Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google (2470 Views)

Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google / What Is 1 Thing That You Need In Order For Your App/Blog/Website To Succeed? / ***Search Engine Optimization Tutorial Part1 (rank #1 on google in 2weeks)*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 8:59pm On Jun 05, 2007
http://www.google.com/search?q=african+webmasters

Now, all that's left is advertising on Nigerian radio/newspaper and possibly TV. After that, I expect hits on the site to hit the roof grin

Final chance to jump on board the WOA train wink
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Seun(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2007
Nairaland is also number 1 on google! http://www.google.com/search?q=www.nairaland.com
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by boraddo(m): 10:30am On Jun 06, 2007
my2cents, nice one, i always knew u were an SEO don. grin

seun,
this is the link u shld be boasting about
http://www.google.com.ng/search?hl=en&q=nigerian+forums
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Seun(m): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2007
You missed my sarcasm, actually. wink
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by boraddo(m): 6:26pm On Jun 06, 2007
oh! my bad
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by igwe4life(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2007
He's no SEO don, just a newbie who got lucky, if he was a SEO don he should note that the keyphrase "african webmasters" has no searches on Wordtracker so even if his website is the only site on the SERPS he wont get any visitor ranking for that term (no wonder he's getting only 3 visitors per day on his site, probably his own hits grin), just for kicks i will dethrone his site in the SERPS within one week, i will takeover positions 1-3 on Google for the search phrase "african webmasters" to show who the real SEO Kings is.

Peace Out smiley
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2007
The good thing is, I never claimed to be a "don" cool

So, igwe4life, feel free to dethrone what doesn't exist and good luck grin

As far as I am concerned, I don't really care about visitor rankings but my site's position on the SERPS based on KW searched. In other words, if I get a -ve visitor ranking but get $10,000 from the one client who wants my services, then it's all good.

Of course, what the almighty igwe didn't divulge (then again, how could he, given his poor grammatical skills - ouch!) is that the "3 visitors per day" is an average, and not the actual. Perhaps the true SEO don should have asked why the numbers are low. It turns out, the only advertising I do for the site is on Nairaland so naturally, I expect numbers to be low. *I will* advertise on Nigerian mass media this year and the numbers will definitely rise.

Talking of the kettle calling the pot black, igweeeee, your blog was established in April 2006 but your profile page has only registered a whopping 440 views. Woooow! I bet the babes are salivating all over themselves with that kind of number shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Am I new to SEO? you bet. I am still learning as I go. But hey, for a newbie, you have to admit, I am making progress and like wine, I will only get better with age.

So igwe4life, keep on deluding yourself regarding your "don" status. From personal experience, I can tell you are a blow-hard. You are an alpha male, full of testosterone. I mean what else do you expect from someone who likes "ursher (as opposed to "usher"wink" and Lord of the Rings grin

I will tell you this though: I got into a similar situation with one of my original sites, http://www.geocities.com/myibibio. I got challenged by someone who had http://www.ibibiodictionary.org/. His site barely got any visitor rankings but it was always above mine, even though the site has no content. In the end, about 3 or so months later, my site reigned supreme. And mind you, my site is hosted by geocities which, as you may know, isn't exactly the site SEs smile upon when it comes to organic SRs

Finally, some advice for you, igwe4 life. The book, "Art of War" states (to paraphrase) that the winning general is the one who wins the war without firing a single shot. Also, there is a chinese proverb which states that when a man is pointing at the moon, only the idiot looks at the finger. I will try my best to ignore the personal attacks. I won't sink to that level. If you had posted something like, "my2cents perhaps you should do so and so to get better rankings", I probably would have listened to you more.

Good Luck on your SERPS domination! I go pour libation for you when you do beat me (and you bet, I will be checking the SERPS daily from now on. God help you if, come June 15 (I will dash you one extra daywink), you aren't on top. Your reputation will definitely be at stake. And hey, don't cheat by using your blog to do it. That's the cheap way out wink
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Afam(m): 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2007
@My2cents,

Concentrate on your pet project and leave people that believe that the fastest way to become relevant is to run other people's projects down.

Focus on your works and let them be if you can (for me I always put them where they belong)
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Cactus(m): 2:27am On Jun 08, 2007
Point of correction, webmasters of africa is not number one on google. webmasters of africa is number one for the keyword chosen. There is a difference. lol I am not a big fan of SEO.

You optimize your site, I optimize my site, everybody optimzes their sites, well, we are all back on the same level fighting for traffic.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 3:00am On Jun 08, 2007
cactus,

point of correction noted cool
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Seun(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2007
Thanks for accepting the correction. Every page on the internet can be "number one" on Google on obscure terms.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by igwe4life(m): 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2007
Now that u have admitted your naivety and accepted correction i will change my modus operandi, i will still take over the top slots for the keyphrase "Webmasters of Africa" but will make it count as a plus for your website.

By the way i rarely have time to update my blog becos i spend a huge of my time working on my network of sites, but if you look closely u'll find that i rank for & get visitors coming to my blog through the search engines via keyphrases like "Jimoh Ibrahim", "Nafdac", "Nigerian Blog", "Nigeria news blog" etc

So no hard feelings

P.S. At the end of the exercise i will make available a Free SEO report on how u can take "Webmasters of Africa" to next level via SEO.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2007
igweeeee,

Keep whatever "skills" you have to yourself and your "networks of sites". Your arrogance has turned me off. If you feel so strongly about your "skills", apply them to your own sites. What I said above is correct semantically and not gramatically. Unlike you, I admit my faults upfront as I am humble to the core.

So go ahead with your claim to beat WOA. YOu have 7 more days, and as I said, God help you if you do not beat me wink

between: I just did a search for "nafdac" on google and you did not come up on the first page. As a rule, I do not go beyond page 1. So sorry, you're out of luck in my books. Again, I dey wait. Also from your photo, you look like a certified yahoo boy and am beginning to think you employ black hat SEO techniques on your sites grin
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by igwe4life(m): 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2007
Listen @my2cents, I am not a black hatter and definitely not a Yahoo Boy, pls dont call me names simply because i pointed out fact that i am beat ur site in the SERPS, i can u like under reporting facts, first u only made mention of Nafdac what about the other search terms, the other time u mentioned 400 views on my profile page but decided to leave out the over 5500 page views on my blog,

Even a newbie can beat your Website using simple steps.

By the way real people do make a living having networks of sites don't confuse your naivety for knowledge:

Do a search for the following people: Jason Calacanis, Shoemoney,Darren Rowse of Problogger.net, Aderemi Ojikutu, The web Mistress of http://gardenersdaughters..com and a host of others
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2007
igweee,

thatz the whole point - I am not going to search on KWs that you give and in a certain order. i will do search randomly and so far, you are losing.

Remember my chinese proverb from yesterday? Just in case, I will repeat it: when a man is pointing at the moon, only the idiot looks at the finger. Be advised.

Again, I am not competing with anyone, let alone you. If you feel you have to beat me in order to get laid by your woman, go ahead. We aren't in the same market space and doubt we will ever be. So again, if what will get you circumcized, masai-style, is beating me in the SERPs rankings, be my guest grin
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by igwe4life(m): 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2007
You sure know how to talk. I no fit fight oh. grin
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by segebee(m): 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2007
u wan give up wink
it just got interesting
u SEO dons keep witting urselves, im learning a great deal and lovin it

u guys re wonderful

igwe no let me down oh!
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by krs1(m): 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2007
igwe4life:

By the way i rarely have time to update my blog because i spend a huge of my time working on my network of sites

can you provide the links to your network of sites. i want to verify that you are what you claim.

meanwhile nairaland.com ranks #2 for "nigerian forums" smiley
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 11:33pm On Jun 08, 2007
krs1,

Thanks for taking the words out of my naive mouth grin
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by WebDoc(m): 1:28am On Jun 09, 2007
Igwe and my2cents,

You guys have really been having a robust ruffling all day! Anyhow, I think its a healthy development, provided everyone keeps up with 'no hard feelings'.

my2cents,

I was able to visit a couple of your sites, and well - what strikes me most is their simplicity. Yeah, they're rather low on graphics (and for an ordinary person like me with a lousily slow Starcomms 1x internet access, that's actually a significant advantage!). But seriously, and with all due respect, don't you think you should look into, say, hiring an artistic adviser towards improving visual appeal?

And by the way, the my2cents alias: any relationship with that rapper of similar appellation?

Igwe,

O ga-amasi m ima otu m ga-esi kpa nkata. Ana m eche na I ga-enwe ike inyere m aka n'udi di iche iche, basically, n'ihe gbasara web development na ndi otu ya. Ebee ga ka sites gi di? (Everyone, please understand that Igwes are more properly addressed in the appropriate tongue!!)
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by WebDoc(m): 1:42am On Jun 09, 2007
Igwe,

Forgive me but I noticed the footnote later, and was able to visit your site. In any case, I do believe the heart and soul of my comments still stand. Cheers.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2007
webdoc,

to abandon simplicity would go against all I have been preaching for years. Having said that, there is always an exception to the rule. When the time comes, we shall see.

As far as hiring someone goes, I actually have a fulltime job. All the sites I have done are for residual income purposes. On the other hand, if my dream of setting up a web dev shop in Nigeria (Pray for me grin) becomes a reality, then you bet, I will hire someone from every sphere of web dev, from graphics to db to developers, etc.

Regarding my username, let's put it this way: if i were indeed related, do you think I would be on the webmasters' section of NL? LOL
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by igwe4life(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2007
Finally Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #2 On Google,

Like i said any newbie can take you off Google's Serps if the search terms you're ranking for is not competitive, provided they know what they are doing.

I believe i had the last laugh grin
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2007
I believe i had the last laugh
Not exactly. You might want to stop beating your chest like a male gorilla in heat - what you said was:
i will still take over the top slots for the keyphrase "Webmasters of Africa" but will make it count as a plus for your website

Make it work for your site, not mine. and by the way, we are still waiting for at least one site from your "network of sites". By the way, today is the 14th. Time is running out.

Your reputation is at stake.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by igwe4life(m): 4:37pm On Jun 15, 2007
igwe4life:

Now that u have admitted your naivety and accepted correction i will change my modus operandi, i will still take over the top slots for the keyphrase "Webmasters of Africa" but will make it count as a plus for your website.

grin shocked Thank God my words are online, i said i will take over the top slots for the keyphrase "Webmasters of Africa" but will make it count as a plus for your website not mine & i have succeded, but i can see that a true Nigerian - you don't accept defeat ( Perhaps i rigged google.com results grin).

So loser go sulk somewhere else, i now own slots No 1, 2 & 4 on google for the keyphrase "Webmasters of Africa". By the way i saw ur thread about a Search Engine Marketing Strategy

I beg everyone to read that thread and see how my2cents dodged questions asked him by loungr & hola2ng, i think it shows the my2cents for what he really is - an incompetent webmaster incapable of understanding the basics of SEO/PPC.

This experience with my2cents has geared me up towards starting a free tutorial on how to start a profitable website or blog using both freely available resources and paid resources. It will commence on wednesday 20th june, 2007. Watch out!
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2007
As u wish grin

I was never in competition with you in the first place. If accepting defeat is what will relieve you of your craw-craw, then make the words work for your "network of sites", then I will say I accept defeat.

As for your tutorial, have at it. I will be sure to read it. As for calling me a "webmaster", I have never claimed to be that. I don't use such words lightly. There is more to this thing of ours to give oneself that name. The whole purpose of that thread was, as with other things, to stir up debate, a form of critique. It was my first project and I am working on another one.

Ciao!
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Seun(m): 9:03am On Jun 16, 2007
Little boys, stop fighting. cheesy
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Afam(m): 1:50pm On Jun 17, 2007
igwe4life:

Like i said any newbie can take you off Google's Serps if the search terms you're ranking for is not competitive, provided they know what they are doing.

Did a quick search and it came up no1 so what's gwan?

http://www.google.com/search?q=Webmasters+Of+Africa&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 12:33am On Jun 18, 2007
Afam,

What "Almighty" Igwe doesn't realize is that, from the get-go, I was never in competition with anyone. My sole aim of putting up "Webmasters of Africa" was to promote the African Webmaster, and to hopefully get the world to outsource to us as opposed to the Asians. From my web logs, I can see that the "Find a webmaster" page is the most visited. If only such searches resulted in pple actually getting hired, that would be great. As I said earlier, I will be advertising the site during my next visit, even if it is for a .5 x .5 inch slot on a newspaper or a 2 second spot on the radio. So to me, it's a win-win situation - I rank high, he ranks high.

Unfortunately, he has fallen for "big-manism". I never claimed to be an SEO expert. In fact, I never claim to be an expert on anything. Should he have posted with comments like, "You know, there are better and faster ways to rank higher" or something like that, I would have been more responsive to him. I personally hate arrogance and particular hate self-inflated egos. But hey, I guess pple are different.

So, if "beating" me is what will make him happy, let him have at it. He is unfortunately justifying what many have said about the black race - we are like crabs in a basket. The minute one tries to climb out, the others pull him back in.
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2008
igwe4life:

Igwe, webmasters of africa is still number 1 mind you

and moreover, it is no new thing seeing newbie SEO kids bragging of number 1 position on search engine
let me share what you intend to do with this thread

You create a home page, that checks the visitor's browser and if the visitor's browser contains the word googlebot
then you echo the keywords, maybe 100 "web masters of africa" words

so only googlebot gets to see it.
prove me wrong by giving me one of your high ranking urls and we check google's cache for it

How come i am so sure this is ur intention?

because even an SEO expert can not brag of the number 1 position of any keyword except you intend to trick the robot
so stop making a fool of urself and any trick is not legal

currently, google is against page rank trade as developers are trading links with sites with higher page ranks. these guys(google) just want you to be 100% honest with them
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by digitalglo(m): 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2008
Hello Igwe and everyone out there,
enough of all the bickering pls. Its more useful if u guys can help brothers like me in here get good ranking and ultimately attaining our seperate bussiness goals.
Looking forward to any SEO help from anyone for my site,
Thanks
Re: Finally, Webmasters Of Africa Is #1 On Google by my2cents(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2008
No mind Igwe with im ad hominem attacks - bobo is yet to post anything since then.

he is a trouble-maker. We are all here to learn. He is obviously against that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Bbm Channel For All Nigeria Webmasters / Top 10 Nairaland Bloggers Of All Time And Their Blogs - Techinfo / Facebook Fanpage With 7k Followers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.