Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,263 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 (1962 Views)

Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri, Kills Four / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Another Bomb Explosion Today in Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by teeewai(m): 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2010
seems dis so called leaders are set to turn Nigeria into Pakistan, another bomb blast in Abj, May God save us oooo

BREAKING NEWS: Another Deadly Explosion Rocks Abuja
Posted: December 31, 2010 - 20:29
Posted by siteadmin
caption: October 1st victims
By SaharaReporters, New York

Nigeria’s capital Abuja was rocked about two hours ago by a deadly explosion, Saharareporters has just learned.

The explosion happened at the crowded “Mammy” market attached to the Abacha Barracks in the Asokoro area of Abuja. Several eyewitnesses said the blast has claimed close to 100 lives and wounded scores more.

The yet-to-be-identified device exploded near a fish-frying shop in the bustling market. Saharareporters learned that many of the casualties were soldiers and their family members doing their last minute shopping for the New Year.

Our correspondent contacted the office of the National Security Advisor where a source confirmed that there was an explosion, but said they were yet to identify what or who caused it.

A diplomat in Abuja told Saharareporters that the recent spate of explosions raised fears that the forthcoming elections might be marred by violence.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/breaking-news-another-deadly-explosion-rocks-abuja.

Not confirmed yet, i hope its just specs
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Dec 31, 2010
oh . . . . they probably mistook bangers and stuff for bomb. grin
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by teeewai(m): 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2010
@kobojunkie, grin .i hope soooo oo, buh if its true i can imagine ds set of disgrunlted elements turning my naij into pakistan, i sit down wiv my sky every evening and all i see is bomb here and there in pakistan as if killing people was their birthright,
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by SapeleGuy: 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2010
Have you people got a heart? They say lives have been lost and you people are doing emoticon laughter.
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Dec 31, 2010
@Poster, I just read from other sources. I guess the news has been confirmed. There were two explosions and deaths. What a way to enter the new year! undecided
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by seanet02: 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
This is absolutely barbaric, how could people just enjoy sending people to their early grave as if we are fighting hitler. This is unfair. This people has throw me into mourning on New year eve.
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by Rousseau: 9:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
With the latest rounds of bombs that are occurring in Abuja as we speak. I must speak my mind and say that Nigeria is on the edge of the cliff and the country is about to fall into chaos. To many, this may not be a surprise, but I foresee a future that will be very blood for Nigeria. The innocent lives that are being taken away daily in this nation is very upsetting to say the least.
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by goggs(m): 9:26pm On Dec 31, 2010
confirmed! An explosion did rock Mogadishu Barracks (formerly abacha Barracks) just got a phone call that confirmed this. BBC has picked it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12099176

Got another information of another blast in Jikoyi area of Abuja (Jikoyi is a satellite town). this blast has not yet be corroborated or confirmed.
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by goggs(m): 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
Just got another uncomfirmed report about another one in Dunamis (Area One), again unconfirmed and yet to be reported.

This is madness! shocked
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by teeewai(m): 9:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
i def know nobody is happy wit wateva is happening  in nigeria buh my soul groans for wateva might happen in 2011 elections, can somebody just follow the thread and conclusively predict how the elections will be like?

political killings in the SW
Boko Haram
Jos explosions
Kidnappings.

How i wish GEj can just wake up and assume full responsiblity of securing our lives. Our hopeless politicians sit their a@@ up there heating up the polity at the expense of innocent lives , "not animals". tell me how can one boldly go to registration centres, polling booths without having the second tho of explosions, assasinations, GOD should just have mercy, Justice will def prevail in Nigeria this coming year,

You neva can tell whether the next bomb might go off in Aso rock, GEJ, wake up!!
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by feelgood(m): 9:46pm On Dec 31, 2010
The one in Jikwoyi is in a church - Dunamis.
All my senses are screaming Atiku, say what you may, his utterances and desperation speak volumes.
Now I've made up my mind to register AND VOTE - One man's madness should not frighten us.
People can say what they like, Atiku has a hand in this.
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by priyanmc: 9:52pm On Dec 31, 2010
shocked RIP Yar'adua we really miss him, did any of this happen at his time? NOOOOOO
What a great loss to us i remember the amnesty work he did to stop this from happening which went well until Mr.President stopped this. WHY? may GOD give us a good and honest president 2011(CAUTION!!! DANGEROUS YEAR)
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 31, 2010
Many dead and several wounded.

The RED CROSS is seeking blood donation from any body that have the heart to donate.

ITS TIME GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN RESIGN WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT!

GEJ HAVE TO RESIGN!

ALL HEADS OF NIGERIA SECURITY AGENCIES MUST RESIGN!

ALL MEMBERS OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MUST RESIGN!

NIGERIA IS UNDER TERRORIST ATTACK AND THE PRESIDENT IS NOT ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE LOOSING THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY AND THE LEADERS CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT! RATHER THEY CLASSIFY IT AS COLLATERAL DAMAGE!
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by poweredcom(m): 10:13pm On Dec 31, 2010
Nigeria is in deep shame these days why why why
read more here

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577519.0.html
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2010
Gradually, we are going back to the state of nature were life was short,nasty & brutish. 1st bomb gift was on nigerias 50th birthday &d blunder dat went with it frm GEJ, Next bomb gift was on Xmas day & no clue on what 2do, 3rd bomb gift on a new yr eve! No one knws Were next? Our goverment rather than take responsibility and admit they ve failed to protect d lives and properties of fellow nigerians of which they swore to. A bad precedent has been set and it goes on an on. This is what u get when u ve a weak and clueless guy as a president and also overwhemed by d system 4d simple reason he became d c-in-c by chance and unprepared. I wonder y some security chiefs ve nt been relieved of thier jobs after this glaring consistent incompetence. Nothing will happen as usual whl we await further negative breaking news since thats d norm @d moment. Its really unfortunate. HAPPY NEW YR NAIRALANDERS & GOD PROTECT U ALL FROM boko haram, bomb blast, mend, jtf, assasins, atiku, gej, osisikanku and every form of negativity thru out yr 2011. AMEN
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by ebor(m): 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2010
Lord have mercy angry angry angry angry
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by AceJam: 6:21am On Jan 01, 2011

The RED CROSS is seeking blood donation from any body that have the heart to donate.

GEJ HAVE TO RESIGN!
NIGERIA IS UNDER TERRORIST ATTACK AND THE PRESIDENT IS NOT ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!
INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE LOOSING THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY AND THE LEADERS CANT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT! RATHER THEY CLASSIFY IT AS COLLATERAL DAMAGE!

If everybody resign, are you going to take control of the situation?
Everybody is shouting resign, resign when such persons can not even control his home.
Re: Another Bomb Blast In Abj Dec 31 2010 by Africain: 10:31am On Jan 01, 2011
greateros:

GEJ HAVE TO RESIGN!

For the blood donation, which hospitals? And where please? I am O+, could help many!

(1) (Reply)

Shocking: Falling Tree Kills Wife Of The Chief Justice Of The Federation, Aloysius Katsina-alu. / Gov Yuguda And Yar'adua's Daughter`s Marriage Over? / How Polo Park Shopping Mall Enugu Turned A Tourist Center.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.