Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? (2963 Views)

Litchat App: New Features Added / I Came Here 4 Inspiration But These (pics) Is What I Used To Get. Nairaland Why? / Gmail Is Getting Cool New Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
chim14:

Well while some programmers are being obsessed by esp this React of a thing, one digital marketer is or non technical is just sitting in one corner earning much more than a developer..lol.

Programming language is not important, it's what u produce with it, do people love it, does it have a mass appeal, no one cares if it's just php so far everything works well. The real business world no one cares what you use, they just want to see result.

Only young or naive programmers are obsessed or boast of programming languages, old ones don't, they just select a suitable language that fits the project, get d job done & move one. What good is a react web app with no traffic.
Show me a digital marketer that earns more than a programmer and I will show you Programmer whose monthly earn is more than than the earn of 10 digital Marketer.!!!
And I guess you don't program much, because language really matter, Technology grows, and if you want to be in the business you should be ready to grow with it.
The language doesn't matter u say, but i say you are wrong, go to any IT Job Interview, your competent in using a language matters a lot but Your Choice of Language you program with really speak Volumes.!

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by MasterGramnet(m): 9:54am On Apr 17, 2020
mcqwerty:

Pls stop typing like this. undecided undecided
my Guy, No Vex Ooo, Just A Point Of View
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by MasterGramnet(m): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Well it doesn't change the fact that when something is updated, doesn't mean it has new features.
You made a point that Nairaland is different from Google and Facebook, of which is quite so, but can u specifically tell me what Google was when it was created as well as Facebook, compared to what they was, they had expanded beyond their horizon, their risk had paid off. If you want to go somewhere you have to leave your comfort zone...
And the supposed owner of nairaland ain't ready to do that. Nairaland has less than 3million users and how many active.?, since 2005. That's poor.!!!!
"The Fact something works well, doesn't mean It cannot be Improved" - Black Panther.
ok, Are U Saying That Nairaland Should Now Be A Search Engine Or A Messenger Site Instead Of The Forum It's.
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:11am On Apr 22, 2020
MasterGramnet:
ok, Are U Saying That Nairaland Should Now Be A Search Engine Or A Messenger Site Instead Of The Forum It's.
Who says anything about changing the nature.!
As far as am concern, nairaland don't have personal Messaging while on the site without using E-mails, that could be worked on and so much more could be added to provide great user experience while on the supposed site.!
You get it, don't you.?
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by MasterGramnet(m): 10:33am On Apr 22, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Who says anything about changing the nature.!
As far as am concern, nairaland don't have personal Messaging while on the site without using E-mails, that could be worked on and so much more could be added to provide great user experience while on the supposed site.!
You get it, don't you.?
whatever, if you're saying other features needs to be added, that could be right. nairalanders are saying the same thing too.
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by InfinityFabric: 7:37am On Apr 23, 2020
chim14:

Well while some programmers are being obsessed by esp this React of a thing, one digital marketer is or non technical is just sitting in one corner earning much more than a developer..lol.
Most accomplished scientists are not the richest. In fact I don't know of a billionaire inventor and if there are it be very small in number.
Don't shame people working legitimately.

Programming language is not important, it's what u produce with it, ....
Only young or naive programmers are obsessed or boast of programming languages, old ones don't.
Language do matter especially when you're looking at efficiency and cost.
Why do you think game engines are written in C, C++,?
Why do you think OSes are written in C, few C++ RUST etc ?
Database Systems ?
Real-time (Embedded) Systems ?
Aircraft ?
You heard of HFT ?

And when your services keep going down because the Java app keeps running out of memory, you:
1. Either keep spending on acquiring more servers to meet up JVM never ending demsnds.
2. Re-write in a more efficient language like: C++, RUST, where you can do all that 8GB in less than 80MB.

I'm still yet to see my services go beyond 20MB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:10am On Apr 27, 2020
InfinityFabric:

Most accomplished scientists are not the richest. In fact I don't know of a billionaire inventor and if there are it be very small in number.

Database Systems ?
Aircraft ?
You heard of HFT ?

And when your services keep going down because the Java app keeps running out of memory, you:
1. Either keep spending on acquiring more servers to meet up JVM never ending demends.
2. Re-write in a more efficient language like: C++, RUST, where you can do all that 8GB in less than 80MB.

well analyzed....
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by InfinityFabric: 11:38am On Apr 27, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Show me a digital marketer that earns more than a programmer and I will show you Programmer whose monthly earn is more than than the earn of 10 digital Marketer.!!!
And I guess you don't program much, because language really matter, Technology grows, and if you want to be in the business you should be ready to grow with it.
The language doesn't matter u say, but i say you are wrong, go to any IT Job Interview, your competent in using a language matters a lot but Your Choice of Language you program with really speak Volumes.!
Stop it Patrick, you're hurting him!

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Grandlord: 11:06am On Apr 29, 2020
InfinityFabric:

Database Systems ?
Aircraft ?
You heard of HFT ?

1. Either keep spending on acquiring more servers to meet up JVM never ending demsnds.

Cool smiley

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Chuky7(m): 3:40pm On May 05, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Well it doesn't change the fact that when something is updated, doesn't mean it has new features.
You made a point that Nairaland is different from Google and Facebook, of which is quite so, but can u specifically tell me what Google was when it was created as well as Facebook, compared to what they was, they had expanded beyond their horizon, their risk had paid off. If you want to go somewhere you have to leave your comfort zone...
And the supposed owner of nairaland ain't ready to do that. Nairaland has less than 3million users and how many active.?, since 2005. That's poor.!!!!
"The Fact something works well, doesn't mean It cannot be Improved" - Black Panther.

lol nigger quoted black panther
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Chuky7(m): 3:56pm On May 05, 2020
InfinityFabric:

Database Systems ?
Aircraft ?
You heard of HFT ?

Guy don't argue with that boy he's definitely not a programmer...

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Chuky7(m): 3:57pm On May 05, 2020
chim14:
I like Nairaland the way it is. What I love more is the lightness and the speed at which it loads, even less powerful phones can load Nairaland.

Some so called modern websites with all the stupid React and Angular, take like forever to load. Some it's ads that mess up the speed e.g Lindaikeji blog, Nairaland has ads but it loads very well & smoothly with millions of users....that's more important.

True...

the site smoother than ply wood
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Lordpeckxy(m): 4:03pm On May 05, 2020
Chuky7:

lol nigger quoted black panther
Nigga see things from Insignificant things, when people see rubbish - I see classic, when they see coincindence - I see pattern, when they see nonsence - I see widom, when they see Failure - I see experience, when they see doubt - I see truth.
Lol... When people stand up and ask, I sit down and reason.
I can be optimitic at times but Just like THANOS says - It can be misplaced.!
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Chuky7(m): 4:07pm On May 05, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Nigga see things from Insignificant things, when people see rubbish - I see classic, when they see coincindence - I see pattern, when they see nonsence - I see widom, when they see Failure - I see experience, when they see doubt - I see truth.
Lol... When people stand up and ask, I sit down and reason.
I can be optimitic at times but Just like THANOS says - It can be misplaced.!

Did you just rap or was that a quote?
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Hotspotbro(m): 6:40pm On May 05, 2020
Seun should add online games so the users(users only)can compete and if possible win real prizes. And if he should add a section and name it Flashback\History\Did you know? So Nairalanders like Explorers can do their job of showing us discoveries we didn't know
I deserve a monetary appreciation for the ideas. They aint free bro.!

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by InfinityFabric: 9:24pm On May 05, 2020
Chuky7:

Guy don't argue with that boy he's definitely not a programmer...
You mean he's definitely NOT knowledgeable about the matter being discussed.
He might be a programmer, but he's definitely NOT the kind that's well grounded. Or he's just drunk.
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:58pm On May 05, 2020
Chuky7:

Did you just rap or was that a quote?
LoL i did'nt even see it as any, just making a statement. Bt u can go ahead an choose anyone.!

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Chuky7(m): 12:48am On May 06, 2020
InfinityFabric:

You mean he's definitely NOT knowledgeable about the matter being discussed.
He might be a programmer, but he's definitely NOT the kind that's well grounded. Or he's just drunk.

yeah...i guess that's it

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2020
Nairaland....
The Webland of Inspiration....
At least a bit and bits of things like this...

1. Attachments: (maximum size: 4MB for pictures and 250kB for other files)
[s] Something Should have been done about It [/s]
Re: NAIRALAND: Why Are You Not Been Updated With New Features? by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:57pm On May 10, 2020
[code] print("The F I don't give" );
console.log("a fact I see well enough" ) ;
docs.listen("Just testing out White font style, nothing to panic about" ) ;
docs.writeln("And Just testing some HTML tags code to see which and which works apart from the stipulated once, I guess code doesn't works" ) ;
[code]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Help With My Codes. / Reasons Why Nigerian Tech Companies Pay Poorly. / How To Connet C++ Mfc Application With Mysql

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.