just go and get busy with what God called you to this world to do.

CORRECTING MEN OF GOD(even the false ones) was NOT given as a MINISTRY or RESPONSIBILITY to anyone.

In the same BIBLE, Minding your business is still very much scriptural.

THIS HAS TO STOP.
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by Ebony7: 4:19am On Apr 03, 2020
@tripplephi

1. I am not against tithe paying, let's sort dt out first!
2. I'm not against men of God, I'm only stating facts: church is not only d building where Christians worship, but also d Christian himself. Or u disagree?
3. I'm not against paying of tithes in/to d church, and u can see dt from my post.

I will ask u just 2 very basic questions:
(1) if u are on ur way to church to pay ur tithe (and dt is d only money on u) and u come across an accident victim in dire need of money for treatment else he dies, what will u do? Tell him "it is well" and move on like d parable of d good Samaritan?
(2) If u have ppl in ur street knocking on ur door for assistance in feeding (esp during ds cv19 period) and d only money on u is ur tithe, what would u do? Tell them "it is well" and bolt the door?

Jesus was confronted with a similar scenario when he healed d man with d withered hand on d sabbath day which was unlawful based on d mosaic law. Jesus too could've turned a blind eye as u are implying in ur 'thesis'.

Matthew 12:10-12
"And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days

May God give us d wisdom to do d NEEDFUL when we have to.
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by ican2020: 4:28am On Apr 03, 2020
People who refused to migrate from the law to grace are under a curse, Galatians chapters 3, 4 and 5 and read everything in Hebrew 11 to witness a much better life that Jesus Christ brought to us
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by nobone(f): 4:33am On Apr 03, 2020
Sharap you. Talk what you know
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by tripplephi: 4:34am On Apr 03, 2020
bros since you believe in tithes.... let me CORRECT YOUR QUESTIONS WITH ONLY ONE QUESTION so you know your error once and for all

IF YOUR FATHER LET SOME MONEY IN THE HOUSE AND ASKED YOU TO TAKE 90% OF THE MONEY TO BUY YOUR OWN STUFF, AND YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT ALL YOU WANTED TO BUY, BUT YOU HAVE HIS 10% LEFT, THEN THE PEOPLE COME TO YOUR DOOR TO BEG, OR YOU SEE THEM IN THE STREET..... would you give them your FATHER'S 10%

TITHE IS NOT A SUGGESTION.... or a GIFT TO GOD...
it was a TAX that was meant to be paid by Israelites for the sake of the kingdom of God. Every King has a right to a percentage of each of his citizen's income as he deems fit. KING IS NOT A PRESIDENT.

Dont you get that you are looking at TITHE as an option? as a suggestion? pls read your bible well.
IN THE OLD TESTAMENT, not paying tithe was ROBBERY and that means HELL.
It was a serious business.

So remember the parable Jesus gave about the KING who gave his servants MONEY and one of them buried it.... was the guy not thrown out? As long as you do not do EXACTLY as the KING INSTRUCTS YOU TO DO... in the right ORDER and WAY.... your opinion does not COUNT.

SEE, WE DO NOT USE OPINION TO SERVE GOD. Even your children, can not have their own opinion until they are OLDER and have proven obedient to your own LAWS.

This issue of GIVING is simple..... GIVE FROM WHAT IS YOURS..... do not touch the one that belongs to GOD.

TITHE IS NEVER YOURS.... its just freaking 10%, and that is why I would only GIVE from my own cash. Because HONOR is something many of you fail to understand, so you give GOD'S PART to a beggar, then you tell GOD you gave it to a BEGGAR.... and in your small mind, you expect GOD( the only WISE GOD) to smile right? and accept you?

CAIN in bible GAVE FROM HIS HEAD THINKING, What he thought God should manage, BUT ABEL gave from his HEART so generously and you know what happened to CAIN... God did not respect CAIN and his offering because Cain did not first RESPECT GOD.

Ebony7:
@tripplephi

1. I am not against tithe paying, let's sort dt out first!
2. I'm not against men of God, I'm only stating facts: church is not only d building where Christians worship, but also d Christian himself. Or u disagree?
3. I'm not against paying ur tithes in/to d church, and u can see dt from my post.

I will ask u a very basic question:
(1) if u are on ur way to church to pay ur tithe (and dt is d only money on u) and u come across an accident victim in dire need of money for treatment else he dies, what will u do? Tell him "it is well" and move on like d parable of d good Samaritan?
(2) If u have ppl in ur street knocking on ur door for assistance in feeding (esp during ds cv19 period) and d only money on u is ur tithe, what would u do? Tell them "it is well" and bolt the door?

Jesus was confronted with a similar scenario when he healed d man with d withered hand on d sabbath day which was unlawful. Jesus too could've turned a blind eye as u are implying in ur 'thesis'.

Matthew 12:10-12
"And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days

May God give us d wisdom to do d NEEDFUL when we have to.
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by Ebony7: 5:03am On Apr 03, 2020
U tried, but I would've loved you to answer the 2 simple questions I asked. 'Answering' a question with a question is flawed.
I'll be expecting u to respond to those 2 questions I asked then we'll be able to continue wt this dialogue. Tnx

Again: to clear d air:
I blv in tithe paying and would never dissuade any one from doing so in his her church.
Nevertheless, we're in ds cv19 pandemonic quagmire for a period only God knows when it will end. America even said it may last up to 6 months (God forbid).
In whatever decisions we take, let's bear in mind that d human soul is d most precious thing on earth and to God himself DT even Jesus chose to be crucified!

In 'serving' dt same God in churches built with bricks must we watch his church (his creation) purchased with d blood of his precious son (Jesus Christ) famish/die?
#FoodForThot!

@tripplephi
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by tripplephi: 6:55am On Apr 03, 2020
Ebony7:
U tried, but I would've loved you to answer the 2 simple questions I asked. 'Answering' a question with a question is flawed.
I'll be expecting u to respond to those 2 questions I asked then we'll be able to continue wt this dialogue. Tnx

Again: to clear d air:
I blv in tithe paying and would never dissuade any one from doing so in his her church.
Nevertheless, we're in ds cv19 pandemonic quagmire for a period only God knows when it will end. America even said it may last up to 6 months (God forbid).
In whatever decisions we take, let's bear in mind that d human soul is d most precious thing on earth and to God himself DT even Jesus chose to be crucified!

In 'serving' dt same God in churches built with bricks must we watch his church (his creation) purchased with d blood of his precious son (Jesus Christ) famish/die?
#FoodForThot!

@tripplephi

I can not MAKE you see the truth bro. TITHE BELONGS TO GOD. And PAYING IT FIRST is the order. So your question was corrected BECAUSE in the comparison of temples... YOUR MAN OF GOD, IS MORE A VESSEL OF GOD than the beggar in the street.

Your staunch belief is why you do not want to see the TRUTH. IF ALL I HAVE IS MY TITHE, EVEN THE HOLYGHOST CAN NOT TELL ME TO PAY IT TO A BEGGAR.

If you do not know that there is no excuse in the spirit, then you are not really ready for Christianity. The HOLYGHOST is the one who can open your eyes to see the severity of each of the levels of giving.

We are NEVER EVER TO SERVE GOD BY OUR OPINION but rather by the word and the Spirit.

its well.
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by Ebony7: 7:34am On Apr 03, 2020
Ebony7:
I will ask u just 2 very basic questions:

^^^^^^
@tripplephi, kindly provide answers to these questions,
Tnx
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by tripplephi: 7:40am On Apr 03, 2020
Ebony7:

^^^^^^
@tripplephi, kindly provide answers to these questions,
Tnx

Bro. stop flogging a dead horse.... I ALREADY GAVE YOU ANSWERS TWICE.

This is a dead topic already.
Re: Corona Lockdown: Where To Pay Your Tithe!!! by Ebony7: 7:46am On Apr 03, 2020
tripplephi:

Bro. stop flogging a dead horse.... I ALREADY GAVE YOU ANSWERS TWICE.

This is a dead topic already.
Sorry brother, u didn't!
All I saw was u trying to hide behind many words.
Anyways tnx for ur time.
Have a wonderful day.

(1) (Reply)

The Coronavirus Pandemic And The Prophecy Of Haggai / Leaked Video Of Ganduje Converting A Christian Girl To Islam Shows Online / The Failed Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.