Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): (351 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / Daddy Freeze lays Curses On Pastors Who Will Collect Tithe In 2019 / Pastors Speak On Pastors Scandalising The Name Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by KingNom(m): 12:39am On Apr 04, 2020
I am very open to bashing but know I speak from my convictions in the Bible:

Some people, especially the critics might say;
Why can't Pastors pray and cast away COVID-19 if they are truly men of God?

(If they pray, it won't work for You if you don't believe. I'll explain)

If they are truly men of God? Sounds familiar to you?
'If He's truly the Son of God, let Him save Himself' the mockers said about Jesus. Did He? NO! (Matthew 27:40,41,49,50).

'Isn't this that carpenter's son?' they asked. And Jesus COULDN'T (meaning He tried but it didn't work) do any mighty miracle/work among them. Matthew 13:54-58, Mark 6:2-5

If you don't believe, God's power won't work for You.

Almost everyone Jesus healed, He told 'Your faith has made you whole/healed you!' (Mark 5:34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague. Luke 17:19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. Etc.)

Your believing and acting on His Word is WHAT ACTIVATES God's power for you.

Without faith it's impossible to please God... Hebrew 11:6

That is God's principle. Please stop asking Him out of your unbelief to do something. He won't break His Principle for you. HE IS THE ALMIGHTY, Remember!

So please humble yourself like a child; then believe and act on His Word through Jesus and you'll see His Mighty Hand.
(Matthew 18:3-4
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.)

Also get and read/listen to books/messages on faith (I recommend 'How to Make Your Faith Work' by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome)

God Bless You

Cc: Our Esteemed Mods: Seun, lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove etc.

Edited
Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by PlayerMeji: 12:46am On Apr 04, 2020
Since pastors are fake why don't we suggest imams to come and prove their faith..

1 Like

Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 04, 2020
Op u well so. These guys are not superheroes. They r just like you, a human being to make sure their people behave well in the society, pray when its time, have good morals and stay outta trouble by using verses to support it.

Think of pastors, Clerics or imams or any other name they coin for themselves like principals or teachers in a school. They r just there to make sure u r doing the right thing.

Expecting them to perform miracles thru prayers is like telling a fish to climb a tree. Somtin he wasnt designed to do. And if the fish couldn't do it, u call it useless.

2 Likes

Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by Ladylite: 1:21am On Apr 04, 2020
KingNom:
I am very open to bashing but know I speak from my convictions in the Bible:

(If they pray, it won't work for You. I'll explain)

'If He's truly the Son of God, let Him save Himself' the mockers said about Jesus. Did He? NO! (Matthew 27:40,41,49,50).

'Isn't this that carpenter's son?' they asked. And Jesus COULDN'T (meaning He tried but it didn't work) do any mighty miracle/work among them. Matthew 13:54-58, Mark 6:2-5

Almost everyone Jesus healed, He told 'Your faith has made you whole/healed you!' (Mark 5:34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague. Luke 17:19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole. Etc.)

That is God's principle. Please stop asking Him out of your unbelief to do something. He won't break His Principle for you. HE IS THE ALMIGHTY, Remember!

So please humble yourself like a child; then believe and act on His Word through Jesus and you'll see His Mighty Hand.
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.)

Also get and read/listen to books/messages on faith (I recommend 'How to Make Your Faith Work' by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome)

God Bless You

Cc: Our Esteemed Mods: Seun, lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove etc.

So national day of prayer in March where all naija pastors were holding online prayer meetings shey u didn't watch it online? Or u were temporarily dead?

I am not a church goer but yet I acknowledge when people play their part. The other day daddy freeze with his frozen brain accuses pastors saying they should use their tithes to help members.... As if it's the members that begged him to speak for them meanwhile Jesus says we will always have the poor amongst us.

Then people here in the UK begin to curse naija pastors for not feeding members like some powerless seminarians churches do over here... It's become too much.

Another set of Nigerians also accuse pastors of not being able to heal any corona disease patient.... Gosh.... It's irritating... What happened to us! Yet Adeboye, Paul Eneche and many others have given more to the hospitals treating Coronavirus than any governor. Yet good news never spreads.... Naija shame on you.

Someone of you whose mobile phones have more DATA than your brains should not be making any post here without doing your research.

I watched one of your Nigerian pastors called Chris and he was exposing world governments conspiracies.... He was saying facts that are proven. Yet you who didn't listen or watch anything going on now comes here to state rubbbiiiishhhh see don't let me take your matter up.... Just stop this.

If you have nothing healthy to say, use your MB to browse and research. You are helping no one with this.

Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by Comedian2019: 2:46am On Apr 04, 2020
cruxgemmata:
Op u well so. These guys are not superheroes. They r just like you, a human being to make sure their people behave well in the society, pray when its time, have good morals and stay outta trouble by using verses to support it.

Think of pastors, Clerics or imams or any other name they coin for themselves like principals or teachers in a school. They r just there to make sure u r doing the right thing.

Expecting them to perform miracles thru prayers is like telling a fish to climb a tree. Somtin he wasnt designed to do. And if the fish couldn't do it, u call it useless.
Well said.
Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by geoworldedu: 2:49am On Apr 04, 2020
cruxgemmata:

But why did they lie about miracles? Is lying at the detriments of their sheep not a greater manifestation of moral decadence? It's like using poo-soap to take one's bath.
Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by Comedian2019: 2:51am On Apr 04, 2020
KingNom:
[s]I am very open to bashing but know I speak from my convictions in the Bible:

(If they pray, it won't work for You. I'll explain)

God Bless You

Cc: Our Esteemed Mods: Seun, lalasticlala, Mynd44, Ishilove etc. [/s]
Trash
Meant for the gullible. Jesus healing was real, not fake "miracles" of your do-called pastors.
Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by petra1(m): 5:12am On Apr 04, 2020
why dont government invite The pastors to pray over the patients. if the pastors refuse to go you can talk or if they pray and nobody get healed.
Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by LordReed(m): 6:26am On Apr 04, 2020
cruxgemmata:

If the fish has been boasting of how tall a tree it can climb yet when faced with an actual tree, it stares at it like it's never seen a tree before, yes we have every reason to call it a fake tree climber.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by LordReed(m): 6:29am On Apr 04, 2020
petra1:

why dont government invite The pastors to pray over the patients. if the pastors refuse to go you can talk or if they pray and nobody get healed.

That is not a government's job. If your pastors with their so called divine powers like let them remain hidden from coronavirus, we can see they are just fakes.

1 Like

Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by PYQueen: 3:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
LordReed:

That is not a government's job. If your pastors with their so called divine powers like let them remain hidden from coronavirus, we can see they are just fakes.
so Pastors are above the law now? You expect them to start moving up and down to different hospitals to heal people? When they r arrested now they will make headline news of not adhering to the stay at home order
Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by LordReed(m): 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
PYQueen:
so Pastors are above the law now? You expect them to start moving up and down to different hospitals to heal people? When they r arrested now they will make headline news of not adhering to the stay at home order

They only know how to lobby government when it is beneficial to them. If they really had powers just mentioning their names to government officials would have them given VIP access to Covid-19 patients. But we can see they are frauds that's why they remain hidden.

1 Like

Re: On Pastors And Covid-19 (or Any Other Issue): by MuttleyLaff: 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
LordReed:
They only know how to lobby government when it is beneficial to them. If they really had powers just mentioning their names to government officials would have them given VIP access to Covid-19 patients. But we can see they are frauds that's why they remain hidden.
... and when the government doesnt give them face anymore, they then turn on the government, yelping snarling and barking at the government because the change in power had stopped granting them 20% import waivers and other concessions, exempts etcetera they were previously enjoying and using for things like for example importing luxurious all sorts like SUVs etcetera free of charge.

That Segun Olawoye exposé nah die, lol. Badt guy, lol. Humility my foot. Pseudo humility. Oinnn. Mtcheew

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Is Allah ⅓ Of The Qur'an. A Book Made Of Trees? / Save A Life From Starvation / To Those Who Call Themselves True Men Of God..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.