Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (30857 Views)

Ebenezer Obey's Son, Olayinka, Is Dead / Idowu Philips 'Mama Rainbow' Celebrates 78th Birthday With Stunning Pictures / Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by edo3(m): 8:54am On Apr 03, 2020
R
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by marksleek25: 8:54am On Apr 03, 2020
Feso jaye...feso jaye... grin

6 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by nnaeyes6: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2020
The only highlife musician in Yoruba land. His beats moves the head. Not this self acclaimed Yoruba highlife king, King Sunny Ade KSA, whose beats are MGBATI MGBATI!!!!! Spoiling some peoples eardrums.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by femi4: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2020
Commander Ebenezer ....do your best and leave the rest

4 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Ishakam: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2020
Congratulations Sir many more years.
And guy's please if you are around IKEJA or ALLEN and got extra rice or beans or even garri abeg I can come collect it because hungry dey no be small. Please guy's if you can help me I would so appreciate this and this is my account 30718157 11. First Bank

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Ishakam: 8:55am On Apr 03, 2020
[quote author=Ishakam post=88046914]H[nhgg
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by omlueh(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy Birthday to you Baba, Age with Grace Sir.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Dukeolumidemans(m): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey. I celebrate u Sir. No wonder Iv been listening to his songs since yesterday and now...he is a Legend!!!

6 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Odkosh: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2020
Baba commander.

5 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by dermmy(m): 8:57am On Apr 03, 2020
His songs are ever green

7 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by kadiri3(m): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2020
virginboy1:
So this Legend and Buhari are age mate...Hmmmm

LIKE for Ebenezer Obey, SHARE for Buhari
U know buhari date of birth? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Ishakam: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2020
[quote author=Ishakam post=88046918][/quote]And guy's please if you are around IKEJA or ALLEN and got extra rice or beans or even garri abeg I can come collect it because hungry dey no be small. Please guy's if you can help me I would so appreciate this and this is my account 30718157 11. First Bank
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by StagethemTVee: 9:01am On Apr 03, 2020
Legend

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by dannex4adx(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to a legend, Chief Ebenezer Obey. Edumare so ro mi dayo mo dupe! Ha! ha! ha! Hallelujah!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by sonku: 9:01am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to my Music mentor ! You are a legend and God will continue to spare your life and grant you good health.
Congratulations Sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by mi24325: 9:02am On Apr 03, 2020
oxygenlove:
MUM- Remove that nonsense music(hip hop) you are playing and put Ebenezer obey.

ME- Mum.. yur old school..

MUM- your papa na old school..

Happy birthday Legend
Dry,very dry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by kernniejay(m): 9:03am On Apr 03, 2020
This is one of the real musicians, not the noise makers of today that squeak into microphone and hop around like grasshoppers thinking they are singing.

5 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by personal59: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2020
lalasticlala:
Ebenezer Obey Turns 78 Today

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer_Obey

Throwback photo of Ebenezer Obey with his late wife who died at 66

Wa ooooooo great

But he married at the age of 21 I wonder the age of the wife then since age is not a number then

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by shadrach77: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2020
Obey de Olohun orin....

Happy birthday to the 2nd best Juju musician ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2020
My number one Nigerian musician. Happy birthday baba. His album collection would have been a greatest 70th birthday present for my Dad who sadly passed away before that age.

Happy birthday legend!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by personal59: 9:07am On Apr 03, 2020
lalasticlala:
Ebenezer Obey Turns 78 Today

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebenezer_Obey

Throwback photo of Ebenezer Obey with his late wife who died at 66

Wa ooooooo great

But he married at the age of 21 I wonder the age of the wife then since age is not a number then

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Olunmercy56(f): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to a legend!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2020
HantaVirus:
Ebenezer obey sings better than Sunny Ade.

Happy birthday Sir.
No one asked for your opinion on who sings better o.

Can't you just listen to their songs without feeling the need to compare them?

That's how you people start war amongst Artistes.

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by lekonso: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy Birthday Sir. You are a blessing to our generation.

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:11am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy Glorious Birthday to the Chief Commander himself, Evangelist Ebenezer Obey. Legend forever grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2020
HBD to a peerless icon!

My FAVOURITE Nigerian artiste of all times....

MANY HAPPY RETURNS SIR.

#G.O.A.T!

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by mikeapollo: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2020
HantaVirus:
Ebenezer obey sings better than Sunny Ade.

Happy birthday Sir.
Obey is better than Sunny Ade in all aspects of music like composition, melody, rhythm, singing, beats arrangement, instrumentation, lyrical content, message etc.
Sunny is only good at dancing/stagecraft and singing worldly songs.,

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday, Sir
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Jaspernubi: 9:14am On Apr 03, 2020
What most people did not know about Ebeneezer Obey is, he was supposed to be a Preacher of the Gospel, he carried this burden for so long and was feeling a sense of disappointment even with his many songs and his fame in music,
At a a particular point he visited One notable Pastor in Lagos and discussed his burden,
There was a time, he even threatened to destroy all his Album, feeling that these music has led a lot of people astray from God

One of the result of this burden was that he build a church somewhere in Lagos just to palliate the burning desire to answer God's call
I dont think a lot of people know he has a church
He retired from Music so early because he could not carry the guilt of the music which he consider ungodly
Ebeneezer Obey retires to live a quiet life with his family in the United State
A great man, a man of honor and deep insight into Life

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Dangrace01: 9:16am On Apr 03, 2020
Ishakam:
And guy's please if you are around IKEJA or ALLEN and got extra rice or beans or even garri abeg I can come collect it because hungry dey no be small. Please guy's if you can help me I would so appreciate this and this is my account 30718157 11. First Bank

Ah God
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by dazzlingd(m): 9:17am On Apr 03, 2020
A great talented legend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Looks 'Naturally Gorgeous' In New Makeup Free Photos / Comedienne, Chigul Celebrates Her 45th Birthday (Photos) / Kcee Shows Off His Expensive Cars, Thanks God For Wonderful 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.