Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire (50916 Views)

Nigerians Criticize Accountant General, Commissioners Over UK Workshop / Buhari appoints Adeniran as Surveyor-General of the Federation / Properties Of Stella Udogwu, Former Accountant General Of Imo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by JOLSOFT(m): 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

The operation of the office is fully computerized and all transactions are saved online with back up outside the office. Not a single essential data would be lost to the fire.
Are u a Nigerian? A country that snake is swallowing money. Bros wake up you are in Nigeria
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by irunoko(m): 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
ebuk4real:
grin

Money heist.

Them don steal o. Just looking for an alibi to cover their tracks...

Nija I hail thee
they should keep at it

Karma knows everyone's house address

Like the Bible will say

In due season everyone shall be rewarded in accordance with the works of his hands

1 Like

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by GEEBITE: 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
Lol. If you really work at Auditor general Anthony Ayine's office you would have read his damning report of all agencies and departments for 2018. Ok now, when they told you all records are backed up in clouds or remote servers,did you verify or fact checked? I am tempted to tell you to Bleep off you this fibber .
seunmsg:

I’ve been involved in auditing the office so I should know.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by uchman46(m): 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
We leaving in a zoo called a country,, anyways we await the next news of missing records cause as far as am concerned, Nigerian don't have a database so therefore there's nothing saved in cloud
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
kiyosaki1:

All this epistle for likes

No. To explain to pessimist like you that burning down an office building cannot save rogues from being exposed if they’ve stolen government’s funds.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by srclark: 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:
The entire building or a part of the building? Hopefully, firefighters from area 10 will quickly put the situation under control.

Those of you insinuating that the fire was deliberate obviously lack knowledge of how far we’ve gone in Nigeria. Gone are the days when people steal money and then burn down the building to destroy records. Financial records can no longer be destroyed by merely burning a building. All transactions are now done through TSA, GIFMIS, REMITA and IPPIS. Federal government transactions are fully saved online and backed up at different locations. Essential records can never be lost to the fire.

Again, those insinuating that Covid-19 donations would be lost to the fire are very ignorant. All donations at federal level are paid directly into a CBN controlled account. All records are with CBN and not OAGF. Nobody can steal Covid-19 donations by burning OAGF building.
be there speaking grammar .if a public servant can come out and say snake swallowed money
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Elmander1983(m): 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
I pity Nigerians. Another embazlement Don occur. Let's hear the figures abi Una go sweep am under the carpet? #ourmumudondo in charly boys voice. Can someone supply the meme with the dude spitting out schnapps
talk2archy:
Office of the Accountant General of the Federation is currently on fire right now in Abuja.
The cause of the fire accident is yet to be disclosed as at the time of filing this reprts.

But we hope the fire-brigade officials make it to the scene on time to put out the fire to avoid more unpleasant news especially with national funds.

https://punchng.com/breaking-fire-guts-accountant-generals-office/?amp=1
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Bigcowhorn: 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
ebuk4real:
grin

Money heist.

Them don steal o. Just looking for an alibi to cover their tracks...

Nija I hail thee

1 Like

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Hoodbilonia: 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
That year.
I missed early 20's.

The year of original nike headbands handbands,jerseys and of cos timbs

Xo even corona virus dey dat year
Wetin murphey lee dey do with face mask for this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeZZr_p6vB8
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by southpole: 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nbote:
Dis one na cover up fire ...

In which country? Dis one abi anoda one... Back up outside d office indeed..
All essential offices in Nigeria such as the office of the acountant General of the federation, Central Bank, NNPC and the likes have a backup copy of their daily transactions stored outside their main office, it has been like that for many years just like you will have your PC backup in a CD and stored outside the PC. It is not a new thing and not something difficult to do. Now if you are ask to investigate the fire incident some of the things you will ask them to provide are the backup copies of their previous transactions up to the day or hour before the fire was noticed and if the management is not able to provide the backup copies that will be a red flag indicating that there was likelihood of compromise leading to the fire incident
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Stoglins12(m): 12:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
I was happy reading this not until when I realised you are not the one in power controlling all these agencies/personalities involved here.
seunmsg:
The entire building or a part of the building? Hopefully, firefighters from area 10 will quickly put the situation under control.

Those of you insinuating that the fire was deliberate obviously lack knowledge of how far we’ve gone in Nigeria. Gone are the days when people steal money and then burn down the building to destroy records. Financial records can no longer be destroyed by merely burning a building. All transactions are now done through TSA, GIFMIS, REMITA and IPPIS. Federal government transactions are fully saved online and backed up at different locations. Essential records can never be lost to the fire.

Again, those insinuating that Covid-19 donations would be lost to the fire are very ignorant. All donations at federal level are paid directly into a CBN controlled account. All records are with CBN and not OAGF. Nobody can steal Covid-19 donations by burning OAGF building.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Joesaleh28: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
Omo our Covid 19 money don go ooooo you go hear say billions don lost hmmmmm Nigeria ��
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Rondigee: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2020
Its only kn Nigeria that things like this will be happening
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
SmartyPants:

Bear with me as I am a relative ignoramus in these matters. The auditor general's office is the auditor of the government isn't it? So there could be other records that may implicate certain people right?

So this is not necessarily a question of diverting funds. Maybe it's a question of covering up some other paper trail.

Possible yes?

Yes, the OAUGF is responsible for auditing the federal government.

Once the payment platform is subjected to audit, all the necessary information concerning a financial transaction would be revealed. In GIFMIS for example, you can easily trace the person that initiated the transaction, the person that reviewed and the person that gave the final approval. With this, you can fill in any other missing link in the paper trail.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by ofiko123(m): 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ezemarcel:
Fake

How do you know??
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Commonsense99: 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
grin grin
Ladies and gentlemen, there goes the donated funds for COVID-19 pandemic. Going, going, goneeeeeeee!!

So Nigerian politicians are still using this old format of burning accountants office after embezzlement huh? cheesy
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by GEEBITE: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
You should have deduced from his words that he is a charlatan. An IT auditor will never use those terms"Back up outside office;saved online"'.
Nbote:

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Doncyn(f): 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Mission accomplished... looting in progress...� APC looters
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Sprumbaba: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

Backup does not mean it cannot be embezzled. Money is missing at CBN.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by seunmsg(m): 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
GEEBITE:
Lol. If you really work at Auditor general Anthony Ayine's office you would have read his damning report of all agencies and departments for 2018. Ok now, when they told you all records are backed up in clouds or remote servers,did you verify or fact checked? I am tempted to tell you to Bleep off you this fibber .

This one want to start teaching me my job on Nairaland grin grin grin. And you even know more about the annual Auditor General’s report than me, right?

Some of you really think too much of yourself. See, sit this one out if you have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by luiscarter(m): 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

The operation of the office is fully computerized and all transactions are saved online with back up outside the office. Not a single essential data would be lost to the fire.

You never know wia u dey, wait to hear updatw from govt
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by daddytime(m): 12:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
I just saw the video of this fire outbreak and couldn't help but shake my head.

In a normal and sane society, someone would be losing his/her job and getting prosecuted for this gross negligence.

Yes, I said gross negligence and zero attention to details and due process.

That particular building is like a second office to me, and if you are familiar with the surrounding you can't help but notice this particular portion that was engulfed wears a new and different look.

This is because there is an ongoing renovation on the building and for the aesthetics, they had settled for a total cladding of the exterior. One would have thought an aluminum cladding would be the product of choice, but he'll no, the very weekend before the total lockdown order I had taken a closer look at the material being used by the contractor and guess what? It was an inflammable plastic-like accelerate material, and you'd notice from the video how it melts and drops to the ground below and engulfing whatever part it reaches.

A very bad and shoddy job going on there.

Na God just decide to open their nyansh and save lives.
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Buffalo2(m): 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nbote:

That's "covering fire" in military term grin
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Chimezirim121: 1:00pm On Apr 08, 2020
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by IamAtikulate: 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2020
seunmsg:

This one want to start teaching me my job on Nairaland grin grin grin. And you even know more about the annual Auditor General’s report than me, right?

Some of you really think too much of yourself. See, sit this one out if you have nothing reasonable to say.
30k per month zombie forming an auditor

2 Likes

Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by ostechno(m): 1:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
ceeroh:
Money is not kept in the Accountant-General's office. And as for the issue of missing records that may arise afterwards, I believe they should have their records backed up in the cloud.

But what do I know, this is Nigeria.

Are you having challenges recruiting quality and suitable staff for your business?
Do you need expert input to move your business forward?
You don't have to worry anymore. Prime Watermark Consulting can do all that for you. We offer Quality Human Resource and Business Consulting Services.
Areas of Focus.
Administrative, Engineering, Finance, ICT, Hospitality, Medical, Domestic staff (Drivers, Chefs, Stewards, etc). For more info: Kindly check the signature.
Thank you.
Lol, cloud for accountant general's office
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by suremanpatriot: 1:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
We said it that the lootin that dem go dey do while they lock ppl inside no be here,and they must destroy d records b4 resumption embarassed
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by ThinkB4mention(f): 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
Is that our monies on flame?
Re: Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire by Resurgent2016: 1:09pm On Apr 08, 2020
Marine50:

But the fund dat will be released for renovations is not computerized I guess

Don't mind the mofo. Saying ippis and TSA and stopped corruption. He doesn't know what goes on in Abuja....such ignoramus

An investigative panel will be constituted with a sitting and allowance of at least 1m per head per month.

A recovery company will be hired for at least 800% of the actual cost. Yet the company will only be able to recover 40% of the system files, because the hardwares and softwares meant to secure info weren't working well or are substandard.

Another investigative panel will be set up to assess the report of the first panel and conduct an inquiry into the quantum of funds lost as a result of the 60% data not recovered. Sitting allowance will be 1m per head per month too.

Massive procurement fraud will go on starting from the oga at the ministry himself, who will ask for a 10% cut from the contractor.

Cc: seunmsg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nela Duke And Asuquo Ekpenyong's White Wedding Photos In Switzerland / Revolution Now Protesters Confront Police (Photos) / EndSARS: I Witnessed Protesters Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.