Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War (8143 Views)

Today In History Abagana Ambush Happened / The Abagana Ambush (march 31,1968) Biafra-nigeria Civil War / Obasanjo Speaks On Fayemi’s Victory In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Why should Republic of Igbo land need stiffs? It is a pity certain goons in Nigeria tend to arrogate err of importance to their silly selves. Some jackasses are expendables. There must be mighty Republic of Igbo land. The powerhouse of Africa. grin grin grin
That why other tribes in Nigeria hate you.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Please do not let me regard you as a wasted pipe. Who the hell is Nnamdi Kanu and master? I guess you have been tormented by your figment of imagination. Nnamdi Kanu is doing noble things and he has been appreciated however he is nobody's master. Do you have a state? If you freaking think you have a state, where is Bakassi? Some backwater states should be overrun when a new sheriff arrives in town.
. Niger Deltan will be too hot for you to handle. If only Ijaw can withstand Nigerian military what do you think will happen when every tribe in Niger Deltan joined force? Take this to the bank, we will never identify with IBO because of pride and selfishness

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by nku5: 1:50pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eteka1:
Another reason why I as a Cross Riverian cannot support anything like Biafra in the first place.

What the OSU's feared would have been like a child's play compared to what ethnic minorities like us would face.

You are talking as if the minorities dont also have ancient traditions like the killing of twins If you are bigoted be bold about it.

I'm sure you never heard of Philip Effiong, Okokon Ndem, Ignatius Kogbara?

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mrquote:

I never said I was, let's leave it here.
I thought you were there sha.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mrquote:

I see u know little about history let's leave it here, I have other things to do
Mr historian, bring the fact of shut the Bleep up.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Eteka1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 06, 2020
nku5:

You are talking as if the minorities dont also have ancient traditions like the killing of twins If you are bigoted be bold about it.

I'm sure you never heard of Philip Effiong, Okokon Ndem, Ignatius Kogbara?

I said what I said. And if you conduct a survey of opinions in present day Cross River and Akwa Ibom, that is what you will hear from majority.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by nku5: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eteka1:
I said what I said. And if you conduct a survey of opinions in present day Cross River and Akwa Ibom, that is what you will hear from majority.

Who is saying you did not say what you said? The fact is you spoke from a place of bigotry and lack of information.

If you cite Osu practice as a measure of what Igbo society is like in general why should you not look at the more horrific culture of killing twins in your place as a measure of your own society in general tongue

I ask again...do you know Philip Effiong, Okoko Ndem or Ignatius Kogbara? Did you hear them say anything about minorities in Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Eteka1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2020
nku5:

Who is saying you did not say what you said? The fact is you spoke from a place of bigotry and lack of information.

If you cite Osu practice as a measure of what Igbo society is like in general why should you not look at the more horrific culture of killing twins in your place as a measure of your own society in general tongue

I ask again...do you know Philip Effiong, Okoko Ndem or Ignatius Kogbara? Did you hear them say anything about minorities in Biafra?
It's insulting to assume I do not know Philip Effiong.

We in this part cannot support Biafra because we fear we would suffer marginalisation from the Igbos. The story about the OSU's just gave more credence to that fear.

Call it bigotry if you choose and lack of information if you like.

3 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by gidgiddy: 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jaubdu:

But if Igbos should declare Biafra tomorrow, it will be the same tribes who hate Igbos that will take up arms to fight for "one Nigeria"

Why would anyone be fighting to be with someone they hate? Thats what I never could understand

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Banmeallday: 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
In Biafra we Stand, not with the lie that NIgger Area is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEfNI9Aee4
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by nku5: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eteka1:
It's insulting to assume I do not know Philip Effiong.

We in this part cannot support Biafra because we fear we would suffer marginalisation from the Igbos. The story about the OSU's just gave more credence to that fear.

Call it bigotry if you choose and lack of information if you like.

Nobody ever asked for your support.

If you really know Effiong and the other non-Igbos who were pillars of the Biafran state and you are citing Osu caste system as an issue then you are simply bigoted and uninformed. I like how you have kept mute about the killing of twins in your place or the recent labelling of children as witches. It shows you are also hypocritical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

But if Igbos should declare Biafra tomorrow, it will be the same tribes who hate Igbos that will take up arms to fight for "one Nigeria"

Why would anyone be fighting to be with someone they hate? Thats what I never could understand
. If you don't add Niger Delta to you so called Biafra, they will gladly let you go. Got that.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Odkosh:
I deal with fact. Why is it that all you guys talk don't come with fact. Apapa wharf with material. Since you know this cos you were alive then, what is stopping you from bringing the pictures of the materials.

You have written like person with below average intellect. Anybody seen taking picture of Apapa Wharf during the era in discuss should be shot. Are you a learner or just being deluged by tribal sentiment?
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by gidgiddy: 10:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
. If you don't add Niger Delta to you so called Biafra, they will gladly let you go. Got that.

Really? If that were true, when Nigeria captured all the areas of the so called Niger Delta during the civil war, they would have let Igbos carry on as Biafra

In fact, if it was true that Nigeria would gladly let Igbos go, long time ago that Nigeria would give all the Igbo speaking territories a referendum for them to get out of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
. The Efik supported Biafra until your father choose to betray them hence the defeat

The rant of ant.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 10:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jaubdu:

In your deluded stream of thought, you think Ndigbo love the other tribes. What has your hated of Igbo achieved for the stiffs such as you? I do not give a hoot about your hatred or lack thereof. I am unequivocally for the Republic of Igbo land.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 10:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jaubdu:
. Niger Deltan will be too hot for you to handle. If only Ijaw can withstand Nigerian military what do you think will happen when every tribe in Niger Deltan joined force? Take this to the bank, we will never identify with IBO because of pride and selfishness

Are you a dumbass fool? Ndigbo took on the entire Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, USSR, Britain, Egypt, Canada, Australia and Arab league of nations in war of attrition talk less of moronic so-called Niger Deltan, if such crap ever existed. A dreamer is far better than you. What a ninny.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 10:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eteka1:

Are you brain dead? Who in his/her right senses would include stiffs such as you and your kindred as compatriots? The problem of moronic idiocy in Nigeria shall be solved with the achievement of Republic of Igbo land. Where were the opinions of the majority of Cross River and Akwa Ibom peeps when Bakassi was ceded to Cameroon? The next dealing of expendables must include you.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Dedetwo(m): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2020
Jaubdu:

Above statement classifies certain jackasses as expendables. Who are the "They" in the moronic post? You are one of the reason among many reasons the reasonable people want Nigeria disintegrated. Who would want to have a ninny with above stream of thought as a compatriot?
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Above statement classifies certain jackasses as expendables. Who are the "They" in the moronic post? You one reason among many reasons reasonable want Nigeria disintegrated. Who would want to have a ninny with above stream of thought as a compatriot?
. I am not your leaders who are in Abuja begging for some leftovers. Tell your leaders to move a motion in national assembly and let see if it will not fly. In the scheme of things in Nigeria,you will never in your delude mind smell the seat of power. That the honest truth

4 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

Above statement classifies certain jackasses as expendables. Who are the "They" in the moronic post? You one reason among many reasons reasonable want Nigeria disintegrated. Who would want to have a ninny with above stream of thought as a compatriot?
NIGERIAN doesn't see you as a compatriot but a necessary evil.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

. Let me shock you, Nigeria is a failed State, nothing work here but you see my friend, Biafra is not the solution to the Niger Deltan and it will never be.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Eteka1(m): 9:09am On Apr 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

Are brain dead? Who in his/her right senses would include stiffs such as you and your kindred as compatriots? The problem of moronic idiocy shall be solved with the achievement of Republic of Igbo land. Where were the opinions of the majority of Cross River and Akwa Ibom peeps when Bakassi was ceded to Cameroon? The next dealing of expendables must include you.
It's now very obvious that you are a compound fool.

4 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Eteka1(m): 9:12am On Apr 07, 2020
nku5:

Nobody ever asked for your support.

If you really know Effiong and the other non-Igbos who were pillars of the Biafran state and you are citing Osu caste system as an issue then you are simply bigoted and uninformed. I like how you have kept mute about the killing of twins in your place or the recent labelling of children as witches. It shows you are also hypocritical
Thank you. But we don't want Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 10:49am On Apr 07, 2020
Dedetwo:

You have written like person with below average intellect. Anybody seen taking picture of Apapa Wharf during the era in discuss should be shot. Are you a learner or just being deluged by tribal sentiment?
Mr high intellectual fool. Keep quiet if you can't bring the fact instead of displaying your stupidity to the world and still defending it. Ode

Same idiot like you have been asked to bring agreement signed between awolowo and ojukwu but you idiots will rather keep ranting on lies. You think everyone is foolish like you.

3 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2020
[s]
Dedetwo:

Are you a dumbass fool? Ndigbo took on the entire Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon, USSR, Britain, Egypt, Canada, Australia and Arab league of nations in war of attrition talk less of moronic so-called Niger Deltan, if such crap ever existed. A dreamer is far better than you. What a ninny.
[/s]Stop lying. We know the truth. Show the armies of those you mentioned on battlefield with Nigeria armies or keep quiet. Only losers look for excuses. If you are that powerful, you liars would have had ball to start another war since like 5 years you people have been beating empty chest.

All the France, West Germany, China, Spain, Portugal, south Africa, czhekoslovakia, Ivory Coast that fought alongside biafra are not ally. Cry cry baby.

3 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by IamAtikulate: 11:13am On Apr 07, 2020
emmysoftyou:
how did u know that?, I need link.
keep asking for link.

There is an association of Benue war widows and they once protested against non-payment of their late husband entitlement. There are about 500k of them.

Even the immediate past chairman of NEF from Benue said only national daily that Benue lost 500k combatants in the war.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by IamAtikulate: 11:14am On Apr 07, 2020
Odkosh:
[s][/s]Stop lying. We know the truth. Show the armies of those you mentioned on battlefield with Nigeria armies or keep quiet. Only losers look for excuses. If you are that powerful, you liars would have had ball to start another war since like 5 years you people have been beating empty chest.

All the France, West Germany, China, Spain, Portugal, south Africa, czhekoslovakia, Ivory Coast that fought alongside biafra are not ally. Cry cry baby.
Go figure out what happened within the first 5 days of the war before the Brits entered

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by emmysoftyou: 11:22am On Apr 07, 2020
IamAtikulate:

keep asking for link.

There is an association of Benue war widows and they once protested against non-payment of their late husband entitlement. There are about 500k of them.

Even the immediate past chairman of NEF from Benue said only national daily that Benue lost 500k combatants in the war.
really..I guess Nigeria suffered a lot of casualties than the biafran armies though biafran lost a lot of civilians during the war.
But I still need a link to stand as Evidence..
Is not bad asking for link so I can read more and add it as part of my discussion sire.
Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Perkins2018: 11:33am On Apr 07, 2020
goodnessme1:
And you lost kwara to fulanis.

Kwara is still a Yoruba land so I don’t understand your ipob induced ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Perkins2018: 11:51am On Apr 07, 2020
franchasng:
quoting Nwodo and Sunday Awoniyi on how OBJ became civilian President in 1999:

l will tell you how Obasanjo came about.

After his release from prison, Abdulsalami Abubakar's regime granted Obasanjo amnesty and that amnesty was engineered by General Ibrahim Babangida.

It was Babangida's own way of trying to put the June 12 debacle behind him because he believed that the South West had actually been pushed to the wall so much so that they were already singing their own Oodua anthem and were already hoisting their own flag in some places and he believed that Nigeria could not survive another secessionist war so the way he saw fit to placate them and carry them along was to cede the presidency to the South West.

He also figured that Obasanjo was the right man to do the job because Obasanjo was a man who, once he's convinced about what he has set out to do he would do it without bothering about what Nigerians or the press would say about him and that Nigeria needed someone like that at that time and that was his own analysis of Obasanjo and why he believed that he was the best man at that time.

The arguments were very very persuasive then and you know Chief Sunday Awoniyi is not one to be swayed easily.

Most people in Nigeria then believed in the argument that the only person who could stop the west from going was Obasanjo because he had been President before, he had the military training and he was a very patriotic person and he had the will power to do that without caring about the consequences. That Ekwueme would not be able to do that and that Ekwueme was angling at the last Constitutional Conference for regional armies and some people felt that that suggestion was fraught with the possibility of secession.

The truth is the Yorubas are being greedy, unfair, and biting too much.

What is good for John is also good for Peter.

Why can't the Yorubas just support Igbos to produce next southern President like it was done for them in 1999

Yorubas were at the height of seeking for secession to form Odua republic which made IBB lobby for OBJ to become President and pacify the Southwest.

Why cant Nigerians, especially Yorubas just support Igbos to produce next southern President like it was done for them in 1999, why Why are they clamoring to produce another southern President after producing OBJ that ruled for 8 years

They say Igbos don't know what they want, that Igbos are agitating for Biafra and also wanting to produce Nigeria's next President, didn't Yorubas do same in 1998/1999

Yorubas were at the height of seeking for secession to form Odua republic, hoisting Odua flags in all Yoruba states and communities, which made IBB lobby for OBJ to become President and pacify the Southwest.

For peace, unity and togetherness, why can't same be done for Igbos Think about this as a Yoruba Or Hausa-Fulani person, think and judge.

But you all claim Yoruba didn’t do anything when Abiola’s mandate was annulled.

You claimed Yorubas can never fight for secession.

You say Yorubas are cowards.

Are you now eating your own vomits?

Btw, did Yorubas beg for igbos help in all this?

Did Yorubas spew so much hatred against gobs then like you guys are doing now? Why make Yoruba your enemy? Why don’t you face the north alone like opc faced northerners then and killed many northerners?

You igbos have been saying you hate quotas and thrive in competition. Then compete with the Yoruba in 2023. No emotional blackmail.

1 Like

Re: Abagana Ambush: Biafra Biggest Victory In The Civil War by Odkosh: 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2020
IamAtikulate:

Go figure out what happened within the first 5 days of the war before the Brits entered
Do that again or keep quiet. You have ball right, it is time to prove it that it was Brit that won the war.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News:- Nnmandi Kanu Escaped From DSS Custody. / Mogadishu Somalia Looks Beautiful More Than The Niger Delta Region[photos] / Saraki: PDP Will Soon Begin To Receive Defectors From APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.