Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,069 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation (45771 Views)

How Hand Sanitizers Are Made In Lagos Market, Ojota - Video / COVID-19: Ogun Govt To Distribute “Not For Sale” Hand Sanitizers To Residents / Hand Sanitizers by EMZOR pharmaceuticals Available in Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by dre11(m): 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2020
Top officials of Edo state government-owned Central Hospital in Benin City, on Tuesday allegedly abandoned their respective duty posts, just to avoid receiving customised hand sanitizers donated by a governorship aspirant in the state, Dr. Pius Odubu.

The incident caused a mild drama in the premises of the Hospital, as the campaign team of the former Deputy Governor got stranded.

Odubu who is one of the frontline aspirants on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who have vowed to stop Governor Godwin Obaseki from securing the party’s ticket for a second term.

He said the donation of the hand sanitizers was part of efforts to assist health care personnel in the containment of coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in the state.

Confirming the incident, the Director-General of Odubu Campaign Organisation, Barr. Henry Idahagbon, said, “the Hospital management had agreed on 11 am last Wednesday, to receive the donation.”

He expressed concern that no official of the Hospital was on ground to receive the donations on behalf of the health workers when the organisation visited on the agreed date.

According to him, “When we got to the hospital, we called the Medical Director, Dr. Edomwonyi, to intimate him of our presence in the facility.

“His response was that ‘My brother I am not around and you know this is politics’.

“At that point, we left and proceeded to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), where we made the donations.”

The MD, Dr. Edomwonyi Ekuase, could not be reached for comment as calls to his mobile lines did not go through.

However, the State Commissioner for Health, Dr. Patrick Okundia, said he was not aware of the development.

“It is not to my knowledge. You need to also find out whether some people have picked them and kept them somewhere,” Okundia said.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/04/08/coronavirus-drama-as-edo-hospital-rejects-donated-hand-sanitizers/

2 Likes

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by CrudeSon: 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
Just imagine!!
Just to support a sitting governor,no one wants to lose his job,this is what it has gotten to, politics over humanity,Kwontinue

139 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
Playing politics with COVID-19?

There's no doubt, Nigerians are one of the if not the worst set of humans on Earth.

UnaToto

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by chariisGRACE(m): 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2020
"His response was that" ‘My brother I am not around and you know this is politics’.

The certificate of that Doctor should be investigated. Such words cannot be spewed by a real doctor.
They politicise everything, even when the life of the citizens Is at stake.

Imagine the boosit!!

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by quinox947: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
The Central Hospital is owned and managed by the state government. Accept any gift on behalf of the hospital especially from an APC contender, is seen as stepping on the tiger''s tail. The fear of Obaseki/shaibu is the wisdom of saving your Job,

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by haleymoon: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2020
This is what happens when you grow up in a criminal state in Nigeria. To much politics in everything from the family right to the top.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Infogetong(f): 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Intriguing

Beggar wen get choice.

Check my signature if you desire to work form home this season
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by smokeyupu(m): 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
E no de dem budget
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Elvis2kay: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
angry
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Houseofglam7(f): 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
undecided
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by TheTourist: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
POLITICS MUST ENTER EVERYTHING IN NIGERIA SHA.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Abia1stboy: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
Bring it to Abia state, we accept anything because our useless governor doesn't know anything

6 Likes

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by DesignHave: 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2020
grin

Even the health workers in a Government owned Hospital have Joined in the Politics Matter

And who would blame em?
Everyone wants to eat these days.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Mikelarteta(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
They don’t seem to trust anything that has a possible hand writing of Oshiobaba.
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by salbis(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
Almost everything in Nigeria is politics.

1 Like

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by CyberEBOLA(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
ok
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Legitz: 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
Lol grin
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by iammo(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
cool

Obaseki is a terrible man, and very mean(never mind his show of meekness ).. abeg let them save their jobs.. with everything he did to oshiomhole his helper, who are the doctors, he might order the demolition of the hospital.. a dude that sacked commissioners for speaking with oshiomhole, demolished James Ibori's home, shot at convoy of Oshiomhole and oba of lagos, locked the state assembly, demolished kabaka's hotel, that dude would sack any doctor and his or her pension would be forfeited

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by sanemind2(m): 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Are you in ph and looking for movies to watch on ur hard drive or laptop
Call: 0.8.1.5.37.8.3.1.0.6
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
H
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Slawormir: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

This is the complainant own version of the story
Lets wait for the accused own version

Odubu and his elements can't be trusted.

7 Likes

Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by candidbabe(f): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Nigeria my country
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Ogegeodey(m): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
See what politics has reduced haminty to. How can someone reject a sanitizer just because the donor is an aspirant
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by SlyIg(f): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Everything is now politics in this country!
Re: Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation by Prettychichi21(f): 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
Odubu for Governor??
Dead on arrival! cheesy

P.S I dont like Obaseki, but Odubu?? Nah!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood / Lady Dies After Giving Birth To Her 2nd Set Of Triplets At Traditional Delivery / I May Have Lost My Leg But I Gained Something Better; Lady On Her Birthday. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.