Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State (48350 Views)

BSUTH Cuts Off Woman's Breast Only To Later Discover She Doesn't Have Cancer / We Sacked Only Three, Not Thirty Resident Doctors - BSUTH / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by mamatwiny(f): 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
faithfull18:
But why does the Medical profession have 2 snakes as its logo.
It is in the bible. When poisnous snakes were killing isrealites, god told moses to mold a snake, Whoever looks at the snake lives.

You remember the story?
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
Phenmeson:

Let dem come after corona Don finish. Greeting from Sussex
Of course after corona. Nobody gonna be writing exams now haha. Greetings from Berkshire grin

1 Like

Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
rat eaters.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
mamatwiny:

Sure
And the syllabus is the same. Any serious doctor should pass that Plan exam but the problem is that relocation is not easy for ppl with families. You have to put the spouse career and the kids into consideration b4 taking any major decision.

Well, I guess the spouse has to be patient and relocating families is actually easier for doctors and nurses moving from Nigeria once they are settled. According to what I’ve heard in conversations with Nigerians who’ve just moved here.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by inioluwaDaniels(m): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
Only in Nigeria sacking doctors amid pandemic facing d world right now cos dey ask for dere legal rights
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by waynejesus: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2020
And they want farmers to represent them abi
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by banhammy: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2020
Swiitdoll:
They better write that exam nigerian doctors do and come to the U.K., we need y’all here and will treat you right or to Canada, they even pay better . Fleee from that unserious country.

For now, Nigeria is far more better and safer than UK, CANADA and America combined together.
Forget about the bad eggs, our doctors handle this Corona virus issue professionally and God really support them.
Nigeria Health system is better than UK
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by 2016v2017: 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
They sack doctors despite the current pandemic. Is this Country Mad? undecided
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by idtwo: 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
2mch:
I think Benue state government needs to sack the lunatic in charge of that hospital

I quite agree with you.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by MetaPhysical: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
Rekhina:
It pains me how a full grown up man like metaphysical will lie that his audio Miss Rosalind is a doctor ,gandollar n itooworwor( Anuohia) can u imagine

Audio audio ..because no lady will date him grin grin grin

grin grin grin
You are safe, Im happy.

Dont mess with any foreigner in this corona period. Only Yoruba boys, you hear?

1 Like

Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by BafanaBafana: 2:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
blowjohn:

Hmm. U got me confused
There was a controversial case of corona virus at that hospital, and out of the many issues that came up, the suspected patient complained that doctors were coming to video her and they were calling her madam coro.
So jst maybe, this mass sack is related to that

2 Likes

Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by seangy4konji: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
When everybody oa trying to go forward,Nigeria always takes several steps back ward..
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by bustykasa(f): 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
Supported....some of them can't read well
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Dollabiz: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
Really
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
Mandeyy:
Did you not read the reasons given and the new residency act?

I did. In reality, very few departments require eight years plus to complete residency; neurosurgery for example. Most others easily permit completion in 4 or 5. And even the later period after the training has been undergone, they can even do the exams on their own without having to rely on teaching hospital posts. Most just stay for the maximum period due to the huge emoluments they get for the period and by doing that, block the path for new entrants seeking to start their own residency. It's pure selfishness.

2 Likes

Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by ItooWorWor(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Rekhina:
It pains me how a full grown up man like metaphysical will lie that his audio Miss Rosalind is a doctor ,gandollar n itooworwor( Anuohia) can u imagine

Audio audio ..because no lady will date him grin grin grin
But he already have a wife in dubia grin grin

1 Like

Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by emeijeh(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
Swiitdoll:

Nobody cares about him, he’s told us to expect deaths so he’s gonna die to ha! Idk who the hell voted conservative anyway lmao
He was merely forecasting.
Trump said same thing on Sunday.
You don't expect the pandemic to disappear, the curve is observed.
You hate the man so much.
Why?
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2020
All roads lead to USA, no time. Life is all about risk
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
emeijeh:

He was merely forecasting.
Trump said same thing on Sunday.
You don't expect the pandemic to disappear, the curve is observed.
You hate the man so much.
Why?

I just don’t like conservatives at all. I was pissed when they won angry
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by galadima77(m): 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
feldido:
This is the reason they all Flee to US, Canada, UK and Australia when we have very few Doctor to patients ratio. Ngige was right, we have more than enough Doctors already grin grin

Any sane management wouldn't fire 3 doctors at this time.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by philkoms: 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

I did. In reality, very few departments require eight years plus to complete residency; neurosurgery for example. Most others easily permit completion in 4 or 5. And even the later period after the training has been undergone, they can even do the exams on their own without having to rely on teaching hospital posts. Most just stay for the maximum period due to the huge emoluments they get for the period and by doing that, block the path for new entrants seeking to start their own residency. It's pure selfishness.

This info is vital but are you saying that the information given by the ARD is false and to buttress your point i also know that those who encourage strike action in our hospital are these old resident doctors
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by kikake: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2020
Why at this time when even non medical persons are being coopted into medical activities?

Well, Benue State grew it's university teaching hospital. Imo state university teaching hospital established at about the same time was destroyed by one bad belle clan in Imo state which hosts 99.9% of govt devt institutions in Imo state, sees other two clans as strangers to the State.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by blowjohn(m): 4:03pm On Apr 07, 2020
BafanaBafana:

There was a controversial case of corona virus at that hospital, and out of the many issues that came up, the suspected patient complained that doctors were coming to video her and they were calling her madam coro.
So jst maybe, this mass sack is related to that

Well, may be a rumour.
Doctors don't have that kind of time or do such stuffs.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by emeijeh(m): 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
Swiitdoll:

I just don’t like conservatives at all. I was pissed when they won angry
Prefer Labour?
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2020
emeijeh:

Prefer Labour?
All day everyday grin
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by emeijeh(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2020
Swiitdoll:

All day everyday grin
OK dear, mobilise your fellow dolls in the next elecrion to make sure your candidate occupies Number 10. cheesy
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
philkoms:

This info is vital but are you saying that the information given by the ARD is false and to buttress your point i also know that those who encourage strike action in our hospital are these old resident doctors

The agreement cited by the residents may be in place, but it does not mean that it is ethically right to milk it to its maximum capacity. The thing is that Federal teaching hospitals pay very well so the residents are often reluctant to leave. It is extremely difficult for them to get private jobs that pay as much; even as qualified consultants. I don't know about the specific reason behind this specific issue, but if it is due to the time period as they say, then I think it is understandable. Let others get a shot at residency.

I don't know about the strike actions.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by uanenga(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

The agreement cited by the residents may be in place, but it does not mean that it is ethically right to milk it to its maximum capacity. The thing is that Federal teaching hospitals pay very well so the residents are often reluctant to leave. It is extremely difficult for them to get private jobs that pay as much; even as qualified consultants. I don't know about the specific reason behind this specific issue, but if it is due to the time period as they say, then I think it is understandable. Let others get a shot at residency.

I don't know about the strike actions.

The 2017 medical residency training act is the law that regulates residency training in Nigeria. It specifies how a resident should enter and leave training.
A junior resident leaves 12 months after eligibility for exams while a senior resident leaves 18 months after eligibility for exams. And when a senior reg passes and becomes a consultant, he/she leaves the institution after 6 months of passing.
This is the law and anything short of this is illegal.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
uanenga:

The 2017 medical residency training act is the law that regulates residency training in Nigeria. It specifies how a resident should enter and leave training.
A junior resident leaves 12 months after eligibility for exams while a senior resident leaves 18 months after eligibility for exams. And when a senior reg passes and becomes a consultant, he/she leaves the institution after 6 months of passing.
This is the law and anything short of this is illegal.

So how does the total add up to 8 or 9 years?
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by SharonLoveth(f): 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
Uyi168:
To come and die abii.. grin

NO
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by SharonLoveth(f): 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
Uyi168:
U think it's that easy abii...

It's Free

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Richard Quest Tests Positive To COVID-19 / Coronavirus: 4 New Cases In Nigeria, Total Of 139 Cases, 2 Deaths, 9 Discharged / 7 Signs That You're Consuming Too Much Sugar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.