Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. (2279 Views)

I Hope Southerners Are Aware Of This?! / We Southerners Are Educated But Largely Dumb And Foolish / Southerners Are In Big Trouble ( Pix). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Dagah2: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2020
I have repeatedly come across people insinuating that Nigerians especially people of a particular tribe/extraction are hiking prices of food and other vital commodities. https://www.nairaland.com/5773333/what-biafrans-doing-ndi-aba/1#88085075
It is very much normal and okay. The stories of how task force and other volunteers has been raiding and intimidating these petty traders is very much bad and uncalled for.
Yes, the FG reduced the pump price of only petrol. What about those that their engines burn on Gas? Even with the majority running on petrol should we accept that, have we considered the new restrictions placed on the number of passengers to be carried by some selected state governors? The transporters and foodstuff sellers face extra intimidation and extortion from the so called task force, policemen and even soldiers too. How about the reduced number of people to be conveyed in the whole business hour against the obtainable numbers before?
Now, to paint it clear and against the accusations that the Igbos and Southerners who deal on foodstuffs sell costlier than the Hausa's. How many of these Hausa food sellers have a must pay house rent awaiting them? How many of them has school fees to pay whenever school resumes? How many of them even own a shop and house in these regions? Do 97% of them not sleep over in their kiosks?
Again, how many of them pay the normal transport fare the Southerner pays while traveling up north where these food items are gotten from? Don't you see them in numbers climbing lorries and trucks for their travels? One other fact people don't get is that in buying these food items, they sell to themselves at a very cheap rate over there, an Hausa man can never sell a basket of pepper at N1000 to a fellow Hausa man and not sell it at N1,700 to a Southerner.
I am in this line of business and knows very well. People will always see things from their own perspective but is it really the right view? I don't want to talk about the incentives these northerners receive. I am not a tribalist,but never condemn from a distance if you haven't sought answers to some things.

7 Likes

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by helinues: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2020

How many of these Hausa food sellers have a must pay house rent awaiting them? How many of them has school fees to pay whenever school resumes? How many of them even own a shop and house in these regions? Do 97% of them not sleep over in their kiosks?
Again, how many of them pay the normal transport fare the Southerner pays while traveling up north where these food items are gotten from? Don't you see them in numbers climbing lorries and trucks for their travels?

Are this your justifications for hike in food price? Are those things you listed above not existing before the Corona palava?

Still searching for sense in this...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Corrinthians(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2020
We are happy to see government's intervention across the states. Even Ikpeazu has not been left out as ndi Abia recieve their interventions from the performing state governor.

A wrap of eba and egwusi soup. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by helinues: 11:57am On Apr 04, 2020
Corrinthians:
We are happy to see government's intervention across the states. Even Ikpeazu has not been left out as ndi Abia recieve their interventions from the performing state governor.

But this is not Ikpeazu now.. Infact this is Port Harcourt not Abia state.

Stop spreading malicious news

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Corrinthians(m): 11:57am On Apr 04, 2020
helinues:

Are this your justifications for hike in food price? Are those things you listed above not existing before the Corona palava?

Abia state governor has commenced the distribution of foodstuffs and other palliatives to Abia residents - eba and soup. What has your state governor done?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by helinues: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2020
Corrinthians:
Abia state governor has commenced the distribution of foodstuffs and other palliatives to Abia residents - eba and soup. What has your state governor done?

You have just been corrected on the other thread.. This is not Ikpeazu Mr Man

Did you just have access to Internet?

2 Likes

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Dagah2: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
helinues:

Read in between the lines, if you fail to see one or two reasons then I'll spell it out to you. On a more serious note, do you know how much the northern soldiers collect from trucks coming in from the Niger bridge at this moment? Do you know how wicked they are to Southerners? No, you won't know that once they discover you are not one of them, they will park you and your truck load of perishable foodstuffs by road side till the condition gets so good. You either find them something or... Something bigger than what it used to be. C'mmon, tell me also you don't know how they speak their language; the passcode and bypass easily. After the weeks of lockdown, you and your fantastically incorrupt government will fund them to offset the accumulated bills baa? And most of them riding Keke on higher purchase will not account as against the deal they signed? The banks will also not get their interest from loans collected during this period too abi?
It's bad I'm now putting it like a tribalist but that's the simple truth.
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by helinues: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dagah2:

Read in between the lines, if you fail to see one or two reasons then I'll spell it out to you. On a more serious note, do you know how much the northern soldiers collect from trucks coming in from the Niger bridge at this moment? Do you know how wicked they are to Southerners? No, you won't know that once they discover you are not one of them, they will park you and your truck load of perishable foodstuffs by road side till the condition gets so good. You either find them something or... Something bigger than what it used to be. C'mmon, tell me also you don't know how they speak their language; the passcode and bypass easily. After the weeks of lockdown, you and your fantastically incorrupt government will fund them to offset the accumulated bills baa? And most of them riding Keke on higher purchase will not account as against the deal they signed? The banks will also not get their interest from loans collected during this period too abi?
It's bad I'm now putting it like a tribalist but that's the simple truth.

Are there no single Southerners amongst the army?
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by lordlugards: 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2020
helinues:

The reason you are still searching for sense in the right up is because you are not a business person. In my area MTN #1000 card is sold for #1,100 now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dagah2:
[s]I have repeatedly come across people insinuating that Nigerians especially people of a particular tribe/extraction are hiking prices of food and other vital commodities. https://www.nairaland.com/5773333/what-biafrans-doing-ndi-aba/1#88085075
It is very much normal and okay. The stories of how task force and other volunteers has been raiding and intimidating these petty traders is very much bad and uncalled for.
Yes, the FG reduced the pump price of only petrol. What about those that their engines burn on Gas? Even with the majority running on petrol should we accept that, have we considered the new restrictions placed on the number of passengers to be carried by some selected state governors? The transporters and foodstuff sellers face extra intimidation and extortion from the so called task force, policemen and even soldiers too. How about the reduced number of people to be conveyed in the whole business hour against the obtainable numbers before?
Now, to paint it clear and against the accusations that the Igbos and Southerners who deal on foodstuffs sell costlier than the Hausa's. How many of these Hausa food sellers have a must pay house rent awaiting them? How many of them has school fees to pay whenever school resumes? How many of them even own a shop and house in these regions? Do 97% of them not sleep over in their kiosks?
Again, how many of them pay the normal transport fare the Southerner pays while traveling up north where these food items are gotten from? Don't you see them in numbers climbing lorries and trucks for their travels? One other fact people don't get is that in buying these food items, they sell to themselves at a very cheap rate over there, an Hausa man can never sell a basket of pepper at N1000 to a fellow Hausa man and not sell it at N1,700 to a Southerner.
I am in this line of business and knows very well. People will always see things from their own perspective but is it really the right view? I don't want to talk about the incentives these northerners receive. I am not a tribalist,but never condemn from a distance if you haven't sought answers to some things.[/s]

Reason like human.

Even when the prizes where 800 and fuel 145 they still pay house rent and Carter for their needs.

1 Like

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by helinues: 12:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
lordlugards:
The reason you are still searching for sense in the right up is because you are not a business person. In my area MTN #1000 card is sold for #1,100 now

Is it Mtn that increased the price or the sellers?
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by lordlugards: 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
helinues:

Is it Mtn that increased the price or the sellers?
if I didn't respond you will think you've nock's me out with these your comment.
But the comment is the reason I'm not to respond to you again.

Bros you are ignorant about business. Simple
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by helinues: 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
lordlugards:
if I didn't respond you will think you've nock's me out with these your comment.

You are the one who is ignorant on this case cos you have no reasonable answers.. Did Mtn increase the price? Is MTN not a business company?

You people should stop arguing what you don't know

4 Likes

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Dagah2: 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Reason like human.

Even when the prizes where 800 and fuel 145 they still pay house rent and Carter for their needs.
Lol... You either don't reason or can't read. Where they mandated to carry only 2 passengers for fear of corona virus then?
Person wey no sabi anything...Even with their paying without it then, you can't reason that they will still settle every other bills awaiting them with the low turn outs or do they still make as much turns as they used to? Your type cannot maintain a full stocked shop, sorry!
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Dagah2: 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
helinues:

Are there no single Southerners amongst the army?
[quote author=Their post=88085075]

Of course there are, but you know you don't contend with your Superiors in the Force, know what's rebellion? And to point it blank to you, in the whole of the South, no operation is led by a Southerner. The topmost oga is usually from the north... I stand to be corrected tho.
Uhmmm, why don't you look at the other points raised too?
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by helinues: 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dagah2:

Then make it Nigeria army not Northern army.. Dirty officers are from all region of Nigeria
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by HocusPotos: 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:

[/s]
omenka I'll never allow you to rest
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by HocusPotos: 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:

[/s]
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by HocusPotos: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
[/s]
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Daniel058(m): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
When I was younger I never knew that Northerners build good houses,then I only knew fulanis that lives in Anthill like house and hausas that live in hall and sleep on Small mats . kiss
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by AngryIgboMan: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
What an iddiotic way of thinking?

So hiking price of food items during a crisis is the surest of becoming over night billionaires and paying your house rent?

How does extorting your brothers to enrich yourselve make you exactly rich?

1 Like

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Blazebond(m): 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
The greed in you is beginning to surface,may you find a cure to it,exploitation is evil so stop justifying nonsense.
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Taba21: 4:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dagah2:
I have repeatedly come across people insinuating that Nigerians especially people of a particular tribe/extraction are hiking prices of food and other vital commodities. https://www.nairaland.com/5773333/what-biafrans-doing-ndi-aba/1#88085075
I am in this line of business and knows very well. People will always see things from their own perspective but is it really the right view? I don't want to talk about the incentives these northerners receive. I am not a tribalist,but never condemn from a distance if you haven't sought answers to some things.

Southerners indeed!why not focus on your region.
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Miracle1991: 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dagah2:
you are free to kill your people with high price of food, all I know is that a hausa Man is not greedy, a hausa man doesn't care if his gain is 50 naira but an igbo Man will like to gain double of the amount he invest on. Iam not a Muslim but I appreciate the simple life of some Muslim brothers

1 Like

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Reason like human.

Who you epp
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Dagah2: 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2020
Miracle1991:
you are free to kill your people with high price of food, all I know is that a hausa Man is not greedy, a hausa man doesn't care if his gain is 50 naira but an igbo Man will like to gain double of the amount he invest on. Iam not a Muslim but I appreciate the simple life of some Muslim brothers
It's starts with you living that simple life, sleep in kiosks, jump lorries and if you have a house/hotel/hostel, may everyone live that simple life so there won't be need for those values. Agreed?
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Dagah2: 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
AngryIgboMan:
What an iddiotic way of thinking?

So hiking price of food items during a crisis is the surest of becoming over night billionaires and paying your house rent?

How does extorting your brothers to enrich yourselve make you exactly rich?
O ga, read well. It's not extortion. It's a survival instinct caused by few factors as pointed out. Even without the crises, it should be a pointer to the slight difference between the two sides in discourse.
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by allcomage: 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
Miracle1991:
you are free to kill your people with high price of food, all I know is that a Hausa Man is not greedy, a hausa man doesn't care if his gain is 50 naira but an igbo Man will like to gain double of the amount he invest on. Iam not a Muslim but I appreciate the simple life of some Muslim brothers
yes o Abacha was an igboman, umaru dikko,buhari and the rest of them. some of you are educated but illiterates.they fail to understand demand and supply.
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by tricksters: 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2020
It is not egusi soup but ofe nsala.

Corrinthians:

2 Likes

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by tricksters: 5:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
You underestimate the foolishness of many of this Igbos to rubbish anything Nigeria or FG.
helinues:

You are the one who is ignorant on this case cos you have no reasonable answers.. Did Mtn increase the price? Is MTN not a business company?

You people should stop arguing what you don't know
lordlugards post=88087068:

Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by optm(m): 8:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
this your write up doesnt justify the increase in price. It's pure greed and that instict to exploit people at every opportunity as portrayed by most nigerians that's at play here. What justifies over 200% increase in price of a commodity just overnight? those factors you listed has been existing before now. The funny thing is that even after d pandemic, prices of goods wouldnt revert to what it used to be owing to the greed of these lots
Re: Hike In Foodstuff Prices, Igbo's And Southerners Are Right. by Malawian(m): 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
helinues:

Shut up. Have you seen food before?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rejoinder : Why Kwarans Must Apologise To Senator Bukola Saraki / Some posts by Zara Onyinye The buharist / 2023; South East And South West Be Wise Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.