Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State (48609 Views)

BSUTH Cuts Off Woman's Breast Only To Later Discover She Doesn't Have Cancer / We Sacked Only Three, Not Thirty Resident Doctors - BSUTH / Salaries Of Medical Doctors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by frog12: 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
incorrigible maggots. we need more doctors. dey tdey sack doctors. hahahha
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Rekhina(f): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin grin grin
You are safe, Im happy.

Dont mess with any foreigner in this corona period. Only Yoruba boys, you hear?
So u are wishing death at me ?
I now reject u n ur Yoruba brothers .

I loathe u
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

So how does the total add up to 8 or 9 years?
strike, failure of Hospitals to allow residents to go through all their postings in time because they are short-staffed, non payment of salaries, failure of Hospitals to sponsor the exams, as is required from them. High failure rate of exams is another example. Those professors can be sadists.

Residency in Nigeria is a joke, it's better to either move abroad, quit Medicine or do another business. That's what a lot of younger doctors are realising. People aren't writing primaries anymore
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
strike, failure of Hospitals to allow residents to go through all their postings in time because they are short-staffed, non payment of salaries, failure of Hospitals to sponsor the exams, as is required from them. High failure rate of exams is another example. Those professors can be sadists.

Residency in Nigeria is a joke, it's better to either move abroad, quit Medicine or do another business. That's what a lot of younger doctors are realising. People aren't writing primaries anymore

Most of these are not the fault of the hospital. The FG is not obliged to keep paying for residents who keep failing. Non payment of salaries is not an excuse to prolong the period. Sponsorship is almost always implemented on time. There is always a budget for that.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Most of these are not the fault of the hospital. The FG is not obliged to keep paying for residents who keep failing. Non payment of salaries is not an excuse to prolong the period. Sponsorship is almost always implemented on time. There is always a budget for that.
Are you a resident doctor?

Sponsorship is never implemented on time once it is from the government. You know the country you live in.

Yes, many residents now have to pay for exams which is almost as expensive as writing exams abroad themselves. How easy is that when your salaries are not paid for months at a stretch? you still have to come to work because of the programme, you have to settle family bills and you also have to work round the clock, read, learn, operate, teach medical students, do your research for project and so on? Is it not better to just relocate abroad where if you failed, you failed fair and square, not like nigeria where they teach you only white rice and ask for a 5 course meal as exam question?

If you annoy the wrong professor, they can choose to keep failing you.

Back in school, there was a senior resident(SR) in surgery who kept failing his exams. But he was extraordinarily smart,till the extent that those he thought will overpass him. Apparently before the exam, one of his professors who was very popular in the field would tell him to give his examiners a reference letter. The examiners will ask him questions.amd he would answer. But he still kept failing.

This happened up to 4 times or so. The next time, on his way to the exam he decided to open the letter. The letter was not long, it just said that the examiners should fail the bearer of the letter.

That is how oga entered the exam room. The examiners asked him if he had any letter for them and he said no. That's how he passed the exam. He's now a surgeon in the United States.

I have many more stories like that.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by bizzibodi(m): 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2020
Must all State University run a medical school?
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by tylesh(f): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
At a time like this shocked

1 Like

Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by Zidane10(m): 1:00am On Apr 08, 2020
This goes a long way to tell you the direction this country is going.
In the midst of this pandemic, you are sacking your Doctors.
Hmmm....
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by googi: 2:06am On Apr 08, 2020
These are sad stories. I was wondering why someone wrote it took 8 to 10 years to get out of the mess. I thought he meant training.

It is not training but a mess to become desperate.

Think about it, this happened to many graduates, not only in medicine.

Believe those girls that claimed Sexual Harassment by professors.
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by MetaPhysical: 5:14am On Apr 08, 2020
Rekhina:
So u are wishing death at me ?
I now reject u n ur Yoruba brothers .

I loathe u

You wan start ya drama this early morning.

Im thankful everybody is safe. Im safe and thankful.

Reject your short-prick Arab lover and come get good whipping.

We cannot be socially close but its legit to be sexually close during lockdown. grin
Re: BSUTH Sacks 30 Doctors In Benue State by BafanaBafana: 9:58am On Apr 08, 2020
blowjohn:

Well, may be a rumour.
Doctors don't have that kind of time or do such stuffs.
No be rumour o unless you say the lady was lying. Minister of health himself had to intervene. The lady had to be move to Abuja. It was a serious case in Benue last week.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Showing How Local Gin 'ogogoro' Is Brewed In Nigeria / Fake Female Medical Doctor Apprehended In Abuja (Photo) / Photos Of Best Hospitals In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.