Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet (2272 Views)

Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) / I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by Mizwisdom(f): 11:10am On Apr 05, 2020
ImaIma1:

People will hardly bat an eyelid if it is done to the wife. But you can imagine if the OP(wife) does that to her inlaws...her husband's family, that one will be an abomination, reproach, insult, disrespect...in their brother's house??

They will call family meeting and ask her why she cannot wash the toilet her husband's brother uses. This is Nigeria where many believe a wife is the household unofficial slave.

You're right. Her husband lives in that same house but his wife and kids(toddlers) are not allowed to use toilet and bathroom. Nobody is saying anything about it, the woman still cooks for all to eat and does house chores .
Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by ImaIma1(f): 11:25am On Apr 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:

You're right. Her husband lives in that same house but his wife and kids(toddlers) are not allowed to use toilet and bathroom. Nobody is saying anything about it, the woman still cooks for all to eat and does house chores .

That's a terrible thing for a woman to do to her grandchildren and to her DIL. It could have been settled in a better way. People always point out and complain of how DILs are towards their MILs but they don't see how MILs can be wicked. Can she act that way towards her own daughter?

I blame the husband that cannot fight for his wife and children. Maybe he feels helpless because it's his mother's house.
Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by egojeny1(f): 11:48am On Apr 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:

You're right. Her husband lives in that same house but his wife and kids(toddlers) are not allowed to use toilet and bathroom. Nobody is saying anything about it, the woman still cooks for all to eat and does house chores.

Leaving with in-laws?? God forbid. That is the last thing I'll do. Some in-laws are horrible. They'll alwz put the wife under scrutiny and find every little fault of hers and the husband being their brother will alwz support them.
Leaving with in-laws is hell on earth.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by Sixfeetbelle: 1:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
APOPTOSIS:

PLEASE, I am not trying to approve of or justify what the young man is doing, I am totally against such. However, I am yet to see a married Lady complain about her own relatives whenever they visit her matrimonial home.

It's always Married Ladies complaining about their mother in Laws, brother in Laws, sister in Laws.

Yet this Lady's Relatives visit and become permanent residents in her own matrimonial home, chase the man of the house away.....

Why..? and it's getting too much.
MEN are now scared.

I'll answer you. This is because she can chastise or discipline her own relations how she deems fit. She knows them better than her husband or haven't you heard of wifey chastising her own mother for telling her how to run her own home? However, apart from his immediate family, she doesn't know much about hubby's relations so she can't chastise them as she likes (he won't allow it) leading to friction and quarrels.

Simple common sense.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by Mizwisdom(f): 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
egojeny1:

Leaving with in-laws?? God forbid. That is the last thing I'll do. Some in-laws are horrible. They'll alwz put the wife under scrutiny and find every little fault of hers and the husband being their brother will alwz support them.
Leaving with in-laws is hell on earth.

Exactly. She poos outside the house and takes her bath in afternoon at people's backyards. It's not a good thing to witness. The boys are still young so they can bath outside without shame but they also poo outside

1 Like

Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by ImaIma1(f): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Exactly. She poos outside the house and takes her bath in afternoon at people's backyards. It's not a good thing to witness. The boys are still young so they can bath outside without shame but they also poo outside

That man has failed as a husband

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by ImaIma1(f): 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Some husbands can really have a horrible attitude. What is difficult in calling the young man to order?

Just keep talking to him sha. Don't make serious trouble out of it.

I wonder why the brother should stay 5 whole years with them with probably no contribution from him, yet he wants to be treated like a king.

Some people should know when they have overstayed their welcome. They don't need to wait for someone to tell them to leave. He will soon marry and bring in his wife. After all, it's his brother's house.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
Houseofglam7:

Get outta my head!!!!
You put it way better than I would've!
I was gonna go full ballistic on her....
grin grin grin grin
Re: My Brother Leaving With Me For Over 5years Will Not Was His Toilet by palechestnut: 11:44pm On Feb 24, 2021
Comanche:

She wouldn't complain about her relatives because she knows how to handle them. If the reverse was the case and her brother was refusing to wash his toilet, so you think she would just go over and keep washing it even though it doesn't make her comfortable?

Heck NO. She'd call him to order.

But with in-laws the issue becomes more delicate.

That's why she'd look to her spouse to make the necessary moves. But most often guys tend to ignore or just overlook such behaviors.

Hello, Good evening

I'm quoting you in reference to this post you made last year

https://us15.proxysite.com/process.php?d=w3t0uL%2F94UYVSv8LV%2FV9Z2aGOs7A4oEVdlZZ7760aFtIoWHGqwRQLhzElB1q%2BauLFw3z5%2B2DFdNhDH3F&b=9#89111103

I couldnt quote you there cos I have a new account and my OG account was banned.

I have some questions I'll like to ask you. I'm a recent graduate of 21 trying to make ends meet by freelancing. I'd really appreciate your help thanks.

If you'd like I'll post my whatsapp no so we can talk better

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Some Women Turn Children Against Their Father ? / Letter From Daughter To Mother / The Best Role Models For Your Kids In The New Year(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.