Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. (4432 Views)

WHO Bribes Madagascar President With $20 Million To Have COVID-19 Drug Poisoned / Help: I Have Covid 19 Symthoms / Italy Has Spread Coronavirus To 11 Countries So Far (info Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 2:28am On Apr 06, 2020
Well, well, what do you know, I have coronavirus. Despite all the “it won’t be my portion”. There has to be some sort of a mistake somewhere - only people u read about on the internet and newspapers get coronavirus, not someone like me - someone just minding his business.

Anyway, here’s a chronology of what happened. I hope it is of use to someone.

I can’t pinpoint the exact instant of infection but I know over past several weeks I’ve been in close contact with various people.

About a week ago I had a fleeting feeling that something wasn’t quite right. Then the feeling
went away. The next day I started having sore throat that won’t go away no matter how much I gargled with salt water and drank tea (I still have it - like I have something in my throat). My mind went to the virus but I dismissed the idea - someone like me simply doesn’t get such a virus. Well, the next day I had a slight fever. I know fever is one of the symptoms and though the fever quickly went away, still I was a little bit worried and started totally isolating myself. But there was no dry cough! So I hung my hope on that (though I knew quite well that not everyone has a cough as symptom). Well Friday morning the slight dry cough arrived, then the fever came back strong. Now I had no doubt. The same virus that kills thousands around the world everyday, that’s what I’m suddenly facing! The first reaction was sheer terror - I have so much to do in life yet my time has suddenly run out! Chai! Then prayer - thanking God for saving me from the evil virus and for giving me MEFLOQUINE.

Yes, Mefloquine - the same drug I was taking once a week to prevent malaria but had long stopped taking. I had just started taking it again the week before after reading that Russians had good results with it (though it was developed by US army in the ‘80’s). I decided to take Mefloquine. First I took some tea with lime and lemon and vinegar. Then I ate some swallow with lots of ginger and garlic. Then I took one 250mg of mefloquine tablet (you can’t take mefloquine on an empty stomach). I shortly fell asleep. When I woke up the fever and grogginess were gone and somehow I was no longer afraid. I have taken the same dosage four times since then, every time I feel somehow (though it is supposed to be taken once a week). I read on the web u r supposed to take 5 tablets at once to cure malaria. So I know I’m not over-dozing. No one knows anything about this virus or I’d have gone straight to a doctor as usual. I still retain that option, but so far so good. Let’s all keep each other in our prayers (if u r a believer).

Somehow I have a feeling that our weather combined with chloroquine renders covid-19 a disease milder than malaria in Nigeria. Yes, many, many Nigerians will possibly get it and possibly already have, but, except for very few cases, I don’t think it wil be a deadly illness as the world is seeing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Offpoint: 2:31am On Apr 06, 2020
grin grin How do you know you had Corona with just what you typed? I didn't see anywhere you mentioned you were tested and confirmed POSITIVE, rather you only concluded based on symptoms which is similar to that of other ailment.

Please nobody should self medicate o, i know right now many will write MELFLOQUINE down somewhere, many will screenshot and bookmark this page..... and start eating MELFLOQUINE like the Biblical manner when they have common fever or cough.

This corona should come and go abeg, I sneezed 2 days ago with a little cough cause I had common cold, since then all my neighbors had been avoiding me like the Egyptian plagues.

To be honest, Psychologically....everybody don get corona virus....

Meanwhile I will contribute my own quota by teaching you how to make money publishing on Amazon KDP without writing any book.
Will also teach you how start dropshipping as a Nigerian

send a mail to itguru20151@gmail.com your mail subject should be "NWSLFS" + your NL username (Note you will get reply from 12:30 am)
LIMITED SPOT

8 Likes

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Passionate888: 2:35am On Apr 06, 2020
Drug advertisement!

2 Likes

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by uboma(m): 2:52am On Apr 06, 2020
Passionate888:
Drug advertisement!

Sounds more like it.

2 Likes

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by uboma(m): 2:55am On Apr 06, 2020
Offpoint:
grin grin How do know you had Corona with just what you typed? I didn't see anywhere you mentioned you were tested and confirmed POSITIVE, rather you only concluded based on symptoms which is similar to that other ailment.

Please nobody should self medicate o, i know right now many will write MELFLOQUINE down somewhere, many will screenshot and bookmark this page..... and eating MELFLOQUINE like the Biblical manner when they have common fever or cough.

This corona should come and go abeg, I sneezed 2 days ago with a little cough cause I had common cold, since then all my neighbors has been avoiding me like the Egyptian plagues.

To be honest, Psychologically....everybody don get corona virus

You are on point.

Concerning your neighbours avoiding you like some sort of Egyptian plagues, make you no blame them. Man is wired that way. You will do same if you come across another with same symptoms you described above.

Very funny sha.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Offpoint: 3:07am On Apr 06, 2020
uboma:

You are on point.

Concerning your neighbours avoiding you like some sort of Egyptian plagues, make you no blame them. Man is wired that way. You will do same if you come across another with same symptoms you described above.

Very funny sha.
Honestly i'm tired of washing my hands, if this thing did not end in a month time... the rate I am going with hand washing, I might be left with no hands left to wash.... I might WASH AWAY MY HANDS grin

7 Likes

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Aladdin1(m): 3:39am On Apr 06, 2020
Self medication is still not the best.you never got tested.then how did you just reach conclusi6n that you had covid'19?. pls dont create a sense of false hope and self medication to the public as it could be deadlier than covid-19

7 Likes

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Votewisely2019: 4:22am On Apr 06, 2020
Some persons have been trying to force us to buy mefloquine all in the name of covid19, this is the third person now. All of you that went and stock mefloquine and looking for how to sell it, hmmm...

2 Likes

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Tallesty1(m): 6:27am On Apr 06, 2020
Offpoint:

Honestly i'm tired of washing my hands, if this thing did not end in a month time... the rate I am going with hand washing, I might be left with no hands left to wash.... I might WASH AWAY MY HANDS grin
My brother, my hands have absorbed so much soap and sanitizer that when I pee, I clean the toilet.

1 Like

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2020
No fears. I'll join my voice with that of others, you still need to visit a hospital or any authorized testing facility to ascertain if you're truly positive. Right now, you're still on assumptions which isn't very good. Who knows....you might just be having fever with some symptoms of common cold? In all, remain strong, eliminate all forms of your fears, take charge of your psychology and emotions and say to yourself "I'll be fine, even if I happen to be sick of this virus, I must recover". Peace.

2 Likes

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2020
Offpoint:
grin grin How do you know you had Corona with just what you typed? I didn't see anywhere you mentioned you were tested and confirmed POSITIVE, rather you only concluded based on symptoms which is similar to that of other ailment.

Please nobody should self medicate o, i know right now many will write MELFLOQUINE down somewhere, many will screenshot and bookmark this page..... and start eating MELFLOQUINE like the Biblical manner when they have common fever or cough.

This corona should come and go abeg, I sneezed 2 days ago with a little cough cause I had common cold, since then all my neighbors had been avoiding me like the Egyptian plagues.

To be honest, Psychologically....everybody don get corona virus....

Meanwhile I will contribute my own quota by teaching you how to make money publishing on Amazon KDP without writing any book.
Will also teach you how start dropshipping as a Nigerian

send a mail to itguru20151@gmail.com your mail subject should be "NWSLFS" + your NL username (Note you will get reply from 12:30 am)
LIMITED SPOT

My brother may this virus stay far away from you and yours, but I am 1000% sure. It will be a waste of time and resources going for a test, resources that are better directed to people in critical need.

As for self-medication, nobody knows much about this virus, so even the doctors are guessing. They very likely get their info from the internet just like you - except that u have more time to do a more thorough research than a doctor.

As for mefloquine, u think it is easy to get? Why not try to get it. Also do some research on it. See below

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
Passionate888:
Drug advertisement!

To what end? It is not that type of drug my brother. See my screenshot above.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
uboma:

Sounds more like it.

Mr. Uboma, b4 u comment it pays to do a bit of google search. See screenshot above
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by asthmacoughend(m): 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
@CanadaorBurst. Thank God for your Life and restorations.Is Mefloquine in Nigeria ? Is it different from the normal Chloroquine?
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Aladdin1:
Self medication is still not the best.you never got tested.then how did you just reach conclusi6n that you had covid'19?. pls dont create a sense of false hope and self medication to the public as it could be deadlier than covid-19

My brother nobody knows anything about this virus.
Doctors will even advice u not to use chloroquine because it is meant to kill a parasite not a virus.
Oh I didn’t just reach a conclusion, I know myself very well - that’s why I am 100% sure!
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by uboma(m): 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Mr. Uboma, b4 u comment it pays to do a bit of google search. See screenshot above

I get you Sir. However how certain is it that you got infected with the Corona virus? You did not allow a medical facility to confirm it. You could have had just malaria with your mind playing tricks on you....
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by uboma(m): 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Doctors will even advice u not to use chloroquine because it is meant to kill a parasite not a virus.
Oh I didn’t just reach a conclusion, I know myself very well - that’s why I am 100% sure!

What our Doctors do not know yet is the exact drug to cure the disease. However they can 90% say if you have the virus or not.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Aladdin1(m): 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Okay Bro. if you say so. If we dont take care of ourselves in nigeria who will? I thank God for your recovery.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 8:49pm On Apr 06, 2020
Votewisely2019:
Some persons have been trying to force us to buy mefloquine all in the name of covid19, this is the third person now. All of you that went and stock mefloquine and looking for how to sell it, hmmm...

Lol. Why not try to get your hands on some and then come back and report how successful u were. It is not that kind of drug
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Quinex:
No fears. I'll join my voice with that of others, you still need to visit a hospital or any authorized testing facility to ascertain if you're truly positive. Right now, you're still on assumptions which isn't very good. Who knows....you might just be having fever with some symptoms of common cold? In all, remain strong, eliminate all forms of your fears, take charge of your psychology and emotions and say to yourself "I'll be fine, even if I happen to be sick of this virus, I must recover". Peace.

The Queen has spoken! Nothing left to say cheesy. Except, in this case u r a bit off, my beautiful friend, simply because u don’t know me - otherwise you’d see why I am 100% sure. For one thing I never get sick, I never even have malaria - only something new can cause all these symptoms to suddenly appear all at once on me.
It will be a waste of time and resources going for a test - resources that are better reserved for people in critical need. Thanks for the kind words.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by asthmacoughend(m): 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2020
@ the op,Why are you avoiding my question ,Am asking is Mefloquine Different from.the normal Chloroquine? Is Mefloquine sold in Nigeria .
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
Aladdin1:
Okay Bro. if you say so. If we dont take care of ourselves in nigeria who will? I thank God for your recovery.

Exactly. But I’m not yet recovered. I can actually feel my body fighting the virus. I do all I can to aid it in the fight - lots of green or black tea with lemon, lime, vinegar, lots of ginger and garlic.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Franzinni: 8:13am On Apr 07, 2020
Good you cut it at its bud quickly and it also shows how ready you were informatively.. Nice one and it is a good one you shared it all here... The thing that surprises me is how unsure the world is about this virus ... A couple of days university scientist wrote about how they hope summer would come as it us well documented that the coronavirus family don't thrive well in hot weather ... And it got me confused because these same scientists still said ...weather don't matter ... Now they also said the virus can stay in the air for 30 minutes ... And nah them still say it travels vial droplets and I am sure anything heavier than air will always want to fall to the ground ... If they could only put more research to how these things are so slow in Africa they might find a lasting cure for these family ... SARS.jumped us...mers jumped us ... I know influenza was a killer tho and maybe that is why dem feel say weather no matter ... Anyways nice read and thanks for sharing no knowledge is a waste

1 Like

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Ray360: 10:08am On Apr 07, 2020
TOTAL SECURITY IN JESUS CHRIST

A critical look into what is happening in the world today will in many ways reveal that we are indeed in critical times. The Coronavirus pandemic has shifted the world to the edge. Pastors and prophets are coming up with prophecies of end time, and how any moment from now, the church will be raptured.

This post is not to regurgitate or reiterate all that has been said, or to create fear or panic in you (You have had too much dose of that lately), but to point you to one person - *Jesus the Christ!*

*2nd Tim. 1 vs 7* _":For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."_

Fear is not the father's gift to us, but "LOVE." and nothing can change that for a man who has a defined place in Christ. These are end times, no doubt, Prophecies in the Bible are playing out before our very eyes, but, We are still on earth and Christ has no come yet. Which means, grace still abound in all of these. Grace for repentance, Grace for reconsecration.

If you are reading this and you're scared, it maybe because you have no place in Christ and your walk with God is not defined. The spirit of fear currently ravaging the world is *NEVER* from God. Jesus loves you so much to allow you perish.

It is in Christ you can have total Security from all that's happening currently. Scripture says:

*Prov. 18 vs 10:* _"The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. "_

But, you cannot run into a name (Jesus) that you don't know and have no relationship with. Can you seek refuge and safety in the house of a man you don't know? �

Jesus is calling you to genuine repentance today. He loves you so, so much to allow you perish. His wish is that everyone will come to repentance.

*John 3 vs 17:* _"For God sent not his son to *Condemn the world, but that the world through him might be save."_

Jesus has not come to condemn anyone, but to save you. He is not casting you away. How can a father who loves you cast you away?

If you're not genuinely born again, you are not safe. You're living on the edge. Now is the time. Just bow your head now and talk to him. Tell him you're sorry for your sins and you want to enter into this total Security in Christ. Tell him you accept him as your Only Lord and saviour, and henceforth, you'll live for him.

Hallelujah!!! ���. I personally welcome you to this new life. The life of the believer. You are now a child of God. Praise God!

Please share to other whatsapp groups.

If you need someone to talk to, you can message me.

I love you.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

The Queen has spoken! Nothing left to say cheesy. Except, in this case u r a bit off, my beautiful friend, simply because u don’t know me - otherwise you’d see why I am 100% sure. For one thing I never get sick, I never even have malaria - only something new can cause all these symptoms to suddenly appear all at once on me.
It will be a waste of time and resources going for a test - resources that are better reserved for people in critical need. Thanks for the kind words.
Hello...hope you feel better today?
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
Quinex:
Hello...hope you feel better today?

Just very weak and groggy. Thanks dear
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2020
asthmacoughend:
@ the op,Why are you avoiding my question ,Am asking is Mefloquine Different from.the normal Chloroquine? Is Mefloquine sold in Nigeria .

For some reason u don’t appear in my mentions. I just now saw your posts by reading this page. Thanks 4 your kind words though I’m not recovered yet - very weak and groggy.
As for the drug, like am some sort of authority cheesy.. see below.

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Sparrow0: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
Damn I'm just seeing this now
Be strong man. Nothing do you
Thank God you took action early
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Just very weak and groggy. Thanks dear
All right.Take good care.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by CanadaOrBust: 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
Sparrow0:
Damn I'm just seeing this now
Be strong man. Nothing do you
Thank God you took action early

Thanks man, ‘preciate.
My experience actually dovetails Seun’s thesis that the country should open back up but with strong restrictions - no handshakes, no hugging of any kind, everyone must wear facemasks, social distancing, no large crowds, hand sanitizer dispensaries everywhere, etc. Totally shutting down the economy may end up producing more casualties than Coro ever would have.
Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by uboma(m): 7:57am On Apr 08, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

My brother may this virus stay far away from you and yours, but I am 1000% sure. It will be a waste of time and resources going for a test, resources that are better directed to people in critical need.

As for self-medication, nobody knows much about this virus, so even the doctors are guessing. They very likely get their info from the internet just like you - except that u have more time to do a more thorough research than a doctor.

As for mefloquine, u think it is easy to get? Why not try to get it. Also do some research on it. See below

For a country that claimed to cure the Coronavirus disease with Mefloquine, their cases of covid-19 pandemic has risen to over 6000 cases as at yesterday April 7, 2020. They are having some cases of death as well and jobs have been put on hold as a result.

And to address your last paragraph, Mefloquine is readily available for children and adults doses in reputable pharmacies.

1 Like

Re: I Have COVID-19. My Experience So Far. by Sparrow0: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Thanks man, ‘preciate.
My experience actually dovetails Seun’s thesis that the country should open back up but with strong restrictions - no handshakes, no hugging of any kind, everyone must wear facemasks, social distancing, no large crowds, hand sanitizer dispensaries everywhere, etc. Totally shutting down the economy may end up producing more casualties than Coro ever would have.
I swear man. People are struggling right now, they could barely eat 3 square meals.
The prices of basic goods have doubled.
But even with the lockdown people are still going out, how do you think they're going to abide to those rules of no handshakes, no hugging and wearing facemask? Nigerians are stubborn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Natural Eczema Remedies / For The Fat People That Wish To Slim Down Their Size / Man With The Largest Joystick, 5kg Scrotum, 3ft Joystick Undergoes Surgery(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.