Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? (281 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? by andrenz: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
so I stumble upon this bible passage today and I want us to share our take on it.

1 Timothy 2:11-15
women should listen and learn quietly and humble.
But I suffer not a woman to teach nor to ur sup authority over the man. let them be silent in church meetings. why? because God made Adam first, and afterwards he made Eve. And it was not Adam who was fooled by Satan, but Eve, and sin was the result. So God sent pain and suffering to women when their children are born, but he will save their soul if they trust in him, living quite, good and loving life.
also read 1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
andrenz:
so I stumble upon this bible passage today and I want us to share our take on it.

1 Timothy 2:11-15
women should listen and learn quietly and humble.
But I suffer not a woman to teach nor to ur sup authority over the man. let them be silent in church meetings. why? because God made Adam first, and afterwards he made Eve. And it was not Adam who was fooled by Satan, but Eve, and sin was the result. So God sent pain and suffering to women when their children are born, but he will save their soul if they trust in him, living quite, good and loving life.
also read 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Ministering and giving sermons is the height of worship that brings us in direct contact with spirit beings(angels), it's got to do with emotional fitness. That's why angels are furious about females taking up that responsibility {1Corinthians 11:10} because they're WEAKER emotionally! 1Peter 3:7

Jesus set the standard by choosing 12 Apostles (those who will lead after his departure), they were all males! Matthew 10:2-4

God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? by hupernikao: 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Maximus69:

Ministering and giving sermons is the height of worship that brings us in direct contact with spirit beings(angels), it's got to do with emotional fitness. That's why angels are furious about females taking up that responsibility {1Corinthians 11:10} because they're WEAKER emotionally! 1Peter 3:7

Jesus set the standard by choosing 12 Apostles (those who will lead after his departure), they were all males! Matthew 10:2-4

God bless you! smiley

Seriously!!!!?
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? by AntiChristian: 7:20am On Apr 07, 2020
grin

But we have women Pastors, evangelists, etc.

Some even slaying for Christ with their trousers and make up!

Even mummy GO senior pastor!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 07, 2020
AntiChristian:
grin

But we have women Pastors, evangelists, etc.

Some even slaying for Christ with their trousers and make up!

Even mummy GO senior pastor!

Just as we also have terrorists, suiside bombers, prostitutes drinking whiskey and smoking weed claiming Muslims.

You need not bother Sir.

I know that according to the sunah, such ones aren't TRUE Muslims.

So you too try to figure out what TRUE Christianity means in order to sort out the real Christians amongst counterfeit ones!

Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? by AntiChristian: 7:56am On Apr 07, 2020
Maximus69:

Just as we also have terrorists, suiside bombers, prostitutes drinking whiskey and smoking weed claiming Muslims.

You need not bother Sir.

I know that according to the sunah, such ones aren't TRUE Muslims.

So you too try to figure out what TRUE Christianity means in order to sort out the real Christians amongst counterfeit ones!

Grandpa, you ain't using your thinking cap sir.

We have both Muslims and non-Muslims doing all that you wrote there!

Christianity is not only for Jehovah witnesses.
And the picture you posted has revealed your bigotry!

We are on lockdown and you no fit carry your Jehovah witness bag Waka go preach from house to house!

Abi na bus stop you dey arrange your book sit?

grin

Oniyeye agbalagba!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2020
AntiChristian:

Grandpa, you ain't using your thinking cap sir.

We have both Muslims and non-Muslims doing all that you wrote there!

Christianity is not only for Jehovah witnesses.
And the picture you posted has revealed your bigotry!

We are on lockdown and you no fit carry your Jehovah witness bag Waka go preach from house to house!

Abi na bus stop you dey arrange your book sit?

grin

Oniyeye agbalagba!

The point is you want to accuse a people you knew nothing about but instead of listening to wise direction to understand the situation you are becoming pigheaded and stubborn unnecessarily!

Muslims and none Muslims doing that but hypocritically you've chosen to point accusing finger at a group, what do you have to say about yourself? smiley

Simply because you can't sought out the real practicers of the religion you chose doesn't make everyone must be as dumb as you.

Jehovah's Witnesses are the one and only TRUE Christian Organization, so if you've gotten any rift to settle with Christianity, face the right direction, otherwise you're only foolish yourself as you keep throwing your bullets away!

You can't be fighting against what you don't know, i was like you before i got to understand that there is a group of TRUE Christians, i tried all my best to use Islam against all other religions but when i found out that there is a better form of FAITH than Islam, i honestly submitted to the will of the TRUE God!

JEHOVAH'S son Jesus Christ never gave us a date that our house to house preaching and teaching work must stop, but he sure warned us that we will see the sigh. Today, all religions on planet earth have been facing the lockdown order including Islam, for almost a week now i haven't heard any ladan's call for the salat, meaning Islam is also dying gradually.

But what about Jehovah's Witnesses?

Of course the invitation is gradually ending due to the lock down, but know that it's only those who are outside the Ark now that can't come in, Jehovah's Witnesses are still having our own worship just as Jesus foretold IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH!

Today is the most memorable day in this year for Jehovah's Witnesses globally, the annual commemoration we will do today, and for your information nothing NOT even COVID19 can stop us from doing what Jesus asked us to KEEP DOING IN REMEMBRANCE OF HIM! Luke 22:19

Our meetings is still holding through the internet, we are still enjoying all our meetings as usual, the only thing is you and your cohorts can't see us as you use to before.

It has now totally become worship that's done in SPIRIT (worship that's not visible to the unconcerned) and TRUTH (one that's uniting faithful servants of God globally).

So continue ranting in support of your dead religion! wink

Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Ministering Or Even Giving Sermon In Church Or Not? by luvmijeje(f): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2020
Op, what's your point? The Bible is written by men who are misogynist. Men who sees women only fit enough to be fuc.k, clean up their mess and to carry babies. So I don't know understand the purpose of your thread.

(1) (Reply)

/ . / How To Organise The Islamic Funeral For Those Killed By Covid-19 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.