Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section (3879 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / To My Muslim Brothers: Don't Drink The New Fanta Apple! / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 01, 2011
I want to use this medium to express my sincere new year greetings to all muslims on Nl and do pray that may this year 2011 bring about more fulfillment to all our dreams and aspirations.
My greetings to mukina2, zayhal, uplawal, sweetnecta, bashydemy, Jarus etc.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 01, 2011
Today is not our new year,we've seen our new year some weeks past,and we dnt celebrate today as new year
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 01, 2011
haha madam, thats not how u ought to respond. im not talking about religion now but the worldview. We have one calender which is operative everywhere in the world including iraq, iran, saudi, israel, usa, uk etc. Today is the beginning of a new worldwide year and decade, thats what im greeting about. So lets change our mentality for once
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Lagosboy: 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2011
uplawal:

Today is not our new year,we've seen our new year some weeks past,and we dnt celebrate today as new year

Sister abeg take am easy, you cannot be acting like this with every single person here. It is true we have a new year in islam but the reality of todays is we follow 2 calenders. The guy wished us a happy new year , the least you could say is to thank him and advice him that we also have another new year in islam.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Lagosboy,if you looking for who to insult in the new year definately not me,you said,i cant be doing what with everyone on nairaland?do you know its insulting?this particular guy is an enemy of Islam and hes so glaring hes one from his posts,He insults the prophet and Allah severally,and youre here crying for him,the prophet said we should not do like they do,yet you blaming me for rebuking their new year wish,even if we use the calender on some bases,atleast we have our own calender,so its not proper to celebrate like they do ok,if you think am harsh,so be it,i dnt care of what you say regards me as long as i dnt offend Allah and the messenger.

This people youre fighting for,dont even care if you have a calender,or wished you happy new year, or think for once if our new year actually existed,or how many keferi wished you "happy new year" on your facebook in our calender"thats if youre on facebook.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Aishabee(f): 8:54pm On Jan 01, 2011
Uplawal, pls leave Toba preferably to be ignored as i stumbled on a thread yestr wher a muslim brother was advising against celebrating new year and he took it as his headache to attack & hurl insults at the people trying to explain the reasons to him, i ve bin luking for the thread to give him a piece of my heart as the internet kept messing up yestr but i cant find the thread again,

I sincerely believe he is here to make the same trouble he didnt finish up on that thread, if i decide not to celebrate new year cos i dnt believe how should dat affect you or ur other cohorts on dat thread and the topic posted didnt say "dnt celebrate new year and enforce the hijra calendar"

We can never have the same beliefs ,culture or skin color etc till eternity so why just we just appreciate the unity in diversity ( leaving out the extremist) if there is anything you dnt undastand by any1's ideology simply ask in a polite way and if there is a need to disagree do so respectfully,

If i as a person decide not to respond to ur greetings i think its appropriate cos it shows u r only out here to luk for trouble,
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2011
@Aisha,youre so right,jazakallah khairan for the piece,Asalamu Aleikum.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 01, 2011
with responses so far from the females on this thread, it confirms that the stereotyped perception of islam/moslems as intolerant, biased, ignorant and negative minded. For Gods sake whats wrong in wishing pple that call themselves 'believers' well in a new calender year being accepted and used by themselves? why the negative rantings on the ignorant pretence of me intending the opposite of the motive for the thread? With the way many Muslims think, if possible they'll have all non Muslims executed for not accepting their stance. Wow what a thinking. How can we live in harmony with myopic thinkers like these? the op had prayers and best wishes and not curses/insult but the ridiculous responses to the well meaning intention are unnecessary.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 02, 2011
Vintage Toba_ _ _ the anti-Islam Pharisee. Your Christ-like quality shows
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by mantraa: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2011
@toba
I dont think your greeting and good wishes were received in the spirit intended.

Debates are great for airing our views on a subject even if those views oppose each other and sometimes seem grossly offensive to those of a different faith.

However, at the end of the day we are all african brothers and sisters and can be courteous and respectful to each other as human beings.

I am sure that christians are offended by dissagreements just as much as muslims but he still found it within him to wish you fullfilment of your dream and aspirations for the next 12 months.

Is it so hard to be courteous in return? (even if its just for 1 day)

Respects
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2011
@mantra its just a pity that pple are rigid minded. For once a hand of love was extended yet received with hatred. To the responding moslems, All the spaces should be for only them and no form of interaction with others. too bad
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by tbaba1234: 1:47pm On Jan 02, 2011
Thanks Toba, Wish you the same, 

' You shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves and you shall certainly hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the book before you and from those who worship many gods, But if you persevere patiently and guard against evil. - then that will be a determining factor in all affairs' (Surah 3:186)

Peace,
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Aishabee(f): 2:42pm On Jan 02, 2011
Toba i can see you are now acting the good guy to those who dnt knw you there is no big deal in you coming here to wish muslims a happy new year, afterall i had calls, text messages etc from lots of friends & family wishing me same

If you want us to take your greetings with a good intention i'm sure you knw that will definitely take time,

I recently went on vac wit my hubby and we stayed with a christian family friend for 2 weeks, they asked questions and we also did and never for once did we have to argue unnecessarily, i ve told any1 who cares to listen i come from a christian family i slept on the same bed with my mum who is a deacon in winners chapel for years we joked about stuffs & respected each other's spaces, we never for one day had any cause to argue disrespectfully

Arguments, debates are very healthy for any relationship whatsoever so far its done in a respectful and constructive way you dnt have to insult people to get across your point

Maybe if you start dis way and we see the sincerity then any of ur greeting will be heartily welcomed, OK
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2011
well dont be stereotyped in ur act/response. l prayed & didnt curse so that fact alone should make u respond well.
arguments apart, that will always come in an open forum where all forms of conversations are allowed.
let me ask u, have we argued on Nl before?

also ur pple are equally guilty in crossfire deliberations on Nl no?
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
@Aishabee,am so happy for you,i was a christian too before until i converted to Islam,hope you can see the diffrence now, i mean in xtianity
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Sweetnecta: 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2011
Toba didnt extend any good wishes or strong hand of love during ID Fitr, ID Adha and Islamic New Year.

What a big time Hypocrites.

He is Yoruba. Just imagine if the Onishango greets you "happy Shango" but ignored you in your Easter few weeks or months before!

So how do you expect muslims to react, man, toba, with your obvious hatred?
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Aishabee(f): 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2011
Toba You will never catch me arguing cos i respect the fact that we are different in our beliefs, background etc I only state my opinions and leave it at that so i doubt if we had one before but i knw you responded to couple of my posts the only one i can rembr for now is when u said u almost had an accident on abuja airport road cant really rembr but i def follow & see ur responses to sum of the thread i read so i knw u by post very well,

Uplawal, walaykum salam sorry got carried away by Toba, sure u are enjoying the marital bliss May Allah continue to put his barakah in it,
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 02, 2011
okay I hardly visit this section grin  but happy new year to my fellow Muslims.  May Allah grant all our wishes and make all our plans and aspirations come true.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2011
@Aishabee,yes i am really enjoying it,mashaAllah,and amin to your prayer.Jazakallahu Khairan.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by zayhal(f): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2011
The OP is ok. I've received a lot of greetings- verbal and sms from people wishing me a happy new year. But truth be told, toba is a trouble-maker. I very much doubt his 'sincerity'. He did same thing last year and I was involved in the argument.

Toba knows himself, those defending him don't.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2011
This Moslems sef, of all NL e-idiot to respond to, you choose a religious fanatic like Toba. Mscheew!
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2011
i shouldnt have responded, but i need to get some things cleared. Some of u muslims are saying my greetings are welcomed whilst others are saying im a trouble maker. l think referring to me as a trouble maker is absolutely unfair. U have no rights to judged me based on wrong preconceived and stereotyped notions. lf u dont want my greetings, simply walk away rather than coming here to yell. pple like sweetnecta are real trouble makers. they come to the other side to cause trouble and insult christians. no? but this thread is peacefully intended so pls lets remain peaceful
Zayhal only God knows why u have so much hatred for
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by zayhal(f): 12:00am On Jan 04, 2011
toba:

i shouldnt have responded, but i need to get some things cleared. Some of u muslims are saying my greetings are welcomed whilst others are saying im a trouble maker. l think referring to me as a trouble maker is absolutely unfair. U have no rights to judged me based on wrong preconceived and stereotyped notions. lf u dont want my greetings, simply walk away rather than coming here to yell. pple like sweetnecta are real trouble makers. they come to the other side to cause trouble and insult christians. no? but this thread is peacefully intended so pls lets remain peaceful
Zayhal only God knows why u have so much hatred for
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Sweetnecta: 2:52am On Jan 05, 2011
toba is called trouble maker, he had to call me 'real' trouble maker. you were being called out toba because your greeting is really out of place; you didnt greet the muslims on either of the Eids, but you conveniently remember to greet them when it is a meaningless holiday[s]. this is was the issue, and no one is shooing you away except that they see your greeting as hypocritical, similar to a jewish greeting muslims for yum kippur.

ogbeni, maa bami loruko jeee o. its the lies of the christians that i challenge them on, though my action may seem like insulting or abusing the christians to you, because of your point of view. how did i abuse or insult christian man Tonye-T based on his lies, which the guy went underground upon, without defending his claim and or answer my challenge? okare toba; the friend of martha with her efo riro.
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 05, 2011
what u are telling me now is that i shouldnt have prayed/ wished muslims well for 2011 year? but mukina2 is a muslim, she greeted pple happy new yr same as Abuzola. So why cant u do the same with a big hug?
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Jarus(m): 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2011
Thanks, Toba
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by alienvirus: 6:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
Toba doesn't have any good intention with his greeting. why didn't he come during our celebrations. Abeg jorrr
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by AbuHanifa: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
What do people really want to gain from putting up issues?
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by zayhal(f): 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2011
AbuHanifa:

What do people really want to gain from putting up issues?

They have a lot of time on their hands, and don't know what to do with it. sad
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2011
zayhal and co. what ve i done wrong? is Jarus not a muslim? what didnt he respond like u guys?

l say it again 'happy new to all Nairaland muslims and may show every Favour in 2011
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
zayhal:

They have a lot of time on their hands, and don't know what to do with it. sad
are u sure? what if i invest my time on you this year, will it be good?
Re: Happy New year To The Muslim Brothers&sisters In This Section by AbuHanifa: 5:02am On Jan 08, 2011
They need to read time management in the life of a muslim!

(1) (2) (Reply)

He's A Muslim / "Why I Converted To Islam' - Former Actress Vivian Metchie Opens Up / Eid Mubarak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.