Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help (2229 Views)

Are There Dentists Here That Can Fill Holes In The Teeth / Hole In The Teeth, Help / Stain On The Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by fubbyy(m): 12:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
I recently extracted one of my teeth, making it the 3rd teeth am loosing , the 3 major teeth I use in chewing both sides are gone, I now position food to a certain place in my mouth before I chew

The dentist told me that teeth can be replaced which is not removable, which is a permanent artificial, that gave me hope, I went to YouTube and downloaded videos, I saw different types of replacement, the biggest one is the one they implant the teeth inside your gum and make it stand as other natural teeth

Now my question goes to the dentist and anyone who has undergone such thing, is there any side effects?

Thanks
Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by olamydey(f): 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
I'm currently undergoing implant procedure. Hope the dentist told you the cost implication too. One tooth replacement cost a minimum of 400k. Also the procedure lasts a minimum of 4months. No side effects from what iv been told. A platinum root is inserted and allowed to fuse with your jaw bone. Then a crown is attached.

1 Like

Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by blackboy(m): 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2020
Did mine for like N40k at Bethel Clinic in Abuja. I'm still to go back for the other side but postponing.

It's over 2 years now. I'm okay with it. Just I know I have a fake tooth. But I'm cool with it serves me well

1 Like

Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by fubbyy(m): 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2020
olamydey:
I'm currently undergoing implant procedure. Hope the dentist told you the cost implication too. One tooth replacement cost a minimum of 400k. Also the procedure lasts a minimum of 4months. No side effects from what iv been told. A platinum root is inserted and allowed to fuse with your jaw bone. Then a crown is attached.
am happy to hear this, it's costly but the cost still not a problem, all I need to discover is if there's any side effects

Thanks alot
Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by fubbyy(m): 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
blackboy:
Did mine for like N40k at Bethel Clinic in Abuja. I'm still to go back for the other side but postponing.

It's over 2 years now. I'm okay with it. Just I know I have a fake tooth. But I'm cool with it serves me well
you are not feeling any kinda pain all these while? You use it to chew like your natural teeth?

God bless you for this reply
Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by fubbyy(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
SAMICSUBDOTCOM:
uhm....
what's that
Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by olamydey(f): 8:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
What you did at 40k is definitely not an implant. A porcelain+ metal crown maybe.

Iv had 4 crowns since 2007 due to an accident with no complains but one of them just got broken and residue could not take on another crown hence why i resorted to implant. From rct to crowns to post crowns, bridge and now implant. I use national hospital. My implant has fused and I am waiting for the crown.

blackboy:

1 Like

Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by fubbyy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
olamydey:
What you did at 40k is definitely not an implant. A porcelain+ metal crown maybe.

Iv had 4 crowns since 2007 due to an accident with no complains but one of them just got broken and residue could not take on another crown hence why i resorted to implant. From rct to crowns to post crowns, bridge and now implant. I use national hospital. My implant has fused and I am waiting for the crown.

Please is this crown removable or permanent like implant? I know that implants required piercing of your gum to insert a certain metal inside, does crowning go the same process?
Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by olamydey(f): 8:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
A crown is a permanent cover for an incomplete tooth. Its not like a denture which u remove and fix back. It is cemented over an existing tooth and can only be forced to remove. The crown does not go deep to fuse with bones, the insertion ends within the gum.

An implant includes tooth removal, bone grafting or filling, implant placement in the gum to the jaw bone(platinum), then final stage of putting a crown on the implant.

fubbyy:
Please is this crown removable or permanent like implant? I know that implants required piercing of your gum to insert a certain metal inside, does crowning go the same process?

1 Like

Re: Replacement Of The Teeth, Please Help by Collins4u1(m): 5:01am On Jul 22, 2021
olamydey:

I hope I can get a response. Is it national hospital Abuja that you're using?

(1) (Reply)

.. / My Experience Observing The #nobraday / Basic Things You Should Know About Infant Pneumonia As A Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.