Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos (61714 Views)

Wale Akinlotan: Police Officer Slumps, Dies In Lagos Days After Suspect’s Bite / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check / Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:

In warri, youths are beating up taskforce and soldiers because they were asked to stay at home. One of them Nairalandmonika is busy supporting their actions.
no one asked taskforce and soldiers to force people inside. People are still allowed to come out to get necessary stuff.

Okowa only asked securities to block off community to community travel. The soldiers are creating their own rules
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by dominique(f): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
How did the chairman know that it's a confirmed case of coronavirus? Did he carry out test?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by mvem(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
RiyaGoddess:

True.
I stopped relying on NCDC records since I discovered that they now rig numbers.
so they should record a speculated case because some people claim she has corona...with the panic of corona any small ailment or death will be claimed to be corona...

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Elvis2kay: 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by koffsman(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
What's the proof she has corona and also where was the test carried out, I hate unnecessary panic did he confirm she has corona or have they forgotten that malaria can make one cough and have temperature, they should be careful not to send unnecessary panic to the public expect it was confirmed that she had corona. R I P to the dead as for my guys in omole aaa ma see saw grin

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Lari03r(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kobicove:
From what is written in the body of the report the incident happened in Olowoira not Omole Estate.

Olowoira and Omole Estate are two different places!
Omole phase 2 is by the side of Olowora. Caution is necessary for those who go to Olowora to make minor purchases.
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Timileyin1234(m): 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
Erediauwa:
"there was no ambulance from the NCDC and the Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS) to evacuate her to the Infectious Disease Centre, Yaba".
Just imagine their silly excuse which has cost the life of a citizen...
But there was an Air Ambulance on standby to carry the highly infected President Abba Kyari.
This country is not for the poor and average citizen, don't let anyone decieve you again that we all own this country.

Na now u know. Passport whey we dey collect get level
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by gassbee: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Did d estate chairman actually carry out d test to confirm if it was covid19, dem sopos arrest dat guy for such info

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by SocialJustice: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kobicove:
From what is written in the body of the report the incident happened in Olowoira not Omole Estate.

Is it a neighbourhood just like Shangisha is to Magodo phase 2?
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Mizwisdom(f): 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
ekepeace:
The suspected person is not a Corona patient... She's had cough even before the Corona thing started... But due to fear of the Corona symptoms the health center rejected her that she had signs of Corona virus.

meanwhile the said person has hbp, her bp rose above the normal level which led to her death..

You seem to know her well. Don't mind those rumour mongers, everyone now has corona according to them.

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by majamajic(m): 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
toffyz:
The chairman, in the notice wrote: “Dear Residents, this is to inform you that there is a confirmed case of coronavirus in our neighboring community (Olowoira)."

My question is who confirmed it, was the patient diagnosed within that short period of time?

Mr Thomas , why not go omole and find out for us ?
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by holyboss1: 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kylekent59:
Hope you all have seen the benefit of the stay at home order by the FG.

Now is the time those who had contracted the virus will start showing symptoms which would enable them to get treated.

Cases have been increasing day by day, and if not for this lock down, who knows how many people will have contracted it.

It is advisable to call NCDC or you go there yourself.

Self medication would have been what she had been on.

After the two week's lock down, then we know where we all stand and heading to.

RIP to the diseased.

Despite the lock down, you will still see some persons walking across the road, you still see some bet shops filled/ crowded with people.

I have observed that the problem is not the FG but her citizens.
While driving down today, I saw about of about 700 people gathered at Agodi Gate Ibadan. People only scamper here when soldiers are deployed to the streets. I pray this shii does not consume Nigeria - Oyo state especially.
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by majamajic(m): 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kobicove:

Omole phase 1 is along isheri road , the omole phase 2 is close to olowoira, u will find unilag estate at the end
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by guru90: 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
beautyhd:
How did they know she died of Corona virus? Creating unnecessary tension.

Brother help me tell them...

If truly, it is the virus.... Many could have die in Lagos naaaaa
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by RiyaGoddess(f): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
mvem:
so they should record a speculated case because some people claim she has corona...with the panic of corona any small ailment or death will be claimed to be corona...

Was that what I said?
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by HonAdeli(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
SocialJustice:

Yes, Olowora is actually very close to magodo isheri (phase 2) and omole also, this case happened two to three days ago and it caused much fears in us staying with the axis. I pray God saves us.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Kobicove(m): 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lari03r:
Omole phase 2 is by the side of Olowora. Caution is necessary for those who go to Olowora to make minor purchases.

Yes they're side by side but that does not change the fact that they're different communities
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Obrigardo: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Any sick person death is now covid19?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Kobicove(m): 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
holyboss1:
While driving down today, I saw about of about 700 people gathered at Agodi Gate Ibadan. People only scamper here when soldiers are deployed to the streets. I pray this shii does not consume Nigeria - Oyo state especially.

Where were you driving to?

Are you a healthcare official? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Luckydubby7(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
So anybody that died now is as a result of coronavirus? Nigerian people get problem.
The lies in this coronavirus era is far more the truth.
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by sheggsliveth: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
clevvermind:
They should confirm it first before panicking. Maybe is out of hunger. Audio money did not show up.

it may not be hunger if truly she lives in Omole estate that I know,even if she rent a room apartment which am sure there is no single room in that estate...hunger can never be the result of her death
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by kay5you: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
This is my fear in Nigeria. Hope NCDC will increase there capacity with all the billions flying in the air
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Kobicove(m): 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
SocialJustice:

Yes they're neighborhoods but completely separate

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by alezzy13: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
As usual trashy reporting from PM. By definition, a case can only be confirmed if a lab test is carried out. I wonder how the chairman got to know it's confirmed.
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Avalancheman: 2:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
Another returnee
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
beautyhd:
How did they know she died of Corona virus? Creating unnecessary tension.

Exactly. I pray no one has malaria or thyphoid this period. If u dont get the medical assistance in due time and u die they will say its corona (mind u, thyphoid kills very fast)
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by VillagePipu: 2:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
The Chairman of Omole Phase 2 is the most stupid idiot I have ever seen in my life. This same baboon instructed that the gate of Omole Phase 2 be locked the day of Otedola Bridge fire and vehicles couldn't see where to escape. Ambode had to get him and his excos arrested for about a week.

There is already a notice that the deceased lady already had a prolonged illness which made her bedridden for sometime, only for this fool of a Chairman to say it is Coronavirus. Was she tested or did she have symptoms? No.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by frugal(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ayoswit:
So someone cannot die of malaria or fever again without relating it to conoravirus undecided

I don't know o. Help me ask them. Like people haven't been dying of illnesses before corona.
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by MrBONE2(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
clintino700:
NCDC won't record this.

grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Smartray25: 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nawaooo Nigerians sabi creat panic. No evidence to show its corona virus
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by Raphsays: 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
And the tricycle will still carry passengers.
This is how COVID-19 spreads.

Stay home is just the safest way to stay away from COVID-19
Re: Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos by spiralwedge(m): 2:09pm On Apr 03, 2020
I've always said any official figure thrown out there... Multiply by 1,000 unless Dem just born you for Naija or a foreigner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mia Khalifa's Boob Deflates After Being Hit By A Hockey Ball / IUD Turns Woman's Ovary To Black, Loses Her Legs (Disturbing Photos) / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.