Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration (773 Views)

Dangerous Attitudes Amongst Nigerian Churches In The Diaspora / 7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
It is quite incredible that Pastor Chris of Christ Embassy has taken his time to say mouth watering rubbish as regards his theory on the 5g network and Covid-19.

As such, feeble minded Nigerians have swallowed everything hook, line and sinker and you can imagine a whole former senator of a Federal republic saying the government should stunt technological advancement because 5g is of the "antichrist".

***and someone created a topic on nairaland saying the government is laying '5g cables' in lagos. O lord!

As long as pastors keep using their medium to spread unintelligent and unfounded rumors, in the process drifting away from what the church was established for; said church(es) should be taxed.

MODIFIED: @Niorte Has made me believe Chris didn't say Coronavirus was caused by 5g, rather, it is a big conspiracy theory which ultimately ends in the actualization of the antichrist. Still, I say bullshit!

I'm bored abeg.

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Brandstudio01: 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2020
Does this mean all the Mosques would be Demolished?

Well, this is what I call the consequences of success. Because we all remember when these same church people where being laughed at because of poverty

To the point that the world even manufactured a proverb against them. Like as poor as church rat

Now they have become a Centre point for success. So much that everyone now talk about that same poor church rat

What a world?

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Babatunde40(m): 12:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
You are also spreading unintelligent and unfounded rumours. Which government authority has said churches will be taxed in the next administration?

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 12:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
Babatunde40:
You are also spreading unintelligent and unfounded rumours. Which government authority has said churches will be taxed in the next administration?

Bros, relax.

The headline was just to get your attention.
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Babatunde40(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
Yes i am. i just lifted something from your post to show you are doing same thing

Akunwafor:

Bros, relax.

Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Does this mean all the Mosques would be Demolished?

Well, this is what I call the consequences of success. Because we all remember when these same church people where being laughed at because of poverty

To the point that the world even manufactured a proverb against them. Like as poor as church rather.

Now they have become a Centre point for success. So much that everyone now talk about that same poor church rat

What a world?

Whether the pastor is rich or not is not even my problem.

My problem is that someone who saw it fit to build a multi billion naira engineering faculty in a school in Nigeria is out here saying 5g causes corona virus.
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by bigiyaro(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Akunwafor:

Bros, relax.

you are very much guilty of spreading falsehood and lies, the very thing you are accusing pastors of doing. This makes you a hypocrite.
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
bigiyaro:
you are very much guilty of spreading falsehood and lies, the very thing you are accusing pastors of doing. This makes you a hypocrite.

Please, what falsehood did I spread exactly?
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Niorte: 2:30pm On Apr 05, 2020
Akunwafor:
It is quite incredible that Pastor Chris of Christ Embassy has taken his time to say mouth watering rubbish as regards his theory on the 5g network and Covid-19.

As such, feeble minded Nigerians have swallowed everything hook, line and sinker and you can imagine a whole former senator of a Federal republic saying the government should stunt technological advancement because 5g is of the "antichrist".

***and someone created a topic on nairaland saying the government is laying '5g cables' in lagos. O lord!

As long as pastors keep using their medium to spread unintelligent and unfounded rumors, in the process drifting away from what the church was established for; said church(es) should be taxed.

I'm bored abeg.
Leave spirituality aside. Pastor Chris is a doctor, what's your qualification??

Because you have access to Nairaland abi? Tell us why we should believe you
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Niorte: 2:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
Akunwafor:

Whether the pastor is rich or not is not even my problem.

My problem is that someone who saw it fit to build a multi billion naira engineering faculty in a school in Nigeria is out here saying 5g causes corona virus.
Swift to hear and slow to speak.

He didn't say 5G cause Coronavirus. He only said Coronavirus was created to cause FEAR so that people will EMBRACE the 5G as a solution to Vaccine Digital ID.

Next time, comprehend before you comment

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
Niorte:

Tell us why we should believe you

You don't have to believe.
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2020
Niorte:

Swift to hear and slow to speak.

He didn't say 5G cause Coronavirus. He only said Coronavirus was created to cause FEAR so that people will EMBRACE the 5G as a solution to Vaccine Digital ID.

Next time, comprehend before you comment

Bullshit.

And you buy into that theory?
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 2:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
Niorte:

Leave spirituality aside. Pastor Chris is a doctor, what's your qualification??

Lol what do you think Chris is a doctor of?
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Bevista: 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2020
I detest pastors because they are a deplorable scamming bunch. However, on this subject, I stand 100% with pastor Chris.

The entire global response to the Covid-19 pandemic has been cleverly & deviously orchestrated to achieve a single objective -ID2020. The vaccines is just their medium for achieving that. I'm not say this because the pastor said so. I was already aware of this for several weeks, and so was impressed to hear the pastor speak on the subject with such fine details.

If you're interested, you can watch the documentary - "Obsolote". You can also watch - "We're Living in 12 Monkeys". I'll also share a link to an interview with David Icke. Just keep an open mind while watching them. And if I may also add, you can watch the movie - "Contagion".

Do you think the lockdown is done because the government loves its citizens? I'll tell you what - according to the CDC/WHO website, over 500k people die every year from smoking. Globally, that figure is around 6m annually. Why have governments around the world not banned tobacco companies? In Nigeria, every year, over 30k people die from road accidents, over 50k die from malaria, over 40k maternal mortality rates. I can go on and on. Why have the Nigerian govt never considered any of those a national emergency but we now chose to lock everyone at home because 2 people died from Corona Virus? Go figure!
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bevista:
I detest pastors because they are a deplorable scamming bunch. However, on this subject, I stand 100% with pastor Chris.

The entire global response to the Covid-19 pandemic has been cleverly & deviously orchestrated to achieve a single objective -ID2020. The vaccines is just their medium for achieving that. I'm not say this because the pastor said so. I was already aware of this for several weeks, and so was impressed to hear the pastor speak on the subject with such fine details.

If you're interested, you can watch the documentary - "Obsolote". You can also watch - "We're Living in 12 Monkeys". I'll also share a link to an interview with David Icke. Just keep an open mind while watching them. And if I may also add, you can watch the movie - "Contagion".

Do you think the lockdown is done because the government loves its citizens? I'll tell you what - according to the CDC/WHO website, over 500k people die every year from smoking. Globally, that figure is around 6m annually. Why have governments around the world not banned tobacco companies? In Nigeria, every year, over 30k people die from road accidents, over 50k die from malaria, over 40k maternal mortality rates. I can go on and on. Why have the Nigerian govt never considered any of those a national emergency but we now chose to lock everyone at home because 2 people died from Corona Virus? Go figure!

500k people dying from smoking does not call for a lockdown or government intervention; nobody forces you to smoke, smoking is a very voluntary action. It is also stated on the packs that you may live longer if you don't smoke. Cigarette companies are heavily taxed and there is no sense in banning it. I'm sure you or one of your friends smoke and even if you don't, you drink; and I am very sure you were one of those that raised their voices when a certain minister said alcohol should be banned in the whole country.

30k people die from road accidents doesn't mean everyone dies as they're entering the road. Most of those deaths are caused by over speeding which is another voluntary action by the driver.

50k die from malaria does not mean everyone that gets malaria dies. There's a cure for malaria and there are an array of drugs today that clears the parasite within hours.

40k maternal mortality rate arise from biological complications during childbirth and pregnant women patronizing local traditional midwives.

All these you have mentioned are either very avoidable problems or problems with a working solution. That being said, the government has programs in place to sensitise and educate masses concerning these problems you have mentioned.

Now, the corona virus has no cure, it is not a disease you get voluntarily, infact you won't even know you have it until you develop symptoms.

Due to it's very infectious nature, it is only logical a lockdown is imposed.

That aside, can you see how bodies are pilling up? Malaria kills 30k every year but covid-19 has killed over 50k within 3 months.

You will be very inconsiderate to say the lockdown is not merited.

As for the videos you said I should watch, I'll check them out if the network allows me. I'm stuck in a remote location outside lagos browsing with the mtn network so watching videos is a luxury for me right now.

1 Like

Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Bevista: 4:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
Akunwafor:
500k people dying from smoking does not call for a lockdown or government intervention; nobody forces you to smoke, smoking is a very voluntary action. It is also stated on the packs that you may live longer if you don't smoke. Cigarette companies are heavily taxed and there is no sense in banning it. I'm sure you or one of your friends smoke and even if you don't, you drink; and I am very sure you were one of those that raised their voices when a certain minister said alcohol should be banned in the whole country.

30k people die from road accidents doesn't mean everyone dies as they're entering the road. Most of those deaths are caused by over speeding which is another voluntary action by the driver.

50k die from malaria does not mean everyone that gets malaria dies. There's a cure for malaria and there are an array of drugs today that clears the parasite within hours.

40k maternal mortality rate arise from biological complications during childbirth and pregnant women patronizing local traditional midwives.

All these you have mentioned are either very avoidable problems or problems with a working solution. That being said, the government has programs in place to sensitise and educate masses concerning these problems you have mentioned.

Now, the corona virus has no cure, it is not a disease you get voluntarily, infact you won't even know you have it until you develop symptoms.

Due to it's very infectious nature, it is only logical a lockdown is imposed.

That aside, can you see how bodies are pilling up? Malaria kills 30k every year but covid-19 has killed over 50k within 3 months.

You will be very inconsiderate to say the lockdown is not merited.

As for the videos you said I should watch, I'll check them out if the network allows me. I'm stuck in a remote location outside lagos browsing with the mtn network so watching videos is a luxury for me right now.
Good points raised here. However, when I referred to the malaria deaths, I was talking about the Nigerian figures alone and not the global figures. WHO puts the global figures around +500k per year.

According to the official CDC website, there were of over 50 million infections during the 2017/2018 Flu season. Total deaths were estimated at over 60k. This is just for the US alone. You can read about it here. In the 2018/2019 flu season, there were over 40,000 deaths in the US alone. Still, there was no shutdown whatsoever.

BTW, just a few weeks ago Bill Gates was having a reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) session. You can read it here to see how he was justifying complete lockdowns. You will also read how he talks about vaccines as the only option to allow people to get back to their normal lives.

You can also read here about the link between ID2020 and vaccinations. ID2020 is funded by Microsoft & Gavi vaccines. During the AMA session, you'll hear Bill talks glowingly about Gavi. Here is the official ID2020 website. Scroll to the bottom to see the sponsors. Finally, click this Twitter link to to listen to a 40 secs interview by Bill Gates on the subject.

As for the videos I mentioned earlier, you'll need a lot data to be able to watch all of them...atleast 1 - 1.5gb.

All the embedded links are pasted below:

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/A-coronavirus-AMA

https://www.biometricupdate.com/201909/id2020-and-partners-launch-program-to-provide-digital-id-with-vaccines

https://id2020.org/

https://twitter.com/thejimjams/status/1246740219765731329?s=09
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by bigiyaro(m): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
Akunwafor:

Please, what falsehood did I spread exactly?
your title was a lie.
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Akunwafor(m): 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2020
bigiyaro:
your title was a lie.

Lol but do you know who's going to be the next president?
Re: Churches In Nigeria Will Be Taxed By The Succeeding Administration by Lush100(m): 8:47am On Apr 22, 2020
Yes sir,
pastor Chris is right,
covid19 and 5G are two different things.
they are using the virus to achieve a purpose (using fear) which seem to be 5G or digital ID vaccine or something around that.

That is what he meant. i am not his follower but i believe his saying 90%

Akunwafor:

Bullshit.

And you buy into that theory?

(1) (Reply)

What A Congregant Put In The Offering Envelope (photo) / If You Are Christ Like, You Are Under Bondage. / Hello God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.