Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People (3160 Views)

Wike Wants To Revenge On Atiku With Same Game Tambuwal Played / Why Wike Wants Secondus, PDP NWC Sacked / Blaming Buhari For Hardship, High Cost Of Food Items — Gov Badaru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Upritman(m): 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
The Rivers State Government under the leadership of Nyesom Wike has perfected plans to commence  the distribution of food items as part of palliatives during this Coronavirus pandemic.

Gov.Wike who inspected the State Food Bank established for the distribution of the food palliatives on Sunday said that a State Committee will be set up to implement the distribution of the foodstuffs.

Accompanied by Service Commanders who are members of the State Task Force on Enforcement of the Ban on Public and Religious Gatherings, Gov.Wike said:

"We inspected where we kept the relief materials for our palliative programme. Our intention is to ensure that we mitigate the impact of the sit-at-home directive.

"We are going to set up a committee for the distribution of the foodstuffs meant to serve as palliative for Rivers people. "

Bittertruth Media gathered that the food stuffs at the State Food Bank incude rice, garri, beans, noodles, yam, palm oil and salt.

The items according to a statement signed by Mr.Simeon Nwakaudu, the Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor, Electronic Media are to be distributed to the less privileged in all the 23 Local Government Areas.

The Governor warned against the politicisation of the fight against coronavirus, saying all stakeholders must make sacrifices.

"We say to our people, this is not a time to play politics. Nobody should play politics with the lives of people. Everybody has to make sacrifices to make sure everyone stays alive," he said.

The Rivers State Governor said that the State Government is prepared to tackle the deadly virus.

He said: "For now, we are not hundred percent ready, but we are about 90 percent ready. Luckily for us, we have no serious cases.

"The confirmed case is doing very well. They have sent her samples and it came out negative. The final sample has been sent and we are expecting the results.

"We are doing quite well. All members of the security council are working together to ensure that we prevent the spread of coronavirus."

See more pictures below @
https://bittertruthmedia.com/2020/04/05/covid-19-see-food-items-gov-wike-wants-to-distribute-to-rivers-people/

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Perfecttouchade: 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good.. at least hunger no go kill people cos I'm sure coro will be defeated in Jesus name.. Happy Palm Sunday Nairalanders

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Macphenson: 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nice one from Mr. Project.
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Garrieveryday: 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ok
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 05, 2020
River people or your cronies?

The common man will only get ₦400 worth of food stuff while your cronies load everything in their house

3 Likes

Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Kenmatt(m): 1:54pm On Apr 05, 2020
I hope it will not be like that of Lagos State where an entire Household is given a loaf of Bread

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Sammy07: 1:56pm On Apr 05, 2020
Kenmatt:
I hope it will not be like that of Lagos State where an entire Household is given a loaf of Bread

There is no way it won't be like Lagos own.

The thing is small compared to rivers population
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by 9jahotblog: 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nice one from rivers state governor.
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by brexit: 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
He is one of our best leaders not these media houses giving awards based on party affiliation when the people know that those governors are not performing, they 5th class governors (iti)

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
My prayer for Rivers state is that that one case of coronavirus remains the same until the said lady is treated and discharged from the hospital.

#NoAddition

4 Likes

Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by edoairways: 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
Kenmatt:
angry grin grin
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by edoairways: 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
I would adviser the delegate power to event planners to do the sharing
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Amhappy(f): 3:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
Yam and Palm Oyel na wetin this man wan give us
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Splashme: 3:28pm On Apr 05, 2020

This looks better than Lagos State distributing
one loaf of bread to each compound

Boys turning it into football

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Iceyjayz: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
Poverty cheesy
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by helinues: 4:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nice one..

Only if those who are in charge to distribute won't short changed their people
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by nobone(f): 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
God bless you

wizzyrich:
My prayer for Rivers state is that that one case of coronavirus remains the same until the said lady is treated and discharged from the hospital.

#No addition
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by teresafaith: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Until I see people benefiting before I believe all dem media hype

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
Re: Covid-19: See Food Items Gov.wike Wants To Distribute To Rivers People by BrightAhiah(m): 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
I thank the RSG for their kind gesture towards providing palliative measures for the common man buh honestly in my own opinion, the foodstuffs will not even be enough for my LGA (ONELGA) talk more of the 23 LGA we have in Rivers State...
What's the rationale towards the sharing of the foodstuffs?

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The Pasts Military Coups In Nigeria / #endsars: New Video From Another Eyewitness At Lekki Tollgate (57 Minutes) / Kayode Ogundamisi Embarrass A One Nigeria Igbo Boy On Twitter(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.