Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus (1534 Views)

Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / How Corona Virus Will Expose Fake Pastors And Prophet / Pastor Enenche: 'Evil Wind Brought Corona Virus, It Will Expire In 21 Days’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2020
Over the past few years, the Nigerian church has grown strong. So has their mumu and noisemaking.

When I was little, church was on a Sunday. That was all. The rest of the week was for you and your family; the pastor also had to go to work for his family too. Churches were few, and useful.

Now I don old, church dey everywhere. The society has gotten worse but they say we should blame government. Their job is to make noise daily, every fucking day, with their broken loudspeakers and megaphones.

Clubs and churches would do battle on Friday nights; who go attract crowd pass? Then the Corona came, and now we have peace.

There's been peace on our street these past few days. I can feel my mental well being improving. I can finally appreciate the quietness of a cool evening, without any activity. A dull atmosphere has helped my head.

I hope the people of God will find freedom from these arrogant sons of bitches masquerading as Messengers of God. I hope the people of God realize one day that God is loving-kindness, not noise and prayer points.

I hope the people of God realize their role in society, and their role in creating a good society.

May the lessons of the Corona be with us this Palm Sunday. Hail the Rona.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Jeromejnr(m): 9:49am On Apr 05, 2020
What is your point exactly??
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeromejnr:

If you don't get it, the post is not for you.

9 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Dave233: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2020
Ozwor
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Jeromejnr(m): 9:52am On Apr 05, 2020
HappyPagan:

If you don't get it, the post is not for you.

Good.

Cause the post is not for anyone with wisdom.
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 9:52am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Good.

If you are wise, the world is in a dark place.

8 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Jeromejnr(m): 9:55am On Apr 05, 2020
HappyPagan:

If you are wise, the world is in a dark place.

The world has been in a dark place for thousands of years.
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeromejnr:
The guy is frustrated and embittered, he is looking for people to blame for his miserable life.

2 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 10:18am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeromejnr:

That's exactly why you don't have wisdom.

5 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Jeromejnr(m): 10:19am On Apr 05, 2020
HappyPagan:

That's exactly why you don't have wisdom.

You are lost man.
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 10:21am On Apr 05, 2020
profolaolu:
The guy is frustrated and embittered, he is looking for people to blame for his miserable life.
Anytime someone makes a thread that hurts your feelings, you assume the person is frustrated or embittered.

I don't know how your reasoning works. People can make observations about their society without necessarily being in tough situations.... not that it's a crime to cry out when hurting.

Maybe I am frustrated. Maybe I am embittered. Should a Christian mock one who is down on their knees? Is that something the 'Christ-like' will do?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 10:23am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeromejnr:

You are lost man.

For those who are lost, there will always be Google Maps.

Those who live in the dark need to find the light first.... Move away from the 'shadow' of the Almighty.

5 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 05, 2020
HappyPagan:
Over years, the Nigerian church has grown strong. So has their mumu and noisemaking.

When I was little, church was on a Sunday. That was all. The rest of the week was for you and your family; the pastor also had to go to work for his family too. Churches were few, and useful.

Now I don old, church dey everywhere. The society has gotten worse but they say we should blame government. Their job is to make noise daily, every fucking day, with their broken loudspeakers and megaphones.

Clubs and churches would do battle on Friday nights; who go attract crowd pass? Then the Corona came, and now we have peace.

There's been peace on our street these past few days. I can feel my mental well being improving. I can finally appreciate the quietness of a cool evening, without any activity. A dull atmosphere has helped my head.

I hope the people of God will find freedom from these arrogant sons of bitches masquerading as Messengers of God. I hope the people of God realize one day that God is loving-kindness, not noise and prayer points.

I hope the people of God realize their role in society, and their role in creating a good society.

May the lessons on the Corona be with us this Palm Sunday. Hail the Rona.

Same here Pal. So many many churches and so many many bad things.

Seriously 80% of churches need to be closed down, just leave the Catholic and Anglican churches , and demolish the rest. They are a mighty nuisance.

6 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeromejnr:

And what is your Jesus doing about it ? LOL

2 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 10:26am On Apr 05, 2020
frosbel2:

Seriously 80% of churches need to be closed down, just leave the Catholic and Anglican churches , and demolish the rest. They are a mighty nuisance.
Catholics and Doglicks, Anglican or Pelican, I don't really care. You can do that in your personal space. Don't just make noise and bother the rest of the community.

6 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Jeromejnr(m): 10:35am On Apr 05, 2020
frosbel2:

And what is your Jesus doing about it ? LOL

Coming back to slay those who have corrupted the earth.

"13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations."

...“Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

I hope you would have had sense by then. If not, your "Loling" wouldn't help you.
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 05, 2020
HappyPagan:

Anytime someone makes a thread that hurts your feelings, you assume the person is frustrated or embittered.

I don't know how your reasoning works. People can make observations about their society without necessarily being in tough situations.... not that it's a crime to cry out when hurting.

Maybe I am frustrated. Maybe I am embittered. Should a Christian mock one who is down on their knees? Is that something the 'Christ-like' will do?
Hurt my feeling? Do I own a church? what is the essence of your bickering? what has it change? it is effort in futility.
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2020
profolaolu:
Hurt my feeling? Do I own a church? what is the essence of your bickering? what has it change? it is effort in futility.
Why do you bicker about my bickering? What is the essence of your bickering? Did my thread wake you up? Does it reverberate around the fences of your streets? Did your breakfast smell like shit this morning?

4 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 05, 2020
frosbel2:

Stop blabbering, you have a solution and you are here behaving like a school child that was not given biscuits and candy. Drive your caterpillar and go and start demolishing, that is when I know you are in your right sense, but now you are still control by bitterness, hatred and frustration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 10:55am On Apr 05, 2020
profolaolu:
......but now you are still control by bitterness, hatred and frustration
grin
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 05, 2020
HappyPagan:

Why do you bicker about my bickering? What is the essence of your bickering? Did my thread wake you up? Does it reverberate around the fences of your streets? Did your breakfast smell like shit this morning?
Hahahahahahahaha biker? hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha.
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by kingxsamz(m): 11:38am On Apr 05, 2020
Only fools will see something wrong in the Op's write up...
There's peace, quiet and sanity in our society today. All thanks to Almighty Rona....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lalasticlala .. can we have a day for Pagan threads to make frontpage?

We have one for Muslims, and Christians too. I am sure God commands his followers to be fair and balanced, treating even 'enemies' equally. I'm sure there are spiritual benefits too.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Mavrick2012: 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Good.

bros, you know his point,stop pretending.
So much noise about miracle,now that the world needs the miracle most,the miracle makers are no where to be found.
Now that the world isn't going to church did the moon fall?
The truth is,i now enjoy a street with minimal noise from the churches around

2 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by HappyPagan: 8:10am On Apr 22, 2020
Mavrick2012:
bros, you know his point,stop pretending.
So much noise about miracle,now that the world needs the miracle most,the miracle makers are no where to be found.
Now that the world isn't going to church did the moon fall?
The truth is,i now enjoy a street with minimal noise from the churches around

@Jeromejnr still attends church. He is faithfooly essential.

3 Likes

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Valkrie: 9:14am On Apr 22, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Coming back to slay those who have corrupted the earth.

"13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations."

...“Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

I hope you would have had sense by then. If not, your "Loling" wouldn't help you.

I always wonder why all these church people always think and see their God/jesus as a hired killer...!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Jeromejnr(m): 9:39am On Apr 22, 2020
Valkrie:

I always wonder why all these church people always think and see their God/jesus as a hired killer...!!

Christ will soon come to judgment, you ought therefore to be prepared to meet your God. He will come in all the glory of the Godhead, attended with the multitude of the heavenly host, and before him shall be gathered all nations. Every one of us must appear before his tribunal. We must meet the almighty God in judgment, when he comes to take vengeance of his adversaries. Ought we not to be prepared for this awful meeting?
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by Jeromejnr(m): 9:42am On Apr 22, 2020
HappyPagan:

@Jeromejnr still attends church. He is faithfooly essential.

Indeed O fallen man.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”
Re: How Corona Chased Away The Church Virus by TrajansKong: 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Christ will soon come to judgment, you ought therefore to be prepared to meet your God. He will come in all the glory of the Godhead, attended with the multitude of the heavenly host, and before him shall be gathered all nations. Every one of us must appear before his tribunal. We must meet the almighty God in judgment, when he comes to take vengeance of his adversaries. Ought we not to be prepared for this awful meeting?

This murderous, angry, vengeful god of yours sounds sort of familiar...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The "Black Jesus" Is One Of The False Christs That Would Arise In The Last Days / About Pastor Robert Madu / Pastor Adeboye Preached Today. A Lesson Learnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.