Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (30820 Views)

Ebenezer Obey's Son, Olayinka, Is Dead / Idowu Philips 'Mama Rainbow' Celebrates 78th Birthday With Stunning Pictures / Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by juman(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2020
Kai kai.
This man is incredibly and gigantically fantastic.

When you remember ebenezer obey, you also remember sunny ade.
They are marvelous, their musics stay in our heads forever.

Happy birthday baba.

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by HIPROFILE(m): 9:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday baba

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by iwillmakeit: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to baba Miliki

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Fem4real: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2020
Age gracefully sir!

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by desgiezd(m): 10:03am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to you, Sir

Your music positively impacted my life in ways I can not measure

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Adewale1603(m): 10:06am On Apr 03, 2020
The king of high life juju musical. Legends of the legends

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by maestroferddi: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2020
One signature: "Board members"...

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by uglodoh(f): 10:09am On Apr 03, 2020
Ile aye fum gba die ni o
Omo araye e se re o

HBD sir.

4 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Kalubolt(m): 10:14am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to one of our musical legend. I can never forget the song "kete kete" The Man, his son and the horse

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by kunletexs: 10:15am On Apr 03, 2020
datola:
The best of the best.

His music is cool, food to the soul and packed with so much wisdom.

You take life easy when you listen to Obey and especially when you are driving.

Happy Birthday Baba Miliki!

You are in the spirit. You statement of driving reminds me of the days when my dad and the whole family would travelling from ibadan to Jos. O boy na him song o. Not like this toothpick generation wey na noise,
and stupidity dem dey.

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Dasilva10: 10:20am On Apr 03, 2020
seunlayi:
He is a legend in music, I love his music style, lyrics,....

He makes people dance but he won't do much of dancing. Who else noticed this?

I do. He has a way of making the heaven and earth jump and dance through different styles, but the culprit stands still holding his microphone firmly.

My love for Ebenezer Obey is massive.
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by kunletexs: 10:21am On Apr 03, 2020
Na so this music dey cool temper up till now. Truly evergreen songs not the one wey chocolate generation wey him song just taa 5years go dey put evergreen. Who green am?

His music is sweet when you are travelling. Just enjoy am.

Will sha let me close with his song:

HAPPY!, HAPPY!!, HAPPY O!!!, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, DADDY OBEY O, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. AGE GRACIOUSLY.
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by ipobarethieves: 10:21am On Apr 03, 2020
cool wish nowadays youths can play EbenezerbObey,Sunny Ade,Okosun,Oliver d Zcoque,Osadebe,Aruba Ishola,Gbenga Adeboyeye,segue Adewale,Barrister,Salas’s Avenue and learn life lesson not all diz Japan,/meaningless,useless dumb music the play nowadays dat don ruined youths life especially dat Marlians-Happy birthday baba Commander “Ehn o mope mo ri e.Ehn o fe Dan ohun ti o da wo........... Baba Ijebu de be kan ilekun, o ni iya touin se ka wo ile,e seun e pada,ija ma ti tan oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by grandpoh(m): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2020
Aranbada owo o je, owo owo apekanuko oo..
Happy birthday legend!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2020
Chief Commander, eni olorunnda o se Fara we!!
.Happy Birthday Sir!!

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by africaflozy(f): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2020
"EMI o yin o
Baba
EMI o yin o
Baba"
One of my favorite tracks

Happy birthday sir
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Dasilva10: 10:37am On Apr 03, 2020
marksleek25:
Please can someone remind me of the title of that "Jedi Jedi lo ma pa " song?

The Son, the man and the horse

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Princepioneer(m): 10:44am On Apr 03, 2020
In those days for Lagos, Any TV or Radio station wey no play Chief Commander music never know whatsup... Baba na confirmed juju music Crooner far back.. Happy birthday sir.. cool
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by andyanders: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2020
A humble man. His twin boys studied in Texas, USA. Good guys, humble like their father.
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Princepioneer(m): 10:49am On Apr 03, 2020
In those days for Lagos, Any TV or Radio station wey no play Chief Commander music never know whatsup... Baba na confirmed juju music Crooner far back.. Happy birthday sir..
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Maxim69: 10:53am On Apr 03, 2020
The only regret from this great man is he may die without grooming anyone to his level of his lyrical sense. Every legend should be able to mentor younger generations to continue your work. No one ever fit into this shoe again. You have my respect always sir. May God keeps you for more years to come in good health. What a great musician the yoruba race will never going to have again!
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Positive13: 10:58am On Apr 03, 2020
Orire lo je faya to ba mo ike oko......happy birthday chief commander Ebenezer obbey.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Midex88(m): 11:02am On Apr 03, 2020
His music is legendary, grew up with his song. His music brings joy and peace to the soul.
Respect Sir.
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nigeriapen(m): 11:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Shopping Mall Collapses In Calabar

CUSTOMERS REPORTEDLY BEEN TRAPPED

WATCH COMPLETE VIDEO BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr2OLwX9Mgg&t=30s
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Gilbertman(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2020
� Iba l'o ye k'a se, f'Eledumare, Eledumare Oba o a juba lodo re. Eledumare Baba Mimo, Eledumare Oba oke, awa juba lodo re, a juba kiba se�
�L'a le ojo kan mo ngba tegun, mo ngba tegun l'eti okun o, ayyaya kileyi o, kileyi o ara'dugbo�
� Oro ajoso o he, keri oooya. a lotipe o, alotipe ti won ti nsoro loko......�
May his life be spare more in good health and happiness.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Gilbertman(m): 11:22am On Apr 03, 2020
marksleek25:
Please can someone remind me of the title of that "Jedi Jedi lo ma pa " song?
Ota omode, bere lati bi irakoro, ka da ni lounje nu, oti bere ota nini, oti bo sowo aye---
... ti won ba ni ki lo nmu, to ba ni kokakola, won a ni ko ma ye je.....
Can't recollect the album title... possibly the man, his son and the horse, as that excerpt was on the line of no one can satisfy human being.....

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 03, 2020
Gilbertman:
� Iba l'o ye k'a se, f'Eledumare, Eledumare Oba o a juba lodo re. Eledumare Baba Mimo, Eledumare Oba oke, awa juba lodo re, a juba kiba se�
�L'a le ojo kan mo ngba tegun, mo ngba tegun l'eti okun o, ayyaya kileyi o, kileyi o ara'dugbo�
� Oro ajoso o he, keri oooya. a lotipe o, alotipe ti won ti nsoro loko......�
May his life be spare more in good health and happiness.
abeg what's the title of that song or its album?

Mori sisi Kan ni buramo ni buramo o NI KIN ka Lo, ara ara kileyi o kileyi o ara adugbo
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Tundenoni(m): 11:39am On Apr 03, 2020
Olowo laiye mo
Oluwa temi di owo re
Gbogbo lala eda
Nitori owo ni
Je ki aye mi dun
Se mi ki nle di eniyan
Tete fi ona han mi, Oluwa
Maje kin lo lofo
Oluwa, ko si ore to da bi ire
Tete fi ona han mi Oluwa
Maje kin lo lofo
Je ki aye mi dun
Se mi kinle di eniyan
Tete fi ona han mi Oluwa
Maje kin lo lofo

My best obey song
So sad Juju music is gone forever.. New artistes aren't interest anymore.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by alfredilly: 11:41am On Apr 03, 2020
nnaeyes6:
The only highlife musician in Yoruba land. His beats moves the head. Not this self acclaimed Yoruba highlife king, King Sunny Ade KSA, whose beats are MGBATI MGBATI!!!!! Spoiling some peoples eardrums.

Stop rubbish. Sunny Ade and obey are contemporaries, singing almost the same style but sunny incorporate more instrumental to his song. He is a master guitarist and music critics see his song as more rich in note and dynamic. The first Nigerian to be nominated for Grammy. No be beans.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by Dreyton36: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
I can't forget the song "Aimasiko"
Happy birthday sir
Re: Ebenezer Obey Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today by santorz(m): 12:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to the great Mentor �����

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Georgina Onuoha: Any Man Who Loves You Will Never Record You During Intimacy / Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Her Son's 1st Birthday With Awesome Photos / Fans Question Moet Abebe For Her Manchester Arena Explosion Sympathy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.