Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) (1272 Views)

Coffin Maker Caught Removing Drips From Patients In A Hospital In Cameroon (Pix) / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos) / 9 Craziest Things Doctors Removed From Patients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Explorers(m): 10:26am On Apr 03, 2020
Aimee O'Rourke, 39, passed away last night at the QEQM Hospital in Margate, Kent, following the surfacing of symptoms two weeks ago.

Ms O'Rourke had three daughters, Maddie, Mollie and Meghan, who described her mother as an 'angel' who will 'wear [her] NHS crown forever more'.

Just hours later, Areema Nasreen, 36, died shortly after midnight in intensive care at Walsall Manor Hospital, West Midlands, were she had worked.

The NHS employee of 16 years, who started in housekeeping before training as a nurse, was diagnosed with the infection in late March after developing a soaring temperature, body aches and a cough.

Both nurses were put on ventilators but sadly could not be saved, taking the toll of health workers to die with the virus during the pandemic to seven.

Loved ones of Ms Nasreen and Ms O'Rourke begged the public to take the virus seriously in an urgent wake-up call to those flouting social distancing rules.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8183773/Mother-three-NHS-nurse-36-caught-coronavirus-treating-patients-hospital-died.html

Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Explorers(m): 10:26am On Apr 03, 2020
Rubi Aktar, a nurse at the hospital, paid tribute to her 'best friend', who she described as the 'most loveliest, genuine person you could ever meet'.

In an emotional Facebook post, she wrote: 'I am so broken that words can't explain. I can't believe I will not see your smile again.

'You made me the nurse that I am today, with your support, motivation and inspiration I am the nurse that I am today and I hope I can do you proud Areema.

'I love you so much and I will never forget you. You had so much to live for, I am sorry you didn't get to see your kids grow up and I'm sorry that you didn't get to complete your career.'

Ms Nasreen first became unwell around March 12, suffering with 'body aches', a high temperature which could not be brought down and a cough.

Her sister said: 'Her temperature would not go down and her cough was so bad it affected her lungs.'

On March 20, she was taken to hospital and tested positive for coronavirus before being treated in the health facility's intensive care unit.

Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by adefemi007(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Tragic
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by armadeo(m): 10:30am On Apr 03, 2020
This is sad.

Very sad.

RIP hero. You wont be forgotten.
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by OdefaGirl(f): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2020
Chaiii cry
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2020
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2020
The real heroes in these times we're in are HEALTH WORKERS!

The real angels are those giving their all to keep our hope of a cure!

Respect to everyone out there doing their bits for humanity. embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Explorers(m): 10:43am On Apr 03, 2020
Another nurse too.

1 Like

Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Talknochip(m): 10:49am On Apr 03, 2020
Very sad!
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by oziamaka: 11:05am On Apr 03, 2020
so sad. feel for innocent kids who now grow without their mum.
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 03, 2020
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Makavelli25: 11:09am On Apr 03, 2020
This is so sad God please we are sorry. Have mercy
My people we can help these hereos from dieing if we stop contacting the virus
Please stay home Stay safe for them please Hmmmmm,a sad world we are in Smh in shock
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by Goddys(m): 11:49am On Apr 03, 2020
if this is what heroism is all about, I'd rather be a coward.

Government should recompense all health workers with huge sum of money. There is nothing like heroism in professionalism.

They sit in chambers embezzling billions and paying health workers peanuts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by sapientia(m): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2020
If by some twist of fate no vaccine is found

Nigeriaaaaa
Re: Two NHS Nurses Died In Hours After Contracting COVID-19 From Patients In UK(Pic) by tillaman(m): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Please, How Can I Get Rid Of This Genital Wart / Medical Tourism In India / Staph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.