Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:40 AM

Marriage Gone Sour - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Gone Sour (986 Views)

1 / Kind Gesture Turned Sour After 16 Years / Gone But Not Forgotten Tribute To Baby B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Gone Sour by NuLevel(m): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2011
There is actually no room for regrets. I have gotten myself into it already and I need to find a solution fast.

We were in courtship for about 2 years and during this period we were best of friends until the idea of getting married surfaced. At first she was cool with it but along the line she developed cold feet, she said though things might seem rosy now but getting married might just rock the boat. Because of the love I had for her, I begged her to stay but her mind was made up. After trying out everything i could for a while, the situation remained the same and I had to give up on her.

Two weeks after I made up my mind to let go and I stopped all forms of contact with her, she came over to my place to ask for forgiveness, that she was just afraid and that she was ready to put in her best to make it work.

Our marriage is barely two months old and it's now the opposite of what our courtship used to be, devoid of friendship and love, we are like strangers living in the same house. Mind you, she does all the things expected of a wife and she has never faulted me. She said the chemistry is no longer there and it would take a while for her to adjust, but for how long do we continue living like this. I am helpless.

I need serious minded NLanders to respond please.
Re: Marriage Gone Sour by rhemal: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2011
its better for you to end the relationship now and cancel the marriage,cos marriage is for eternity.You will surely find someone else,think n act fast.
Re: Marriage Gone Sour by Dyt(f): 11:49am On Jan 02, 2011
Lucky u she told u
i m nt married yet bt v similar faults
i think u jst go on vacation 4 a wyl
u try possible all u know dat makes er happy
do d expectional
jst d both of u
think of d things u do den
tho its hard bt jst give it a trial
Re: Marriage Gone Sour by spyder880(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2011
There is nothing wrong with the marriage or her behaviour. Many young people come into marriage with different expectations, trying to make it look like the ones they saw on African magic. There is nothing but stress affecting both of you. Chill out, watch comedies, laugh more, take her out, bring back the courtship. It shall be well.
Re: Marriage Gone Sour by NuLevel(m): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2011
@ Spyder,

I like your angle to it. I have actually been around and seen so many marriages, some good and some not so good. I know marriage is not a bed of roses and it is more of what you make of it. I am doing all those things you mentioned to spice things up but I guess I have to do more.

@ Dyt

We went on a trip last month and we had fun but 2 days to returning she had an irrational mood swing. I will go down memory lane to bring back her happy moments.

Thanks,  looking forward to more responses.
Re: Marriage Gone Sour by ifyalways(f): 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2011
2 years of dating and she rejected ur proposal. . .speaks alot.Could it be that she had plan B and the plan B did not work out then she came back to you undecided
Question is:have u guys ever sat down to discuss abt this loveless and lifeless marriage?Do u guys think u can still make it work?
The decision is not just urs to make,but urs and hers.
Re: Marriage Gone Sour by Joagbaje(m): 4:11pm On Jan 02, 2011
Several ladies have their insecurities and fear, they are afraid of being stuck into a wrong relationship . Especially if they came from broken home or witness their father beat up or maltreat their mother. Some also have such troubles because of a bad relationship they had. So to hold her fear against her. She needs help. She needs help. Of course some ladies may behave like that if they don't want commitment . But for her to come back shows she is serious, she was only dealing with fear and insecurity. You are the one that can heal her with a good understanding. And assuring her over and over of you love for her. She will come out of the insecurity. Seeing a pastor won't be a bad idea because some cases like this can be spiritual or demonic. But you've not married a wrong wife . She needs help
Re: Marriage Gone Sour by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2011
///
Re: Marriage Gone Sour by NuLevel(m): 9:59am On Jan 03, 2011
Thank you all for your advice. CC, u seem to know it all, ur responses on all threads have been helpful nd on point.

(1) (Reply)

Dead Uncle Wife Adopted Kids And Brothers Refuse. / B / Strictly for aquarius niggas...February niggas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.