Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,302 members, 7,957,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:30 PM

Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde (80744 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrested In Czech Republic - PM News / Seyi Makinde Wins Oyo PDP Governorship Ticket / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Econst(m): 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
ValCon888:
What most people don't understand is that social distancing is a privilege. Let me give you my reasons:

1. Most poor people live together in small rooms where it's impossible to isolate yourself.
2. Most poor people do not have access to running water.
3. Most poor people cannot afford to buy hand sanitizers or health masks.
4. Most poor people need to go out to find something to eat and will die of hunger in a lockdown.

It is easy to say "social distancing" but for most of the poor, it's impossible to practice it.

Exactly... Take for instance here in offa kwara state, how can we stay indoor when we've been in total blackout for good three days now. You need to see crowds at every place a generator is on, water too has become so scarce as if we're in a desert, how then can this law be maintain. It's so unfortunate that we're a victims of this situation. I pray God heal our land. Nigeria can't control this coro unless Jehovah helps out

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by efavour: 4:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
This man lacks deep thinking or does this implies that all Oyo state residents are already infected or sick Because from a professional point of views and recommendations from WHO and CDC only medical personnel and sick people should be wearing face masks!! cool
You are the one who lacks deep thinking, wearing mask works both ways, you don't give and you don't take to share to others. It's one of the ways We manage flu infection in hospitals. In highly immunocompromised units, every visitor must wear mask to prevent any chances of getting the patients sick and we staff wear to avoid either getting the patients sick or getting sick from the patients and then passing it to another. Wear mask, protect yourself or protect others.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by sammyj: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
... one of the paid hungry erats
efavour:
You are the one who lacks deep thinking, wearing mask works both ways, you don't give and you don't take to share to others. It's one of the ways we flu infection in hospitals. In highly immunocompromised units, every visitor must wear mask to prevent any chances to getting the patients sick and we staff wear to avoid either getting the patients sick or getting sick from the patients and then passing it to another. Even ordinary cold is deadly to these patients. Wear mask, protect yourself or protect others.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Famabex(m): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
Bravo Mr Governor, I really appreciate your thinking towards the poor people infact you're the person they are talking about.May your day belong.
But in another way how re we going to curb the issue of Covid19 in Oyo state,that's another issue,not everyone as been isolate,some are still there battling with coronavirus,in which they don't no.But with lock down they we be able to identify.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by LydayBobo(m): 4:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
iamJ:
That is what will eventually happen, because the world can't stay like this till December

This virus isnt going anywhere soon, we better move on with our lives, who go die go die
werey! Cant stop laughing
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by laurel03(m): 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kuvuki7788:
You don't know Oyo state man. You are spitting rubbish for a governor who just spend a less than a year on sit compare to that of a eight years sitting governor. He approved liforte to ologuneru road then apete to akufo road3 weeks ago and work already commence there. One of the longest road in Ibadan.
Get your fact right. Seyi is the man. Better than the governor of your state. Asshole.
How many km is Apete to Akufo junction that make it the one of the longest road. Ajimobi did Ajibode to Apete and Also ijokodo to Apete too.. For Apete people. Liforte to ologuneru not part of the project but they just grade the road for alternative road during the time they will do the project so go and get ur fact not up to 15km and reason they need to do the road now is because of Asunle
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by laurel03(m): 4:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lokoyen:

Ajimobi spent 8 years, the man never spend one year una don dey ask for him head. Before you compare the two allow first term. After all, Ajimobi did nothing second term. Lets wait for another 2 years den we can judge.
Am pro GSM but he need to leave media government and face reality, Ibadan is now lawlessness and orderliness society, I past through mokola roundabout today around 10am they have turned everywhere to road side market and other key places like that in ibadan and environmental sanitation is so poor etc Ajimobi build models school for second term, Gate to iworoad to old ife road and Akobo axis are is second term projects, eleyele to ologuneru, Apata to bembo etc which I can still mention more for you and even the two hospital seyi is using for corona isolation centres are second term project. We dislike Ajimobi because of Arrogance

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by laurel03(m): 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kaytixy:
oga go and sleep we are in Oyo state and we are happy with what he is doing must he build images for you to know he is working. Aabi don't you Know what is called social welfare?
Aside salary of civil servant what other social welfare you can mentioned which Ajimobi also paid salary regularly before recession.. Let me remind you about yes o cadet program that Ajimobi engaged almost 20000 youths as empowerment less than a year he got to office and he was using security votes to pay for the schemes then which I know much about. Ajimobi first term was free education combined with free waec fees which seyi dnt paid for waec for oyo student now and ask from reliable source Ajimobi printed this textbooks seyi distributed for school now. And remember I disliked Ajimobi too. This are some of the first term project. Seyi cancelled Oyo health insurance scheme now just for u to know. Ajimobi introduced Ajumose foods package for less privileges and widow at first, keke Ajumose was less than a year and Ajumose shuttle bus nko etc... Seyi have collected almost 20billion naira loan and nothing to show for the loan. Compare Ajimobi operation burst with those useless new security systems of the state.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Stefenijoan002(f): 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
donbachi:
See governor wey him thinking faculty get departments wey dey study;humanity 101,conscience 111,love 221 and consideration 301....always putting the people first,that is wat true governance is.
I dey tell you !not those yeye ones that's forming abroad style
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
roybanjo100:
this is the one sensible governor have seen so far

Hmmm. I beg to differ. I get the angst about shutting down states, but in my humble opinion, its the only way we can get a hang of the pandemic in Nigeria.

Minus looting of public funds, Nigeria is a poor country (I know most of us hate to hear this truth); the 2020 health budget for the U.K is GBP162 billion (approximately NGN81 trillion), while Nigeria's entire national budget (inclusive of health) is NGN10.59 trillion. Considering the financial constraint plus our poor health infrastructure means our best bet is to lock-down affected metropolis so that its easier to contain the virus, as well as quickly isolate possible new infections. I know for a lot of us, it seems like an attack on the poor, but imagine if we ever get to the scale of the pandemic crisis in Spain (not to mention Italy), whatever pains you may think we are experiencing now would be child's play, and life would certainly not get back to normal any time soon. By the way, the poor would bear the brunt of the pandemic, as the well-off amongst us would quickly run off to private hospitals enterprising enough to exploit such a crisis.

What Seyi Makinde is really doing is playing to the gallery; I used to have hopes for Seyi Makinde, but first his carelessness in holding a rally in the middle of all this, his silly statement about the virus at the rally, and now this is just showing that the man just might end up being the biggest charlatan of the current class of governors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Legendguru: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
Really
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by KunAviero(m): 6:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
As in eh, like WTF. Nigeria surely need more leaders like this man and in my opinion, Akin Alabi.
Eecho:
That man gives no fuuuck about APC and their blind policies ... Nah person wey dey consider the poor ..Nice one
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by MotiveU(f): 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
This man lacks deep thinking or does this implies that all Oyo state residents are already infected or sick Because from a professional point of views and recommendations from WHO and CDC only medical personnel and sick people should be wearing face masks!! cool
Shut up.. Na u lake deep thinking
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Twinmama(f): 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
otipoju:
Time shall tell with this thing.

Stores are open in many parts of USA.
A lot of private businesses are open

Kroger, Walmart, Home Depot, UPS, Carribean Kitchen,
I have been to all in the last one week. People are going about their normal lives.

But me self dey stubborn sha and should know better. But I dey carry hand sanitizer for pocket dey wash hand every two minutes if I go out.
It's for this reason that the estimated death toll in USA is expected to be 200,000.

And yet they are dying in thousands.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by sammyj: 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
Another political paid erat unleashed grin
MotiveU:

Shut up.. Na u lake deep thinking
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Deyemz(f): 9:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Lokoyen(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
laurel03:
Am pro GSM but he need to leave media government and face reality, Ibadan is now lawlessness and orderliness society, I past through mokola roundabout today around 10am they have turned everywhere to road side market and other key places like that in ibadan and environmental sanitation is so poor etc Ajimobi build models school for second term, Gate to iworoad to old ife road and Akobo axis are is second term projects, eleyele to ologuneru, Apata to bembo etc which I can still mention more for you and even the two hospital seyi is using for corona isolation centres are second term project. We dislike Ajimobi because of Arrogance

Let's give him a chance. if after 2nd year nothing is done, then we can criticize him. I will gladly criticize him. Ajimobi did his best during his 1st term but but his second term wasn't impressive. if not for his arrogance and uncouth utterances, he would have maintained his integrity.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by nikdam: 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
sirblend:

USA now have the highest numbers of active cases....
In fact in the last three days more than 3000 people living in US have died of corona virus.

*To every action there is an opposite reaction........

US might be forced to go the Wuhan way.
don't mind the guy. Simple instruction they won't follow. That is why the casualty is so high in Italy and US now.
The only people open for businesses now are those whose jobs are essential like supermarket( for food and daily needs) , groceries, hospitals and Co. Others are to work from home but they won't listen. Especially the youths, because they feel the virus only affects the elderly.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Ken4agent(m): 12:02am On Apr 04, 2020
ba7man:
At this time, Makinde doesn't have a clearly defined plan.

He's still using "Might".
U just nailed it.....am fucking scared things don't go out of hand in Oyo State

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by laurel03(m): 4:59am On Apr 04, 2020
Lokoyen:

Let's give him a chance. if after 2nd year nothing is done, then we can criticize him. I will gladly criticize him. Ajimobi did his best during his 1st term but but his second term wasn't impressive. if not for his arrogance and uncouth utterances, he would have maintained his integrity.
I criticized constructively and not condemned in negative way And he focus more on media and playing politics with governance. Hope ur saw those bill boards they put acrossed oyo state that Taye currency image was used and cost hundreds of millions what is essence of it? Though GSM PR and media team are doing the great job Sha. Seriously seyi should wake from slumber and he should allow his commissioners to come with thier own ideas too and other members of his cabinet to play their roles because he is doing one man govt and want to be everywhere like workaholic person. A Year now in office sha and he still have more years ahead and I wish him success.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by babyfaceafrica: 5:56am On Apr 04, 2020
laurel03:
I criticized constructively and not condemned in negative way And he focus more on media and playing politics with governance. Hope ur saw those bill boards they put acrossed oyo state that Taye currency image was used and cost hundreds of millions what is essence of it? Though GSM PR and media team are doing the Sha. Seriously seyi should wake from slumber and he should allow his commissioners to come with thier own ideas too and other members of his cabinet to play their roles because he is doing one man govt and want to be everywhere like workaholic person. A Year now in office sha and he still have more years ahead and I wish him success.

Makinde is turning out to be a media governor.. If not for constituted authority lack of decorum and arrogance.. He is miles ahead of makinde.. Makinde just dey Bobo us
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by orisa37: 7:30am On Apr 04, 2020
Lokoyen:

God bless you. I know say we still get people wey dey use their head to think. Not all this low lifers criticizing governor for thinking people's way.

Thank you for blessing me. Although, I just discovered that NIGERIA has become Pelle and winning Soccer against US, ISRAEL FRANCE GERMANY ROME AND EVEN CHINA. NIGERIA is also TESTING FOR QUALITY CONTROL ALL DRUGS, VACCINES AND EQUIPMENT BROUGHT FROM CHINA BEFORE ACCEPTANCE AND USE. This is very good NAFDAC is working.
Instead of producing MONEY FOR ALMAJIRIS, BUHARINOMICS SHOULD GIVE PLENTY OF MONEY TO OUR RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS TO PRODUCE DRUGS VACCINES AND EQUIPMENT TO COMBAT COVID19

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by CoolAmbience(m): 10:45am On Apr 04, 2020
Eecho:
That man gives no fuuuck about APC and their blind policies ... Nah person wey dey consider the poor ..Nice one

For me, that's critical and realistic thinking.

In a country where over 80% of the population live below the poverty line, no sensible leader should be talking of a total lockdown, especially without provision for catering for the weak and poor.

Provision of nose masks and enforcing its wearing, decentralizing markets to nearby schools to maintain social distancing; institution of mobile healthcare facilities for random visits to neighborhoods; increasing grassroot advocacy and disseminating information on emergency contact centers; enforcing conveyance of not more than 4 and 2 persons in vehicles and tricycles; get people to stay within towns, communities and states to make containing the virus in the event of cases easier i.e. community-based containment approach (CCA) etc.

What is complex about managing the spread of Corona virus if not that governors want to create hoaxes to get their share of the swelling Covid-19 fund?

This submission by Gov. Makinde says so much about the high state of his mental health and intelligence.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Adeoye2103: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2020
donbachi:
i don use dem b4?maybe na d course code wey i like

Sharp man
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by lukeme2002: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2020
In as much as i am a fan of this governor. I think he is playing politics with public health. Covid 19 is a threat to humanity and he is talking about what people will eat. Rather than thinking about how to support the poorest of the poor like what Lagos state i doing he is putting everybody in danger. If the disease escalated in Oyo state it will spread to other neighboring states and to all over Nigeria making this present lockdown an exercise in futility. this is not the right time to play politics. It beats my Imagination that Makinde can allow the useless PDP rally to take place in Oyo state in the first instance. I am from Oyo state and this Man is putting the life of my people in danger with his pretense that he is on the side of the people.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
This idiot is playing politics with health treat.When it starts happening him and his family will have access to best medical treatment.Is the same fools her supporting him that will refuse to wear mask to go out.They will tell you who mask epp.Then when they fall sick that will start shouting government is not proactive or have abandoned them.Why is it the poor that have the worst iQ knowing they will be most affected in this issue.So why not take preventive method.Food is the list of your problem when you become sick
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by bigiyaro(m): 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

The recommendations of the experts are working.

If Americans had followed the recommendations 3-4 weeks ago, they will not be recording high number of cases and deaths in one day.

Those dying today were those probably infected 3 weeks ago when Americans were still refusing to follow the recommendations of experts.

This virus has an incubation period of many days, sometimes up to 27 days.

So, it is not like the recommendations are not working. Rather, the decision of many not to follow these recommendations is the reason why the virus is still waxing strong.

The best way to stop this virus is to prevent it from entering into bodies. So, if everyone can stay under lockdown for 3-4 weeks, the virus would not be able to jump from persons to persons. It can't survive long outside the body, so it would die.

And there are only three masks that are effective at reducing the chances of contracting the disease. And even these masks are not 100% virus proof. They are 95%

But the face masks which I have seen many people wear here in Nigeria do not protect against the virus. They provide 0% protection.

You are better off listening to the recommendations of the expert if you want to be safe.
see! face masks are hot cakes now.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Emnanuell: 12:57pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ken4agent:

U just nailed it.....am fucking scared things don't go out of hand in Oyo State

Same here, Ibadan as the largest city in West Africa(if that is still valid) is doing nothing strategic as at today to contain the spread of Covid19. The road is still as busy as usual, markets are still clumsy and crowded as usual, people still going about there normal business as if nothing is happening.
USA was just like that too early of last month, we all know what's going on there now. I pray the governor won't regret this negligence.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by dashpee: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
holuwashezy:
Oyo State governor, Engr Seyi Makinde has said that the state doesn't need to go the Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Ekiti way on total lockdown before the spread of coronavirus can be curbed.

Makinde said during a phone call conversation to a popular radio station in Ibadan on Tuesday.

The governor who reiterated that everything that can be done to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in Oyo State is on the table, that the government will continue to assess the situation and take additional measures where necessary.

Quoting the governor verbatim, he said "Yes, Lagos can be on lockdown, Ogun can be on lockdown, Oyo State, yes, people have been saying have a total lockdown and then I have been asking them questions. What will be the benefits here? Are there alternative courses of action for us to take? If you ask people not to come out, you lock down the market places, there are people who what they sell today - the profit from today’s activities is what they will eat tomorrow. There are plenty of people like that within our environment. So, are there alternatives available to us? Can we do selective lockdowns? That’s why I imposed the curfew.

"I think, everything is on the table but it has to follow a logical pattern and it will need the input of experts. We are not just going to lockdown because everyone is looking down.

"I have been watching CNN and the most successful place right now in containing this is the Czech Republic. And one of the things they brought out is that they made a law that if you must leave your house, you must wear a mask. It may be that route for us to go.
I have asked them to start evaluating that. If we must make that law and say everybody that must go out must wear a mask, then, how about those who cannot afford it. Can we make masks locally? Can we get our artisans and our tailors to commit to that with the government supporting? So, those are the type of solutions we are looking for."

https://mobile.twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1245012510937415688
this is brilliancy and intelligence, education doesn't give common sense, kudos his excellency
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Habakus: 1:31am On Apr 08, 2020
VillagePipu:
L
Yes, it is an Igbo thing. Bleep off.
Ode,carry Igbo for head na like gala. Na u go tire.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by ArcToyin(m): 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2020
ValCon888:
What most people don't understand is that social distancing is a privilege. Let me give you my reasons:

1. Most poor people live together in small rooms where it's impossible to isolate yourself.
2. Most poor people do not have access to running water.
3. Most poor people cannot afford to buy hand sanitizers or health masks.
4. Most poor people need to go out to find something to eat and will die of hunger in a lockdown.

It is easy to say "social distancing" but for most of the poor, it's impossible to practice it.

You wrote my mind. Come to Ilupeju and see how clustered they are in a house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Mahmood Yakubu's Son: If Peter Obi Wins, I'm Not Going Back To Nigeria (Photos) / The History Of Ebira People (itopa Ane Ebira) Modified By Aliyu Abdullahi Onumo / Coronavirus: FG Tracing 4,370 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.